The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1252 replies to this topic

#841 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

There are incentives beyond bragging rights. Though I guess some lead to that. There are boons and buffs you are earn for entire guild. Those earn influence so you can "level up" your guild and unlock emblems and gear.

Maybe not enough for some, just I know the more influence the more, choices you have.

#842 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

It isn't a dire need to keep any structures you get ahold of though, it means a lot less then some games. Of course, I don't think guilds are going to be lazy about defending their keeps and structures. Late night raids, large numbers and shocking cordination will be displayed in WvW I'm certain.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#843 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

It isn't a dire need to keep any structures you get ahold of though, it means a lot less then some games. Of course, I don't think guilds are going to be lazy about defending their keeps and structures. Late night raids, large numbers and shocking cordination will be displayed in WvW I'm certain.

Yeah see, that's the "so what" I'm talking about. How can I, as a GM, get my guild motivated to take a keep? Nobody cares about buffs or silly emblems, but give us a world boss to fight over that drops legendary loot and we're all over that. If we can't kill it, nobody will as long as we're there heh. PvP rewards are a farce, because the reward should be killing each other. If that's not fun, then what's the point?

I know the game isn't built for us, but I'm willing to give it a shot during the free 3-day trial. After playing Planetside 2 beta so much though, I'm already leaning towards just canceling my order.

#844 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Yeah see, that's the "so what" I'm talking about. How can I, as a GM, get my guild motivated to take a keep? Nobody cares about buffs or silly emblems, but give us a world boss to fight over that drops legendary loot and we're all over that. If we can't kill it, nobody will as long as we're there heh. PvP rewards are a farce, because the reward should be killing each other. If that's not fun, then what's the point?

I know the game isn't built for us, but I'm willing to give it a shot during the free 3-day trial. After playing Planetside 2 beta so much though, I'm already leaning towards just canceling my order.

And it isn't just PVP rewards. The gear and buffs (example is extra XP for certain amount of time) flow over into the pve game. Don't underestimate people's desires to have the best looking outfits out there. I think a lot of people will want to show off their custom made emblems they designed themselves.

Heck, legendary weapons are more or less just styles and don't necessarily have the highest stats in the game.

Posted Image

#845 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Your own opinion is the only one that matters when talking about whether or not to cancel the order. Just play for a few hours tonight/all day tomorrow and see where you stand on the whole thing and make a decision before tomorrow is through.

My suggestion is that you should jump into WvW fairly early tonight/tomorrow before everybody is leveled up. It will be tough to get a great feel of WvW if you wait too long because people will level up to 30 before you know it and have a massive edge over newbies who jump in with level 1 gear.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#846 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Your own opinion is the only one that matters when talking about whether or not to cancel the order. Just play for a few hours tonight/all day tomorrow and see where you stand on the whole thing and make a decision before tomorrow is through.

My suggestion is that you should jump into WvW fairly early tonight/tomorrow before everybody is leveled up. It will be tough to get a great feel of WvW if you wait too long because people will level up to 30 before you know it and have a massive edge over newbies who jump in with level 1 gear.

Ouch, so gear > skill again. Guess that's inevitable, but what you mentioned was my plan yeah. Any tips for fast leveling in PvP? I'll probably just ride the coattails of some massive group and run around killing everyone lol.

#847 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

https://www.guildwar...ited-time-only/
To commemorate the launch of Guild Wars 2, we’re making a special hat available to all players for free! The Celebration Hat is a baseball cap with the iconic Guild Wars 2 dragon logo—a stylish addition to your town attire!

You can find the Celebration Hat in the Black Lion Trading Company in the ‘Style’ category by pressing ‘O’ while playing the game. The hat is available at the cost of zero gems. The Celebration Hat cannot be traded to other players. The hat can be worn by any character on your account.

The Celebration Hat will only be available from August 25 (during Headstart) through September 12, so don’t wait! Just enter the Black Lion Trading Company before September 12 to get one!

It's the same baseball cap that was available for 0 gems in the stress test earlier this week, except it's now red instead of black.

#848 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Ouch, so gear > skill again. Guess that's inevitable, but what you mentioned was my plan yeah. Any tips for fast leveling in PvP? I'll probably just ride the coattails of some massive group and run around killing everyone lol.

Well you cannot level up in PvP. The only thing you level in PvP is your account rank, which gives you some "glory" (to buy stuff that looks good).

If you're talking about WvW I'm not sure about that. I guess just go around and try to zerg with everybody else and get points by contributing to everything. I'm not 100% sure how the point structure works in WvW and whether or not you get a bunch of points for raiding supply points, breaking down walls or just killing and capturing, etc.

#849 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

It's the same baseball cap that was available for 0 gems in the stress test earlier this week, except it's now red instead of black.

A gap of around three weeks isn't exactly a super exclusive special item...I'll pick one up, but it isn't anything "special" in terms of how exclusive it is.

#850 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

I have a feeling the servers are going to need their caps raised very soon. I don't expect the 1M+ US people to fit onto the servers that we already have without raising the "server cap" as ANet puts it.

#851 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Well you cannot level up in PvP. The only thing you level in PvP is your account rank, which gives you some "glory" (to buy stuff that looks good).

If you're talking about WvW I'm not sure about that. I guess just go around and try to zerg with everybody else and get points by contributing to everything. I'm not 100% sure how the point structure works in WvW and whether or not you get a bunch of points for raiding supply points, breaking down walls or just killing and capturing, etc.

WHAT?! I could've sworn I was getting exp in WvW. Wow, if I can't level via PvP, then that's bullshit.

#852 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

So hyped right now. Friends off at store atm getting snacks and supplies. Have to get up for work in the morning. I have a feeling I won't be sleeping.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#853 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

So how is gamestop doing this prerelase thing? I ordered my game from gamestop and paid in full because I had stuff to trade in.

Is it just the code I got for the beta is good for the prerelease, also never participated for the beta because I was always busy, so how does one download the client?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#854 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

WHAT?! I could've sworn I was getting exp in WvW. Wow, if I can't level via PvP, then that's bullshit.

You can level up in WvW and get gear, experience, loot, etc. But in SPvP (hot join/tournament), you CANNOT level up or anything like that.

#855 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

So how is gamestop doing this prerelase thing? I ordered my game from gamestop and paid in full because I had stuff to trade in.

Is it just the code I got for the beta is good for the prerelease, also never participated for the beta because I was always busy, so how does one download the client?

You never got sent a link or anything for a palce to download the client? In any case, when you do find out how to download it, YES...the code for the "beta/stress tests" will be effective for playing during the head-start up until 5 days after the official launch (the 28th).

#856 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Servers are live!

Good luck getting your one word names. 3 out of my 5 were already taken seconds into launch (and I was spamming the play button lol).

#857 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

I hope I get the client download link and my code soon. Maybe before the official launch.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#858 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

Played some Asura engineer tonight, had a lot more fun than I did playing Charr. Probably because Asura questlines, voice acting, and areas are much more hilarious and awesome. And the game runs much, much, much better now, so I'm not getting terrible slowdown all the time.

Good stuff, I'm impressed now.
Posted Image

#859 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Heard from guildies that nobody was able to log in again this morning and they took the servers down. I guess they can say the game has not officially "launched" in their defense.
Spoiler

#860 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

You can actually recolor the head, brim, and I think lining to what ever dye color you have and want to use.

It goes on your town outfit.

#861 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Heard from guildies that nobody was able to log in again this morning and they took the servers down. I guess they can say the game has not officially "launched" in their defense.

Lol, the servers were kind of shit last night too. I had to fight the lag monster about fives times just to escape the tutorial after being disconnected over and over. Was so bad I gave up any idea of trying to PvP because it would have just been awful. Not the worst launch I've ever seen, but far from quality.

#862 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Any good sites that talks about the details of the different races and professions other than the official GW2 site for those not in the know. Everything I've seen on youtube and google is garbage.
Spoiler

#863 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Any CAG Guilds?

I'm currently playing on Blackgate

Edited by Layd Dly, 25 August 2012 - 06:55 PM.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#864 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Any good sites that talks about the details of the different races and professions other than the official GW2 site for those not in the know. Everything I've seen on youtube and google is garbage.

Not sure if what you are looking for but here are a few links.

Useful Links thread.

This guy has some launch prep video's.

New ZAM database getting up and running

IGN has a wiki guide..

Posted Image

#865 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

I've been on since 11am eastern.

Having a lot of fun so far. Kinda glad I didn't end up subbing to WoW considering all the content that is in this game. Granted I'm sure WoW will always have more raid and end game content.

Only 3% world complete and so much left to do.

Playing as a Necromancer atm.

#866 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

having a blast. launch was flawless. why the Fuck can't other companies get that right?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#867 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

I've been on since 11am eastern.

Having a lot of fun so far. Kinda glad I didn't end up subbing to WoW considering all the content that is in this game. Granted I'm sure WoW will always have more raid and end game content.

The collectibles are incredibly grindy though, in an Assassin's Creed bad kind of way. It's really wearing me down since I keep getting an error trying to enter WvW. Also, I don't know who balanced the exp/level in this game but it's awful. For a level cap of 80, I should not be 21 with this much time put in.

There's also not enough quests to get you even close to what the zones say they cap out at without repeat grinding in an area that you've already maxed rep with. The only remedy is to go to another area your level and do those quests, but so far I've hated every place I tried outside the human zones. Some hubs have very tedious requirements compared to others that you breeze through fast and painlessly. Very poor job balancing quests and exp.

I will say that the world is pretty to look at though. It's about the only thing going for it while grinding.

having a blast. launch was flawless. why the Fuck can't other companies get that right?

Uh, you must have a very low pop server then because for the first hour or so I was being disconnected, lagged to death, or crashing. Some zones are extremely laggy as well, but I'm sure that's a server by server basis. Far from flawless on my end.

#868 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

I was and am on Sea of Sorrows. I experienced no lag at all, which amazed me. Of course, it sucked when the servers went offline! Such an amazing game. The WvWvW is great.

GA3XcNi.png?2?7311

#869 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

The collectibles are incredibly grindy though, in an Assassin's Creed bad kind of way. .

So far this is my biggest complaint if your refereing to those viewpoints where I have to climb up to the ass end of no where. lol. Not exactly fun to do on a keyboard.

I was able to hit the level cap in WoW at 20 in less then 12 hours thru their trial. I'm not sure what is the appropriate amount of time one should spend to hit max level in MMOs these days. Back when I use to play UO and went to EQ I would reckon thousands of hours but that was mixed in with socializing and not straight grinding.

#870 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

They really, really need to fix the splitting up of parties in this game. Fucking "Join In" button doesn't show up half the time, and when it does, 95% of the time it doesn't work and gives a network error.

Pretty pathetic. Even SWTOR let you choose your instance.
Posted Image