Photo
- - - - -

The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1254 replies to this topic

#871 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

So far this is my biggest complaint if your refereing to those viewpoints where I have to climb up to the ass end of no where. lol. Not exactly fun to do on a keyboard.

I was able to hit the level cap in WoW at 20 in less then 12 hours thru their trial. I'm not sure what is the appropriate amount of time one should spend to hit max level in MMOs these days. Back when I use to play UO and went to EQ I would reckon thousands of hours but that was mixed in with socializing and not straight grinding.

Vistas aren't too bad, it's the points of interest that take a metric fuckton of patience to find. They at least clue you in if it's above or below you, but sometimes the path to get there is so obscure I needed a guide to figure out WTF it was. Good design should mean it never takes more than five minutes to find it. I've had to give up on a few because the time wasted is not worth the paltry exp.

Maybe WvW will be back today. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#872 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

having a blast. launch was flawless. why the Fuck can't other companies get that right?

Pretty much this. Spent the first 5 hours just running around exploring without doing any of my story quests and didn't feel like I'd spent 5 hours, or that I'd wasted my time. The rewards for fully exploring a non-city zone are substantial and make it worth the time. Haven't done much crafting, just enough to get bags -- it's great that each armor profession gets an 8 slot bag recipe.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#873 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Really enjoying GW2, will unsub from WoW now, since I cant imagine wanting to go back to that. Then again I like Star Wars: Old Republic Online better then WoW.
Posted Image

#874 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

I hate that people are calling this a "flawless" launch, when it's still plagued with serious problems.
Posted Image

#875 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Only problem I've had is not being able to sell my stuff and getting stuck in overflow. I haven't witnessed any lag and was disconnected for a whopping 20 seconds earlier. My problems are not serious. Serious launch issues were in Diablo 3s terrible launch.

Maybe I'm just the lucky one of the bunch but I've been having a lot of fun.

#876 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

I finally found my pvp dude, mesmer

now to find a fun pve. tried: necro, elementalist, engineer. All to level 6 to 9. All are 'eh' so far

#877 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

The patch last night seems to have fixed the problem where I couldn't join in with friends, so I'm not nearly as pissed at the game now.

And I don't know how you would find Engineer "eh", considering it's hilarious and awesome. Guardian is pretty good if you like support variety, if you wanna try that.
Posted Image

#878 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

my weekend starts now. time to get stuck in :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#879 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

The patch last night seems to have fixed the problem where I couldn't join in with friends, so I'm not nearly as pissed at the game now.

And I don't know how you would find Engineer "eh", considering it's hilarious and awesome. Guardian is pretty good if you like support variety, if you wanna try that.

The grrnades are annoying, maybe i should try smart-cast on them, so i dont gotta click 20000x times

Warrior might be the PvE for me, since he can do melee and ranged with all the weapons

#880 WhoolzYourDaddy

WhoolzYourDaddy

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Really enjoying the game. Started 2 diferent characters. Norn engineer and a human fighter.
Is there a CAG guild or group?
Posted Image

#881 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Add your info to the first post if you're looking to group with other CAG's.

I don't think theres a CAG guild but if there is, whoever decides to make it, add that info to the first post as well.

For those who have played, there is a new discussion question.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#882 WhoolzYourDaddy

WhoolzYourDaddy

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Added name to first post.

Improvementswise, I'd like to see some significantly less tedious heart missions. Some are maddenening, if they just tweaked them a little it wouldn't be such a pain.

Other than that, playing as an engineer, I have access to just rifles and pistols. I played as a warrior that can use all the weapons. The warriors rifle skills were better (imo) than the engineer. Maybe boost the engineer's skills a little. Or maybe I just stink?
Posted Image

#883 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

I haven't tried Warrior yet, but how do you feel the Engineer rifle skills are lacking and how are you speccing your traits? I think it's a pretty good kit for 1v1; you've got a snare, a knockback, an escape/closer, and a bleed skill. I've been stacking precision and condition damage and have been able to take down enemies a couple of levels higher or veterans a level or so higher without too much trouble.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#884 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm also an engineer and I use the rifle more for utility than actual damage. The grenade or bombkit out performs it for damage and gives you many more conditions to work with.

I'm personally using the grenade kit with the radiation field asura skill and stacking condition damage. Works great and I can pretty much ignore my aggro since the aoe of nades is ridiculous.

You can also throw grenades behind you as you run which is crazy.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#885 WhoolzYourDaddy

WhoolzYourDaddy

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

I am using my traits for toughness. I'll try going more offensive.
I mainly use the flamethrower to deal some damage and switch back to the rifle to pull enemies or pop fleeing ones.

Maybe I need to expirament a little more tonight.

I haven't tried Warrior yet, but how do you feel the Engineer rifle skills are lacking and how are you speccing your traits? I think it's a pretty good kit for 1v1; you've got a snare, a knockback, an escape/closer, and a bleed skill. I've been stacking precision and condition damage and have been able to take down enemies a couple of levels higher or veterans a level or so higher without too much trouble.

Posted Image

#886 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Got level 40 last night and decked myself out in T1 gear. Hoping to hit 50 before release and then just gank lowbies all day in WvW to 80. This game has some really nice art direction, but the combat is so boring in PvE. All I do is shadowshot, heartseeker, heartseeker, heartseeker, dead. Against elites, I just call in my brotherhood (2 thieves) and rape it. And if that doesn't work, just kite all day with a shortbow. /yawn

Not really sure what's keeping me from quitting, but I guess it's just the goal of hitting 80 before everyone else. I like that sort of competition heh.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#887 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Got level 40 last night and decked myself out in T1 gear. Hoping to hit 50 before release and then just gank lowbies all day in WvW to 80. This game has some really nice art direction, but the combat is so boring in PvE. All I do is shadowshot, heartseeker, heartseeker, heartseeker, dead. Against elites, I just call in my brotherhood (2 thieves) and rape it. And if that doesn't work, just kite all day with a shortbow. /yawn

Not really sure what's keeping me from quitting, but I guess it's just the goal of hitting 80 before everyone else. I like that sort of competition heh.

Could try Dungeon. Start at level 30. First time is story mode. A little easier than t he explore mode. There are marks, tokens, or something for each time do each that you can trade for unique gear. Weapons I know, like the bow that shoots rainbow arrows but maybe armor sets too.

Nice thing about dungeons is that explore mode changes the layout and opens different paths you wouldn't see unless you do it multiple times.

#888 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

If you are a huge PvPer type of guy, then I can see PvE getting a bit slow I suppose. Personally I am a "PvX" type of person who likes everything but the fact is, if you aren't interested in crafting or the storyline/gear, just go into WvW and level that way.

It won't be the easiest thing but at level 40+ you should be able to massacre a lot of zerg fools who break off of a big group.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#889 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Well I'm at the point where you pick which order you want to join, though none of my friends are on and I think this a point of convergence (completed your race stuff and now onto bigger things).

I wish I knew what this determined. From the sample missions it seems like the Priory is going to have some fun toys, though since they have the magic stores probably a bunch of defending missions. Not sure how they would handle the final fight against the dragon.

The Order of Whispers is a staple from GW1, probably the most interesting approach to the missions. Though as with the Priory, I'm not sure how they'd fight the dragon.

The Vigil seems to be the straight forward action packed one with full frontal assaults. I imagine they get to have to best battles against the dragons, just taking them head on.

Tough call.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#890 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

i see everyone is on different servers. i THINK you can still play together, just can't pvp together.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#891 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

i see everyone is on different servers. i THINK you can still play together, just can't pvp together.

Yeah I think the overflow servers are mixed.. I think.

There will be guessing feature where you can do what you mentioned, but don't think that is in yet.

#892 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

My son and I want to get on the same server and play together a lot. I cant find any information on how to do this. Anyone able to help?
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#893 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

My son and I want to get on the same server and play together a lot. I cant find any information on how to do this. Anyone able to help?

When in a party, both of you go to the same zone, and right-click their portrait. There should be an option to "Join in *Name of Zone*". The name of zone part is new, so you might be able to do it from other zones now, but I haven't tried it.
Posted Image

#894 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

TIME EXTENSION! Just got an email telling me I have 5 more free days to play before I have to enter a key. Maybe I'll beat the game and retire. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#895 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

TIME EXTENSION! Just got an email telling me I have 5 more free days to play before I have to enter a key. Maybe I'll beat the game and retire. . .

Liar. What the Fuck, are you like 12? You're a troll, Fuck off and go back to WoW already.

#896 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

I had my fears but the Priory, from the very first mission, is turning out to be awesome. Hooked me right away. Don't want to spoil the story for anyone, but if you were thinking it'd be going through libraries and such like I was, you'd be wrong!

Think Indiana Jones ruin exploring and looking for a legendary weapon rather than books and finding a hidden text that reveals a weakness.

Also their base is built into the side of the Shiverpeaks:
Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image

#897 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Liar. What the Fuck, are you like 12? You're a troll, Fuck off and go back to WoW already.

Oh I plan to. Just playing other games for now. Also

WvW is finally working and elle oh elle:
Spoiler

Is it too early to tell or is that lopsided? I mean, just from looking at that we're dominating so far.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#898 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

When in a party, both of you go to the same zone, and right-click their portrait. There should be an option to "Join in *Name of Zone*". The name of zone part is new, so you might be able to do it from other zones now, but I haven't tried it.

Thank you. Will that make it so our home server is the same too?
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#899 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thank you. Will that make it so our home server is the same too?

No, so be sure to roll characters on the same server. In the event that you don't, World transfers are free right now, so you should be able to go into the Black Lion Trading Company and "buy" a transfer for zero gems.

Mind you, the only reason you "need" to be on the same server is if you plan to do WvW together.
Posted Image

#900 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

ahaah holy shit you got ferguson's crossing in your wvw group

thats not even fair

Posted Image
Posted Image