Photo
- - - - -

The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1253 replies to this topic

#121 Lord Melvin

Lord Melvin

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:45 AM

Well, its not really just an expansion. To me, it sounds like it has as much content as the original, and people can buy just GW: Factions and play it without buying the original at all.
Posted Image

#122 greendc27

greendc27

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

Huge new update is out, it includes the battle isles and changes to the login screens and other stuff.
[url="http://profile.xfire.com/greendc27"][/url]

#123 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

Well, its not really just an expansion. To me, it sounds like it has as much content as the original, and people can buy just GW: Factions and play it without buying the original at all.

It seems like it will be similar to City of Villians in that it is BOTH and expansion to the original and a new entry point.

#124 Pylis

Pylis

Cheap Ass Super-Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

I started playing this game like crazy again a few weeks back, after a 6 month hiatus. Already got my new Ele character to level 20. Looking forward to playing Factions, too.
Posted Image

#125 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

I started playing this game like crazy again a few weeks back, after a 6 month hiatus. Already got my new Ele character to level 20. Looking forward to playing Factions, too.

What is your name in-game?

samuraifez.png

#126 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:05 AM

Ok, I've been playing as the Ritualist and I've got to say, theres no way they won't get nerfed. As it stands now, they are far too strong as healers. Add in your lazy man's spirits and you've got a healing tank the likes of which have never been seen! Haven't tried the assassin yet, but most of my friends say that they are relativaly balanced.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#127 Pylis

Pylis

Cheap Ass Super-Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:02 AM

What is your name in-game?

My ele's name is Crystal Anderson.
Posted Image

#128 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:03 AM

Well I've started playing again.

#129 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:03 AM

wow, I played for 15 minutes and I think I quit guild wars forever. damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved this game dearly, but they killed it with the "expansion"
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#130 greendj27

greendj27

MMMMMM....Turkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:06 AM

wow, I played for 15 minutes and I think I quit guild wars forever. damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved this game dearly, but they killed it with the "expansion"

Why? What's the problem with the update?

#131 karsh

karsh

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

I have to say, as much as I love WoW more than Guild Wars anymore, DAMN I love the Assassin.

Posted Image

#132 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

Fuck.... Damn you all for making me reinstall.

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#133 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:26 PM

Why? What's the problem with the update?

not nessecarily a problem, but they made it so much different than guild wars used to be. i mean, with the assassin on one of the A/W pvp chars, he had 4 attacks that have to be used in succession of each other, imo that can't work too well against a good team, I mean one blackout, especially if it's on the lead attack, then you're pretty much screwed for 30 seconds, if you're not dead before then. and they really overpowered the ritualist.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#134 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:48 PM

Wow... the Ra/A Is pretty rape-y. I swapped out the rez signet for throw dirt. Very nice

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#135 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:10 AM

The expansion seems promising. I'll admit, the little preview got me excited. I quit playing after my guild split, but i'm looking to play more again. Being guildless takes away from a lot of the fun though.

#136 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

Hey I've been playing Guild Wars for a while now - mostly PvE - and I haven't joined a guild. Does CAG have a guild? I have a Mo/E 20, R/W 15 and N/? 17. I would love yo quest with you guys since it's always a pain to get a group together and then people leave in the middle of the quest. My Monk is Bart Lifegiver and my Ranger is Bart Darkshadow.

#137 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:58 AM

Wow, I thought I was a higher level than what I am. I haven't played in about 6 months and I just got done playing for about 2 hours. Apparently my guild doesn't go on very often either. Most hadn't been on in 1-3 months. They did buy capes though so now my character has a cape, not that I contributed to that at all but it was kind of cool to see my character wearing a cape all of a sudden.

#138 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

Maybe if I started a guild that would make me more interested in playing. Anyone interested in starting another CAG centric Guild. Not necessarily a CAG Guild officially but a Guild that includes a lot of CAG's.

I've never made or joined a guild before though so this would be new territory for me. It seems easy though.

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#139 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

Maybe if I started a guild that would make me more interested in playing. Anyone interested in starting another CAG centric Guild. Not necessarily a CAG Guild officially but a Guild that includes a lot of CAG's.

I've never made or joined a guild before though so this would be new territory for me. It seems easy though.

playing in a guild would be great. It would make me want to play much more often. I think I am going to try and play some more just to mess around with the other classes to see what works for me ( I like my character, but I get swarmed and killed too often)

Posted Image

#140 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:25 PM

CAG already has a Guild, you know. Tell me what time to be online and I'd be happy to invite you.

#141 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

CAG already has a Guild, you know. Tell me what time to be online and I'd be happy to invite you.

I know but every time someone mentiones it they tell me it's dead.

#142 Pylis

Pylis

Cheap Ass Super-Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

I know but every time someone mentiones it they tell me it's dead.

Pretty much. After coming back to GW I found that nobody ever plays anymore, so I left the guild.
Posted Image

#143 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

I'd be interested in dropping my current guild if someone wanted to do the CAG-centric guild idea.

#144 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

Count me in for a CAG-centric guild. I've just started playing again after 4 month break. I really haven't done PvP much.

#145 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

The thing is, however, we already have capes.

This is my suggestion: let's revitalize the guild.

We'll remove everyone who hasn't signed on in the past month. If they want to be back in the guild, we can let them back in.

We can make the more active members Officers so they can invite people into the guild. Of course there's some requirements, but if a guy wants in and he sems nice you can.

Sound okay? We could also re-do the guild cape if needed.

#146 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:13 AM

I say yes on the new guild, ill probably join and play every once in a while. and i don't know why everyone's all crazy about capes, i mean they're only 2 plat. unless inflation in this game has left that to be a bitchload.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#147 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:56 AM

well today i ended up going on GW for about ten minutes because i didnt want to get hooked like i was before but if there ends up being a Guild again for CAG i would be happy to join it

Moxio that sounds great u should start the new guild
AIM: PrO AcTiVe Xx
GT: PrO AcTiVe

Games playing: BF2: MC(For 360), GRAW (For 360), and planning on getting WoW soon.

#148 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Revitalizing the Guild sounds like a good plan. With Factions on the horizon, lots of people will probably start playing again. If we get this going, I vote for a new cape, but even if our cape is ugly as sin we now have the oh-so-handy "Always Hide Cape (Except PvP)" option.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:59 PM

The thing is, however, we already have capes.

This is my suggestion: let's revitalize the guild.

We'll remove everyone who hasn't signed on in the past month. If they want to be back in the guild, we can let them back in.

We can make the more active members Officers so they can invite people into the guild. Of course there's some requirements, but if a guy wants in and he sems nice you can.

Sound okay? We could also re-do the guild cape if needed.

Sounds like a man with a plan.

#150 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:55 AM

I'm in, if you guys don't mind. I've been looking for people to play GW with as my old guild split a few months ago.