The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1253 replies to this topic

#211 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

The xpac is out?

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#212 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

Naw, just talking about over the free preview event weekend.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#213 Lord Melvin

Lord Melvin

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:41 AM

Melvin discovered a crazy tanking Rit build. Made use of the ash's ability to draw agro like anything else you pick up. I dunno if he wants to tell people about it though, so I'm not gonna spoil it for him.

All you do is grab some armor buffs, some healing, and the elite ashes that steal life whenever you take damage from a foe. I think they're going to remove the aggro from the ahses though. It just makes PvE way too easy, and there would be W/Rt all over the place.
Posted Image

#214 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:08 PM

In case any of you missed it the first time around:

http://cheapassgamer...ead.php?t=90395

#215 Foolman

Foolman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:13 AM

I see there are some recent posts, but is the clan still active enough? Maybe I should just wait til Factions comes around.

#216 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:11 AM

Fuck no. the clan died like a month after the game came out. :lol:

Not enough people on the forum that played and those that did sucked. :lol:

#217 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:11 AM

Resentment.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#218 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

Fuck no. the clan died like a month after the game came out. :lol:

Not enough people on the forum that played and those that did sucked. :lol:

Jealousy. <_< >_> ;)

#219 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:02 AM

Jealousy. <_< >_> ;)

but you suck in the good way Mox. 8-[

#220 snotnose_colossal

snotnose_colossal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

sucks that the clan isnt active anymore, was hoping to get some help on a few missions from some CAGs

#221 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:37 AM

Hey man, there may not be an active clan, but I'm sure we CAG's are more than happy to help out a fellow gamer. Hit me up!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#222 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

Alright, heres the latest outing I've been on with some other members of the Guild I'm in. We lost but it was fun all the same..

If you haven't passed ascention yet or don't even know what that is, this video may contain spoilers for you.

I Present, How Not to Kill Glint.
http://rapidshare.de...lGlint.wmv.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

#223 greendc27

greendc27

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

Alright, heres the latest outing I've been on with some other members of the Guild I'm in. We lost but it was fun all the same..

If you haven't passed ascention yet or don't even know what that is, this video may contain spoilers for you.

I actually took a picture of my monk holding one of the eggs by Glint's head after we killed him. :D
[url="http://profile.xfire.com/greendc27"][/url]

#224 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

I didn't watch the vid, but I killed glint alone with my ranger. 8-)

#225 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:22 PM

Alright, heres some interesting info for anyone who is psyched about Factions.

Tidbit #1: If you pre-order online, some retailers won't ship you your pre-order until the 28th, thus making your early start useless since you won't have the key yet.

Tidbit #2: During the headstart, you will NOT have the 2 extra character slots. This mean's you'd have to delete an old character to play.

Tidbit #3: Even though your Guild may be a part of one Faction (Luxon or Kurzicks), this does NOT prevent you from playing as the opposite Faction.

Tidbit #4: Tired of the BS number of character slots? Well if you have a little extra cash (though this totally goes against the CAG mantra) you can purchase additional slots at the price of $9.99 each.

Thats all for now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#226 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:26 AM

would anyone seriously wanna start up a new guild? if so, I'll preorder Factions tomorrow. if not, then I won't bother until it drops.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#227 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

I've got too many games right now... =\

#228 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:58 PM

Happy with my current Guild thanks ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#229 Foolman

Foolman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:08 PM

Tidbit #1: If you pre-order online, some retailers won't ship you your pre-order until the 28th, thus making your early start useless since you won't have the key yet.

'
You'll be able to play on the early start day. The pre-order package key works for the day of release and the early start day. Of course, if you don't get you're normal Factions key by the day after release, you're screwed until that comes. When Guild Wars came out, I got both the regular box and pre-order package a couple days early. All I entered was my pre-order key though. I played the head start and the day of release. On the second day of release I couldn't play with me account. It took me 10 minutes to figure out I hadn't entered my normal Guild Wars key, haha.

My pre-order is processing right now and I have (free) overnight shipping, so no worries(I hope).

#230 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:37 PM

'
You'll be able to play on the early start day. The pre-order package key works for the day of release and the early start day. Of course, if you don't get you're normal Factions key by the day after release, you're screwed until that comes. When Guild Wars came out, I got both the regular box and pre-order package a couple days early. All I entered was my pre-order key though. I played the head start and the day of release. On the second day of release I couldn't play with me account. It took me 10 minutes to figure out I hadn't entered my normal Guild Wars key, haha.

My pre-order is processing right now and I have (free) overnight shipping, so no worries(I hope).

Think about it though, if they don't ship your preorder box with your key in it by the morning of the 27th (which some companies won't since the full game won't be out then yet) you cannot play the headstart since you won't have ANY keys to enter.

ALSO, some good news, enough people must have complained or whatever, but now Anet is saying there WILL be the 2 extra slots during the headstart. So, cheers to whoever managed that.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#231 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:45 AM

if u buy factions this week at bestbuy u get a free shirt.

#232 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:47 AM

FREE TSHIRT!?

You know, if you work for NorthWest and volunteer to clean the shit out of the bathrooms you'll get a free Tshirt too.

#233 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:48 AM

Think about it though, if they don't ship your preorder box with your key in it by the morning of the 27th (which some companies won't since the full game won't be out then yet) you cannot play the headstart since you won't have ANY keys to enter.

ALSO, some good news, enough people must have complained or whatever, but now Anet is saying there WILL be the 2 extra slots during the headstart. So, cheers to whoever managed that.

*Pst* The key for the early entry is in the pre order package. :-P

#234 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:22 AM

yeah, I decided to pick up factions on thursday right after school, if my eb has it in that is. gonna trade in 5 games to knock off about $20 off the price. Joined Melvins guild with crystal, although, theres only "5 active players"
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#235 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:46 AM

*Pst* The key for the early entry is in the pre order package. :-P

Arg.. people fail to understand.
If you preorder this online, the preorder box isn't magically teleported to your house, they have to send it to you just like anything you order online. So, in order to save on shipping costs, some retailers will just ship you your preorder box along with the game itself on the day it comes out (in this case April 28).

No key from preorder box=no headstart.

I hope its clear now...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#236 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:04 PM

O_o... thats kinda stupid.

Arg.. people fail to understand.
If you preorder this online, the preorder box isn't magically teleported to your house, they have to send it to you just like anything you order online. So, in order to save on shipping costs, some retailers will just ship you your preorder box along with the game itself on the day it comes out (in this case April 28).

No key from preorder box=no headstart.

I hope its clear now...

#237 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

O_o... thats kinda stupid.

Lol, yes exactly my point. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#238 Foolman

Foolman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

If it is happening like the first Guild Wars did, retailers will get copies at the start of the week and be able to ship them on tuesday (today) or tomorrow. Anyone that decided they wanted to do head start right now, is out of luck because they waited to long. If you desperately wanted the headstart, you should have pre-ordered at least a week before release.

#239 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:25 PM

hmmmm every time I play for an extended time, my computer will just freeze and a little box will pop up on screen saying "out of memory" and ill click ok and my computer will restart itself. Could this be because of ram? or is it something else? I have 1gb ram and a 256mb video card, and i have 2 fans in the back, and one on the side of my rig, so does anyone know whats wrong? I didn't think it would be my ram since its 4 times the minimum requirement, but now I'm not sure, and I'd like to get this problem out of the way before factions later this week.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#240 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

Lets see.. out of memory has only happened to me when I've used stuff with a known memory leak for a VERY long period of time (like 3 days or so).

While I'm not 100% sure, I'm guessing that Guild Wars does not have this problem, as I have left it on for weeks at a time.

This points to a hardware issue.
Is Guild Wars the only program you have that gives you the out of memory issue after extended use, or is it that Guild Wars is the only program you use extensivly?

I would say its not the system reqs. at all. As you said, you're waaay over their min.

Posted Image
Posted Image