Pikmin 2 14.99 at Target (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 dayglo

dayglo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:07 AM

It seems that several targets have had pricing errors with Donkey Konga 2, as well as Pikmin 2. It also seems that these pricing errors are exclusive to targets that have recently opened, as I have not seen it for this price anywhere else.

#2 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:22 AM

Damn... I wish I could get DK2 w/ bongos for $15. Or a new, fresh copy of Pikmin 2 for $15.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3 Technique

Technique

I AM THE SECRAT INGREDINT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:32 AM

Same here. But, is it JUST for recently opened Targets, or can it also apply to older ones?

#4 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:34 AM

As far as I can tell it's just newly opened Targets. I was able to find both of these at a target that opened on the 17th, but also price checked at the other Target less than 10 minutes away and both were full price.
Posted Image

#5 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

by recently open, would that include targets that opened 2 years ago? maybe i should check my target

#6 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:22 AM

actually .. I think it's more like x days ago. The only Target I found it at opened 7 days ago. likewise to the ones found in Auburn, GA.
Posted Image

#7 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:24 AM

So these were marked $14.99?

#8 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:52 AM

Yes marked on shelf with a regular (non-clearance) price tag.
Posted Image

#9 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:10 AM

one target had RE 4 in glass case in shelf showing 19.99 but when i went to get it they go Thats for Outbreak for ps2

#10 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

did it have the correct name on the tag ? The DK2 and Pikmin 2 had their names on the tag that was showing with the lower price and it scanned that price in the system. Going back this morning to see if anything else might be offset.
Posted Image

#11 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:38 PM

one target had RE 4 in glass case in shelf showing 19.99 but when i went to get it they go Thats for Outbreak for ps2

Throw down on them. Any time I've found games at Target that were in the wrong place behind the glass shelf, I've managed to get the cheaper price. It might have just been luck though.

#12 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:00 PM

Resident Evil: Outbreak file 1 & 2 is really bad game. Thought it worth $10 or less. I rather wait for Resident Evil 4 w/ Extra (PS2) coming soon this fall.
"Evil is Funs"

#13 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:04 PM

Shit, well, I guess I'll have to check my Target sooner or later now...maybe Sunday, since I'll need to go out that morning anyway.
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#14 dayglo

dayglo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

Atleast at the target I went to, the price sticker underneath the game (both Pikmin 2 and DK 2) said "GC Set" with the game title in smaller letters, and were both marked $14.99. I don't know if that might help someone in finding it, but I just remembered that detail.

#15 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

My Target's only a few months old, I'll check it out. Thanks OP.

#16 norkusa

norkusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

I can confirm this deal.

I was just at the newly opened Target in Grand Rapids, MI and they had Donkey Konga 2 (with bongos) and Pikman 2 marked at $14.99. Had the same "GC Set" tag on DK2 that dayglo mentioned too.

The sweet thing is that there was a "$5 off any $25 purchase" Target Coupon in the Sunday paper, so I scored both games for $25 total!

#17 norkusa

norkusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Damn, triple post. Sorry.

#18 norkusa

norkusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Damn, triple post. Sorry.

#19 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

If anyone can't find this deal i will pick you up a copy for the cost of the game plus shipping. PM me if you want it.

#20 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:39 PM

There is a Target opening up soon near me. When it opens, I'll have to check it out. There is another one thath recently opened, but it's kinda far. Not worth the trip out there I don't think.
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#21 BIG5

BIG5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

I can confirm this deal.

I was just at the newly opened Target in Grand Rapids, MI and they had Donkey Konga 2 (with bongos) and Pikman 2 marked at $14.99. Had the same "GC Set" tag on DK2 that dayglo mentioned too.

The sweet thing is that there was a "$5 off any $25 purchase" Target Coupon in the Sunday paper, so I scored both games for $25 total!

Almost worth a road trip. The thing is, I don't want either game that badly, but it's such a bargain.

#22 Epic Wolf

Epic Wolf

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:48 PM

No Go @ my Target..still full:roll:...
My Collection...
Posted Image
Every man dies but not every man lives, but who am I to decide how
every man lives or should live, but yet each mans pleasure is another's dissatisfaction...

#23 ilikeTOFU

ilikeTOFU

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:06 PM

anyone in so. Cal to be able to confirm similar deals? thanks in advance for any responses.

#24 stocker08

stocker08

Socially Awkward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:08 PM

damn, no dice. good deal too.