Automatic acronym explainer installed

This is a great idea and all, and not to bust Defender's chops, but why am I seeing the acronyms posted above as normal acronyms? They are appearing as they always do. Am I simply misunderstanding what he did?

See-----> IMO YMMV GGC

[quote name='Ledhed']This is a great idea and all, and not to bust Defender's chops, but why am I seeing the acronyms posted above as normal acronyms? They are appearing as they always do. Am I simply misunderstanding what he did?

See-----> IMO YMMV GGC[/quote]

let your mouse pointer rest over the acronym for a second, then a box will pop up describing it

[quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='Ledhed']This is a great idea and all, and not to bust Defender's chops, but why am I seeing the acronyms posted above as normal acronyms? They are appearing as they always do. Am I simply misunderstanding what he did?

See-----> IMO YMMV GGC[/quote]

let your mouse pointer rest over the acronym for a second, then a box will pop up describing it[/quote]

I figured I was doing something wrong. Thanx.

nice :idea: , would have never thought about it!

it would be very helpful to cheap ass newbies. fantastic technologies we have these dayz!1

I love it, but every time you idiot proof something, a bigger idiot comes along.

I doubt it'll help stop the "What's YMMV mean?" threads, but at least now we have new grounds for flaming them when they do. :twisted:

You guys should consider adding this to the lowercase acros as well cause I am not going to put "imo" in caps just so someone can see what it means.

An acro is an acro whether upper or lowercase.

I dont think individual games will be given acronyms within this system. It's mostly for the lingo of the web and deals forums.

I am sure CheapyD will be adding a ton of them as we go along.

I like this one a lot. Good job. :D

Second part of post removed because of stupidity pointed out by Banky in the next post down. Sorry about that one... :oops:

But that's what I'm talking about, if I refer to DOA the game, it comes up as "dead on arrival" and if you have PC mean Player's Choice, every time someone asks about PC games it'll say "Player's Choice"

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']But that's what I'm talking about, if I refer to DOA the game, it comes up as "dead on arrival" and if you have PC mean Player's Choice, every time someone asks about PC games it'll say "Player's Choice"[/quote]

Those words should just be left out of the acrobot. I talk about PCs a lot and It will be annoying for it to show up as something I am not meaning everytime.

yea, i guess this will eventually save disk space, and reduce clutter.. i.e. when someone askes what is TRU? what is a GGC in a deal thread. and 5 ppl answers and 3 others flame...

Would it be possible to set it up so that we can choose whether or not to use the CAG Acronym filter when we post, just like we can turn off the parsing for bbcode and smilies?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']But that's what I'm talking about, if I refer to DOA the game, it comes up as "dead on arrival" and if you have PC mean Player's Choice, every time someone asks about PC games it'll say "Player's Choice"[/quote]

To be completely honest, that didn't cross my mind. Never mind, then.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Would it be possible to set it up so that we can choose whether or not to use the CAG Acronym filter when we post, just like we can turn off the parsing for bbcode and smilies?[/quote]

If they add that, "on" should definitely be the default. That way, we won't have to tell the stupid newbies to turn it on while we're flaming them. Saves us all time. :D

[quote name='rimsforsale']this is going to have serious issues.. IMHO[/quote]

I don't undestand why Cheapy is including acro's like that as it will only lead to confusion and annoyances. The acrobot should be limited to acro's that are directly related to deals and/or business like TRU.

Cheapy should also try to get the acrobot to work when you preview a message.

Is this working properly on all browsers? It works fine for me, and I know them anyway, but the upcoming TRU BOGO sale has at least 3 different people asking what they mean. They refuse to read the thread since it's mentioned multiple times but maybe they can't see the underline and explanation. I'm hoping they're not that ignorant.

bread's done
Back