Photo
- - - - -

Buy Makai Kingdom at GameCrazy and get the artbook and guide for free YMMV.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:22 AM

Well I did this today at my local Gamecrazy. They told me that they were selling the game and that they had some artbooks left and that they were throwing in a free guide with it. The guide is done by Double Jump books, so it seems to be of the same quality that we have come to expect. It's the size of a book and is very long. I was planning on picking this one up at Fry's, but after seeing that I could get the artbook and guide I went for it. The Guidebook has an MSRP of $20, so probably most places will either sell it at that or $15 or not get it at all. I would have probably gotten the guidebook anyway, so this seemed to be the best deal. The artbook was a little roughed up since it was the last one, but it's in pretty good condition nonetheless. The guide is mint.

I'm not sure if this deal is YMMV or not, but just to be safe I decided to put in the topic title.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#2 1SwtDeception

1SwtDeception

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

Mmm.. going to check this out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted Image

#3 Kain Vincent

Kain Vincent

Monarch of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up, hiccuple. I'll check this out soon.
Hookbill is the best character in Tetris Attack 8-)
Game Collection|| Wishlist || Tradelist

#4 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

No game Crazy in my area :(
"Evil is Funs"

#5 evo t rex

evo t rex

This Space for Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:46 PM

Checked my local GameCrazy, they are NOT running any such deal.

What a pity.

#6 SnakeEater

SnakeEater

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:17 PM

i dont think this is an official deal that GameCrazy is running. Chances are it is just that store that the OP went to because those strategy guides should have been entered into the computer. Anyways, nice pickup OP. I just picked up my copy, haven't played it yet though.

#7 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:23 PM

i wish i could of gotten a free guide. I love the game right now, and a guide for free would of been very cool.

logo.png

#8 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

Damn, that's probably a major YMMV...

BTW, what GC was this at?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#9 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

Damn, that's probably a major YMMV...

BTW, what GC was this at?

Out here in Vegas. I went with my friend to rent some movies over at his Hollywood Video and I stopped by the GC and that's what happen. My friends GC I believe is over at Eastern and Horizon.

Los Angeles Limousine

#10 scsg75

scsg75

Completely Exhausted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

not happening at the Gamecrazys here. I did get 20% off the guide when I purchased it with the game. No artbook though, had to preorder.

#11 hidamari

hidamari

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

What the hell, I had to pay for my strategy guide at GameCrazy...

#12 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

I'm guessing he got real lucky.. they probably had a ton of extra copies of the game/guide/artbook so the guy didn't care. Or he was new and didn't know what he was doing.:lol:

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#13 nakedsushi

nakedsushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:33 AM

not happening at the Gamecrazys here. I did get 20% off the guide when I purchased it with the game. No artbook though, had to preorder.

Same thing at the GameCrazy stores in Culver City, CA.

#14 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:29 AM

somebody fucked up!

This isn't a deal, this is a employee mistake. Probably somebody who doesn't know anything about games, since we got a memo specifically about how there were two books coming in, a guide, and an artbook, the artbook was free, the guide was not, and how to tell them apart. I guess this employee misread it and thought they were both free. Lucky for the OP, though. Not so lucky for the employee.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#15 tdphillips

tdphillips

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:11 AM

No game Crazy in my area :(

Same here. I hate missing out on GC/GR deals because I don't have any near me.
Safety Not Guaranteed.

#16 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:52 AM

I'm guessing he got real lucky.. they probably had a ton of extra copies of the game/guide/artbook so the guy didn't care. Or he was new and didn't know what he was doing.:lol:

Naw, this wasn't the first time I've gone to that G and I"ve seen that employees face a few times around. And I'm not sure it was also employee negligence since the manager was standing right next to him getting ready to close the store and count the money for the day.

somebody fucked up!

This isn't a deal, this is a employee mistake. Probably somebody who doesn't know anything about games, since we got a memo specifically about how there were two books coming in, a guide, and an artbook, the artbook was free, the guide was not, and how to tell them apart. I guess this employee misread it and thought they were both free. Lucky for the OP, though. Not so lucky for the employee.

Well, I guess I just got lucky. Oh well, even though this deal was YMMV, I thought i was posting a hell of a deal for the community. Guess this can now be moved over to deal discussion since I guess I lucked out and scored on this haul. Woo for me, heh :D

Los Angeles Limousine

#17 WolfPac_Ite

WolfPac_Ite

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

There are no GameCrazy's in my state. :(