Buy Makai Kingdom at GameCrazy and get the artbook and guide for free YMMV.

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Well I did this today at my local Gamecrazy. They told me that they were selling the game and that they had some artbooks left and that they were throwing in a free guide with it. The guide is done by Double Jump books, so it seems to be of the same quality that we have come to expect. It's the size of a book and is very long. I was planning on picking this one up at Fry's, but after seeing that I could get the artbook and guide I went for it. The Guidebook has an MSRP of $20, so probably most places will either sell it at that or $15 or not get it at all. I would have probably gotten the guidebook anyway, so this seemed to be the best deal. The artbook was a little roughed up since it was the last one, but it's in pretty good condition nonetheless. The guide is mint.

I'm not sure if this deal is YMMV or not, but just to be safe I decided to put in the topic title.

i dont think this is an official deal that GameCrazy is running. Chances are it is just that store that the OP went to because those strategy guides should have been entered into the computer. Anyways, nice pickup OP. I just picked up my copy, haven't played it yet though.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, that's probably a major YMMV...

BTW, what GC was this at?[/QUOTE]

Out here in Vegas. I went with my friend to rent some movies over at his Hollywood Video and I stopped by the GC and that's what happen. My friends GC I believe is over at Eastern and Horizon.

not happening at the Gamecrazys here. I did get 20% off the guide when I purchased it with the game. No artbook though, had to preorder.

I'm guessing he got real lucky.. they probably had a ton of extra copies of the game/guide/artbook so the guy didn't care. Or he was new and didn't know what he was doing.:lol:

[quote name='scsg75']not happening at the Gamecrazys here. I did get 20% off the guide when I purchased it with the game. No artbook though, had to preorder.[/QUOTE]

Same thing at the GameCrazy stores in Culver City, CA.

somebody fucked up!

This isn't a deal, this is a employee mistake. Probably somebody who doesn't know anything about games, since we got a memo specifically about how there were two books coming in, a guide, and an artbook, the artbook was free, the guide was not, and how to tell them apart. I guess this employee misread it and thought they were both free. Lucky for the OP, though. Not so lucky for the employee.

[quote name='Masterkyo']No game Crazy in my area :([/QUOTE]

Same here. I hate missing out on GC/GR deals because I don't have any near me.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm guessing he got real lucky.. they probably had a ton of extra copies of the game/guide/artbook so the guy didn't care. Or he was new and didn't know what he was doing.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Naw, this wasn't the first time I've gone to that G and I"ve seen that employees face a few times around. And I'm not sure it was also employee negligence since the manager was standing right next to him getting ready to close the store and count the money for the day.

[quote name='jer7583']somebody fucked up!

This isn't a deal, this is a employee mistake. Probably somebody who doesn't know anything about games, since we got a memo specifically about how there were two books coming in, a guide, and an artbook, the artbook was free, the guide was not, and how to tell them apart. I guess this employee misread it and thought they were both free. Lucky for the OP, though. Not so lucky for the employee.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I just got lucky. Oh well, even though this deal was YMMV, I thought i was posting a hell of a deal for the community. Guess this can now be moved over to deal discussion since I guess I lucked out and scored on this haul. Woo for me, heh :D

bread's done
Back