Get free games if you played in Advent Rising tournament

dhrez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[quote name='http://www.talkxbox.com/article1351.html']After careful assessment of the technical issues identified with the Advent Rising “Race to Save Humanity” contest, Majesco Entertainment and Xbox Live® have determined there to be no technically feasible solution that would allow the contest to continue in a fair and secure manner. As such, we apologize for any inconvenience, but we must unfortunately cancel the contest.

However, as consolation, Majesco Entertainment has set up a program in which contest participants can receive two FREE Majesco Entertainment games for the Xbox video game console. Those interested are invited to follow the steps below for redemption.

1. Send an original Advent Rising Xbox UPC or photocopy of the UPC along with your name, date of birth, shipping address (we cannot ship to P.O. boxes), and Xbox Live Gamertag along with your choice of two (2) of the following games. You must be 17 or older to receive a Mature-rated game:

a. BloodRayne™ 2 (Xbox, Rated M)
b. Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox, Rated T)
c. Psychonauts™ (Xbox, Rated T)
d. Raze’s Hell™ (Xbox, Rated M)
e. Phantom Dust™ (Xbox, Rated T)

2. Mail the UPC along with the required information in an envelope to:

Advent Rising Contest Customer Service
P.O. Box 6570
Edison, NJ 08818-6570

3. Submissions must be received by September 15, 2005.
4. Additional information: Please allow four to six weeks for delivery of games. Majesco reserves the right to substitute a game of equal value as quantities are limited. While supplies last. Limit one redemption per contest participant.

If there are further questions, please email Majesco Entertainment Customer Service at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Majesco Entertainment & Xbox Live[/quote]

Evidently you have to have participated in the tournament. They check by your GamerTag. I didn't even play the game, heard it was horrible, but I'm sure a few people here did.

how does one partcipate in the contest? because i rented the game and i downloaded some xbox live update for the tournament...but that's it. i only beat the first level before deciding the game sucked and returned it

oh, and you can bet that there's no technical difficutlies about the contest. advent rising did very poor that they probably didnt want to give away 1 million dollars, lol

One of the things that sucks about living in MD: I couldn't enter it, nor can I enter any other skill-based competition for prizes.

[quote name='Wario64']oh, and you can bet that there's no technical difficutlies about the contest. advent rising did very poor that they probably didnt want to give away 1 million dollars, lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was planning on trying it one day to find the $1 million mark. :whistle2:(

haha you're probably right. They could'nt afford to pay 1 million dollars because the game sucked ass. And didnt do well in the stores... or anywhere.

[quote name='Autumn Star']haha you're probably right. They could'nt afford to pay 1 million dollars because the game sucked ass. And didnt do well in the stores... or anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Advent Rising is just another victim to the all powerful hype-machine that "fanboys" are known for.

The game didn't suck.

But hey, at least I don't have to pay for Psychonauts now! Not that it was ever worth buying, anyway.

If you participated in the tournament but don't have the game anymore all you have to do is take a picture of the game somewhere. I'm sure Blockbuster has a few copies.

I played the game for like 15 minutes on single player, I might just try to to send in a photo-copy of the UPC and see what happens.

I am sitting here laughing my ass off at this because I knew they would NEVER, EVER, give out 1 million dollars for such a low quality and low selling game like this. They probably had this all planned out to begin with. Well I guess holding onto my rental and finding the first object (with help from Gamefaqs) was a good idea afterall, since I ended up getting the email as well. Psychonauts here I come! Any suggestions for the second game? I already have Phantom Dust.

[quote name='Togepy']I am sitting here laughing my ass off at this because I knew they would NEVER, EVER, give out 1 million dollars for such a low quality and low selling game like this. They probably had this all planned out to begin with. Well I guess holding onto my rental and finding the first object (with help from Gamefaqs) was a good idea afterall, since I ended up getting the email as well. Psychonauts here I come! Any suggestions for the second game? I already have Phantom Dust.[/QUOTE]

Guilty Gear X2 Reload is quite good if you like 2D fighting games.

[quote name='nnthomas']The game didn't suck.

But hey, at least I don't have to pay for Psychonauts now! Not that it was ever worth buying, anyway.[/QUOTE]

...and why would you say that?

Signed, Sealed and Delivered. I bought the game from Best Buy, drove two blocks to a copy store, made a copy of the back, drove to Best Buy, returned it, free bar code.

hmmm...I did hook up to xbox live while I rented it. I finished the game and I'm glad I rented it 'cause I'd be pissed if I bought it (maybe for $10).

Maybe someone can post a scan of the UPC (or a link to one)...wouldn't mind getting a fee game or two...

I copied the back of a box at Hollywood video.

For those of you wondering about the contest, every week you could download an "A"-shaped icon that would be hidden in the game. Finding the icon gave you a code you entered on the game's website. FIrst person to enter it got that week's cahs prize. Later entrants got Sobe-branded products. Only two downloads were created. Don't know if you can still get them.

If you can, they show up in Level 1B, and level 2A. (Hints: Blue Room, and Freeway.)

I was disappointed by the game. I beat it on normal in only 2 days. The hard level was impossible. Graphics looked outdated, story was cliche, and my copy mixed up the alternate endings! The flick targetting got in the way too often. There's some fun to be had running around hsooting aliens and using your powers, but not enough to buy for $50.

I already sent my letter asking for Psychonauts and Guilty Gear X2. Already got Phantom Dust. Wouldn't mind Raze's Hell, but not looking forward to Bloodrayne 2.

[quote name='mtdeeley']I copied the back of a box at Hollywood video.

For those of you wondering about the contest, every week you could download an "A"-shaped icon that would be hidden in the game. Finding the icon gave you a code you entered on the game's website. FIrst person to enter it got that week's cahs prize. Later entrants got Sobe-branded products. Only two downloads were created. Don't know if you can still get them.

If you can, they show up in Level 1B, and level 2A. (Hints: Blue Room, and Freeway.)

I was disappointed by the game. I beat it on normal in only 2 days. The hard level was impossible. Graphics looked outdated, story was cliche, and my copy mixed up the alternate endings! The flick targetting got in the way too often. There's some fun to be had running around hsooting aliens and using your powers, but not enough to buy for $50.

I already sent my letter asking for Psychonauts and Guilty Gear X2. Already got Phantom Dust. Wouldn't mind Raze's Hell, but not looking forward to Bloodrayne 2.[/QUOTE]

do you have to find the clue in order to get the free games, or is downloading the file good enough?

From a company e-mail: all you need is a Gamertag and the UPC code. It doesn't mmatter if you downloaded anything via Live. In fact you cannot anymore...

[quote name='rallen']From a company e-mail: all you need is a Gamertag and the UPC code. It doesn't mmatter if you downloaded anything via Live. In fact you cannot anymore...[/QUOTE]

man, people will abuse the hell out of this if that's true

From TalkXbox.com:

[quote name='TalkXbox.com']NOTE: You must have a valid Xbox Live gamertag that participated in the original "Race to Save Humanity" contest in order to receive your two games from Majesco. Sorry, but taking pictures of the game in Blockbuster just won't cut it.[/quote]

[quote name='rallen']From a company e-mail: all you need is a Gamertag and the UPC code. It doesn't mmatter if you downloaded anything via Live. In fact you cannot anymore...[/QUOTE]
That seems like pretty shoddy grammar and spelling for a company e-mail; I doubt that they'd send one out with "mmatter" and "Gamertag" used.

On top of that, if you didn't download anything, then they have no proof that you participated in the tournament. There's a reason why you can't get the downloads anymore, and it's because they're not going to let you rip them off.

How long before people begin bitching about not being able to get the games because they weren't part of the tournament? :whistle2:?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']That seems like pretty shoddy grammar and spelling for a company e-mail; I doubt that they'd send one out with "mmatter" and "Gamertag" used.

On top of that, if you didn't download anything, then they have no proof that you participated in the tournament. There's a reason why you can't get the downloads anymore, and it's because they're not going to let you rip them off.

How long before people begin bitching about not being able to get the games because they weren't part of the tournament? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Yes..but there were rampant complaints that those that wanted to participate (while the contest was running)...couldn't even download the updates/content. check the mejesco forums.

Surprised that the package arrived today (DHL shipping) . . . I mailed about 2-3 weeks ago . . .

Psychonauts and Raze's Hell

Raze was a stretch but I have Phantom Dust (GS $20 voucher deal) and Bloodrayne 2 ($10 at CC)

Nothing like free games

Thanks OP!!!

Got my Psychonauts and Phantom Dust todat from Airborne Express.

To all those intersted: I was never alble to download anything from Live, they pulled the downloadable content when I tried. The game does sign into Live when you boot it, however, so Majesco may check for that....

Got mine today. Raze's Hell (the only one on the list I don't already own) and Pyschonauts -- which will go to a friend of mine in an as-yet-undecided deal. At least Majesco did one thing right by this contest: good consolation prize with hyper-fast shipping.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Got mine...FINALLY...today.

Rented Advent Rising, tried to download the tournament - never could.

2 free games baby![/QUOTE]

Got my two free games today also, they must just have started sending out a second shipment to people.

i hope im getting free games...i cancelled my XBL at the beginning of September, hopefully that doesnt affect my eligibility

I received my copies of Psychonauts and Raze's Hell today. I'm absolutely in love with Psychonauts, what a really fun game.

i got my games today, Psychonauts and Guilty Gear. I guess it did come through

best deal of the year for me, considering i rented Advent Rising for free

[quote name='Wario64']i got my games today, Psychonauts and Guilty Gear. I guess it did come through

best deal of the year for me, considering i rented Advent Rising for free[/QUOTE]

I think this was pretty close to deal of the year.

I just got my Psychonauts and Bloodrayne 2 (already had the $20 ones I wanted). Never played Advent Rising. I think more publishers should screw up contests.

I got my Psychonauts and Phantom Dust today. I might be one of the few people that actually really liked Avent Rising. Not sure what it was about it, but after you got an hour or two into it, I found it to be really fun and really liked it.

[quote name='jousley']I got my Psychonauts and Phantom Dust today. I might be one of the few people that actually really liked Avent Rising. Not sure what it was about it, but after you got an hour or two into it, I found it to be really fun and really liked it.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I couldn't get past the first 30 minutes. The damn thing glitched on me 3 fucking times so I just said to hell with it.

bread's done
Back