Get free games if you played in Advent Rising tournament

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:42 PM

From a company e-mail: all you need is a Gamertag and the UPC code. It doesn't mmatter if you downloaded anything via Live. In fact you cannot anymore...

That seems like pretty shoddy grammar and spelling for a company e-mail; I doubt that they'd send one out with "mmatter" and "Gamertag" used.

On top of that, if you didn't download anything, then they have no proof that you participated in the tournament. There's a reason why you can't get the downloads anymore, and it's because they're not going to let you rip them off.

How long before people begin bitching about not being able to get the games because they weren't part of the tournament? :-?

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#32 mcwilliams132

mcwilliams132

Call me Betty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:47 PM

That seems like pretty shoddy grammar and spelling for a company e-mail; I doubt that they'd send one out with "mmatter" and "Gamertag" used.

On top of that, if you didn't download anything, then they have no proof that you participated in the tournament. There's a reason why you can't get the downloads anymore, and it's because they're not going to let you rip them off.

How long before people begin bitching about not being able to get the games because they weren't part of the tournament? :-?

Yes..but there were rampant complaints that those that wanted to participate (while the contest was running)...couldn't even download the updates/content. check the mejesco forums.
/* -------------------------------------------------------
Xbox Live: Captain Betty
Twitter: @CaptainBetty
-------------------------------------------------------- */

#33 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:38 PM

Surprised that the package arrived today (DHL shipping) . . . I mailed about 2-3 weeks ago . . .

Psychonauts and Raze's Hell

Raze was a stretch but I have Phantom Dust (GS $20 voucher deal) and Bloodrayne 2 ($10 at CC)

Nothing like free games

Thanks OP!!!

#34 mcwilliams132

mcwilliams132

Call me Betty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

cool schultzed!

Maybe mine will come soon too - maybe...

#35 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:29 AM

Got my Psychonauts and Phantom Dust todat from Airborne Express.

To all those intersted: I was never alble to download anything from Live, they pulled the downloadable content when I tried. The game does sign into Live when you boot it, however, so Majesco may check for that....
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#36 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:53 PM

Got mine today. Raze's Hell (the only one on the list I don't already own) and Pyschonauts -- which will go to a friend of mine in an as-yet-undecided deal. At least Majesco did one thing right by this contest: good consolation prize with hyper-fast shipping.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#37 mcwilliams132

mcwilliams132

Call me Betty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

Got mine...FINALLY...today.

Rented Advent Rising, tried to download the tournament - never could.

2 free games baby!

#38 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:09 PM

Got mine...FINALLY...today.

Rented Advent Rising, tried to download the tournament - never could.

2 free games baby!

Got my two free games today also, they must just have started sending out a second shipment to people.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#39 mozby

mozby

Cheap Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:15 AM

Just received my free copies of Psychonauts and Guilty Gear X2 today! I love Majesco!
Posted Image

#40 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:42 AM

i hope im getting free games...i cancelled my XBL at the beginning of September, hopefully that doesnt affect my eligibility

#41 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:44 AM

I received my copies of Psychonauts and Raze's Hell today. I'm absolutely in love with Psychonauts, what a really fun game.

#42 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:42 AM

i got my games today, Psychonauts and Guilty Gear. I guess it did come through

best deal of the year for me, considering i rented Advent Rising for free

#43 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, I got Phantom Dust and Guilty Gear X2 a few days ago; already played Psychonauts, which _is_ a great game.

#44 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:51 AM

i got my games today, Psychonauts and Guilty Gear. I guess it did come through

best deal of the year for me, considering i rented Advent Rising for free

I think this was pretty close to deal of the year.

#45 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

I just got my Psychonauts and Bloodrayne 2 (already had the $20 ones I wanted). Never played Advent Rising. I think more publishers should screw up contests.

#46 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

I got my Psychonauts and Phantom Dust today. I might be one of the few people that actually really liked Avent Rising. Not sure what it was about it, but after you got an hour or two into it, I found it to be really fun and really liked it.

#47 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

I got my Psychonauts and Phantom Dust today. I might be one of the few people that actually really liked Avent Rising. Not sure what it was about it, but after you got an hour or two into it, I found it to be really fun and really liked it.

Personally, I couldn't get past the first 30 minutes. The damn thing glitched on me 3 fucking times so I just said to hell with it.