Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Old Man Gloom - NO

#4052 SlappyBag

SlappyBag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

I never personally bought one.

Last one I received as a gift was a Toby Keith one I think.

Now I hate modern country, interests change

#4053 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Some more good vinyl pick ups:

Boris - Absolutego+ 2xLP
Church Of Misery - Master Of Brutality (sealed) 2xLP
Church Of Misery - The Second Coming (sealed) 2xLP
Sunn O))) - Domkirke (sealed) 2xLP
Oakhelm - Betwixt & Between

Also got Metal Church's self titled on CD. Scored those sealed vinyls for less than the cost of a used copy so I need to weigh whether I want to be a pretentious asshole collector and leave them sealed or actually open them and play the awesomness.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#4054 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Where do you score like that for so cheap? A store, craigslist, naive people on ebay? Also, open them. records aren't meant to be sealed.

Grabbed an early #'d pressing of Iron Reagan's "Worse Than Dead" LP when they were in town last week.
Posted Image

#4055 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Bought a bunch at once from goHastings during the B4UG40% sale:

Broken Boy Soldiers~The Racontuers (awesome album, love Jack White!)
We Started Nothing~The Ting Tings (not my usual choices, but they are really good. Remind me of passion pit with more guitar at time:)
Juno Soundtrack (not as good as I'd hope, but really mellow and good to relax to)
Guero~Beck (such a wide range, I think this is his best work personally. Love most of the songs, and they're just so weird at time!)

That's it for now, with spotify buying CDs is a rare occurrence, but satisfied with what I got^.^

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#4056 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Bad Religion-True North.

Best album from them in quite a while. Sounds a lot more like their mid-nineties stuff. Catching them live for the first time in a couple weeks as well.

#4057 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

Where do you score like that for so cheap? A store, craigslist, naive people on ebay? Also, open them. records aren't meant to be sealed.

Grabbed an early #'d pressing of Iron Reagan's "Worse Than Dead" LP when they were in town last week.

There's a localish record shop that generally is MSRP. However, they've recently had a lot of Rise Above Records/Southern Lord rarities in. It looks like some collector offloaded his entire collection or something because these things are pristine and sealed. The store also has the awesome policy of "we bought it from a person, therefore it's used" even on sealed items, hence cheap as fcuk prices. Talking $15 a piece for the Church Of Misery and only $30 for the Sunn O))) (and these are now going for upwards of $40-50 each, easy). Going to head back again this weekend to see if I can score anything else.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#4058 Clan Mc

Clan Mc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

New: Tool - 10,000 Days
Used: King Crimson - In The Hall Of The Crimson King

#4059 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Picked these up in the last two weeks, except for Belphegor, a little later than that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

>_>

<_<
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#4060 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

There's a localish record shop that generally is MSRP. However, they've recently had a lot of Rise Above Records/Southern Lord rarities in. It looks like some collector offloaded his entire collection or something because these things are pristine and sealed. The store also has the awesome policy of "we bought it from a person, therefore it's used" even on sealed items, hence cheap as fcuk prices. Talking $15 a piece for the Church Of Misery and only $30 for the Sunn O))) (and these are now going for upwards of $40-50 each, easy). Going to head back again this weekend to see if I can score anything else.

nice. I may end up in the PNW in a few months if the stars align properly, so don't take everything they have. ;)
Posted Image

#4061 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm sorry as this is not a pick up post. I don't have the disposable income at the moment to really buy cds (things will turn around). I just wanted to say that the new The Strokes album is terrible. As a die hard fan I don't know how they were able to listen to it and think "yep, this compares to our other stuff". It's streaming on pitchfork right now.
http://pitchfork.com...medown-machine/

Man I'm bummed out.

#4062 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

That's awesome! 8-)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4063 ready4war

ready4war

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

I bought Linkin Park's Meteora cd for $9 Walmart ahem I mean Commie-Mart. Now I need to get all of Linkin's cd's and Trapt's CDs.

ach.png

#4064 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Wow your lucky. Around here, the rarest stuff carried by record shops is Century Media records (and even then it's still a bitch to find stuff from Century Media and it's other labels like Inside Out). It's fucking horrible.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4065 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Last download was Fear Factory's most recent album; The Industrialist.

660090.png 660091.png

#4066 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

I bought Linkin Park's Meteora cd for $9 Walmart ahem I mean Commie-Mart. Now I need to get all of Linkin's cd's and Trapt's CDs.

Just about everything by Trapt is off the chain. Linkin Park was good up until Minutes to Midnight. That was the last CD they put out before they started sucking.

660090.png 660091.png

#4067 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Just about everything by Trapt is off the chain. Linkin Park was good up until Minutes to Midnight. That was the last CD they put out before they started sucking.

While I agree Minutes to Midnight was bad, they never "started sucking." Both A Thousand Suns and Living Things were good albums. Their music did change but it's still very good music.

Living Things is, coincidently, the last CD I bought.

#4068 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Picked up some good vinyl

Pearl Jam - Crown of Thorns/Can't Help Falling in Love (7" Ten Club single) $1
The Dirtbombs - The Merit/Mystified 7" (3 sealed copies for $1 each. One red vinyl, one blue, and one green)
Okkervil River - I Am Very Far (sealed 2xLP) $10
Neon Indian - Fallout/Polish Girl 7" $1

#4069 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

While I agree Minutes to Midnight was bad, they never "started sucking." Both A Thousand Suns and Living Things were good albums. Their music did change but it's still very good music.

Living Things is, coincidently, the last CD I bought.

Well, that may be, but it just doesn't feel like Linkin Park anymore. They oughta change their name because I sure don't think of Linkin Park when I hear A Thousand Suns.

Back on topic, I bought Dark Side of the Moon on .mp3. It was only $2.99.

660090.png 660091.png

#4070 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Last CD I got is one coming tomorrow.
Spock's Beard- Brief Nocturnes & Dreamless Sleep

Today I went to this record store in Jim Thorpe PA. My god was it horrible. I mean service was fine, but every CD there is priced at $15+ unless it's in the shitty used section or their "low price" section which was classic rock albums you owned or didn't care about. Usually when I go to record stores I like to at least buy something to show my support, but even I couldn't support that store. Just too expensive.
Posted Image

#4071 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

The Black Keys-El Camino. Just fantastic album.

Muse-The 2nd Law. Not sure what I think of this one yet. So different than the other two of their albums I own (Origin of Symmetry and Absolution).

#4072 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies (Pre-ordered on iTunes)

Heard a preview of the entire album, not all hits but some pretty good stuff.
Posted Image

#4073 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

The Black Keys-El Camino. Just fantastic album.

Muse-The 2nd Law. Not sure what I think of this one yet. So different than the other two of their albums I own (Origin of Symmetry and Absolution).

you and I have similar tastes;) Really like El Camino, and the little of T2L I've heard has also been good:applause:

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#4074 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Got The Black Keys - Brothers CD, didn't realize the cd is heat sensitive. SO HIPSTER COOL :D
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#4075 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

just grabbed

Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True (took a few listens but im starting to enjoy it)
Kate Nash - Girl Talk (i like kate and this her being punk which i also like, i get vibes from the Pixies on a few tracks)
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#4076 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Spiritual Beggars- Earth Blues
Widespread Panic- Ain't Life Grand
Bile- Sex Reflex

The Widespread Panic and Bile were $1 each at a flea market.
Posted Image

#4077 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

From Record Store Day:

Bolt Thrower - In Battle There Is No Law LP
Ilsa/Seven Sisters Of Sleep - The IVth Crusade/Messiah Split 7"
Corn On Macabre - Discography LP

And then some used pickups:

Deceased - Surreal Overdose LP
Wormwood - Requiescat LP
xFilesx - Excruciation

#4078 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Tool - Opiate 21st Anniversary Edition

#4079 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Bjork- Post

#4080 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Ben L'Oncle Soul
One of the best purchases I've made this year.