PS2 Greatest Hits List ($20 games)

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#31 racerman8

racerman8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:56 PM

CheapyD need to update the list. There is about 64 games now.

#32 dakkon10

dakkon10

Posted 15 January 2004 - 06:55 AM

Although Lord of the Rings is a greatest hit it is infact 29.99
Many people also see the GTA Bundle pack with the Greatest Hits logo on it and assume it's 19.99(Ha), but alas that ranks in at 29.99

#33 AwesomeD

AwesomeD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:05 AM

Onimusha 2 and Devil May Cry 2 have been added to the greatest hits, should be out this month with the new package.
Posted Image

#34 cruelboydeath

cruelboydeath

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:12 AM

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance also a greatest hit COMPLETELY WORTH GETTING EVEN AT $50.....Tekken my ass, only topped by Soul Calibur II, VF4:Evo is great but it just doesn't have the uniqueness and amazing attitude of MK:DA.

side-note: SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth also a GH

#35 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:56 AM

what what?! over 64+ games on the GH?! Surely you jest?! I have a few of em, but not nearly enough! Must start GH shopping spree!!!!!

samuraifez.png

#36 moe11888

moe11888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:02 AM

007 Nightfire is a greatest hits too.

#37 dcfox

dcfox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:17 AM

I've seen on occasions BB package two greatest hits for only $20. Not sure if they plan on doing that again anytime soon, though.

#38 miriamleo

miriamleo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:23 AM

Today I saw Nightfire and The Sims as Greatest Hits in Target.

#39 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

I saw The Sims as well as a Greatest Hit at Virgin Megastore, kinda odd that I saw only one copy.

#40 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:07 AM

Just got the March 2004 issue of PSM. Looks like you can add Xenosaga to this list. Full page ad on page 29. It's now a GH title. Good thing I picked up the original box version for $9.99 at KB. :D

#41 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:40 AM

quick question...

are there actually any differences (packaging aside) between PS 2 GH and non-GH games?

#42 Osh Kosh B'iotch

Osh Kosh B'iotch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:16 PM

quick question...

are there actually any differences (packaging aside) between PS 2 GH and non-GH games?

Nope.

#43 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:20 PM

I believe Silent Hill 2 had some additional content in the GH version, but I could be wrong.

#44 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:24 PM

I believe Silent Hill 2 had some additional content in the GH version, but I could be wrong.

I thought someone mentioned that too, which is why I asked. I posed the question to a worker at EB, and they didn't know, though someone who heard me ask it said the XBox version features more content, and PS 2 GH games aren't different than the originals.

is there anyone who has both versions of a game, preferrably Silent Hill 2 GH and non-GH, who can say for sure?

#45 optimusprime

optimusprime

one lazy cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:29 PM

Yes...the Slient Hill 2 Greatest Hit for PS2 has the new scenario with the woman that was originally only included in the Xbox version.
"What makes dangerous morons dangerous, however, is not stupidity -- but, rather, an uncanny inability to recognize one's own shortcomings. Unlike the moron, the dangerous moron believes he is wickedly intelligent, with volumes of fascinating musings just waiting to be dispensed."

#46 Osh Kosh B'iotch

Osh Kosh B'iotch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:36 PM

Let me change my answer then:

Generally, nope.

#47 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:45 PM

Yes...the Slient Hill 2 Greatest Hit for PS2 has the new scenario with the woman that was originally only included in the Xbox version.

thanks for the info optimusprime. glad I didn't buy this yet, I'll have to pick up the GH version.

now the most difficult question... does anyone know of any other GH games which differ from the originals, if there are any?

#48 Ecks

Ecks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:59 AM

Crash Bandicoot GH version they improved the load times (which were quite long originally).

Also, Spyro Enter the Dragonfly is now GH.

CheapyD, any chance you updating the list on the first page of this sticky? :)

#49 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:02 AM

Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance?

I have the original version, but since I just bought it, I wonder if I should get the GH one instead. then again, it does look a bit better in the original case... :)

#50 Ecks

Ecks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:05 AM

waxHead, AFAIK, the only two games that have been changed as Greatest Hits are Silent Hill 2 and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, and Silent Hill 2 is the only one with something new to offer.

If you wanna be REALLY picky, Final Fantasy X is "Square Enix" now instead of just Square, I dunno if they actually bothered changing any screens in the game to reflect it.

#51 suprsaiyanMAX

suprsaiyanMAX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:14 AM

Ecks is indeed right at Silent Hill 2 is the only GH game in which the content of the actual game was changed....Changes on all other games have been purely superficial
"Try having omletes now Denver. Did you hear what I said Denver? Or shall I turn it up for you?

#52 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:20 AM

Ecks is indeed right at Silent Hill 2 is the only GH game in which the content of the actual game was changed....Changes on all other games have been purely superficial

thanks Ecks and suprsaiyanMAX, I appreciate the info. I'll look for the GH Silent Hill 2, and not sweat the GH versions of other games, unless I decide to pick up Crash Bandicoot ;)

#53 moe11888

moe11888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:07 AM

What about Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution.

#54 Ecks

Ecks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:48 AM

Add The Getaway to the GH list.

#55 Ecks

Ecks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:06 AM

Here is a summary of Greatest Hits additions throughout the thread so far that haven't been added to the main list:

007 Nightfire
Devil May Cry 2
Dragonball Z: Budokai
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Namco Museum
Onimusha 2
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
The Getaway
The Sims
WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth
Xenosaga

It really is a small percentage of total PS2 titles, last I heard there are about 900 North American PlayStation 2 games released so far. Yes, NINE HUNDRED!!!

#56 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:09 AM

hey guys target has ffx marked as a greatest hit for 19.99. If you didn't know. what for it...hold.. yA MEAN!

#57 CaptainObviousXl

CaptainObviousXl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:49 AM

hey guys target has ffx marked as a greatest hit for 19.99. If you didn't know. what for it...hold.. yA MEAN!

what the Fuck

#58 Ecks

Ecks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:52 AM

what the Fuck

I dunno - FFX is right on the list on the first page.

Need to get CheapyD to update. :)

#59 CaptainObviousXl

CaptainObviousXl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:00 AM

no im just saying of course itts $20 that comment he made was retarded

#60 Togepy

Togepy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:03 PM

I updated the list with the games Ecks posted and also MoH Frontline, THPS4, GTA:VC and TMBO.
Cause if you're not cheap, you're not trying!