Photo
- - - - -

Which Resident Evil game is the hardest out of the series?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

RE0
REmake
RE2
RE3
RE: CV
RE4

#2 sisco1986

sisco1986

The Sleeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

There pretty much all the same difficulty, but I'd playing as chris in Resident Evil 1 (original) was a big pain in the ass.
If life give you lemons; cut the tree.

#3 Tromack

Tromack

Vitriolic since 1997

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

REmake.
You can't kill the zombies unless you carry around oil and a lighter to burn their bodies. If you take one down, but don't burn it, it comes back as a super zombie. That makes it the hardest by a long shot.

#4 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:49 PM

definitely not RE4...that game was pretty easy.

REmake.
You can't kill the zombies unless you carry around oil and a lighter to burn their bodies. If you take one down, but don't burn it, it comes back as a super zombie. That makes it the hardest by a long shot.

ahhh, that explains it. just started playing this yesterday and was wondering why the zombies were so ridiculous.

#5 sisco1986

sisco1986

The Sleeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:02 PM

definitely not RE4...that game was pretty easy.

ahhh, that explains it. just started playing this yesterday and was wondering why the zombies were so ridiculous.

On Professional mode it's much more difficult, and I also think that's the way it should have been by default.

#6 The VGM

The VGM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:03 PM

Posted Image

FS/FT/Want list. Very low prices! Complete Platinum GBA SP only $50! New DVD's only $8! Now taking offers on my collection! HUGE NOV. 9TH UPDATE!
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=70223

#7 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:14 PM

By far REmake IMO, mainly for the reason tromack mentioned but also because the mansion was bigger (new outside areas), enemies were smarter and more numerous, and some of the puzzles seemed more difficult (to me at least). Though at times it had some things to make it a little easier, like the defenseive weapons and moves.

#8 Epic Wolf

Epic Wolf

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:17 PM

Defenitely Remake...
My Collection...
Posted Image
Every man dies but not every man lives, but who am I to decide how
every man lives or should live, but yet each mans pleasure is another's dissatisfaction...

#9 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

RE1 because of the crappy controls

#10 Mex25

Mex25

Midget Tosser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

remake, the first time i killed a zombie and went back to the same area it came sprinting at me and i thought what the hell didn't i just kill you?

#11 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:24 PM

REmake.

oooo Crimsons... hehehe. I have yet to find a movie that scares me. But RE on the GCN was great. It is the only one that I have fully played, so it has to be the toughest for me too.:lol:

(I need to sit down and play my copies of RE0 and RE4 - but not my sealed SE version.8-) )

#12 sisco1986

sisco1986

The Sleeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

The crimsons were a pain in the ass, since they didn't stay in one area they kept following you. but to me Remake was a lot easier for me than the original, which I expected it to be since I played the original to death back when it first released.

#13 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:33 AM

The only one I've actually finished was 4, so I'd say the rest of them had an equally hard time of holding my interest.

#14 Doom Gaze

Doom Gaze

Monkey Island is the best

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:07 AM

Code Veronica is pretty difficult. I would say about as hard as the RE remake.

2 and 3 were really easy, and straightforward. 0 was a little harder, but not too hard.

4 is the easiest in the series, and shortest.
Sega Saturn, SHIRO.

#15 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:17 PM

4 is the easiest in the series, and shortest.

Easiest, yes. Shortest? No way.

#16 Broccoli Storm

Broccoli Storm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:24 PM

I'd also have to say that Code Veronica definitely had its spots...

#17 PittsburghAfterDark

PittsburghAfterDark

Registered Sex Offender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:02 PM

Code Veronica is an absolute pain in the butt.

It's the only RE game I quit out of frustration. I was on the second disc and one of the puzzles had me nailed. This was the DC version I just recall a thing with spikes coming down and flattening me. I don't know if I got past that, if I did it was just a bit further in. I got the GCN RE:CV for $5 on CC clearence. I haven't touched it.

The thing that bugs me so much about RE4 is the "treasure" fetch questing in it. I hate fetch quests.
What do you call a religion where people believe if they murder non-believers they get to rape 72 virgins?

#18 MaxBiaggi2

MaxBiaggi2

Assistant Produce Manager

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:10 PM

I got the GCN RE:CV for $5 on CC clearence.

Personally, I prefer the single disc PS2 version for $5 (less if you had the coupon) at TRU this past holiday. :D

#19 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:18 PM

My list from the hardest to the easiest:

REmake
RE Code Veronica
RE0
RE2
RE3
RE4

#20 rabidmonkeys

rabidmonkeys

Been there. Played that.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:24 PM

Reordered from hardest to least.

REmake
RE: CV
RE4 *if you want to count the assignment ada and the other stuff
RE0
RE2
RE3
Xbox Live GamerTag: HCG Paco

#21 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:33 PM

Hardest to Easiest:

-REmake
-Resident Evil: Code Veronica
-Resident Evil 1
-Resident Evil 2
-Resident Evil 4
-Resident Evil 3

Originally when I first played RE 3, I thought the game would be super difficult because of Nemesis, with him being able to open doors, chase you, and shoot a rocket launcher at you. In the end it was a neat idea, but didn't end up being too hard.

#22 daedricnekomata

daedricnekomata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:45 PM

Originally when I first played RE 3, I thought the game would be super difficult because of Nemesis, with him being able to open doors, chase you, and shoot a rocket launcher at you. In the end it was a neat idea, but didn't end up being too hard.

Thought so too.

Originally by Kayden
This kid is going to be glad it happened. When he gets older and someone fucks with him hell be all "What bitch? I was shot in the FACE! I didn't cry, I kept playing PacMan and got a highscore on that MOFO!"

Originally by brak
I challenge Renegade_Zero to a "who can grab a woman's breast first in real-life" match.

I won.

#23 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:31 AM

Since we're talking about all the Resident Evils, I guess now is a good time to ask what the order/story of all of them is (capsule form). I played RE and RE2 for PSX back in the day, how do the Gamecube games fit into the timeline? I have RE and RE0 for GC I think, but never played it. It was part of a 2-PC game bundle called pure evil or something. Thanks!

#24 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:56 PM

Resident Evil 2 was by far the easiest...RE 1 was the hardest... Re4 i'd say is second easiest.. 3 and Veronica never held my interests..
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#25 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:34 AM

remake was hard you had to burn those damn zombies not to mention with chris lack of supply carriage, and no lockpick....

#26 hx214

hx214

You Damn Skippy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:14 AM

I just started to play RE 4. And it to me doesn't feel like the other games. I am shooting stuff NON-STOP. At first I was REALLY worried about saving ammo like the old games, I would have to unload 6 bullets into a guy. I remember playing the first one and having to start over like 3 times because I didnt have any ammo left. Guess they thought they would go in a different direction this time. Just doesn't feel the same.

I still think the first one was hard as all get out, but thats why I loved it. Walking around thinking I only have about 3 shots to use on this next thing that jumps out or im screwed! That just made the game creepier.

The only one I never played was CV on Dreamcast. So I would rank them

Remake
4 (so far)

Like most of you guys. Although I can say I really have enjoyed all the titles regardless.
They start the Christmas season earlier every year...

Trade List

#27 ChubbyChase

ChubbyChase

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

I thought RE 2 was the hardest. No one I know actually went though the whole game. The monsters for RE2 were the scariest out of the series to me.

#28 Stick821

Stick821

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:48 PM

I know the only ones that I have beat have been 2 and 4. I have all of them, but 3. I rented CV when it came out for DC and got pretty far, but I bought it and never got back into it. I rented 1 so many times back in the day, but I can't remember how far I ever got. I have 0, but haven't played it, I bought it as part of the Pure Evil pack to play REmake. 4 seems to definitely be the easiest though, but I also think it is the best. Not of the series, but the best game in general.

#29 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

I've played RE2, REmake and RE Zero. I'll put my vote on REmake. I hated when a dead zombie body you didn't burn disappeared and made you wonder where it went. Freaked the hell out of me. But I loved it. :)
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#30 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:24 PM

I finished 4 a while back and I'm playing 0 now these are the only two games in the series I've played. Zero is definitely harder than 4 and i'm still on the first cd. The part where you get cranked up on the lift and then the 2 huge termite things attacked you messed me up because I was out of ammo and in caution on my health bar, I had to go back to an earlier save and conserve a little more.

Even though it's easier RE4 was alot more fun! I'm going to play through the entire series in order. I used to just play only sports games back in the day and pretty much ignored the series when all the early games were first release. Stupid of me............