1080 Avalanche - $9.99 at Best Buy

I give this a hearty thumbs up for the price. For those who don't know, this is more of a racing than a stunts snowboarding game (though there are a halfpipe and ski-jump levels).

Nice find. And definitely, especially at today's gas prices, I'd rather spend $1.99 for UPS or whatever to do the work and spend the gas in getting it to me rather than me spending most of a $3.00 gallon doing the 20 mile round trip.

Ugh, why couldn't this have been posted 2 hours ago :p

Nevermind though, closest Best Buy that has it is Tampa... here's to hoping that Circuit City has some copies.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']circuitcity.com has it listed at 49.99...this might be the biggest pricematch ever...if it works.[/QUOTE]

What is the price match policy at CC again?

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']circuitcity.com has it listed at 49.99...this might be the biggest pricematch ever...if it works.[/QUOTE]
WOAAAAH....I think I just may try that :D

Well, could someone else try and report on it? The only CC near me is about a half hour away, so I don't want to go there and fail...that'd be a lot of wasted gas and time.

[quote name='ananag112']What is the price match policy at CC again?[/QUOTE]

Well if its a competitors online site, they are supposed to call the store to check inventory and in-store price. But I've PMed there and if they dont know what they're doing, they might just go ahead with it anyways. Worth a try...that would be a HUGE deal...we're talking 6 bucks for a new copy.

1080.jpg

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Well if its a competitors online site, they are supposed to call the store to check inventory and in-store price. But I've PMed there and if they dont know what they're doing, they might just go ahead with it anyways. Worth a try...that would be a HUGE deal...we're talking 6 bucks for a new copy.[/QUOTE]

They've never even mentioned calling the store when I've done it... you're price matching the website, not the store.

They would do it no problem, because 99% of cashiers at Circuit City just don't care. Sure, they might go online themselves just to verify, but once it shows up as 9.99 they really have nothing they can do about it but to honor it.

The biggest PM ever was Ace Combat 5 from 49.99 down to 4.99, with the 10% a new copy of AC 5 ended up being 49 cents.

Well, Roufuss, they actually didn't do it. I asked my brother to do it since he lives near a CC, and he said they were about to do it, but since BB was closed (for labor day) and they even called the manager out, the manager said that for a 40 dollar difference and an online match (online scans are harder to match than weekly ads) they needed to be able to call BB and see if it was in stock.

But if you find a local BB that has this price, you can get 4 dollars off of the 9.99 which is just a tremendous deal. I can't get in on this one, but I hope everyone else can. Peace.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Well, Roufuss, they actually didn't do it. I asked my brother to do it since he lives near a CC, and he said they were about to do it, but since BB was closed (for labor day) and they even called the manager out, the manager said that for a 40 dollar difference and an online match (online scans are harder to match than weekly ads) they needed to be able to call BB and see if it was in stock.

But if you find a local BB that has this price, you can get 4 dollars off of the 9.99 which is just a tremendous deal. I can't get in on this one, but I hope everyone else can. Peace.[/QUOTE]

Weird, the cashiers at CC could hardly care less.

Hell, I've pricematched a $30 Polarium for DS down to 12.99 using an EB printout TWICE on two seperate occasions and never had a problem, and I just did the Taiko one today.

Best Buy was open, as well, they were open until 8 pm.

BB near me has a copy. and it's the nearest BB to my CC. so hopefully the CC has one too. i couldn't find a store availabilty link on the CC website.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Hmm...well, my bro tried. I don't know. Hope you can get it though.[/QUOTE]

Did it no problem... my ex went, and she said they didn't even double check BB's website or anything.

1080 Avalance was 49.99 there, so PM'ing it to 9.99 plus the 10% difference brought my total to 5.99 before tax. What an amazing deal :)

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Roufuss, how much would you want for it shipped? If you could get another?[/QUOTE]

Last one they had, sad to say.

And believe me, I'm horrible when it comes to shipping stuff out, I wouldn't have nabbed the 1080 if a friend didn't owe me a favor and got it for me.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Sigh, well, no worries. Thanks, tho.[/QUOTE]
Where do you live? I might be able to do this for you. MAYBE, I'd have to call CC and see if they have it in stock :).

wow, i didnt even think about price matching at circuit city. the store locator on best buy's site says there's copies available at my local best buy, so i might have a good chance of price matching if i do it

I live in california, but before you go get one you might want to let me know how much it will cost you to ship it and how much you'd like to get for it total...I mean, the only way it makes sense for me to trouble someone to do it is if its a couple bucks cheaper than getting it off of bestbuy.com

EDIT: You know what dude, I've read a ton of reviews tonight, and I've decided that even for 9-10 bucks, its just not worth dragging someone to a CC to get it for me. To whoever was kind enough to suggest the possibility that they could get it for me, I think you should still get it, but then just use it as trade bait or sell it. It IS a good deal. But I've lost interest...anyways, thanks dude.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I live in california, but before you go get one you might want to let me know how much it will cost you to ship it and how much you'd like to get for it total...I mean, the only way it makes sense for me to trouble someone to do it is if its a couple bucks cheaper than getting it off of bestbuy.com

EDIT: You know what dude, I've read a ton of reviews tonight, and I've decided that even for 9-10 bucks, its just not worth dragging someone to a CC to get it for me. To whoever was kind enough to suggest the possibility that they could get it for me, I think you should still get it, but then just use it as trade bait or sell it. It IS a good deal. But I've lost interest...anyways, thanks dude.[/QUOTE]
NP man :). One of my local friends wants me to pick it up for $6 for him anyways, so I suppose I'll get to play it when I take it over to him. Other than that, I've never really been interested in any snowboarding games except for SSX Tricky (SSX 3 kind of lost my intrest after some play because it had lost some of the attitude and flavor of Tricky), so I doubt I'll pick it up.

Great price for this game. If I see it around, I'll be sure to pick one up as I missed it when EB had it for $9.99 at one of their sales (I think it was the spring sale.).

THanks OP.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I live in california, but before you go get one you might want to let me know how much it will cost you to ship it and how much you'd like to get for it total...I mean, the only way it makes sense for me to trouble someone to do it is if its a couple bucks cheaper than getting it off of bestbuy.com

EDIT: You know what dude, I've read a ton of reviews tonight, and I've decided that even for 9-10 bucks, its just not worth dragging someone to a CC to get it for me. To whoever was kind enough to suggest the possibility that they could get it for me, I think you should still get it, but then just use it as trade bait or sell it. It IS a good deal. But I've lost interest...anyways, thanks dude.[/QUOTE]

its a fun game. they have one of the most intense moments of any game I played in it. I suggest gettin for that price

I'll be trying to pricematch this tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on the deal, and thanks to whomever pointed out the awesome pricematch opportunity and method.

-M

Say, does anyone else know of any cheap games at best buy that are still priced real high at circuit city? Even if the game sucks it'd be worth pricematching down to 6 bucks or whatnot for an awesome trade-in deal?

-M

[quote name='Roufuss']Weird, the cashiers at CC could hardly care less.

Hell, I've pricematched a $30 Polarium for DS down to 12.99 using an EB printout TWICE on two seperate occasions and never had a problem, and I just did the Taiko one today.

Best Buy was open, as well, they were open until 8 pm.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, does anybody happen to have a pdf of the Taiko screen before it was "Sold Out?" I was going to go to CC and get Polarium, DK2, and Taiko all for about $40. But the Taiko on BB.com is now "Sold Out."

I brought this up to the woman at CC and she claimed she checked BB and it was still $49.99. Uh, hey dumb bitch, I was just there and it was $9.99. I mentioned it being $9.99 online and she's like "No, we don't price match online sites. Just advertised sales." How the hell can I prove it to them?

[quote name='Fount']I brought this up to the woman at CC and she claimed she checked BB and it was still $49.99. Uh, hey dumb bitch, I was just there and it was $9.99. I mentioned it being $9.99 online and she's like "No, we don't price match online sites. Just advertised sales." How the hell can I prove it to them?[/QUOTE]

Try a different CSA. I work for CC and we PM BB's site all the time. In fact, I got the game PM'd for myself last week, $6.29. She's either lying or doesn't know what she's talking about.

Price matched at GameStop since I couldn't be bothered to drive all the way to CC (and then hope they had some and would match). Matched at $10 + tax so no discount, but at least I got a copy.

[quote name='ashleydb']Price matched at GameStop since I couldn't be bothered to drive all the way to CC (and then hope they had some and would match). Matched at $10 + tax so no discount, but at least I got a copy.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Gamestop matched.... Is that normal?

I was in the mall about to leave to go to CC, but the GameStop was right there, so I walked in and asked if they matched. The guy said, well it depends what it is, from who and how much. So I told him 1080 for GC at BB for $10, so he looked at how many he had behind the counter and said he'd do it.
Incidentaly, I checked the price on the shelf before I asked and it was only $15 there anyway.

bread's done
Back