• Please log in to reply
1778 replies to this topic

#901 khaos2639

khaos2639

I am Tyler Durden

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:55 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=175653

There's a link about TRU clearances that are YMMV, I checked at the Green Bay one, and they're there. Mostly picked over by now, but still many titles left. I picked up pimp my ride for $9

#902 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:21 AM

They're in the isle with all the extra games (not the usual locked game area) way down on the bottom. They'd be easy to miss.

For the life of me, I couldn't find those games. Maybe they're gone...

Oh, well. Being in that Walmart just made me feel dirty all over.

#903 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

For the life of me, I couldn't find those games. Maybe they're gone...

Oh, well. Being in that Walmart just made me feel dirty all over.

Which games were you looking for?

Lego Star Wars = Target
Other stuff I posted about= Walmart.

LOL and you're right on the walmart scuzzy feeling!

Posted Image Posted Image

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#904 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:44 AM

Ah... that'll be the reason I couldn't find it.

Whew... no reason to go back to Walmart for a while...

#905 khaos2639

khaos2639

I am Tyler Durden

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:39 AM

Anyone know a good place to get a good deal on the guitar hero 3 bundle for 360? I live up in the Green Bay/Appleton area, but next Tuesday I'll be down in Madison, so that area is also an option. Whats the best price anyone's seen lately?

#906 Nakilos

Nakilos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

I'm looking to fill out my SMT collection (Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2). Price isn't a huge issue but the cheapo in me wonders if I can do better than Ebay prices in and around the Milwaukee area.

Also looking for PC games, well 1. I haven't really found any good stores beyond Gamestops, and especially nothing for PC. I would like to find a new/lightly used copy of Planescape Torment and possibly some other PC games I once had. I just haven't seen a good store for PC games in some time.

#907 Plat

Plat

Green Bay, WI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:30 PM

FYI, the K-Mart in Green Bay East has a number of small "universal remotes" for the slim PS2 and XBox 360. $1.50 each, including AAA batteries.

Also had a few Intec PS2 multitaps for $1.50

#908 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:02 AM

I'm looking to fill out my SMT collection (Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2). Price isn't a huge issue but the cheapo in me wonders if I can do better than Ebay prices in and around the Milwaukee area.

Also looking for PC games, well 1. I haven't really found any good stores beyond Gamestops, and especially nothing for PC. I would like to find a new/lightly used copy of Planescape Torment and possibly some other PC games I once had. I just haven't seen a good store for PC games in some time.

Good luck on finding any SMT games around milwaukee... My bother on the other hand is selling a bunch of PC games

#909 Nakilos

Nakilos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

Oddly, I was able to get Persona 3 on release day no problem, was stocked pretty much everywhere. I can only find Devil Summoner, and its at basically every Gamestop between Gurnee and Milwaukee in the $14-29 range usually.

#910 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

Oddly, I was able to get Persona 3 on release day no problem, was stocked pretty much everywhere. I can only find Devil Summoner, and its at basically every Gamestop between Gurnee and Milwaukee in the $14-29 range usually.

Yeah Devil Summoner is the most common one, but in the Milwaukee area good luck finding anything DDS or Nocturne seeing the ebay rates went up the sellers snagged them all.

PM me and give me a rough idea of what are you are in.

#911 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

Hey guys!

Does anyone know of a place like Dave & Busters or GameWorks (restaurant and bar meets an arcade) in the Milwaukee area? My Dad's coming into town this weekend and something like that would be fun.

Posted Image

#912 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hey guys!

Does anyone know of a place like Dave & Busters or GameWorks (restaurant and bar meets an arcade) in the Milwaukee area? My Dad's coming into town this weekend and something like that would be fun.

Hell, I'd be interested in knowing about something like that in Wisconsin! I might have to move there! ;)

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#913 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys!

Sorry, but you're SOL on that...unless you consider Chuck E. Cheese to be a competitor to D&B or Gameworks:roll:

Hell, I'd be interested in knowing about something like that in Wisconsin! I might have to move there! ;)

Well...there was talk about putting a Gameworks in a new retail development on the site of the former Pabst brewery on the NW corner of downtown Milwaukee.

But that talk has been around for the past 5 years, so it'll prolly never happen.

Google 'Pabst Brewery development Milwaukee' and see what's up...

#914 seanw

seanw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

Hey guys!

Have you ever been to The Safe House? A different kind of fun from Dave & Busters, but still a good thing to do while your Dad's in town.

http://www.safe-house.com/

#915 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

How about Landmark Lanes? Bowling, bar, and a classic arcade? Anyone been there?

Posted Image

#916 VGMaster75

VGMaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Hey guys!

There are no Dave & Busters or Gameworks in the state of Wisconsin.
You could try The Mineshaft in Hartford 25 miles north/west of Milwaukee. Although I'm not sure if you can bring drinks into the arcade, and I think it's more of a family oriented place.
Or like someone else suggested, there is the arcade in Landmark Lanes. More of a college-age/drinking crowd in that area.
Oh, and to the other poster, the Gameworks/Pabst City proposition is dead & buried my friend. Even before they dumped the whole Pabst City plan, the Gameworks plan was the first to go.

#917 SRW1000

SRW1000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:45 AM

Have you ever been to The Safe House? A different kind of fun from Dave & Busters, but still a good thing to do while your Dad's in town.

http://www.safe-house.com/

I'll second this suggestion. Not an arcade, but a really cool place. If you go, make sure you check out the entire place. There are some really neat things hidden around.

#918 WiiNet

WiiNet

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:55 AM

I'll second this suggestion. Not an arcade, but a really cool place. If you go, make sure you check out the entire place. There are some really neat things hidden around.

I like the Safe House a lot, but I wouldn't even consider it a replacement for Dave and Busters or something similar. That said, yes, it is cool and I do recommend it. But it's a bar, just a bar, know that going in.

#919 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

For those in Madison, I found a deal for the Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection on Wii. East store has the shelf tag marked at $13.98, but it rings up at $19.99. The electronics clerk manually adjusted the price for me without a problem. I made a thread in the main forum about it - http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=4145867

#920 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

Nice. Wish I was running to the East side tonight.

Thanks for the info though.

#921 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:27 AM

Saw Eye Toy Kinetic on clearance at CC - West in Madison tonight for $8.96.

Also saw a few clearance games at the West Shopko as well. Ape Escape for PSP for $1.99, Genji for the PS2, Eye Toy Operation Spy (PS2) for $1.99 as well. Those were still there when I left.

#922 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

Saw Eye Toy Kinetic on clearance at CC - West in Madison tonight for $8.96.

Also saw a few clearance games at the West Shopko as well. Ape Escape for PSP for $1.99, Genji for the PS2, Eye Toy Operation Spy (PS2) for $1.99 as well. Those were still there when I left.

Ha ha screw you and those shopko's I think the one I would have to go to is WEst Bend? Which is like 30 mins from me. Man I would love to get one of those Ape Escapes for $2 ;)

#923 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Ha ha screw you and those shopko's I think the one I would have to go to is WEst Bend? Which is like 30 mins from me. Man I would love to get one of those Ape Escapes for $2 ;)

Derrick don't hate. There is a Shopko in Grafton, which is a bit less than 30 min, I think....

Anyway if you're up for a drive, there are about a dozen Shopkos within an hour's drive of Milwaukee,
Spoiler

Kenosha and Racine to the south

Delavan, and Fort Atkinson to the SW

Grafton and Sheboygan to the N/NE

West Bend, Fond Du Lac and Oshkosh to the N/NW

Watertown to the west

But...with gas at $3.50 a gallon, it aint worth it

#924 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

Walmart West (Madison) has several PS3 Dualshock 3 controllers in stock. The best part...$49.92 each. For those that are keeping track, that's $5 cheaper than everywhere else.

#925 Plat

Plat

Green Bay, WI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:08 AM

Green Bay Shopko on Military has ~7+ e-Readers (new in box) for... $39.99. I'd like one, but hopefully for a few dollars less.

Also, the Video Game Kingdom is closing up their B&M shop (to become an online store). N64, PSX and Genesis games are 50% off, but there isn't much to pick from anymore. Opened on the weekends through April, I believe.

#926 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Green Bay Shopko on Military has ~7+ e-Readers (new in box) for... $39.99. I'd like one, but hopefully for a few dollars less.

If you don't mind getting it used, GS/EB usually has them ubercheap. I used to see 'em in Madison for like $3.

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#927 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

Derrick don't hate. There is a Shopko in Grafton, which is a bit less than 30 min, I think....

Anyway if you're up for a drive, there are about a dozen Shopkos within an hour's drive of Milwaukee,

Spoiler

Kenosha and Racine to the south

Delavan, and Fort Atkinson to the SW

Grafton and Sheboygan to the N/NE

West Bend, Fond Du Lac and Oshkosh to the N/NW

Watertown to the west

But...with gas at $3.50 a gallon, it aint worth it

Yeah you said it right on the dot with $3.50 gas... I thought your little Prius got good gas lol :lol:

#928 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

I thought your little Prius got good gas lol :lol:

I don't own a Prius. I own
Spoiler

;)

#929 Nakilos

Nakilos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:17 AM

Wife wants a Wii, I know about the tracker sites. I'm just curious if there is anywhere kind of off the beaten path that might have them in and around SE WI.

Figured I'd post since I'm not having any luck, not that I've looked very long!

#930 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:30 AM

I had some friends that got lucky with American in Madison, as most people don't think of think of them as a place to buy games hardware.