Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1781 replies to this topic

#991 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

I looked earlier, but didn't see any at Westside Madison. They'd had one in Dec still at $70-90 in the case. I didn't ask about it.

I finally caved in January and got one for like $50 from shopko on clearance. They're all gone there too, I think. You could use the $10 off used system coupon at EB/Gamestop. They're supposed to have them at the Prairie Town Center GS or in the East Towne mall. They'd be $25 used. LINK.

Thanks Mcelfour. Unfortunately since I'm going on monday June 2nd, the coupon expires by then. I would have went today and yeah, Prairie Town would be the one I'd go, I checked online and they stated this one had one.... BUT... the wife won't let me.. plus it's Lost on tonight...

I'll just keep looking.

#992 deletion

deletion

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

Anyone find any clearanced GBA Micros for 29???

from this thread.. http://www.cheapassg...669#post4411669

I've yet to find one... I live in the SW corner but can get to madison any time.....

Thanks for anyone looking.

you might want to try out target. i picked one up about a week ago in green bay clearanced for 39.xx but was able to use the $5 off coupon (so 36.xx something in the end). i still thought it was a little much, but after i played it, it's well worth the money.

#993 deletion

deletion

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hey munn3yxiong
Are you hmong? I am. It's cool if you are hmong.

yo. me 2. - hmoob vaj. good seeing you on here!

#994 heyman

heyman

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

Didn't know there's alot of hmong gamers here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:applause:Carrie Underwood one of the best singers:applause:

#995 deletion

deletion

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:17 AM

Didn't know there's alot of hmong gamers here.

hey we should play on live one of these days!

#996 heyman

heyman

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yeah my gt is mrchingher

#997 deletion

deletion

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

Yeah my gt is mrchingher

mine is cromico. Anyone else want to play, feel free to add me.

#998 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

Best Buy Northridge Store (Milwaukee) had 8 Guitar Hero II Packs for $20.99 each Xbox 360 this morning.

#999 deletion

deletion

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:17 PM

shopko green bay had tons of Fable for 7.99. and west side kmart had two pink 360 controllers left for 12 bucks each.

#1000 heyman

heyman

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

Thanks I'm going there to get Guitar Hero II. Maybe two:D

#1001 munn3yxiong

munn3yxiong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:54 AM

deletion get me those 2 360 contrllers. ill pay for shipping. HEYMAN you from milwaukee? gh2 for 20.99 at northridge. i got 2 last week.

#1002 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

Anyone going to Gamestop today?

I'm hoping to pick up

Worms 2
Dirty Dancing (for the wife...)
maybe GW EotN

I heard that the pc games might be limited.... which stinks.

#1003 heyman

heyman

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, I'm from milwaukee. Got xbox 360?

If so, my gt is mrchingher

#1004 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:09 AM

If anyone is looking for a gamecube and controller, there are 3 boxed for 24.98 clearence... it's like the back endcap about 3 rows away from electronics going into like other crap electronics...VERY BOTTOM shelf... had to like bend over and on my knees to see the others back in there...

This is in the Target west side, Mineral Pt Rd in Madison.

I snagged one, just in case, there is I think 3 left, 1 of them looks like it used to be a soccer ball in another life.

I used the 5 off 25 target coupon... can't been a new cube and controller for 20.

I thought of snaggin one and selling it, but ebay is crap now.

#1005 WiiNet

WiiNet

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:11 AM

I saw those a while ago for $50, can't think of why I'd need one though...

#1006 deletion

deletion

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:23 AM

deletion get me those 2 360 contrllers. ill pay for shipping. HEYMAN you from milwaukee? gh2 for 20.99 at northridge. i got 2 last week.

i'll drop by tomorrow and see if they're still there. i'll pm you if i find 'em.

#1007 deletion

deletion

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

Anyone going to Gamestop today?

I'm hoping to pick up

Worms 2
Dirty Dancing (for the wife...)
maybe GW EotN

I heard that the pc games might be limited.... which stinks.

picked up timeshift today SEALED! I might go back tomorrow and pick up House of the Dead. I rarely use the wii, so i'm a little hesitant, still got No more heroes that i haven't even played yet.

#1008 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

Before everyone rushes off to Target to buy the $25 Gamecubes, it should be noted that these are the redesigned models (DOL-101) without a component jack on the back. If you don't have Gamecube component cables (they are hard to find and expensive), this isn't really a big deal.

For the rest of us who care about such things, buyer beware (or just play your Gamecube games on the Wii with component hook-ups). However, one thing you can't do with the Wii is use your Gameboy Player. Not many people know that all GBA games are 480p when using the 1st model GC and component cables. It really makes a difference on an HDTV.

When Nintendo announced that they were discontinuing the older "progressive scan" GC's (DOL-001), I bought a back up GC to keep when my original finally bites it. I managed to find a stash of them at Circuit City on the Eastside (Madison). This was sometime during the summer of 2005. Preplayed still has some DOL-001's for those that are interested.

#1009 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quite a few new clearance games at the SuperTarget. Heavenly Sword ($41) American Idol Karaoke Revolution - 360 ($20something)

I might have picked up a few, but I didn't have any coupons on me.

#1010 deletion

deletion

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

munn3y...the controllers are gone man. these things go quick. i'll keep an eye out for you though. we've got another kmart on the east side i can check out.

#1011 WiiNet

WiiNet

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

West Target and Super West Target had tons of Guitar Hero I and II games for PS2 for $20 on clearance. Super mostly had I, regular mostly had II.

EDIT: Game only for each.

#1012 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

West Target and Super West Target had tons of Guitar Hero I and II games for PS2 for $20 on clearance. Super mostly had I, regular mostly had II.

Are these game only, or do they include guitar controller? I never have gotten in on GH or the like...but perhaps for $20...

Posted Image Posted Image

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#1013 WiiNet

WiiNet

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

Sorry--game only... meant to say that...

More...
Anyone know of a super cheap place to get an LCD in Madison or Milwaukee? I don't need anything fancy, 15" or bigger, preferably a nice brand. Can be used or new but I don't want to spend more than $75.

#1014 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

This is a super huge YMMV.

I went to the Northridge Best Buy this afternoon in Milwaukee. While looking at the table in the front of the store (double yellow stickers at 50% off) an employee came up to me and said "I can give you everything on this table for $100". I only saw 1 item I wanted (Halo 3 guide) but he seemed totally serious, like they wanted to move it all asap.

I didn't see anything pressing but I did see: Vinyl Ninja Wall Scrolls, Family Guy DVD Trivia Games, a stack of Halo 3 guides, some PS3 racing games, a few sub $20 Xbox 360 games, and a few others.

If your in the area, drop by and ask about it. Might be good trade fodder. I should have got the employees name but he was a black man and if they were to ask, I was a 6'8" white guy (slightly balding) wearing a green & white pinstripe polo and black shorts. I was in there around 4pm.

#1015 WiiNet

WiiNet

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

GH2 PS2 game only down to $10 at West Towne Target.

#1016 HatchbackMustang

HatchbackMustang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

This is a super huge YMMV.

I went to the Northridge Best Buy this afternoon in Milwaukee. While looking at the table in the front of the store (double yellow stickers at 50% off) an employee came up to me and said "I can give you everything on this table for $100". I only saw 1 item I wanted (Halo 3 guide) but he seemed totally serious, like they wanted to move it all asap.

I didn't see anything pressing but I did see: Vinyl Ninja Wall Scrolls, Family Guy DVD Trivia Games, a stack of Halo 3 guides, some PS3 racing games, a few sub $20 Xbox 360 games, and a few others.

If your in the area, drop by and ask about it. Might be good trade fodder. I should have got the employees name but he was a black man and if they were to ask, I was a 6'8" white guy (slightly balding) wearing a green & white pinstripe polo and black shorts. I was in there around 4pm.

Was it that big table between the CD's and PC games? Did they have anything else worth even looking at though, like actual good stuff?

#1017 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Was it that big table between the CD's and PC games? Did they have anything else worth even looking at though, like actual good stuff?

I frequent that store also because I live around the NW side and there is really nothing good on that table and it was the table you mentioned.

If your into the penny guides they have some nintendo brand pokemon revolution guides and a bunch of Dark Sector guides.

#1018 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

The Super Target in Fitchburg has a $5 copy of Viva Pinata if anyone is interested (I snapped up the other one)

#1019 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:40 AM

Just to let people know, the copy of Viva is gone. Not much else there. NCAA 08 for the 360, NBA Ballers, and a few PS2 games.

#1020 tbrock182

tbrock182

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

I was at the Toys r Us in Appleton (by the Fox River Mall) yesterday, and they are offering a free Brett Favre McFarlane figure (they told me it was the 2008 Wave 1 figure) if you pre-order Madden 09 on any system. Good deal if you aren't too pissed about this whole Favre/Packers situation.