Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

wow, no Milwaukeans responding?

Maybe folks could at least identify themselves.

I'm actually in Racine.

There is an EBGames and 2 Gamestops. All pretty much suck :)

[quote name='schultzed']wow, no Milwaukeans responding?

Maybe folks could at least identify themselves.

I'm actually in Racine.

There is an EBGames and 2 Gamestops. All pretty much suck :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I outta change the topic title to Wisconsin, maybe more people would show.

Also I've been to Racine quite a few times actually, didn't see any Gamestops or EB Games, I probbaly wasn't in the same area. But thanks for posting this.

North sider here. My only good recent score was a Xbox HD pack for $10 at the GS on Brown Deer road. Though I'm not really the person to ask where to score "rare" items since I loathe RPGS unlike most CAGs. I don't have/care about PS2 either. The only thing I'm really looking for at the moment is component cables for the cube.

P.S. Don't bother looking at the Mayfair BB for clearance stuff. Their selection is "teh suck" and the only thing I walked out with was the new EVil Dead for the box.

Yes every GS and EB in Milwaukee sucks. My favorite is the GS in Southridge mall though because they still have toys. If you ever wanted to see 3 Gamestops and an EB in one square mile that area is your best bet I guess.

The only good place for games in Milwaukee is camped so you'll never find anything good there. It used to be good but it's only a matter of time before hoarders ruin any store.

The Best Best Buy is the one in Brookfield. They don't grill you on returns like some places would. Best selection there too.

That's pretty much the whole story for Milwaukee. Don't get me started on the noobs in Madison...lots of "Comic Book Guy" hoarders around here. I mean appearance wise not that they buy comic books...

I'm in Waukesha, and I agree that the Brookfield BB is the best in the area.
There is one in Delafield that sucks as does the one by Southridge.

There is a Gamestop in Brookfield on Bluemound Road that is okay. I'm not really in to rare games and stuff, but the selection is always pretty decent.

My favorite store in the area, by far, is the EB games off of Bluemound next to Brookfield Square near Fuddruckers.
There are always extemely helpful and knowledeable on anything you want to know. It is a newer store, but the selection is above average. The stock and items are always displayed very professionally, and they avoid looking like a garage sale like most GS do.

Again, I'm not in to rare RPG's or games, but I will pay more in some cases just to go there - the staff is that good.

[quote name='Jeoff']Yes every GS and EB in Milwaukee sucks. My favorite is the GS in Southridge mall though because they still have toys. If you ever wanted to see 3 Gamestops and an EB in one square mile that area is your best bet I guess.

The only good place for games in Milwaukee is camped so you'll never find anything good there. It used to be good but it's only a matter of time before hoarders ruin any store.

The Best Best Buy is the one in Brookfield. They don't grill you on returns like some places would. Best selection there too.

That's pretty much the whole story for Milwaukee. Don't get me started on the noobs in Madison...lots of "Comic Book Guy" hoarders around here. I mean appearance wise not that they buy comic books...[/QUOTE]

That's true, GS ad EB suck, A LOT, there are a lot of them...but if they don't have anything good, what does it matter. I'll put that up though for BB. I so far heard that was the best one.

[quote name='lukenot']My favorite store in the area, by far, is the EB games off of Bluemound next to Brookfield Square near Fuddruckers.
There are always extemely helpful and knowledeable on anything you want to know. It is a newer store, but the selection is above average. The stock and items are always displayed very professionally, and they avoid looking like a garage sale like most GS do.

Again, I'm not in to rare RPG's or games, but I will pay more in some cases just to go there - the staff is that good.[/QUOTE]

I think this Brookfield store is good as well. They've seemed to go a bit looser in policy as well. They allowed me to return games I got in tradein deals (which some stores won't do). Also, when they had the $5 bonus per game (no exclusions) early in the year, a worker there let me trade in 6 Jampacks I got for $4 at the nearby TRU. All 6 in one trade for over $30 in credit. That was cool.

The Gamestop here in La Crosse pretty much blows. The store is way too small and has too much junk crammed into it.

The Blockbuster just started taking trades on Sept 1 so there is some hope for good finds there. They are building a new, bigger store about 100 yards away in the old Wal-Mart parking lot, but they aren't going to have a Gamerush!

Best deals in town usually come from Goodwill, Shopko, and Target.
Also, the KB Toys in the mall is closing and they are having a 40% off clearance. Unfortunately, they shipped all their video games to another store before the sale began.

[quote name='jbroush99']The Gamestop here in La Crosse pretty much blows. The store is way too small and has too much junk crammed into it.

The Blockbuster just started taking trades on Sept 1 so there is some hope for good finds there. They are building a new, bigger store about 100 yards away in the old Wal-Mart parking lot, but they aren't going to have a Gamerush!

Best deals in town usually come from Goodwill, Shopko, and Target.
Also, the KB Toys in the mall is closing and they are having a 40% off clearance. Unfortunately, they shipped all their video games to another store before the sale began.[/QUOTE]

You are at one of the lonelist outposts in the CAG universe :) OK, its not that bad but LaCrosse is definitely out there. I did score some nice N64 deals at that Target 6 years ago.

How has your BestBuy been with this latest clearance?

A new thing I'm doing also, is if you find specific clearance items at one of the stores in your area, or a special sale for only your store, or some deals you wanted to share, posted them, what store they're at, and what deals. Then people can see what stores have what. Thanks for all the info guys!

I tried to do a thread like this a few weeks ago and nobody cared.

Anyway that gamestop in west allis isn't so great. Bad employees and terrible organization of older stuff.

I work at the gamecrazy thats right down the street from that gamestop, btw. on national by pick n save. Our store's in a bit of a shambles cause there's only like 2 employees there right now..

I've found some decent stuff at the record head in west allis on greenfield. Like Time Crisis 3 for $8.

oh yeah and I love the eb on hwy 100 in west allis. The bluemound one is good too but not much selection.

Gamestop on bluemound in brookfield is the best in town, i always find good stuff there.

[quote name='jer7583']I tried to do a thread like this a few weeks ago and nobody cared.

Anyway that gamestop in west allis isn't so great. Bad employees and terrible organization of older stuff.

I work at the gamecrazy thats right down the street from that gamestop, btw. on national by pick n save. Our store's in a bit of a shambles cause there's only like 2 employees there right now..

I've found some decent stuff at the record head in west allis on greenfield. Like Time Crisis 3 for $8.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I just went to the Gamestop in West Allis today. I was going to stop by GameCrazy, but totally forgot. Yes, the Gamestop in West Allis is terrible, they had some clearance today when I went, but nothing interesting at all. I should probably try GameCrazy, I'm looking for some N64 games, specific ones, maybe they'd have them.

Would you know if you had Diddy Kong Racing or Beetle Adventure Racing for N64? No these or not for me, I'm trying to make a trade with someone for these games. And are your prices high?

And yes, I love the new Eb Games on Highway 100.

Anyone interested in classic stuff?

I saw 8 Intellivision games at the 27th Street Goodwill. They were common but complete . . . would have gotten them but they were $2.99 each.

Armor Battle (that kind of game)

[quote name='schultzed']Anyone interested in classic stuff?

I saw 8 Intellivision games at the 27th Street Goodwill. They were common but complete . . . would have gotten them but they were $2.99 each.

Armor Battle (that kind of game)[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for games back to the NES, but nothing futher. If you see any good deals on games like those, that'd be great. But maybe someone else is interested. Thanks for the post.

[quote name='schultzed']You are at one of the lonelist outposts in the CAG universe :) OK, its not that bad but LaCrosse is definitely out there. I did score some nice N64 deals at that Target 6 years ago.

How has your BestBuy been with this latest clearance?[/QUOTE]
Don't forget about me in Eau Claire! Thankfully, we're closer to Minneapolis than poor La Crosse...

Oh yeah the EB by Fuddruckers has the best employees working there. Problem is the store is pretty new so they don't get much as far as used games go.

The absolute worst game stores are the GS and Music Recyclery in Brookfield Square mall. The employees at that GS are absolute trash and do nothing but talk about Magic instead of helping people or checking them out. The Music Recyclery has the worst prices in the history of video games. Most used greatest hits games are $30...

[quote name='Jeoff']The absolute worst game stores are the GS and Music Recyclery in Brookfield Square mall. The employees at that GS are absolute trash and do nothing but talk about Magic instead of helping people or checking them out. The Music Recyclery has the worst prices in the history of video games. Most used greatest hits games are $30...[/QUOTE]

BTW that Goodwill also had a SNES system in box (don't know condition because it was on the floor behind the counter (jewelry and valuables area) but it was marked $20 . . . could be a deal if complete and in good shape and if someone is looking for one.

Music Recyclery is a joke . . . didn't know they had one at Brookfield Sq. The one at Gurnee is also insane . . . I saw GBA Iridion ($3 at GS and $4 at EB) for $13!

[quote name='schultzed']BTW that Goodwill also had a SNES system in box (don't know condition because it was on the floor behind the counter (jewelry and valuables area) but it was marked $20 . . . could be a deal if complete and in good shape and if someone is looking for one.

Music Recyclery is a joke . . . didn't know they had one at Brookfield Sq. The one at Gurnee is also insane . . . I saw GBA Iridion ($3 at GS and $4 at EB) for $13![/QUOTE]

I got a SNES from Goodwill, it worked pretty good actually. I was pretty impressed with it.

[quote name='jer7583']I tried to do a thread like this a few weeks ago and nobody cared.

I've found some decent stuff at the record head in west allis on greenfield. Like Time Crisis 3 for $8.[/QUOTE]

I never saw it, if I would have I wouldn't have made this thread. I just thought no one else did a Wisconsin thread yet.

[quote name='schultzed']
How has your BestBuy been with this latest clearance?[/QUOTE]

I picked up Ford Mustang (Xbox), Ty 2 (Xbox), Fairly Oddparents (GC), and 2 copies of FF I&II for GBA. They also had Incredibles (Xbox) at $9.99. GBA games like Tarzan and Texas Hold Em' had stickers over the UPCs so they were regular price. Other than this stuff, they didn't have too much else.

I did pick up a practically mint, complete copy of Resident Evil for the Saturn at Goodwill last week.

I'm interested in checking out that Best Buy in Brookfield since a lot of people have been saying it's a really good Best Buy.

But anyways, if anyone has a store they want someone else to check out for them and see how it is, just post it here, and if someone lives or goes in that area, they could possibly check it out for you. I haven't been toa ny new game stores lately so I have nothing new to share. Anyone else?

Just to help make the list more thorough, there's also an EB Games in Southridge Mall (Greenfield), another GameStop about a block away in "Barnes and Noble Plaza," and yet another GameStop - albeit a slightly larger one - midway between the other two (7420 W. Holmes Avenue).

The W. Holmes Ave. GameStop at least used to have old NES / SNES / N64 / Genesis (?) games in addition to the standard fare....but I haven't actually been there in a number of months.

The Best Buy in Greenfield (just before Hwy. 894) usually doesn't have much out of the ordinary, although I was able to grab a $10 copy of FF I&II there a few weeks ago.

There's a TRU in Brookfield (hidden behind Brookfield Square), Racine, Brown Deer (Northridge Mall), and Greenfield? (S. 27th Street). When TRU deals pop up, I like going to the 27th St. location because it's some distance away from any of the malls.

And, FWIW, I was able to get most of the games I was looking for during the last Circuit City clearence from the Racine store.

The Best Buy in Brown Deer is really frustraing. My friend and I were trying to get Castlevania last weekend and they continually didn't ahve it (I had a BB gift card). Finally, we just said screw it and picked it up at Toys R Us next door.

Also, called there looking for Trauma Center, "Yeah, we've got 4 in stock." Go there, "uhhh.. they must be on the truck. I can't get at them." Wen there the next day and meant with blank stares. "We don't have that." Went to the Best Buy on Port Washington and Brown Deer and picked it up (could that shopping center be more of a circus on the lunch hour?)

[quote name='Machikunas']Has anybody been to the new GS on College Ave in Appleton?[/QUOTE]

I have, and being that its new and in a much bigger location than the other GS's, its quite nice. I was talking to one of the employees there, and apparently its a prototype store, so the look of the store is different from other GS's in the area

Thanks for posting all your info guys!

I'm working on getting a new section that would update any deals in Wisconsin Only, such as garage & rummage sales, weekly deals at stores in Wisconsin, and other's that would be updated regularly to keep you all informed off things happening in your area.

I don't know when I'll get to working on it next, but hopefully soon, in the meantime please keep posting your opinions on any of the stores in Wisconsin even if it's already been rated, the more ratings on it keep it updated so we know what's changed and what stores are worth it to go to, and what aren't.

I will be updating the list even more soon.

[quote name='.JPG']Wow, I just went to the Gamestop in West Allis today. I was going to stop by GameCrazy, but totally forgot. Yes, the Gamestop in West Allis is terrible, they had some clearance today when I went, but nothing interesting at all. I should probably try GameCrazy, I'm looking for some N64 games, specific ones, maybe they'd have them.

Would you know if you had Diddy Kong Racing or Beetle Adventure Racing for N64? No these or not for me, I'm trying to make a trade with someone for these games. And are your prices high?

And yes, I love the new Eb Games on Highway 100.[/QUOTE]

Diddy Kong is $4.99, and I believe Beetle Adventure Racing is $9.99, we have them both in stock since i was last there. We have a lot of older games, nothing rare, but a good quantity of them.

[quote name='jer7583']Diddy Kong is $4.99, and I believe Beetle Adventure Racing is $9.99, we have them both in stock since i was last there. We have a lot of older games, nothing rare, but a good quantity of them.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was there recently so I got to see them and I no longer need them, btu thanks for helping me anyways.

Hey, I just recently was there and I bought a game I think from Brian, do you know him?

yeah brian's cool. Juan is our manager so don't let his sales pitches get to your CAG side, he's just doing his job. The three of us pretty much ran the store over the summer cause we were the only ones working there.

Green Bay reporting!

Green Bay has been dead for deals in the last year. Circuit City and Best Buy usually only have traces of the deals left on their shelves. The GameStop and EB around here are usually lacking as well. Stocked with games, but never with deals.

if ur in Green Bay, you should check out the Take 2 and GB games off of mason near toys r us. They seemed to have a lot of games, and some i dont see very often. Notably, take 2 had lunar 2 for $18 and had Breath of Fire and Final Fantasy 3 for snes

[quote name='jer7583']yeah brian's cool. Juan is our manager so don't let his sales pitches get to your CAG side, he's just doing his job. The three of us pretty much ran the store over the summer cause we were the only ones working there.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, I think I know who Juan is, I've seen him around too, and yes I have gotten his sales pitches, but I don't mind. I haven't been there in a while so the last time I was, I was actually surprised to find some games, so I'll likely be back sometime soon.

Appleton has a mom and pop shop named preplayed (they recently changed their name but idk what to), where they always have rare items. Got the harvest moon guide for a dollar, suikoden 2 was 30 dollars, harvest moon snes complete for 20 bucks, this store usualy has good deals.

preplayed became take 2 which became massive media exchange...
it would appear i have some area competition

[quote name='Krunks']if ur in Green Bay, you should check out the Take 2 and GB games off of mason near toys r us. They seemed to have a lot of games, and some i dont see very often. Notably, take 2 had lunar 2 for $18 and had Breath of Fire and Final Fantasy 3 for snes[/QUOTE]

GB Games sucks ass. I stopped there for the first time tonight and they had very little. Very disappointing.

[quote name='Krunks']if ur in Green Bay, you should check out the Take 2 and GB games off of mason near toys r us. They seemed to have a lot of games, and some i dont see very often. Notably, take 2 had lunar 2 for $18 and had Breath of Fire and Final Fantasy 3 for snes[/QUOTE]

Had Lunar 2, or has Lunar 2? I'm in the market for that!

Hey guys. I'm in Madison. I wonder if the Pre-played here is affiliated with the one in Green Bay?

NOt much good for any of the clearances here either. Got a few at CC last year, but Best Buy never has anything good here that I've seen.

[quote name='ZForce915']Had Lunar 2, or has Lunar 2? I'm in the market for that![/QUOTE]

when i was there monday, they still had it
i cant say that they still do, as i havent gone there again, but if ur in GB, i dont think it hurt to check it out, it was in the glass case since it was the box for it

worst case, gamestop @ the plaza mall had 2 copies of it when i was there monday

Unfortunetly this board wasn't here sooner, but recently I picked of Resident Evil 4 at Sam's Club in West Allis on Highway 100 for $15 sealed. They where clearancing out their older games and putting newer ones in, but when I last checked, they where pretty much all sold out, but if you have a Sam's Club near you, you may want to call and check on it. The games will NOT be in the video game section, but in the clearance or As-Is items section. YMMV, but it doesn't hurt to call or if your by there, to check.

bread's done
Back