Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1779 replies to this topic

#1621 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:20 AM

You guys think it's bad being where you are??

How about in Juda?? (By Brodhead and Monroe)

Hell, that's probably pretty close to speaking a foreign language. The closest thing is a shitty super Wal-Mart that never has ANY deals, and to get a chance at Target stuff is at least a half-hour drive. Trust me, there's definitely worse places to deal hunt.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#1622 Kaelestis

Kaelestis

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

Wow, one of the few places I haven't been in WI, the southwest (south of Madison/west of Beloit)! But that doesn't sound too bad. I live in a rural area myself and it's at least a half hour drive to the nearest Target/GS/etc. The nice thing though is that I could drive a little over a half hour north, south, east, or west and run into a Target/Kmart/Walmart/BB/etc. :D

Oh! I almost forgot, this Best Buy had a bunch of Mass Effect 2 CE's for PC for 30% off. They had some other junk on clearance too but that was the only thing that caught my eye.

Edited by Kaelestis, 14 December 2010 - 05:41 AM.

dv8

#1623 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

Wow, one of the few places I haven't been in WI, the southwest (south of Madison/west of Beloit)! But that doesn't sound too bad. I live in a rural area myself and it's at least a half hour drive to the nearest Target/GS/etc. The nice thing though is that I could drive a little over a half hour north, south, east, or west and run into a Target/Kmart/Walmart/BB/etc. :D

Oh! I almost forgot, this Best Buy had a bunch of Mass Effect 2 CE's for PC for 30% off. They had some other junk on clearance too but that was the only thing that caught my eye.

We have it about the same, I guess :lol:

You at least get a few locations to choose from, though;)
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#1624 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

I will try to post deals I find as well just ot try and help someone out...

#1625 shinryu333

shinryu333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

^^^ but with all these snow we just got, its kinda hard to hop from store to store trying to look for some cheap ass games.

I can do more searching and will be able to post more deals during spring/summer when I can make use of my motorcycle. I plan on riding and paying a visit to every major city in Wisconsin next year (new years resolution). if anyone else has a motorcycle and wants to ride along side for a bit when I reach their city or town, let me know.

#1626 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

^^^ but with all these snow we just got, its kinda hard to hop from store to store trying to look for some cheap ass games.

I can do more searching and will be able to post more deals during spring/summer when I can make use of my motorcycle. I plan on riding and paying a visit to every major city in Wisconsin next year (new years resolution). if anyone else has a motorcycle and wants to ride along side for a bit when I reach their city or town, let me know.

LOL all the snow haha im from the Milwaukee area and we got like 2 inches but yeah other parts got nailed..

#1627 shinryu333

shinryu333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

my city streets are still covered with snow everywhere (can't even see pavement at all) and this is 4 days after our snow storm. I still see cars in the ditch everyday I leave and come back from work (20 miles). at least the highway is clear now...I can finally reach 65/70 mph! maybe I should sent a complaint to the city for doing a crappy job plowing

#1628 Kaelestis

Kaelestis

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:31 AM

Your resolution sounds pretty awesome. Don't own a motorcycle but I have traveled (in a car) to every major city unless you consider the likes of Superior/Platteville major cities. It's fun to travel that much and there are some really nice scenic areas of WI. Hope you manage to hit them all.

The roads do suck right now even though we didn't get hit too bad here. I think they just did a really shitty job of plowing/salting. Seems like they only ever hit the highways halfway decently and say Fuck the county/side roads.

Anyway, stopped by Burlington BBV today. There was a decent selection. They had one No More Heroes 1 and 2 (wii) for $9.99, lots of Bioshock 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, and a few PS2 games (mostly crap besides Dirge of Cerebus 6.99). Didn't really have any DS titles.

Some other titles they had for 360 were Aliens vs Predator, Kane and Lynch 2, Avatar, Where the Wild things are, Crackdown 2, and Dantes Inferno.

Some other Wii titles were NBA2k10, Naruto Clash of Ninja, NFS Pro Street and junk.

And some of the Ps3 titles were much of the same for 360, also had one Resistance: FoM.

-----
12/15 Edit - Racine Target was nearly cleared out... only a few PC games and crap games. Can't believe pretty much everything decent was gone. Kenosha one had Borderlands for 20.98, NHL10 for 17.xx, Alpha Protocol for 20.xx, DA:UE same price as last time, and Cabela's Big Game Hunters for 7.48. Had a few other things but nothing notable imo.

Kenosha Blockbuster is pretty nice. They have the best selection I've seen for the BOGO. MLB2k10 (360), Dante's Inferno (360), Army of Two: 40th day (360), Splinter Cell Conviction (360), Bioshock 2, Bayonetta (PS3), Crackdown 2, and some others. Still no DS games though. The Racine and Caledonia BBVs had a much lesser selection but they each had some MLB2k10 in case anyone locked those in at Amazon.

Edited by Kaelestis, 16 December 2010 - 05:05 AM.

dv8

#1629 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

The disc drive in my Wii recently took a dump & mangled 2 of my discs.

Any recs for disc repair in the Milwaukee area?
Posted Image

#1630 Lugi

Lugi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

Green Bay! Represent!

#1631 sigmano9

sigmano9

....いい意味で

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

there is a video rental store on 76th and good hope in the parking lot of the former blockbuster/hoffer's pet strip mall (now private school) that does disc repairs (it been there since i remember moving to the area in '89 when i was 7). i think it cost aboot $3 a disc, i'm not a 100% sure though as that was a few years ago when my 360 would scuff up my disc. it did a great job, the games looked brand new and played like new as well. i believe it is a 15min process per disc so keep that in mind. in the meantime you could visit the mega media exchange around the corner :) speaking of MME i they might do it too.
....いい意味で

#1632 shinryu333

shinryu333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

not a deal but possibly for others out there who unfortunately lives in WI. walmart deal is live in stores but as the scan says you'll only receive a $50 gift card instead of $100 compared to all the other states. I just bought mine at Oshkosh and there are still a lot of the holiday bundles (found them hidden right behind the standlone 160 gigs).
http://a.slickdeals....88&d=1292560642

#1633 Kaelestis

Kaelestis

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

not a deal but possibly for others out there who unfortunately lives in WI. walmart deal is live in stores but as the scan says you'll only receive a $50 gift card instead of $100 compared to all the other states. I just bought mine at Oshkosh and there are still a lot of the holiday bundles (found them hidden right behind the standlone 160 gigs).
http://a.slickdeals....88&d=1292560642

Faillllllllllllll. I'm guessing it's because of WI's dumb minimum mark up law. I went to Wal-mart and all the PS3s were still there because it was only a $50 gift card. So we miss out on the Walmart and Best Buy sales on the PS3s. Glad I live close enough to IL.
dv8

#1634 shinryu333

shinryu333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

my brother wanted a slim because he sold his old (phat) one to my sister. I just wanted him to get a good deal when buying a new PS3 and unfortunately we live in a state with less deals. I was going to buy it from amazon when it was still alive with the $100 GC but he does not shop online (amazon).

Back to the point, Kaelestis, you are right. this is not a deal but I wanted to point out that if anyone wanted it and is looking for the BF holiday bundle, theres a chance that they can still get them with the $50 CG. also don't forget that Uncharted 2 and MOH each retails for $30 or more when bought separately. I guess it'll make up for buying just the standlone system in Wisconsin.

#1635 Kaelestis

Kaelestis

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:23 AM

I always see the stickers on the gas pumps which have to do with it but it's the first time it has ruined a deal for me. Guess we can't get the really really good deals.

Maybe Amazon will match BB over the weekend.

Edited by Kaelestis, 18 December 2010 - 06:04 AM.

dv8

#1636 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:48 PM

:roll:Really there only giving a $50 GC instead of $100 here in WI? how is that right isnt that false advertising ?

This isnt like there marking the system down its just a bonus they tossed on top of it to get people tp buy it....

#1637 shinryu333

shinryu333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

its not false advertisement, Derrick. the scan that I got was from a Wisconsin Walmart ad that I copied from SlickDeal's site. Its says in fine print that you only get $50 GC.

can't wait to see if Best Buy and Target is the same issue as they are price matching GC today and tomorrow as discuss in the other forums.

i guess they really don't want us in WI to buy a new PS3

#1638 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

Sun Prairie Target has one Dragon Age Ultimate collection for PS3, for $15. Also one Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 for $25.

#1639 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

Sun Prairie Target has one Dragon Age Ultimate collection for PS3, for $15. Also one Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 for $25.

I love that target

#1640 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

I passed on the Dragon Age Ultimate for the PS3 for $15 at the West Madison Target. (Already have it for the PC and regret the purchase... sigh.)

Also at the West Madison Target they had NHL 10 for the 360 for $12.48. Once that hits $6.24, I'm all over it. Much better than NHL11 in my opinion.

#1641 Kingrodedog

Kingrodedog

Wants to watch the world burn...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hi all, I'm in the EC area and wondering if anyone has seen any sweet deals around here?
I'm still kinda new to town/site and don't know of any places to to hit up around here, any help would be appreciated.

#1642 Lugi

Lugi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

$15!? I would have picked it up just for the resale value! Thats amazing!

#1643 Lugi

Lugi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

Piranha Games I know does repairs up in Racine. I do not know the prices for it though.

#1644 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

$15!? I would have picked it up just for the resale value! Thats amazing!

I'm not big on buying games to resell them.

If someone wants it for that price, I'd rather leave it at the store.

I guess I could have helped out a CAG for that price, but oh well. Next time perhaps.

#1645 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

This might be a weird question, or at least a very long shot...but are there any Oshkosh CAGs here that would like a Play it Again Sports gift card? I have $500 to spend there and can't see myself spending it all. If you'd like to work out a deal of some kind, PM me and we can work out the details.
Posted Image

#1646 shinryu333

shinryu333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

^^^ oshkosh here, but I don't go to that place

#1647 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

If I still golfed a lot then I could easily spend the $500 on some new irons and a driver but I just don't get out that often anymore.

If anyone in Oshkosh is into sports I'm sure we can work a deal. (I'd meet you at the store to exchange the card)
Posted Image

#1648 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:27 AM

The Sun Prairie Target clearance section was amazingly picked over today.

Green Day Rock Band for the 360 for $19.98
DJ Hero for the PS3 for $25.98

Pretty sad selection.

#1649 Goodwill Hunter

Goodwill Hunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

The Goodwill in New Berlin got a big dump from Target and Big Lots recently...I picked up a Target clearanced new PSP Clone Wars for $4.99 and a new 360 Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen for $6.99. There was a new black wireless 360 controller for $24.99 and a new Kinect for $99.99 in the glass case, passed on both...second Kinect I've seen at a Goodwill in the last week. The first was marked $74.99 and didn't last a day. Also picked up a MegaMan X figure that had a Big Lots sticker on it...saw lots of other Big Lots merchandise scattered around the store.

Rich
Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

#1650 afa3

afa3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

I know this is an old post, but the Mega Media XChange in Brookfield does disc resurfacing for $3. It's next to the Best Buy on Bluemound.

They have other stores in WI too, including two others in the Milwaukee area. I don't know if they all do repair or not.