* * * * * 2 votes

Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1781 replies to this topic

#1771 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

Portage kmart is closing. All games were 25% off and hardware was 10% off. They had several ps4s and xbox ones and wiiu in stock.

Any decent deals?   

I'll be swinging up through Portage this weekend.  

#1772 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

Any decent deals?

I'll be swinging up through Portage this weekend.

I didn't look to deep but the x1 for $450 and ps4 for $360 was good if you need one. taqysyte.jpg

#1773 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

Madison CAGs: what are your thoughts on the various game stores in the city?  And where (if anywhere) can I find imports?  The only stores I'm aware of right now are:

- GameStop: skipping this...

- Pre-Played: went there today, huuuuuge place.  Prices are a bit high (or maybe CAG just has me jaded), but the selection is quite a bit better than any other brick-and-mortar store I've been to.

- Video Game X-Change: tried to go there today, but they had just closed, damn.  I'm on the west side, so it's a bit of a drive... might try again tomorrow.  Got a gift card for this place, and I'm curious to see how much is on it-- I just subleased an apartment from a married couple who were moving out of the state, and when I picked up the keys, I saw they'd placed a gift card in the envelope. :D  Made my day.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#1774 hold_me

hold_me

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

There's another Video Game X-Change on the near east side:

https://goo.gl/maps/eW4aq

I stopped in there a few months ago and they have a lot of different stuff, so you're bound to find something.  They have a pretty large retro selection including reasonably-priced consoles ($20-$50 for new or refurb NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, PS1, GameCube, etc.), but like Pre-Played the games are mostly priced at market value.  They definitely had import stuff when I was there, and there's a big glass case kind of in the middle full of random items like toys, stuffed animals, and trinkets (mostly Nintendo IIRC).  I didn't even realize that they still had a store on the west side, but their old west side location was about a third of the size of the Atwood Ave. store.  You could easily kill an hour or two there.

Aside from VGX and Pre-Played you can find a decent selection of games at Half Price Books, but since they don't specialize in games they don't always have a lot.  At the east side HPB they usually have the really good stuff in the locked glass case.  HPB also does 30/40/50% off coupons a few times a year if you sign up for their emails.  Pawn America has a lot, but their video game section is pure chaos and their prices are pretty high.  Sometimes you can get lucky at Goodwill or Salvation Army or St. Vinnie's or Savers.

Good luck!

#1775 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:02 AM

Thanks for the info.  And sorry for the late reply; I didn't see your post until just now.

I checked out Video Game X-Change a couple of weekends ago, nice place.  Turned out the gift card that the subleasers gave me for VGX was worth $60. :O  Very generous of them.

On another note, Rossi's Pizza is awesome.  Greatest arcade I've been to since the 90s.

Josh1billion.png

#1776 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Shopko and Shopko.com has COD Ghosts for Xbox One for $39.99 this week only,

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#1777 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Shopko and Shopko.com has COD Ghosts for Xbox One for $39.99 this week only,

As does Best Buy for the week.

#1778 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

Shopko has PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3 / cross-buy, comes with a Vita code) on clearance for $16.  Only a couple of bucks cheaper than Amazon, but not a bad deal.

Josh1billion.png

#1779 brewtownska

brewtownska

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

If anyone sees a clearance deal on a PS3 console (any version, any hard-drive size, must be NEW-in-box) in the Milwaukee/Waukesha  area, please let me know.  With so many special versions released, I'm hoping someplace will be trying to get rid of an older model.

My original 60GB FAT PS3 finally died, in what I believe is a YLOD issue.

Thanks!

#1780 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

If anyone sees a clearance deal on a PS3 console (any version, any hard-drive size, must be NEW-in-box) in the Milwaukee/Waukesha  area, please let me know.  With so many special versions released, I'm hoping someplace will be trying to get rid of an older model.

My original 60GB FAT PS3 finally died, in what I believe is a YLOD issue.

Thanks!

I ended up repairing my system via ifixit.

Took about an hour or two, but it was fun to go through the process of repair.  Plus, now I have a heat gun!  

#1781 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

Shopko in La Crosse has had some great deals on PS Move stuff lately.  It was a few weeks ago (probably still there), so I can't remember the prices, but the camera and controllers were all really low-- I think it was about 75% off.

Shopko in Madison has no deals ever.  :-({|=

Josh1billion.png

#1782 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

Shopko in Madison has no deals ever.  :-({|=

I used to try and hit them from time to time, but yeah, there is almost nothing good on clearance in Madison right now.