* * * * * 2 votes

Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1784 replies to this topic

#181 JackieChun

JackieChun

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:10 AM

:cry:

Please don't close the one by Pick, All Star Lanes and JC Penny! That's my favorite store!

#182 Salaman

Salaman

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

hey guys checking in from West Allis. The Circuit City in Brookfield didnt have much for games, theres a bin in the back. I got Dead 2 Rights 2 and SSX Tricky on Tour (last copy I saw) dunno if they going to restock but looks like that bin was near its end, unless you want 30 copies of Def Jam Fight for NY

#183 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:26 PM

For any Sun Prairie/Madison CAGs, I stopped at the Sun Prairie Walmart and they had both G.R.A.W. (Marked down from $60 so its not a console mistake) and Perfect Dark Zero marked at $30 for some reason.

Was hard to resist picking up GRAW again for only $30.

#184 GhaleonQ

GhaleonQ

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:28 AM

Wisconsin Rapids' GameStop is salvation for those in central Wisconsin, though more for variety than pricing.

#185 xghostsniperx

xghostsniperx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:39 AM

I live in Hartford, so the nearest EB/GS are in West Bend and Menomonee Falls.

The GS in West Bend just started up a few months ago, and they had an AWESOME stock of rare games. I picked up Disgaea used and complete for $44.99, and a used (manual missing) copy of Zone of the Enders 2 for $17.99. I also saw a Shin Megami Tensei Deluxe copy and picked it up for $54.99, even though it was a display copy--so it was opened and everything. Also, when MGS3:S came out, the guy at the counter gave me two copies of the Saga DVD for no reason, plus one when I picked up the game.

The EB in Menomonee Falls sucks. They don't have much of a selection, the staff is pretentious and not very informed about new games. Their stickers seem to really stick on used games, too, since I had to go over my cases with Goo-gone three times to get the crap off. I didn't even get a Saga disc when I went to pick up MGS3:S either, they said they gave the last one out. Idiots.

Man, I wish my parents would move to nearer to Milwaukee.

#186 xghostsniperx

xghostsniperx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:41 AM

Wisconsin Rapids' GameStop is salvation for those in central Wisconsin, though more for variety than pricing.

Yea, my parents have a cabin up there, and I picked up MGS2: Substance for $19.99 complete. It was well-organized and the staff was cool.

#187 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

I was wondering if anyone in the Madison area has been to the Big Lots. Do they have PC games, if so, are they any good. I've seen in the Big Lots thread that some have Icewind Dale (I don't recall I or II, but I'd like another copy of each, so...), and I was wondering if anyone's stopped in lately. Or if anyone is in the area, if they'd take a quick peek. I love in Middleton, so it's a pain to get there, and a big waste of time if they don't have anything good. If anyone has any info, LMK!! Thanks!

#188 rayzer369

rayzer369

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:33 AM

I was wondering if anyone in the Madison area has been to the Big Lots. Do they have PC games, if so, are they any good. I've seen in the Big Lots thread that some have Icewind Dale (I don't recall I or II, but I'd like another copy of each, so...), and I was wondering if anyone's stopped in lately. Or if anyone is in the area, if they'd take a quick peek. I love in Middleton, so it's a pain to get there, and a big waste of time if they don't have anything good. If anyone has any info, LMK!! Thanks!

yes they do have some pc stuff for like 5 bucks also menards has this same tyope fo stuff

#189 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:48 PM

I just came from Toys R US (NW Side Milwaukee Northridge Location - Brown Deer Rd.). Saw the following:

PSP
Ultimate Block Party $10.98
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix $13.98
Smart Bomb $13.98
Coded Arms $19.98
Tiger Woods Golf $13.98
Metal Gear Acid 2 $13.98
Medevil $13.98
Twisted Metal Head On $13.98
Spiderman 2 $13.98
Kingdom of Paradise $10.98

For some odd reason Metal Gear Acid is $29.98 while 2 is $13.98.

PS2
Final Fantasy with 40GB Hard Disk $27.98 (4+ in stock up above counter)

GC
DK Bongos (Bongos Only, no game) $20.98

#190 sigmano9

sigmano9

....いい意味で

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:06 AM

i wanted to inform us milw CAGs of two things:

1) target around the northridge area has tales of phantasia for 14.99

2) i was just at the northridge toys r us and i was told metal gear acid 2 was 29.99, now i did not have him ring it up at the register or did he check the system. i'm guessin the guy was just being lazy, but if any one else can comfirm the 13.99 price, it would be interesting to know.

#191 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:47 AM

I know theres a few CAGs from Madison, are there any good places around to visit every now and then?

I live down the street from 'Game Exchange' but haven't had a chance to check it out, is it worth goin to?

#192 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:09 AM

I know theres a few CAGs from Madison, are there any good places around to visit every now and then?

I live down the street from 'Game Exchange' but haven't had a chance to check it out, is it worth goin to?

They have a lot of stuff, but I don't feel as if you're going to get a deal there. I've gone in a few times, and walked out saying...$20+ for Majora's Mask? They just seem high to me. The last time I was there they had a pretty fair price on Magic the Gathering boosters...then some jerk bought them out :P (Seriously, if you're buying more than like 5 booster packs...buy a box online...way cheaper to buy in bulk...)

I like Preplayed, though I've only gone a few times. And of course there are EB games, Gamestop, and Software ETC. I like to refer to them as "EBGame Etc." I actually have nearly stopped going to EB on state st. and GS on Mineral Point, they've gotten real pushy lately, IMO.

#193 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:42 PM

When you say "Game Exchange" do you mean Video Game X-Change, or are you talking about another place entirely? I thought I knew all the game shops in Madison. I think we need a list.

#194 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

When you say "Game Exchange" do you mean Video Game X-Change, or are you talking about another place entirely? I thought I knew all the game shops in Madison. I think we need a list.

I think that may be it, its the one by a Target on the east side.

#195 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. There's one the West side too. I think the one on the East side is better, but not by too much.

#196 VulSuck

VulSuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

I always liked checking Preplayed on the east side. I never found any major deals, but I'd often find semi-rare used stuff for cheaper than anywhere else. I got Castlevania DS there for $25

#197 rayzer369

rayzer369

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:16 AM

I always liked checking Preplayed on the east side. I never found any major deals, but I'd often find semi-rare used stuff for cheaper than anywhere else. I got Castlevania DS there for $25

haha.........yeah they're pretty dumb when it comes to rare stuff. but i noticed their prices have gone up on a lot of common things. i found a mint copy of ff7 at a half half price books the other day for 6 bucks:bouncy:

#198 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

I just came from Sams Club (Milwaukee Store#6324 - 7701 West Calumet). They had two copies of Burnout Legends for PSP in their video games glass case for $14. I also saw a few Xbox 360 games less then $20 including Hitman Blood Money.

#199 FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

Hey new poster here!

I live in Saukville- an extreme northern suburb of Milwaukee. Nothing work speaking of up here lol. Gotta drive down a ways to get to Target, much less a GS/EB/BB. Closest CC is about an hour away lol. Unless there's one in Sheboygan I didn't know about...

Oh there IS a Costco going in Grafton, 5 miles south of me! Anybody know what they're like with games? About the same as Sam's Club? Better? Worse?

Somewhat substantial rumor is that an EB is going in the strip mall that's going to adjoin Costco.

BTW somebody was ripping on the Menomonee Falls EB... I used to be an assistant manager there, but that was well over a year ago. Sorry to hear it's gone down the shits, but my manager doesn't work there anymore either.

#200 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:02 AM

Kind of slow in Wisconsin lately...anything happening?

#201 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:53 PM

Kind of slow in Wisconsin lately...anything happening?

I gave up my apartment and live full time in the south stacks of memorial library at UW-mad. :-P
Hey, it's better than living over the Kollege Klub :roll: jk

I called both Madison Borders to see if they carry games for the 50% off sale. Nothing. The guy at the East store said I was the 4th person to call and ask that today.

#202 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:00 AM

Any of the Madison CAGs know of any plasma "donation" centers around? It'd be nice to make a little extra cash.

#203 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

Any of the Madison CAGs know of any plasma "donation" centers around? It'd be nice to make a little extra cash.

I have seen ads on the bus for a place. I also see commercials for "Covance", which does medical tests, if you're interested in becomming a human lab rat. :bouncy:

#204 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

I just saw one the other day....I wanna say it was by that Wines of the World liquor store on Johnson. but I can't remember exactly where it was.

how much do you get for that any way?

#205 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

I just saw one the other day....I wanna say it was by that Wines of the World liquor store on Johnson. but I can't remember exactly where it was.

how much do you get for that any way?

Back at home I got $20 for the first time and $30 for the second time, and you can go in twice a week. Not sure how much it is here, but the place I went to doesn't have a center within an hour of Madison.

#206 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:43 AM

Back at home I got $20 for the first time and $30 for the second time, and you can go in twice a week. Not sure how much it is here, but the place I went to doesn't have a center within an hour of Madison.

Not too shabby...that covers an electric bill for me.
any side effects from it? dizziness anything like that?

found the place through google:

Badger Plasma Center
319 West Gorham Street
Madison, WI 53703

#207 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:40 AM

Sucks that place doesn't have website, guess I'll have to stop in sometime.

Not too shabby...that covers an electric bill for me.
any side effects from it? dizziness anything like that?

None that I know of, atleast I haven't experience any, they just take a bit of blood out, take out the plasma, put the blood back in and repeat until you've given as much as you can according to your weight. Takes about an hour

#208 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

Anyone get a PS3 pre-order in? I was considering going to the Software etc in West town mall, but decided against it at the last minute. Anyone go there? I was gonna go around 8:30 or 9 to get in line.

Peaked around the corner down State and saw a small mob outside EB at around 9:30.

#209 coltcannon

coltcannon

wisconsin=insomnia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

I drove by the gamestop on mineral point on my way to get clubhouse games from BB. It was right at 10 and there were 12-15 people going inside. I went to watch the ps2 launch at west towne and it was crazy. If I remember someone was actually assaulted after picking thiers up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Games - My DVDs
GamerTag: ColtCannon
PSN: coltcannon

#210 Jeoff

Jeoff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

I have a friend who goes in all the time to give plasma. He said they pay like $20 a visit. Errrr we're in Madison.