Suikoden 4 & Xenosaga 2 $19.99 at bestbuy.com

Link127

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
just did my daily check of these two games, since i've been waiting for them to drop to $20 so i can get them for $15 after McDonalds coupons. They are 19.99 each on the online, so here's hoping they are that much B&M.

Can anyone confirm B&M?

XS2 isn't in stock in any stores near me, so I can't confirm B&M. Any free shipping tricks for BB.com?

Hmmmm.. might get XenoSaga 2 for $15...seems like a good deal, but I never finished the first one. Does this one come with the DVD explaining the first game?

[quote name='Link127']just did my daily check of these two games, since i've been waiting for them to drop to $20 so i can get them for $15 after McDonalds coupons. They are 19.99 each on the online, so here's hoping they are that much B&M.

Can anyone confirm B&M?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but what does B&M mean?

As for those Mcdonalds coupons, they are offering $5 off best buy products? How did you get those coupons?

Thank you.

Search the forums for the coupon, and B&M means "Brick and Mortar" a fancy way of saying "in-store".

[quote name='aoLat']Search the forums for the coupon, and B&M means "Brick and Mortar" a fancy way of saying "in-store".[/QUOTE]

sigh... ah, the sweet smell of n00bs, eh there aoLat?

Um, how would Suikoden 3 be $20 if they don't sell it, and no place but GameStop or EB has them used? Get out of here noobie.

[quote name='0192837465']What are you talking about? :D[/QUOTE]

Um, I dunno, maybe the face that you said you hope sui3 is in stock for $20. Suikoden 3 isn't and hasn't been in stock at Best Buy for years. Don't talk to me like that. :)

Um, I dunno, maybe the face that you said you hope sui3 is in stock for $20. Suikoden 3 isn't and hasn't been in stock at Best Buy for years. Don't talk to me like that

What? Who's face? Where? Did it cost much?

Anyone had any luck with Sui4 at B+M for $20?

Wow, I meant "fact" and please leave here now. We can see that you edited your post, it says it at the bottom, so stop trying to act all cool, everyone here already hates you. Just leave. :)

Wow, I meant "fact" and please leave here now.

Funny...when someone mistypes Sui4 for Sui3 it's such a newb thing...but when you do the exact same thing, mistype, you can't take what you dish out. Go back to sleep, moron.

I've never played a straight RPG game before, but I'd like to start with one of these two since they're $20. Which one should I get? Which is more pick up and play and easy for beginners?

[quote name='tcrash247']I've never played a straight RPG game before, but I'd like to start with one of these two since they're $20. Which one should I get? Which is more pick up and play and easy for beginners?[/QUOTE]

I'd skip them both and find a copy of Final Fantasy X (which is also $20) It's one of the better RPG's this generation, and very newbie friendly.

Yeah, FFX is really good, but I heard Suikoden 4 is easy, but also tedious. I'm definitely going to get XenoSaga 2 if it is $20 B&M because I really like story-driven RPGs which Sui4 is NOT. I also am one of the few that enjoys the long cutscenes featured in XenoSaga 2. :D

I ordered both online, B&M only had S4 instock, but wasn't going to drive there and back to save the 2 dollar shipping charge and 5 on coupon. The gas has forced me to stay at work ;)

Finally both at an affordable price:) Both of them weren't worth the regular price when they came out after reading a few reviews about them. But at this price its my breaking point.;) Thanks OP!

[quote name='subparplasma']I'd skip them both and find a copy of Final Fantasy X (which is also $20) It's one of the better RPG's this generation, and very newbie friendly.[/QUOTE]

2nd. FFX is incredible. That's the game that was responsible for me getting hooked on RPGs (I'd played 'em before, but Final Fantasy X got me utterly and irreversibly hooked).

[quote name='mkelehan']XS2 isn't in stock in any stores near me, so I can't confirm B&M. Any free shipping tricks for BB.com?[/QUOTE]

If there's a BB near you that has the game, just select in store pickup and you can pick it up for free (minus gas and maybe a day of waiting). This is the easiest way to ensure price match. For some retarded reason BB B&M does not match BB online prices. I got into a huge argument with several managers about this. They just won't do it. Idiots.

^^ You should have had them scan it. It might come up differently like the clearanced games did.

[quote name='jshendel']My BB has Xenosaga II for $30 still. Didn't see Suikoden[/QUOTE]
At my local Best Buy (Orem, UT), they usually don't have the price stickers updated right away. I went in at lunch to pick up a Suikoden IV and it was still marked $29.99. It rang up for $19.99. This happens all the time on these kind of price drops.

Most B&M Best Buys will honor the website's price, if you just go to one of their consoles and show it to them. I have done it plenty of times and they just tell me they probably haven't adjusted their prices yet ... then they do it on the spot. Not a big deal. I'd say it's very likely it will work B&M.

At least at my BB, which is all that really matters to me anyway.

Hmm. I played Suik 1 + 2 but skipped 3. I enjoyed the first two but really wasnt THAT impressed but Im kinda dying for an rpg for some reason right now. Maybe ill go ahead and get this since its cheap. Thanks.

If you never played XS1.. I suggest you stay away from 2 until you finish 1. You will not understand the story if you go right into 2.

Should I pick up Suikoden or Xenosaga 2? I haven't played many RPG's in my lifetime. The only ones I have played are the Pokemon RPG's (Gameboy), Star Wars KOTOR, Jade Empire, Phantom Brave, FFTA, Golden Sun 1, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Mega Man X: Command Mission, and Paper Mario 2: Thousand-Year Door. I also have Final Fantasy 1 & 2, but I haven't played them as much. I really wish I had FF7. I only played like 10 mins of it and really enjoyed it. I lost it (with my mem card). I can buy it again, but I'd rather not. Please recommend a PS2 game similar to it.

Please recommend a PS2 RPG (I need more PS2 games lol). Thanks!

Xenosaga 2 was $19.99 a month or two ago when they had a temp price drop on this and Dead to Rights 2 and Death by Degrees. You can actually get Xenosaga 2 for $10 if you get the pricegrabber rebate as well, as I did of course. :D :razz:

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Please recommend a PS2 RPG (I need more PS2 games lol). Thanks![/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy X. It's a greatest hit so it should be easy to find and cheap.

I could use the $5 coupon from this forum right? (The one someone scanned and you can print out, exclusively for ps2 and psp games)

So I could get the games for $15 right?

[quote name='oremites']Final Fantasy X. It's a greatest hit so it should be easy to find and cheap.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll check it out. Also, I'm an FF n00b. Why is the FF games in totally different time periods? I mean, FF I & II (possibly others. Don't know since I haven't played them) seem like its in a very very old time period (hard to explain). And Final Fantasy X-2 is in a more modern time period (pop singing, new technology, modern or advanced weapons)? Anyone please explain this to me. I'm just curious. Oh and please try to explain it in a way where it won't spoil the series for me (even though I don't really know much). Thanks!

Thanks OP. Picked up Suikoden IV at the GSP Best Buy in Paramus for $14.99 +tax after that Mcdonalds coupon. Now to send in Pricegrabber rebate for $9.99 Suiky goodness. :D

[quote name='Escobar4Life'] Why is the FF games in totally different time periods? [/QUOTE]
I've only played FF VII, X and X-2, but I heard that the Final Fantasy games aren't connected. The X-2 game was the first one that was actually a sequel to a previous Final Fantasy.

[quote name='oremites']I've only played FF VII, X and X-2, but I heard that the Final Fantasy games aren't connected. The X-2 game was the first one that was actually a sequel to a previous Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

He's right. They're basically linked with somewhat common music, like the winning a battle theme, and certain characters or names of characters are sprinkled throughout each FF game, which is neat for fans. Did you know it was named Final Fantasy because it was Square's last game they would put out before they went bankrupt?! Now Square is rolling in the dough! :D

Damn it WTF. I checked the website for store avaiability, and it say all the stores near me have it. Today I checked again and all of them went to "Unavaiable." WTF!

[quote name='mgsvr']Damn it WTF. I checked the website for store avaiability, and it say all the stores near me have it. Today I checked again and all of them went to "Unavaiable." WTF![/QUOTE]

Don't trust the website AT ALL for availability. When I heard about the big sale they were having, I went to my local BB around my college and asked my mom back at home to check the one there, neither one had the games even though the availabilty said they had everything I looked up in stock. My mom asked one of the guys who worked there, he had no idea why it was coming up like that.

I ordered XS II a few hours ago, thanks a bunch for this tip, I'd been wanting a good deal on that game for a while now. :)

You ordered one through online? How much does everybody get theirs? I got it for $23.68, felt like a rip off. Should have wait for EBgames for 1 or 2 dollars cheaper, but oh well...I don't have any games to play beside Shadow Hearts 2.

I really think I'm going to get Suikoden IV, since I, II, and III are hard to find now, only reason I want to get it is to have it so I won't be searching for it after I get II and III. I have I, and haven't beaten that yet, so it'll be a while until I get to play IV.

bread's done
Back