Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2) $20 at EBgames.com

Oohhh snap, nice find Cheapy. Anyone know if this is going to be a universal price drop? Rather save even more by buying it at BB with the $5 off coupon.

Caught this one yesterday, and now I'm debating on using one of my rebates to get that game or katamari... although the debate comes in when I think about getting them for $15 instead of $20

[quote name='Sway']Oohhh snap, nice find Cheapy. Anyone know if this is going to be a universal price drop? Rather save even more by buying it at BB with the $5 off coupon.[/QUOTE]
It's been $15 at Kmart during the blue light sale the past few times.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']It's been $15 at Kmart during the blue light sale the past few times.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I haven't seen any at my local Kmarts but thanks for the lookout.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Caught this one yesterday, and now I'm debating on using one of my rebates to get that game or katamari... although the debate comes in when I think about getting them for $15 instead of $20[/QUOTE]

personally, i'd go with Katamari. or you should wait and get We Love Katamari. save up like $10 in the meantime.

Great great game IMO. Just a lot of fun, and brings back the classic gameplay. Would be nice if the computer didn't always use the ultra souped up SFII characters (don't remember which version at the moment), but it's still fun to play. Also, the included SFIII makes this collection worth it alone. A near perfect, if not perfect, translation to PS2 of the arcade/dreamcast port.

[quote name='urzishra14']its 14.99 at WM (YMMV I know ) but check there first.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot for the tip, man. I got the last one at the Walmart on Army Trail in Bloomingdale, IL. I couldn't find this at the TRU sale, so this makes me very happy. Finally a good use for my SF Controller! Thank you, urzishra, and CheapyD, who should get at least some props for every single deal anyone gets from this site.

[quote name='c']Thanks a lot for the tip, man. I got the last one at the Walmart on Army Trail in Bloomingdale, IL. I couldn't find this at the TRU sale, so this makes me very happy. Finally a good use for my SF Controller! Thank you, urzishra, and CheapyD, who should get at least some props for every single deal anyone gets from this site.[/QUOTE]
you're welcome.. now if i can find a xbox copy for 20 i'll be happy.

3rd Strike is the most polished, cohesive SF game ever, imo. By cohesive, I mean it doesn't just feel like they imported a bunch of different 2d character art from other Capcom games (because they didn't); everything is quite well put together, rather artistically. Also, I continue to be very impressed by the soundtrack, which has always been a favorite part of SF for me. I love how the music changes to a different verse each round.

The SF2 game itself (is it just called anniversary edition? I can't remember...) is OK, but to me it's more fun for nostalgia than for actually playing. There's some definite balance issues, and unless you're the hardest of hardcore, why bother playing SF2 Ryu versus SSF2T anyone else? The movie's a nice touch, but I've never watched it to completion.

In short, I'd say it's worth picking up, especially if you have pals around to play it with. Personally I don't find the lack of online in the PS2 version to be too big an issue, since I still have nightmares of playing CvS2 with the Xbox pad...but I'm sure that's a minority view.

[quote name='cag1125']:shock:

Holy crap! Can anyone tell me if that site's reliable? Haven't bought from them before...[/QUOTE]They're very good. I've bought an import DS and games from them before.

Going to have to spring for it at $20.

Does anyone have one of the special edition arcade sticks or 6 button street fighter PS2 controllers they released when the game came out? Are either controllers worth it?

[quote name='banpeikun']They're very good. I've bought an import DS and games from them before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input!

If I could find a good enough deal on the SF Xbox controllers, I would bite. I've been meaning to get this game, but I could just never bring myself to pay for this and a good controller to play it with.

Its also $20 on Xbox at EB B&M. You have a 98% chance of getting a display copy, though.

I just wanted to say that apparently EB is still giving away the bonus item with new SF:AC cause when I got mine the other day I got the Ryu figure with the game.

bread's done
Back