Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC) $20 new, $13.50 shipped free USED AC at EB

[quote name='klwillis45'] Cursed backwards buttons!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if the xbox verison has customizable controls?[/QUOTE]
Haha... you get used to them after a little while, but it is still annoying. Annoyingly worth it.

[quote name='botticus']Haha... you get used to them after a little while, but it is still annoying. Annoyingly worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah until I get in a tight spot. I can't undo all that childhood programming. If xbox is right I'll have to trade my cube version in.

[quote name='klwillis45']Yeah until I get in a tight spot. I can't undo all that childhood programming. If xbox is right I'll have to trade my cube version in.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... maybe thats why when Cutman got me into a corner on my first time through I kept jumping around...

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... maybe thats why when Cutman got me into a corner on my first time through I kept jumping around...[/QUOTE]I found MMAC (GC) on clearance at Target for $14.98. There were a couple more copies at the one I went to. So slightly better deal if your local target has it.

Yeah I was tricked into buying the terrible cube version of this because of the inclusion of a free mario figure at gamerush, sure the mario is amazingly awesome but the gamecube version of this game is unplayable (for me at least). Especially once you get the charge gun, charging and jumping is so annoying on the gamecube control set up.

[quote name='klwillis45'] Cursed backwards buttons!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if the xbox verison has customizable controls?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the xbox version has four different control schemes.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']IIRC, the xbox version has four different control schemes.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to need to get that version then, or else ps2, I really love megaman.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Yeah I was tricked into buying the terrible cube version of this because of the inclusion of a free mario figure at gamerush, sure the mario is amazingly awesome but the gamecube version of this game is unplayable (for me at least). Especially once you get the charge gun, charging and jumping is so annoying on the gamecube control set up.[/QUOTE]Yeah, apparently the buttons are inverted (A shoot, B jump), but load times are much faster!!

Avoid the Gamecube version.

I got it at release ($15 after Target raincheck . . . man, I miss those!) and defended it at first . . . "not that bad to play."

I was wrong, not only is it hard because of your memories of the old button config . . . but it is now unintuitive. The GC had a better bonus than the PS2 . . . G4's documentary about MM over a cartoon. The Xbox version came out months later with both.

Anyway, traded mine in to EB for $13.33 in credit (PSP game deal in March) and got the Xbox version used from the site for $13.50 ac.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']if only someone can figure out an action replay code to switch the buttons[/QUOTE]

Or maybe Capcom can stop working on the GBA Megaman Collection, just re-release the real GCN version. What the hell?!? How much did Sony give to Capcom to screw over the GCN version. It just doesn't make sense.

I gave the GCN version a shot, but like someone mentioned earlier, I couldnt undo all that childhood programming. IT was easy enough on simple parts, but when things got hairy I'd always die because B IS SHOOT AND A IS JUMP, PEOPLE!!!! That's the way it's always been, why fuck with it now? Why they reversed that, and didn't allow even a simple control scheme switch, is completely beyond me.

My bf played a lot of Megaman as a kid too, but he got used to the inverted buttons really quickly, so I don't think it'll be that big of an issue for some people. It is kinda lame that it's not configurable though.

Yeah, I didn't have too many problems with the inverted controls either, though I do think there should have been different control options.

I might get the xbox version eventually if it emulates better than the ps2 version.

When it first came out I bought the GC version since the series started on Nintendo (BTW it's GC, not GCN. The system is NOT called Gamecube Nintendo) Sold it after a week and got the PS2 version.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']When it first came out I bought the GC version since the series started on Nintendo (BTW it's GC, not GCN. The system is NOT called Gamecube Nintendo) Sold it after a week and got the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

It actually is GCN...though it is not GameCube Nintendo.

http://www.nintendo.com/systemsgcn

bread's done
Back