Getting written up at work.

Graystone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I go to work everyday and I do my job. I never really slack around. I like doing work cause it keeps you busy and your shift goes quickly. So today the two people above me. Call me to the managers office for a coaching (getting written up)

They tell me my attendance is bad I have missed 2 days in 7 weeks. So the just keep repeating that my attendance is bad. Ok your point I missed a few days it happens.
They keep going on with the same stuff about the my attendance is bad they wrote me and made me go to a meeting cause of 2 days. So finally I try to change it around and I tell them that I do my job. I just get bored and that is why I missed two days. I did not want to go to work and be bored as all hell. So I ask to transfer to a busy department and they say no. I am needed in my department. My manager goes on and says that people electronics are paid the most of most associate positions in the store. $6.85 an hour high salary :roll: .

Me and one other guy are the only people in electronics that know anything. If any technical question comes up the customer is pointed in our direction. So how are we special I work with 5 other people that know nothing. I tell them I would like to be a stocker or something that would keep me busy all day and they again say no.

So I have to sign a piece of paper. That I will never hurt people again because my being absent hurts customers and the people I work with. yea WTF I can see how it hurts my coworkers if they have to come in on their day off but on my 2 absences no one did cause both days we were overstaffed anyway.

I look at it like I was wrote up because I did not have the walmart spirit because I am not proud I work at walmart. Like the people that proudly wear the 15 years of service name badge and they are just a stocker or janitor. At least at my old job after some many years you got jewels on your name badge. Like 5 years was a ruby, 10 years was a emerald and 15 or so I think was a diamond on you name badge. I have no problem working but its really sad place to work when you and almost everyone in the break-room are looking at the classifieds for a new job.

So anyone else been wrote up for something this stupid?

[quote name='Graystone']I like doing work cause it keeps you busy and your shift goes quickly.[/quote]

[quote name='Graystone'] I just get bored and that is why I missed two days. I did not want to go to work and be bored as all hell.[/quote]

So which is it?

You don't like your job? Quit. Stop crying like a little fuckin pussy that some asshat at Walmart doesn't like your attendance record.

[quote name='Scorch']So which is it?[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that I like doing work. I like staying busy, but at my job there is nothing to do. At my job after you clean the section and no trucks are bringing product you have nothing to do so you end up standing around for 6 hours. Until some truck comes and brings stuff or some kids mess up the department.

listen, you work at walmart.

unless you dropped out of school, or something horrible like that, you have a future...

so don't sweat it dude.

Are you talking like didnt show up to work and didnt call to say your not going to make it? -Or missed two sick days? Cause 2 sick days with a call shouldn't get you in trouble. That seems harsh.
If its 2 just didnt show up without a call days, be lucky they didnt fire you.

[quote name='JimmieMac']You don't like your job? Quit. Stop crying like a little fuckin pussy that some asshat at Walmart doesn't like your attendance record.[/QUOTE]

Did you not read the part about me looking for a new job everyday. I was not bitching I was asking has anyone else been written up for something stupid. After my last job it took me 4 months to get a job. I don't live in the best city for people with only high school diplomas.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Are you talking like didnt show up to work and didnt call to say your not going to make it? -Or missed two sick days? Cause 2 sick days with a call shouldn't get you in trouble. That seems harsh.
[/QUOTE]

Nope I called in both times and told them that I would not be there I told them once I had the shits and one time that I had to go to a viewing both were lies but I called off.

[quote name='varsitygamer']listen, you work at walmart.

unless you dropped out of school, or something horrible like that, you have a future...

so don't sweat it dude.[/QUOTE]

I didn't drop out. I graduated high school. But I work in a industrial city so the two biggest jobs markets is retail or factory work. and for some reason here to get a job in one of the factory's you have to know people to get in. It's really crazy. I live in a city were a factory job is consider a career.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Are you talking like didnt show up to work and didnt call to say your not going to make it? -Or missed two sick days? Cause 2 sick days with a call shouldn't get you in trouble. That seems harsh.
[/QUOTE]

Nope I called in both times and told them that I would not be there I told them once I had the shits and one time that I had to go to a viewing both were lies but I called off.

[quote name='varsitygamer']listen, you work at walmart.

so don't sweat it dude.[/QUOTE]

I didn't drop out. I graduated high school. But I work in a industrial city so the two biggest jobs markets is retail or factory work. and for some reason here to get a job in one of the factory's you have to know people to get in. It's really crazy. I live in a city were a factory job is consider a career.

I remember working at sears. I could have kept busy all day, mainly cause I worked in clothes and there were always clothes to put away. But since I hated working there, I took every excust not to work, and didn't even wear my name tag because I found that customers never bothered me outside of the cashier area without it. The best part though was breaks. If you worked 4 hours you got a half hour break, 6 hours got you a half hour and a 15 minute, and 8 got you 2 half hours or a half hour and 2 15's (can't remember which). The thing was that, since you didn't punch out, everyone doubled their break time (hour and half hour instead of 30 and 15 minutes). No one ever cared, no one was ever reprimanded. It was normal unless they were low of staff (a rarity) or super busy. Though being in a mall probably helped, since you disappeared on break, it's not like you were stuck in a break room where the people in charge saw you sitting there for an hour.

They were also very flexible in hours, though my manager was even moreso because he hated it and kept saying he was going to quite, and he was the type of person who, since he hated his job, he didn't care what the hell his employees did. 3 years later I still see him in that store though.

I never got written up (I don't think sears does that though) or had anyone say anything negative about my work the whole time I was there.

I use to work at wal-mart and got a couple of write ups. Hmm was it the eating on the floor while working, bringing a portable dvd player and watching it, giving away a bottle or two of formula to a lady who couldent afford to feed her starving baby, and i almost forgot about ramming shopping carts into car, which was not my fault. There write ups mean nothing, and I made 7.50 after only working there for 3 months.

[quote name='gamefan1686']I use to work at wal-mart and got a couple of write ups. Hmm was it the eating on the floor while working, bringing a portable dvd player and watching it, giving away a bottle or two of formula to a lady who couldent afford to feed her starving baby, and i almost forgot about ramming shopping carts into car, which was not my fault. There write ups mean nothing, and I made 7.50 after only working there for 3 months.[/QUOTE]

Their is one guy that sells the cell phones and he had like 15 absents and 87 tardies. not a word was ever said to him until one person that got pissed he got away with so much said something. I was their and the manager looked at him and said be on time and quit being absent alright. So he said alright and that was it. He still works their.

I got written up for something really stupid before at Best Buy. I dont even remeber what is was, oh wait yes i do. They wrote me up for not taking a break.....WTF. I was the only person working in the whole media department because of 2 call outs, and they had me down for fucking code 1(back up cashier). That night was awful, we have a pretty big section and a pretty big store, and all i kept getting was people from other departments, who had nothing to do, come at me to help a customer find a simple thing like a dvd.

Anywho, just quit when you can. If your really special like they say, you gotta teach them that they dont give you shit or your out the door.

[quote name='Graystone']Their is one guy that sells the cell phones and he had like 15 absents and 87 tardies. not a word was ever said to him until one person that got pissed he got away with so much said something. I was their and the manager looked at him and said be on time and quit being absent alright. So he said alright and that was it. He still works their.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that you missed 2 days in the last 7 weeks, or that you have worked there for 7 weeks and have missed a total of 2 days?

It would be kind of excessive to talk to you if you had just missed 2 days in 7 weeks, but if those were your first seven weeks of work, it kind of makes sense.

[quote name='Weedy649']I got written up for something really stupid before at Best Buy. I dont even remeber what is was, oh wait yes i do. They wrote me up for not taking a break.....WTF. I was the only person working in the whole media department because of 2 call outs, and they had me down for fucking code 1(back up cashier). That night was awful, we have a pretty big section and a pretty big store, and all i kept getting was people from other departments, who had nothing to do, come at me to help a customer find a simple thing like a dvd.

Anywho, just quit when you can. If your really special like they say, you gotta teach them that they dont give you shit or your out the door.[/QUOTE]

You got wrote up for Not taking a break!! fuck that!!

look for a new job, i know its hard but if u dont like where u work then just quit, unless u got bills or kids then u dont need to be working at wal mart, thats one of the last options if u cant find another job, wal-mart and fast food, i would suggest looking in employment guides, i dont know if they got them there but i usually see them for free on the streets and about every store i go to, even check craiglist, i got 3 jobs offers from email ppl my resume on craiglist, now i have a pretty good job, $9/hr starting with $1 raise in a yr, free 250 channel direcTV, and i get to use the internet during my 1 hr lunch and 15 min breaks, free coffee(i hate coffee), and we have raffles for prizes like every month and get bonuses for being a good worker

and if u got wrote up for a break it maybe cuz u didnt clock out and added another 30 mins or whatever to ur paycheck, if thats not it then ur managers are assholes

I have gotten in trouble for not taking breaks before, it all has to do with labor laws and they are worried you will get them in trouble.
Same thing with lunches, every place I have worked at will give you a lot of crap if you dont take your lunch break on a long shift.

You're punished if you're a good worker. For many reasons.

If you show up on time, get your shit done and are overall consistently golden, you get no praises for your efforts -- as that is what's expected. People who are late and don't do their fucking job don't get bitched at, because they're doing what's expected of them -- nothing.

Now, if you mess up once, the world crashes on your fucking head because that's not what's expected of you.

Another thing, you get punished for doing a good job when Joe Blow and Jane Suck call in sick (which is ok, because that's what's expect of them), and you have to do their shit (because that's what's expected of you).

To excel in life, or at least hold a job, you have to be a lazy motherfucker.

[quote name='Brak']You're punished if you're a good worker. For many reasons.

If you show up on time, get your shit done and are overall consistently golden, you get no praises for your efforts -- as that is what's expected. People who are late and don't do their fucking job don't get bitched at, because they're doing what's expected of them -- nothing.

Now, if you mess up once, the world crashes on your fucking head because that's not what's expected of you.

Another thing, you get punished for doing a good job when Joe Blow and Jane Suck call in sick (which is ok, because that's what's expect of them), and you have to do their shit (because that's what's expected of you).

To excel in life, or at least hold a job, you have to be a lazy motherfucker.[/QUOTE]

Word.

hahaha clean my department, I've never been in a walmart and seen someone cleaning a department, your lucky if you even see anyone besides a greeter, cashiers and the weird old guy named Walt in the sporting goods department.

First rule of working for a corporation. never sign anything. there isn't a damn thing they can do about it either that wouldn't open up litigation. never sign anything, if they want documentation to fire you they will have to use their own internal stuff which you can fight in court. signing it legitimizes their rules. and makes you look like a guilty retard. if you were absent you don't have to provide an excuse to anybody either. i work for a company that uses that crap to fire hundreds of people and idiots everyday sign their jobs away over dumb stuff. people at my job have been fired for not saying one right word all because they were dumb enough to sign something saying they would agree to not say the word wrong. screw that i am not a damn computer i make mistakes just like everyone else and until they can prove they are perfect then they can screw off. they can't sign it for you either that would be falsifying documentation which is a federal offense in some situations.

i get so ticked at retarded mess like this

ahh...the good old write up. i have a story about that. back at the start of this year i got written up at work for the dumbest crap. i was pissed because i knew it was just a scare tactic my manager was using, as i was too valuable to the department to fire. i'll make a long story short by saying that a couple of weeks later i was thinking about going back to school and within a day, by coincidence, my grandparents called me to ask if i was still interested in film school. i've been unemployed since june 1st and enjoying school since june 27th. it's the best thing that ever happened to me. this time next year i will be done with school and hopefully working on films. my advice to you, and anyone that doesn't like their jobs is simple...figure out what you want to do with your life and make it happen. factory jobs and retail are great for some people, but you shouldn't gauge your aspirations on those around you. i could be making great money at my old job if i wanted to move into management, but i would have loathed it and been miserable. if you really liked your job you wouldn't have missed 2 days due to boredom.

[quote name='Brak']You're punished if you're a good worker. For many reasons.

To excel in life, or at least hold a job, you have to be a lazy motherfucker.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree.

At my old job, I was the only one that did anything. I got called into my bosses office because of this shit once. There was this one girl, who was "in charge" of ordering supplies. Soon after I started working there I took that over from her because I was the one working with the supplies, I knew where they all went, I knew when we were getting low, and I was the only one that price checked anything to make sure we weren't getting screwed.

Anyway, one week whe decided to actually get off her ass and do some ordering (because the cute sales rep was there), and of course she didn't tell me, she just took the order tags.

So the supplies come two days later, but there is a certain box that is missing. We really needed these supplies because we were running extremely low on them. I checked the order form, and it was not on there as being ordered or backordered, and I checked the computer as well with no results. So being the good worker I am, I sprung into action and ordered a box. Two days later, the box she ordered came in, and two days after that, the one I ordered showed up. So we had one box extra, of something we use quite often. No big whoop.

My co-workers are so fucking moronic. I seriously felt like I was in Office Space. She gets upset and comes up to me saying, "I already ordered those." So I told her the situation, we were very low, they didn't look like they had been ordered, we'll use them anyway. "But I had already ordered them." Yes I know, but it didn't show up, and I didn't know what you ordered. "But they're cheaper if we order them on Tuesdays." Yes, I know, I've been ordering supplies for a while now. But they weren't on the order form as being ordered. And we needed them. "But I had already ordered them." :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: This goes on for a while, and goes on once more with one other girl that works there that knows nothing about ordering, she's just friends with the other girl. So the girl that ordered them apologizes and blames her moodiness on her period. It was BS, but whatever.

Get called into the boss' office. He says that she told him we had a problem with ordering. :bomb: I explain it to him, and he actually understands because he's not a complete fucking moron. He eventually just laughs it off becaues she's dumb.

I get called into his office again later. This time she complained that she's upset because she thinks I constantly check up on her, especially when she's doing the ordering. So, I explain to him how I've been doing the ordering for the past couple years, how I'm the only one that price checks, and how the only time she orders anything is when the cute sales rep comes in. He said that she feels only one of us should do the ordering and asks what I think should happen, and I told him that either way, I'd be the one ordering because she only would do it when the sales rep comes in, so nothing really needs to be done about it. I told him that I could just price check everything before the rep comes in to make sure she doesn't order anything she's not supposed to. He laughed and agreed.

Damn I hated those people. :bomb:

I don't ever wanna work retail after hearing the horror stories from everyone. Someone from here should write a script like "Waiting..." and call it "Retail..." Lots of good stories for that.

Thank God I'm an independent contractor. :)

You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there Bryan, why don't you make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?

[quote name='javeryh']You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there Bryan, why don't you make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?[/QUOTE]

Look... people don't just come here to CAG for the deals... they come here because of the great community. If you think that the flair you have is sufficient, that's fine. But I won't discourage you from having more.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Look... people don't just come here to CAG for the deals... they come here because of the great community. If you think that the flair you have is sufficient, that's fine. But I won't discourage you from having more.[/QUOTE]

Office Space you got to love it. Too many things to be quoted that can be used over and over again that are so funny. :rofl:

If you have worked at Wal-Mart for less than 90 days, than you're lucky you received a coaching. They have the option to terminate your employment without reason during your probation period. You need to look out for number one & not worry about what other people are "getting away with." Go to work on time or pay the price. It's that fucking simple.

I almost got written up because my cash drawer was off by a large amount, as usual. It always turns out to be a shaq fuing screw up by the managers that mess around with my drawer. I refuse to sign any of the closing cash drawer sheets unless I know for a fact that I really am over or short and not just someone else's fault.

As for boredom, it is really slow during the week so I get to do homework in the box office. If I were in concession or at ushers post then I'd just have to clean until I fall asleep standing up.

On the weekends (including Fridays) it is very busy ans stressful and I never get any weekends or days in the weekend off, not even today which is my birthday (and we have a meeting tommorow at 8 am after I close at 2 am tonight!!). I hate my job but due to my leg I'm stuck here. They want me in concession when my leg heals which may never happen to the extent that I can do concession and even if it did I'm going to shaq fu them over and get a better job the instant I can walk again.

My main priority is school, which is actually not going so well since I'm stuck in a situation where I have to take 5 classes plus a science lab every semester. I really suck at math, so if any of you know how to do Analytical Geometry and Calculus I could always use some help with that.

I think we can all agree that retail sucks ass. Much better to be a buyer than a seller.

As for being written up, my fathers being messed with by some people in his union. He's got thirty years without a blemish. But recently he was prooted to President and offered a stake in a company. Some people in the union who don't know him became jealous and put up a bunch of bogus charges against him. It's disappointing. But he's going to have to fight it.

He had the trial last night and just on the face of it many charegs got dropped. But there are still a bunch more that he'll probably be found guilty on. tThen he has to take it up on appeal and also take it up with the National Relations Board.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']You got wrote up for Not taking a break!! fuck that!![/QUOTE]

There are legal reasons for that. By law, you have to provide employees who work a certain amount of hours on a shift a break. They could get in mucho trouble if someone were to file a claim against them for not allowing breaks. Thus, the writeup. It was probably excessive to write them up when a "warning" could have done the trick, but that was likley the reason.

[quote name='Weedy649']I got written up for something really stupid before at Best Buy. I dont even remeber what is was, oh wait yes i do. They wrote me up for not taking a break.....WTF. I was the only person working in the whole media department because of 2 call outs, and they had me down for fucking code 1(back up cashier). That night was awful, we have a pretty big section and a pretty big store, and all i kept getting was people from other departments, who had nothing to do, come at me to help a customer find a simple thing like a dvd.

Anywho, just quit when you can. If your really special like they say, you gotta teach them that they dont give you shit or your out the door.[/QUOTE]

The thing is... if he did take a break they'd bitch about slacking while there was so much work to do. There is no winning when you work retail.

One day when I used to work at Walmart, we got in about 15 pallets of frozen food. (super walmart). We could only fit 8 in our cooler. One other person and myself managed to get them all stocked on the floor and crammed into the cooler before they all melted. However, our manager told us we should have done it faster because the pallets in the middle of the dock were inconveniencing.

Getting written up for missing two days is not stupid. If I did the same thing and didn't have a damn good excuse, I'd be fired.

Quit being such a fucking whiner.

Reading this thread reminded me of the jobs I had in High School and College. It makes my current job quite a bit more tolerable.

Um, am I the only person that thinks the obvious answer is MOVE?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't ever wanna work retail after hearing the horror stories from everyone. Someone from here should write a script like "Waiting..." and call it "Retail..." Lots of good stories for that.[/QUOTE]

seen clerks or office space? there are plenty of movies already made that have people bitching about retail and/or corporate work.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Um, am I the only person that thinks the obvious answer is MOVE?[/QUOTE]

That is usually easier said than done. I would agree though.

[quote name='darkmere']seen clerks or office space? there are plenty of movies already made that have people bitching about retail and/or corporate work.[/QUOTE]

Of course I've seen those. But it doesn't stop Hollywood from churning out similar movies. I think that some of these stories CAGs have would be great in a movie.

In the corps they have a saying, "You're not a Marine until you have a page 11". That means you got written up for something. I have many. Don't stress it kido. Conflict is fun.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Um, am I the only person that thinks the obvious answer is MOVE?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking- start making day trips to apply for jobs/interview in other towns, and move into town the second you get one.

(Now, I'd personally consider getting together some fake snot, eyedrops, and red eye makeup. Make yourself look like you've got that bird flu killing people over in Indonesia, and ask EVERY customer if you cna help them. Sneeze and cough a lot. When your bosses inevitably pull you aside, tell them in a stuffed-up voice that you did sign that paper promising not to miss work, becuase it's hurtful and you don't want to be hurtful. They'll probably send you home for a couple days. :D )

bread's done
Back