Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2)$6.99 New at EB & X-Files now $4.99

Is it me or is Ebgames.com really trying to get rid of their stock of decent games. Also, OP someone just added a list of these to the Haven thread.

[quote name='Vegan']RE Outbreak is getting cheaper by the day, it must be as terrible as they say.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's really not bad at all. It's "old school" Resident Evil gameplay to be sure, but the graphics and control are on-par with Code Veronica. Online play could have been better if Capcom had included Socom headset support, but it's still fun.

The load times aren't bad at all if you have the HDD peripheral, and it works with HDLoader and HDAdvance as well (if you don't have the official Sony HDD).

Well, dammit, by the time I saw this both were OOS. I've been eyeing X-Files at $10 for 2 days, guess I should have bought it...

[quote name='sanjuro']crap, I took too long picking out a filler SAVER item and now it's OOS. live and learn, hopefully it'll come back in stock soon and syphon filter won't go OOS.

BTW, it's elegible for a $5.00 price grabber rebate bringing it down to $2.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=1846588/search=resident+evil[/QUOTE]

I advise making a list of saver items, so that next time its in stock, you will be ready to go

[quote name='whitereflection']Is RE Outbreak fun if I don't plan to play online?[/QUOTE]

No. I'm a huge RE fan, but after playing my brother's copy of this game, I found it to be complete crap.

[quote name='whitereflection']Crap, I would love these games for $5. Is RE Outbreak fun if I don't plan to play online?[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you find fun. In RE:O you will pick a character, and then you will be assigned two partner characters that will be controlled by the computer. They really aren't helpful and their constant jabbering might get on your nerves. The gameplay is not like your usual RE game. This game has scenarios that you unlock, and play through. Most of them don't last more than 20-30 min once you get good at them, with the exception of a couple later on. After completing a scenario you get points to unlock stuff. The game is really all about replability and arcade style action. It can be ok for a change of pace, but be warned it's not your usual RE like 1-3, CV:X, etc.

EDIT:Oh and be forewarned that if you don't have the HDD addon, be prepared to wait up to 30 seconds while you go between rooms. I am not kidding.

Picked up X-files for $4.99 (got Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear for PS1 for $1.27 for free shipping).

My wife loved the TV series - but she's not much of a gamer - but for $5 might as well see if she likes it.

Is X-files still PO at ebgames B&M if she doesn't (it's not on the 8/26 POX list)? Thanks!

EDIT - Also what do people do with the shipping fodder games? Is there any trade-in value at any store?

[quote name='cheapfrag']...what do people do with the shipping fodder games? Is there any trade-in value at any store?[/QUOTE]

These games are worth next to nothing, which is why they sell for next to nothing. As a result, your best bet is to pick shipping fodder that you might actually want to play at some point. Otherwise, simply give it to a friend or family member, or donate it to charity. Hey, at least it was cheaper than paying $2 shipping. :D

[quote name='cheapfrag
EDIT - Also what do people do with the shipping fodder games? Is there any trade-in value at any store?[/QUOTE']

I was wondering the same thing. I thought about taking them to Gamecrazy (I have never been to one before) but I figured that since most of the games are disc only and not valueable at all, I thought I would get maybe $0.10 - $0.25 a game which isn't worth the trouble.

[quote name='Drizzt']In RE:O you will pick a character, and then you will be assigned two partner characters that will be controlled by the computer.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that RE: O F#2?

Of course, they're practically the same game.

All of them are OOS already. $%!T......

Oh well, at least I managed to order X-Files:ROS for $9.99 a few days ago.

Dammit. I wanted RE:OB, too. *sighs* ;;

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Isn't that RE: O F#2? Of course, they're practically the same game.[/QUOTE]

No, RE:O F#2 actually allows you to pick your computer-controlled teammates in single player mode. The original RE:O assigned you set teammates based on the central character you chose.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Anyone know how xfiles is? And don't point me to gamerankings or IGN. I want someone who has actually played it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good Silent Hill/Resident Evil Clone. For $20 it's a steal, so I imagine $5 would be even better.

Metal Arms is so worth the $5, and RE:O is a must-have at that price. Yeah the loadtimes without the HDD are pretty bad, but nothing PSP owners can't stomach ;)

d00d, i think alot of people missed that offer, or maybe it hasn't always been up. but if you buy RE: 0 #1, you get $10 off #2. seriously check the link!

Is there anyway to use the Ebgames.com search for NEW games like they have for Pre-played games? I want to be able to see all the NEW games (new as in not pre-played) for a given console sorted by price. Thanks!

EDIT - nm - I think I figured it out.

bread's done
Back