CAGHL 2k6: weeks 1-12 - do NOT post in this thread

thatstoobad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

this is the old thread. i made a new one since the league is half over and this thread has gotten pretty large. find the other one and post in there. thanks.

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers
jaket - ottawa senators
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

play by dates will be enforced. last season took a lot longer than it should have because i was lenient on it, bu[t this year i won't be. sorry.

I call Flyers.
I think you should make it clear that only serious players need apply. If you can't consistantly handle playing one game a week, don't bother signing up.

I'm in of course....I am tempted to be someone besides the Devils, but I can't bring myself to do it. I'll take NJ.

Are we waiting a bit so the rosters are updated with the rookies?

I like the best of 5 playoffs....pretty cool.

riVal laVir
New York Rangers

One note, I'm going on vacation the first week of November. I'll be out o' town from Oct. 30 to Nov 7. If that's a problem, well...then, you can all just piss right the hell off. Or don't let me join, whichever works best.

[quote name='CheapyD']whats the story with updated rosters? Do they exist yet?[/QUOTE]
They are updates as far as the new free agent signings, but they don't include rookies like Crosby, Carter, or Parise yet.

[quote name='CheapyD']I call Flyers.
I think you should make it clear that only serious players need apply. If you can't consistantly handle playing one game a week, don't bother signing up.[/QUOTE]
quoted for emphasis.

[quote name='CheapyD']whats the story with updated rosters? Do they exist yet?[/QUOTE]
right now, the rosters are pretty up to date, but aren't 100%. like someone said, the rookies aren't on there yet and i've noticed a few trades/signings not updated. i'm hoping that by the time we get this thing going, they'll have had another roster update.

[quote name='Tojo']I would like the Red Wings. That is, if you don't call them.[/QUOTE]
hey, i'm sorry, but i'm watching the wings game and i'm totally taking them. i've wanted to be the home team for a while now, and they're looking pretty darn good. it's lame of me, i know. hopefully you'll still choose a different team and play.

Well, my second favorite team is gone (Anaheim) so I guess I'll have to do the unthinkable. I call COLORADO!!

[quote name='repetske']Atlanta Thrashers please. All the way to the cup![/QUOTE]

Man...beat me to them! I'll take Tampa Bay.

Well, if Thatstoobad doesnt take the Blues, I'll take them. If he does still want them, I'll go with the Panthers. Glad to see most everyone who went the whole first season back for this year.

Since it looks like the Blues haev been taken, I'd like to join as my new hometown team, the Los Angeles Kings.

Also, I owe you all an explanation. I joined the preseason tournament, but almost 3 weeks ago (as of Friday) my family decided to move without warning. It had been discussed, but aparently they decided to buy a house they found and my stuff was being boxed and bagged by the time I got home that Friday. The phone and internet connections were off, and I still don't have broadband since we had to switch from SBC to Verizon DSL. I'm using my friend's dialup.

I should have net access in the next couple days, though, and I'd really like to join.

I love to be in the league this year and finish the season. I had freezing problems last year with 2K5. Give me the Chicago Blackhawks XBL: BigMes

Count me in...
GT: xMETHx
Team : The MONTREAL CANADIENS

thatstoobad, nice disclaimer on the first post.

[quote name='ajh2298']Lets cut it off at 20 teams, in one of these leagues the more owners the more problems.[/QUOTE]
good idea, good idea, and that means we can start sooner too!

Ive been playing online since it came out... Id love to be in a league:

Tag: KeyserSoze17
Team: Buffalo Sabres

Thanks.

Oh, and as for settings, good call on All-Star. Too many ridiculous scores on Pro...and thats usually all people wanna play!

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you have any thought on the sliders yet? And if you do can you post them, so we can try them out.[/QUOTE]
i really haven't messed with the sliders at all since i started playing the game, so if you have any suggestions i'd be gald to see them and try them out.

and as far as cutting the league off at 20, i'm more than fine with that, but i would like to see how many people are interested and also give everyone from last year's league (who played their games) a chance to come back. but yeah, we know how the larger the teams the more the problems, last year we had to scrap the first iteration of the league because we had a player for every team, and a few people decided not to bother playing.

plus, that also gives us the chance to have alternates, in case someone needs to drop from the league.

[quote name='thatstoobad']plus, that also gives us the chance to have alternates, in case someone needs to drop from the league.[/QUOTE]

Alternates rule! That's how I got in last year.

[quote name='repetske']Alternates rule! That's how I got in last year.[/QUOTE]
Yeah me too, and with a good team to boot.

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you have any thought on the sliders yet? And if you do can you post them, so we can try them out.[/QUOTE]I vote against the Momentum system. Its uber lame.

what system are you playing this on? cuz if it is ps2 I am interested in! if it's xbox, then please pass this post by...

Hopefully we'll get to use the rookies this year... My copy isn't here yet, but are the rosters going to cut off again at a certain number and not let you choose your reserves, like last year? I had some guys I would have wanted to use that didn't make it to my roster.

This is on Xbox Live, btw.

[quote name='CheapyD']I vote against the Momentum system. Its uber lame.[/QUOTE]

Yeah shut that off along with speed burst on after fight, I would leave the offense, defense, and goalie sliders alone.

Also the penalty shot slider should be turned way down maybe 1 or 2 clicks. All the other penalties should also be turned way down.

Speed burst effect and duration should be lowered alot also, and fatiuge should be turned up so the third and fourth line have to play alot.

All the other penalties should also be turned way down.

Watch out with that one. Turn the penalty slider too far down and you get NHL 2005. Hard checks, interference and a complete lack of realistic defense.

[quote name='fxrival']Watch out with that one. Turn the penalty slider too far down and you get NHL 2005. Hard checks, interference and a complete lack of realistic defense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I forgot you also will need to turn the "Hitting Power" slider down also then.

And when I mean turn the penaties down alot, I mean half way at least to what they are at default. You still should be able to put a little hook into a guy without a penalty being called every time.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah shut that off along with speed burst on after fight, I would leave the offense, defense, and goalie sliders alone.

Also the penalty shot slider should be turned way down maybe 1 or 2 clicks. All the other penalties should also be turned way down.

Speed burst effect and duration should be lowered alot also, and fatiuge should be turned up so the third and fourth line have to play alot.[/QUOTE]
I don't think speed burst should be turned down, or fatigue... You can't stay with your top 2 lines the whole game as it is. I'd leave penalties alone, too.

[quote name='dafoomie']I don't think speed burst should be turned down, or fatigue... You can't stay with your top 2 lines the whole game as it is. I'd leave penalties alone, too.[/QUOTE]

I've played many of games at the default sliders when my 3rd line touched the ice maybe once and the 4th line never sees the game, you have to limit speed burst a little at least the amount of time it is active before the player runs out of it.

And when I mean turn the penaties down alot, I mean half way at least to what they are at default. You still should be able to put a little hook into a guy without a penalty being called every time.

Not in the new look NHL. Any hook, even a small one, has gotten a whistle so far this season.

[quote name='fxrival']Not in the new look NHL. Any hook, even a small one, has gotten a whistle so far this season.[/QUOTE]
Well we will see in a month what gets called, and then we will talk.

since when have we gotten so concerned about adjusting every aspect of the game? I don't recall tweaking too many options last season and we still had a blast playing. I just think we shouldn't get hung up on too many details. Let's just play according to the preset rules and have fun!

although Im new to the CheapAss leagues, I definitely think we should leave everything alone on All Star. Momentum sucks, and fatigue: I love having to roll 4 lines (and not having to face Lemieux, Palffy, etc all game.). Line changes, penalties are part of the game.

Just my opinion. And I cant wait to get this thing started!

[quote name='sighlintbob']since when have we gotten so concerned about adjusting every aspect of the game? I don't recall tweaking too many options last season and we still had a blast playing. I just think we shouldn't get hung up on too many details. Let's just play according to the preset rules and have fun![/QUOTE]

Sorry my fault, all the leagues I came from were hardcore sim leagues with very realistic sliders and rules. The default setting have always been to unrealistic for my taste, but I will adapt to them.

p.s.
Just dont be mad when I eat people up all day long with breakaways with Fata and Koltsov, because of their speed plus unrealistic default speed burst settings.

[quote name='ajh2298']\
Just dont be mad when I eat people up all day long with breakaways with Fata and Koltsov, because of their speed plus unrealistic default speed burst settings.[/QUOTE]

If you actually stick around for this league....last time you took the Devils and never played your games.

P.S. I agree we shouldn't screw with any sliders. Leave the settings default.

[quote name='Brad906']If you actually stick around for this league....last time you took the Devils and never played your games.[/QUOTE]

tou·ché ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (t
oomacr.gif
-sh
amacr.gif
prime.gif
)
interj.
Used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or a successful criticism or an effective point in argument.

[French, from past participle of toucher, to hit or wound in fencing, from Old French touchier, to touch. See touch.]

it's about time we got some rivalries going.

i adjusted the sliders a bit in the last league, and i'll adjust them a bit in this league. we still need one more person, though.

i forgot to ask...

what would you guys think if i made the periods 6 minutes? whole games seem to fly by in 2k6, and although adding a minute to each period may not make a huge difference, it would provide a little extra time (though still under 20 minutes total).

i would kind of like that, but if everyone else disagrees than we won't do it.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i forgot to ask...

what would you guys think if i made the periods 6 minutes? whole games seem to fly by in 2k6, and although adding a minute to each period may not make a huge difference, it would provide a little extra time (though still under 20 minutes total).

i would kind of like that, but if everyone else disagrees than we won't do it.[/QUOTE]

That would be fine with me.

bread's done
Back