Regional Deals forum added

Sounds good. I think this may help people contribute deals because it's hard to find a nationwide sale that hasn't already been posted. Hopefully this will cause people to get more involved by posting deals that are only local.

[quote name='shipwreck']Sounds good. I think this may help people contribute deals because it's hard to find a nationwide sale that hasn't already been posted. Hopefully this will cause people to get more involved by posting deals that are only local.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for suggesting this, Shipwreck and hopefully we can get some even cheaper games.

I liked this suggestion a lot, glad it was implemented. It would probably be beneficial to sticky a thread in each subforum that says "If you are from these states, post here:" and list the states. This could help avoid the confusion of gray areas.

You might want to add DC to one of the forum descriptions before Mayor Williams catches wind and holds a press conference. :lol:

I don't like the way this looks aesthetically. could we maybe make these sub-forums? i guess i'll just have to get used to it.

[quote name='munch']I don't like the way this looks aesthetically. could we maybe make these sub-forums? i guess i'll just have to get used to it.[/QUOTE]They are subforums...what do you mean?

[quote name='CheapyD']They are subforums...what do you mean?[/QUOTE]

i should have clarified. i meant just put the take it and move the sub-forum under the video game deals and remove the generic "regional video game deals" forum. i hope that makes sense.

From other thread:

Uh, motion to take all the Regional threads off of the front page (or make a seperate section)? Most of the posts will only be relevant to a few people, and they'll clog up the deals block.

[quote name='munch']i should have clarified. i meant just put the take it and move the sub-forum under the video game deals and remove the generic "regional video game deals" forum. i hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I thought of that, but I figured it would make things a bit crowded in there cosmetically.

[quote name='evilmax17']From other thread:

Uh, motion to take all the Regional threads off of the front page (or make a seperate section)? Most of the posts will only be relevant to a few people, and they'll clog up the deals block.[/QUOTE] Lets do a wait and see on that. I want to get some activity in there...tell your friends!

[quote name='munch']i should have clarified. i meant just put the take it and move the sub-forum under the video game deals and remove the generic "regional video game deals" forum. i hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Ok, just for shits and giggles, I made the Regional forum a sub-forum of the main Video Game Deals forum.

Do you guys like it this way, or like it was before, as its own forum?

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, just for shits and giggles, I made the Regional forum a sub-forum of the main Video Game Deals forum.

Do you guys like it this way, or like it was before, as its own forum?[/QUOTE]
Just noticed it.

icon14.gif

Is there anyway that you could implement a system similar to this? Whenever somebody makes a new thread in a Regional subforum, it would automatically insert like "[Northeast] "to the begining of the subject line? Just a suggestion.

I think I have an even better idea, but I'm not gonna show my hand just yet.
I'm really looking forward to streamlining a lot of this stuff once I get settled in Japan.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, just for shits and giggles, I made the Regional forum a sub-forum of the main Video Game Deals forum.

Do you guys like it this way, or like it was before, as its own forum?[/QUOTE]
The only problem I have with it is that regional deals are mixed in with the main video game deals in the daily email digest.

[quote name='radjago']The only problem I have with it is that regional deals are mixed in with the main video game deals in the daily email digest.[/QUOTE]I'll look into that. I can see how that would be annoying.

[quote name='radjago']The only problem I have with it is that regional deals are mixed in with the main video game deals in the daily email digest.[/QUOTE]I'll look into that. I can see how that would be annoying.

EDIT: I checked it out...I can't do much about that. At least the subforums come after the main forum, so its pretty easy to ignore. Sorry about that.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'll look into that. I can see how that would be annoying.

EDIT: I checked it out...I can't do much about that. At least the subforums come after the main forum, so its pretty easy to ignore. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]
No big whup. Thanks for checking into it.

Eh, I made it its own forum again...it was taking up too much space in the main deals forum I thought. Getting dizzy yet?

[quote name='CheapyD']Eh, I made it its own forum again...it was taking up too much space in the main deals forum I thought. Getting dizzy yet?[/QUOTE]
No dizzier than any other day.

bread's done
Back