Richard18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:35 AM

wow this thread started over a year ago

#62 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be too many gamers here in CT in the loop. Anyone here planning on getting a PS3? I've got a pre-order at Gamestop in Waterbury, so I'm all set.

#63 maddfrog

maddfrog

FANTASTIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be too many gamers here in CT in the loop. Anyone here planning on getting a PS3? I've got a pre-order at Gamestop in Waterbury, so I'm all set.

Nope, not me. I was never an early adapter to the Playstation line, I always wait for a couple price drops before I get one. The only thing that I'm think I'm going to get is the Wii. I'm taking the trivial approach and just picking one up when I can just walk into a store and they are sitting there. With the demand so high (or thats what we're supposed to think) and a questionable supply, who knows when that will happen.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 DefJeff

DefJeff

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:53 PM

I'm in Hamden.

#65 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

I'm from Bristol. The best I've been able to get deal-wise is from the Sears clearance items. CT doesn't usually have the best deals as I've found.

I do plan on getting the PS3 though, first on the list for the 60GB model and eighth on the list for the Wii at my local GameStop.

#66 AnotherStereotype

AnotherStereotype

Citizen Insane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

I'm from Danielson... it's in the Northeast in the middle of fairly nowhere, near Rhode Island and Mass... decent drive to some deals there, only about 1/2 an hour to Circuit City in Rhode Island...

On that note, best deals for me were Sears items as well, or just online deals... B&M is pretty scarce around here.

And about PS3's... a friend of mine ordered (according to him... I'll believe it when I see it, but he's pretty crazy... and money grubbing) 10 PS3's... he plans on selling enough to make a decent profit, either to people he knows or on eBay... and keeping one or two. Just thought I'd mention that if stock is scarce and he happens to feel generous enough to want to sell to a fine Cheapassgamer (again, this is if he actually ends up getting them... I'm weary to believe anything, but I just feel like mentioning it)... Anyway, yeah... I should tell him to join this site... He's the cheapest guy I know.

#67 Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:14 PM

I'm from Danielson... it's in the Northeast in the middle of fairly nowhere, near Rhode Island and Mass... decent drive to some deals there, only about 1/2 an hour to Circuit City in Rhode Island...

On that note, best deals for me were Sears items as well, or just online deals... B&M is pretty scarce around here.

And about PS3's... a friend of mine ordered (according to him... I'll believe it when I see it, but he's pretty crazy... and money grubbing) 10 PS3's... he plans on selling enough to make a decent profit, either to people he knows or on eBay... and keeping one or two. Just thought I'd mention that if stock is scarce and he happens to feel generous enough to want to sell to a fine Cheapassgamer (again, this is if he actually ends up getting them... I'm weary to believe anything, but I just feel like mentioning it)... Anyway, yeah... I should tell him to join this site... He's the cheapest guy I know.

Please don't... we don't want someone who is going to whorde on deals :(
Currently Playing: Call of Duty 4, Team Fortress 2 (PC)

Intel Q6600@3.6~2x1GB DDR2800 OCZ Gold (4-4-4-12)~eVGA 8800GTX~Seagate 320GB 7200.1~eVGA 650i~Antec TruPower Trio 650w~BenQ Dual Layer DVD~Abit WiFi AirPace~KWORLD PlusTV HD PCI~Logitech MX518~Saitek Eclipse~Plantronics Audio 350~BenQ 22" Widescreen~

"Rep = reputation point, also known as an E-penis extension."

#68 dantevsninjas

dantevsninjas

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:03 AM

Not many people from CT at all, Farmington here.

#69 TurboPascal

TurboPascal

No Guts No Glory!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:11 PM

Trumbull, Ct checking in.

CT is a small state -- probably the right amount of people here for the size of the state.

I'd like to try and find a Wii but I have pretty much given up until Spring/Summer

#70 paradoxikus

paradoxikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

Holy crap! I'm from Hamden as well!!! Small world.

#71 daria19

daria19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:36 AM

Found out that they are opening a new Texas Roadhouse steakhouse nearby, in addition to all of the improvements near the milford mall. Moe's is pretty interesting; just opened this past week and I had never been to one before. Kind of like an upscale taco bell crossed with a subway. Unfortuantely, no $3 margaritas at this one (posted on a review of another branch of the franchise).

The company where I work is closing their site and kicking us out by the end of january, and I will need to leave the state to get another job.

I have not seen any wii's or ps3's anywhere when I was in target or best buy looking for memory sticks, but the games seem to be more readily available. A coworker said that he got a wii for his son at Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago without a preorder, but it is going to be a crapshoot for awhile.

#72 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:14 AM

Oh man, I didn't know about Moe's til I went to MA for college. I might have to check that next week when I come home...

#73 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:16 AM

Found out that they are opening a new Texas Roadhouse steakhouse nearby, in addition to all of the improvements near the milford mall. Moe's is pretty interesting; just opened this past week and I had never been to one before. Kind of like an upscale taco bell crossed with a subway. Unfortuantely, no $3 margaritas at this one (posted on a review of another branch of the franchise).

The company where I work is closing their site and kicking us out by the end of january, and I will need to leave the state to get another job.

I have not seen any wii's or ps3's anywhere when I was in target or best buy looking for memory sticks, but the games seem to be more readily available. A coworker said that he got a wii for his son at Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago without a preorder, but it is going to be a crapshoot for awhile.

is that in west haven? i live two seconds from there

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#74 Gamer G

Gamer G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:22 AM

Danbury Ct. here, I waited at target for my Wii and even though that wasn't a deal it was however a hell of an experience.

#75 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:55 AM

Killingly CT here ... Danielson basically bums off our stuff though :) Finally found out ur CAG name man, now I can send constant PM's to you!

Cya this weekend more than likely.

#76 Weedy649

Weedy649

Keepin it cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:16 AM

Someone in one of my classes said that he got his wii at best buy in newington, and that they only had a line of like 14 people when the store opened, and they got 40 units :o

Quite believable since i got my ps3 preorder in new britain and was 6th in line 1 hour before open

#77 alfonsosoriano

alfonsosoriano

You Like This Face?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

Wow @ this old topic.

Two years later, now I'm at CCSU.

#78 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, two years later and CT still sucks for video game deals. I have a hard enough time getting CC to honor their own deals. Best Buy in West Hartford is usually pretty good on their price match policy though.

#79 Kueng

Kueng

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

East Haven/ New Haven, CT

#80 varsitygamer

varsitygamer

Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

the best CT deal right now is driving over the border to capitalize on Mass's tax free weekend.
Why Google when you can Blingo? - Won so far: 10$ iTunes GC x2, Movie Ticket x9, $5 Amazon Gift Certificate x2

Threadless.com - Nude No More!

#81 fraggedbylaggers

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

the best CT deal right now is driving over the border to capitalize on Mass's tax free weekend.

huh?

I'm from guilford (near New Haven) and have gotten some pretty great deals. Buy one get one one on points cards at CC comes to mind as does a $10 copy of Prey CE and Tomb Raider Legend (360).
Posted Image

#82 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

huh?

I'm from guilford (near New Haven) and have gotten some pretty great deals. Buy one get one one on points cards at CC comes to mind as does a $10 copy of Prey CE and Tomb Raider Legend (360).

Where'd the Prey and Tomb Raider deals happen? Are they still going on?

#83 varsitygamer

varsitygamer

Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

The BOGO 360 points cards was not CT exclusive... that was a national deal. I can't comment on the Prey CE/Tomb Raider Legend deals since I don't follow 360 deals (yet! getting one soon).
Why Google when you can Blingo? - Won so far: 10$ iTunes GC x2, Movie Ticket x9, $5 Amazon Gift Certificate x2

Threadless.com - Nude No More!

#84 garfep

garfep

shot Liberty Valance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

I'm from guilford (near New Haven)

wtf, I'm from Guilford, too. We should trade, haha.

#85 Xninja

Xninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

Damn, all these CAG's from CT. No wonder I can never snag a deal. You guys all eat them up before I get to them. Hamden here. The North Haven CC guys were holding all the MP cards behind the counter so their employees could snag the deal after the store closed. They would not let me buy them saying I had to buy a system if I wanted to get a card deal. Manager was not much help either. Ah well, good thing i did not need the cards, but would have been nice.:bomb:

#86 Weedy649

Weedy649

Keepin it cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:11 AM

Wow @ this old topic.

Two years later, now I'm at CCSU.

....2 years later and I'm still at CCSU! haha senior though so lookin to finish it off. We might run into each other on campus sometime.

Just got home from Mass, worked at the Best Buy Holyoke Sat and Sun for tax free weekend, it was pretty wild.

Yeah, two years later and CT still sucks for video game deals. I have a hard enough time getting CC to honor their own deals. Best Buy in West Hartford is usually pretty good on their price match policy though.

I work over at Best Buy in newington, pretty close by :o

#87 jumbo11

jumbo11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

anyone know which stores in the state still got PS1/N64 games?

Anything close to Enfield.

#88 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

FYE at the Meriden Mall has 30% off all new games and accessories. 10% off hardware. Wii products were excluded from the sale. I didn't see anything of interest however.

#89 garfep

garfep

shot Liberty Valance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:58 AM

anyone know which stores in the state still got PS1/N64 games?

Anything close to Enfield.

Not very close to Enfield, but the stores in Old Saybrook has a LOT of PS1 games left. Then one store in Waterford (at Cross Road) has some PS1/N64 stuff, and the EBX in the Crystal Mall, also in Waterford.

#90 fraggedbylaggers

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:47 AM

Not very close to Enfield, but the stores in Old Saybrook has a LOT of PS1 games left.

Nothing but crappy PS1 games in Old Saybrook. Not bad for 75% off but still. I got hot shots golf and the syphon filter games...
Posted Image