The Howard Stern Thread

yeah i love when they goof on artie for calling in, that will be used for material for months. I wish they played more bits with the guy who sounds like diamond david lee roth... those are the best.

My father has always been a huge fan of the show, and as a result I listened to it a great deal in my teens in the morning before going to school. Last month's (I think last month's) Play-Boy/Horse had a bit about how much ratings fell for several stations that have dropped Stern have, most amusing to this Stallion.

yeah, i listened this morning for as long as i could....i dont get a chance to listen to him every morning because ive been getting home from work and in to bed early lately, but once i heard that chris rock was goin to be on....i had to stay up at least for that...chris rock is always good on howard

i know it's old, but who in here wanted who to win john's job? i personally wanted yucko to win, but richard christy's songs kill me

by the way, it has been a long time coming

I don't get to listen to it, but I get to watch it. The episodes are a little bit older, but it's better on TV. :)

He's going to Sirius in January 2006. Does anyone like it when Gilbert Gottfried is a guest? I think he's pretty funny.

[quote name='Trakan']I don't get to listen to it, but I get to watch it. The episodes are a little bit older, but it's better on TV. :)[/QUOTE]

There are certain aspects of the show that work much better on the the TV. :booty::booty::booty:

[quote name='Lou Norman']He's going to Sirius in January 2006. Does anyone like it when Gilbert Gottfried is a guest? I think he's pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i literally almost die in laughter whenever gilbert is on...you wouldn't think he'd be so funny....kind of like when gallagher is on the don n mike show....you wouldn't think he'd be so funny, but goddamn

The only reason i still have my sirius radio now is because when Howard goes there, its gonna be freaking sweet.

I saw Gilbert Godfried do stand up in a comedy club called Carolines in New York City. All his jokes were from the 70's. I remember he made a lot of jokes about the original Planet of the Apes (this was before the Tim Burton version came out).

It was more surreal than funny- his stand up act that is.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']My father has always been a huge fan of the show, and as a result I listened to it a great deal in my teens in the morning before going to school. Last month's (I think last month's) Play-Boy/Horse had a bit about how much ratings fell for several stations that have dropped Stern have, most amusing to this Stallion.[/QUOTE]

I still can't give up listening to Drew and Mike to listen to Stern.

Where I live we can't get him on the radio. So I watch the tv show and I have been watching stern for about 10 years now. when he jumps to sirius I will be buying a unit and a subscription.

I usually don't watch Howard Stern unless he has a guest that I am interested in seeing. However, I just caught it earlier and laughed my ass off during the Chyna interview and the Beetlejuice/Gottfried one. :)

[quote name='Trakan']Gilbert Godfried's Seinfeld has me rolling. :lol:[/QUOTE]

damn im pissed i missed that....i havent watched the e! show in forever...but if i knew gilbert was on, i would've been there for sure

[quote name='nickmad']he is the single force that keeps me up in the morning. i laugh when i wake up and on the way to work every morning.

this is a great site that has fred sound effects and bits for download....
http://jeffseby.tripod.com/stern.htm[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, those are funny. I only listened to a few so far - chinese 3 way confusion, sal and richard mess with gary 1 and 2. I'll listen to more later. Thanks for the site.

I read somewhere that Infinity stands to lose around $100M in revenue once Stern leaves. The Infinity guys sound really bitter because they know they need him and they weren't willing to admit it. They lost a very costly bluffing game and I'm glad it happened even though I won't be able to hear Stern in the morning.

Maybe someone will be willing to trade me an internet code to listen online at work for my XM password...

Listened to today's show and it was pretty sad hearing all those people working there that are gonna be fired once Stern leaves and they make it all talk. On the bright side, Gilbert Godfried was fucking funny as hell today.

[quote name='goukill1120']Does anyone know if there's a website where I can download the best of howard stern bits in Mp3 format. I found some sites for Opie and Anthony has www.Oavirus.com, , lovelines is http://www.ehansen.us/Loveline/ and Lazlow's show from Krock has archives on www.lazlow.com. I can't believe that now NY is left with no rock station. oh well.[/QUOTE]

I live in an area where Stern isnt on at the moment (Lower Alabama)... so I always download his shows and take them with me on CD, pretty much all I listen to in the car now... cant wait for Sirius though, although for 500 mil you'd think he would work 5 days a week instead of the 4 he will work...

[quote name='zman73']cant wait for Sirius though, although for 500 mil you'd think he would work 5 days a week instead of the 4 he will work...[/QUOTE]

4 days a week? That kind of sucks... well, not for him, I guess...

[quote name='javeryh']4 days a week? That kind of sucks... well, not for him, I guess...[/QUOTE]
Amazing, but that one thing not only makes him look really greedy, but it does make me think twice about shelling out the money at the moment for a sirius reciever, if I am still able to download his shows once he makes the move, I may just get XM for Ron and Fez (miss them from their time in FL)

no one has any thoughts on todays last broadcast?
was anyone there?
i wanted to take off of work and drive up from philly...but it was a no go.

[quote name='nickmad']no one has any thoughts on todays last broadcast?
was anyone there?
i wanted to take off of work and drive up from philly...but it was a no go.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to go too and probably would've if it werent for the crappy weather last night and this morning.

Was going to go to the last broadcast also if it wasn't for my last day at work and having to turn in my paperwork to school.

Yea, I was surprised when no one updated this thread or made a new one about it. Anyways, I live on the west coast and yahoo was showing everything live but it was on the east coast. So I just listened to my radio all morning.

[quote name='nickmad']arties speech was hilarious.
LETS GO SEE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!![/QUOTE]

I loved Sal's fake commercial for it yesterday. "You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll vomit all over your popcorn"

bread's done
Back