The Howard Stern Thread

• Please log in to reply
1639 replies to this topic

#1591 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

WHO GIVES A SHIT! Either you like him and the show or you don't.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#1592 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

That's my point all along.

#1593 Cap'n_RDM

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

How relevant can he be if even his fans are jumping ship? He doesnt make the news, His Letterman appearances dont spike their ratings, and he hasnt really done much for AGTs viewership.

You can say he was still relevant 5 years ago if you want but even way its been on a decline for awhile.

Are you from the future? That stuff hasn't aired yet.

Also, he was on the cover of RS like six months ago. He may not be what he once was, but I don't think he wants to be. Being on top means you have to put in a ton of work, and at this point in his life it is obvious he doesn't want to commit that much of his life to it.

I honestly thought it was airing. More evidence of him being irrelevant.

More evidence of you not knowing what you are talking about.
Now Playing:
:ps3: Mortal Kombat
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
:psp: The 3rd Birthday
:ds: Pokemon Black

#1594 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Ha nice avatar. Is that one of the infamous symbols I hear so much about? BTW - Reilly's book is free as part of the Kindle lending library on Amazon. :lol:

Posted Image

#1595 yankeessuck

yankeessuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

How bout the time before that? Also, what was the Leno letterman rating the night before? I understand Leno doubles him most nights.

This past week Leno had 3.7 million viewers and Letterman had 3.3 million. So its always somewhat close. I dont know how often you listen to the show but when was the last time Howard talked about his Letterman ratings? That tells you all you need to know.

#1596 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

This past week Leno had 3.7 million viewers and Letterman had 3.3 million. So its always somewhat close. I dont know how often you listen to the show but when was the last time Howard talked about his Letterman ratings? That tells you all you need to know.

I listen to every show, and Vinny usually calls in gloating about the ratings after every appearance. And he's a Letterman exec.

#1597 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

I've listened to every second of every show since around 1998. The show is not good these days. Howard completely ignores the wack pack. You don't get any Gilbert on the news anymore, I could go on and on.

The problem is simple, he's not into anymore. I don't know if it's the lawsuit with Sirius or he just doesn't have anything else to prove. He does the absolute minimum amount of time per show.

I'll always remember the great shows he put on in the past but these shows just hurt his legacy.

#1598 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Behind the Scenes episode 14 is one of the greatest things of all time. Its just footage of Medicated Pete at the Erotic Expo and its amazing. That kid is the funniest, most fascinating person in the world. If you don't laugh out loud at least once during the episode you might not be human. The last 30 seconds is just a single shot of Pete staring at the camera and even that is somehow hysterical.

Posted Image

#1599 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

"what are you into? What are your interests?" love me some Pete.

#1600 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

You like to drink?

Posted Image

#1601 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

I went to one of the AGT tapings in St. Louis. I would never have known about the show if it wasn't for Howard, but I can tell you that the entire theater went nuts when they announced him and I really think he is going to be a huge hit on that show.

I wish I could get HowardTV. they need to expand into more than just cable companies.

edit: Maklershed - I like your avatar - looks like that actor Clive Warren.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#1602 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

You like to drink?

How'd you become a Giants chick?

#1603 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

edit: Maklershed - I like your avatar - looks like that actor Clive Warren.

Indeed. And allow me to compliment your xbl tag in return as Trailer Park Boys is one of the best shows ever.

How'd you become a Giants chick?

Uhh Holice, I can't talk right now I'm working on a book.

Posted Image

#1604 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Saw this on GAF. Looks like Howard's lawsuit against Sirius was dismissed:

http://www.scribd.co...gybcqxz0jnwedj0

Posted Image

#1605 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Saw this on GAF. Looks like Howard's lawsuit against Sirius was dismissed:

http://www.scribd.co...gybcqxz0jnwedj0

I have to side with Sirius after reading about the contract. He plans to appeal.

#1606 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I decided to bump this thread because Ronnie talking about washing his ass out in the sink was one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. Bobo's prank was great, but Ronnie acting like everyone washes their ass out in the sink was flat out fucking hilarious.

Posted Image

#1607 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

He's been quite the character lately with the Ronnie and Donnie jerk off stories and admitting to fingers in the ass.

Posted Image

#1608 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Anyone want to speculate on Robin's illness? Still doing the show from home this long, absent Friday??

#1609 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Anyone want to speculate on Robin's illness? Still doing the show from home this long, absent Friday??

I'm worried.... Really hope she's ok.

#1610 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

I'm worried.... Really hope she's ok.

She must have cancer considering she had a huge mass removed. Just shocked it never got out to the media.

#1611 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm assuming its something that causes her to be plugged in to something but she can get away from it for brief stints .. hence why she goes to movies, parties, dinners, etc

Posted Image

#1612 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm assuming its something that causes her to be plugged in to something but she can get away from it for brief stints .. hence why she goes to movies, parties, dinners, etc

Dialysis or chemo treatments I would wildly guess. I wonder why they haven't said anything or how the press hasn't found out

#1613 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

She's now been out of the studio for seven months. Her last time in the studio was May. Also, she recently just sold one of her mansions at a loss of approximately $1 million in exchange that the purchaser assumes the legal commitments. So it does seem like maybe she has something major going on.

Posted Image

#1614 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

For how long Robin's been tele-working it has to be something pretty serious. The only mention of anyone on the show of busting her balls about not being in was Richard during the flooding and he got slammed hard and no one backed him up so I think everyone on the show knows what's up and it's serious enough to not make fun or really even mention it.

It is odd that they wouldn't just come out and say whats up though. The show is about truth and the lives of everyone on the show. I guess they got their reasons but still al ittle odd to me

#1615 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Seems odd that someone who has been pushing all the health initiatives that she's been part of ending up with a very serious medical condition like cancer.

I didn't realize she was still working from her home via ISDN lines, though it must be very very serious for her to still be out of the studio.

#1616 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Is it really that odd? The 'healthy' phase of her life is a relatively new thing given her age.

#1617 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Guys she's out again today! Now I'm really worried! :-(

#1618 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

That must be pretty bad to not even be able to sit on a phone line. Not good. :/

Posted Image

#1619 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Those sketches JB Smoove wrote really should have made it to air on SNL. They would have been hilarious.

#1620 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Those sketches JB Smoove wrote really should have made it to air on SNL. They would have been hilarious.

His real name isn't JB Smoove, right??