Arizona Minions, RISE!

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#61 cd_vision

cd_vision

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:19 AM

Oh, and I am CD_Vision. I live in central Phoenix right across the street from the Paradise Valley mall. I noticed the gamestop in there has a used copy of Megaman X 7 for $17.99. Is that a good deal? It needs a new DVD case, the one it comes with looks like a dog chewed it. The slip cover is ok underneath, so with a new case it'd look new.

In the same location I picked up Metroid Prime, and Resident Evil Zero for like 5 bucks each.

#62 anderton

anderton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:56 AM

The hell kind of decision is that? Let's see, what might possibly be the most scenic area of the state, or the least...

Bro if you have a choice, you should be all over Sedona.

Maybe he's waiting to see if he wins $100,000,000, making Sedona affordable.

#63 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:32 AM

Maybe he's waiting to see if he wins $100,000,000, making Sedona affordable.

Sedona sucks unless your wealthy and really hate talking to people in person. There are no clubs, no schools... Well.....some. Nothing is there its awful. It's pretty and stuff but there isnt anything there to do. Mesa would be better just for the fact there are more people around.

You go to Sedona for a drive, or to go camping. Its a tourist trap for people who believe in aliens too.
Posted Image
Support NGAME.TV / Made a permanent switch to Ubuntu...Feels Good Man.

#64 PsyKyX

PsyKyX

All Confused

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

Hey guys, I'm in AJ myself - just moved out here recently.
There is nothing here... I'll get used to it (hopefully).

#65 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

Look at the bright side Psy, you've got all the sand and dirt you could ever ask for.

I'll say this for the area I'm staying in right now, I don't have to go more than 10 minutes to get to anystore I want to hit. In atlanta (outskirts) I tank up my car about every three days. If I lived out here, I wouldn't have to for at least two weeks. Everything is so darned close by that if I weren't so completely lazy it weren't so flippin' hot, I could walk to the mall, the grocery store, et cetera.
gwensigol8.png

#66 megaseadramon

megaseadramon

I'm not a Eunuch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

I walk to albertsons, dollar general, good will, gamecrazy, or fry's because there all with in 1 mile of walking distance. Its good exercise especially in the 110 degree weather when your sweating your nads off :).

#67 PsyKyX

PsyKyX

All Confused

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, I walk to the few places out here -- like work. Heh.
The heat is killing me! I'm not used to it yet.

But it's good to know there are CAGers nearby.

#68 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

whoa just found this thread for the first time!! I live in Tempe and am a grad student at ASU. I don't really know any gamers out here. So it's nice to see lots of other CAGs in here! My 360 gamertag is 'dubbfoolio'. Add me to your friend's list if you play Halo 2, PDZ, or PGR3! Also I'm thinking about getting some NiWiFi games for my new DS Lite this weekend at TRU if all goes well.

I never knew about Bookman's and I'll definitely hit that up. It's pretty frustrating trying to find these clearance deals out here in AZ. Probably because all of you swoop in and take everything before I can get my lazy butt to the store. I'm new to CAG but I haven't found very many clearance titles at circuit city or Kmarts around the east phoenix valley. The best I've done is F-Zero GX (GC) for $5 from a Kmart in Mesa. I've seen a few more cheapos but nothing else I've ever been looking for. The Kmart in South Phoenix (on Baseline) literally had nothing on the list! The circuit city in Mesa has almost no DS games. They maybe had 5 titles the day the DS launched! Maybe I need to go to where the money is up in Snottsdale to find a better selection?

Any good stores around here that are stocked like trout ponds with clearance titles around here?

I've never really given much thought to checking out pawn shops but that's a pretty CAG idea! Let us know if anyone sees one with stuff that some of us AZ CAGs might like that you'e willing to pass on!

Also I'm debating on rather or not I should camp for a PS3 in November to sell for exorbitant prices on ebay! Muwahahaha! We should get a crew together.

#69 battletrax

battletrax

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:53 AM

Scottsdale here. I'm sure some of you will hate me, but I used to work for Parking at ASU, heh heh. I left there a year ago, don't worry.

Yea... we hate you... Are you guys high when you write tickets? I got one in may that was literally impossible.... good times at asu :)

#70 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

Chandler here checking in.

We really should get local CAG'ers together if only to do some local game trading, especially after these major deals go down and some of use got left out in the cold (scalding heat).

#71 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

Chandler here checking in.

We really should get local CAG'ers together if only to do some local game trading, especially after these major deals go down and some of use got left out in the cold (scalding heat).

sounds good to me!

#72 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:48 AM

Arizona is too damn hot.

#73 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:07 AM

Arizona is too damn hot.

Not if you have water and AC. ;)

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#74 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:22 AM

Not if you have water and AC. ;)

Yeah... our electric bill was $400.00 this month. :cold:

#75 megaseadramon

megaseadramon

I'm not a Eunuch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

Yeah... our electric bill was $400.00 this month. :cold:

Well, when the average temp. is 110 degree's, they kind of have us by the balls.
Posted Image

#76 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:38 AM

Unfortunately. Haha.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#77 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:20 PM

well keep those door, windows, and blinds shut!! Makes a huge difference. I had one roommate who would just sit there by his window open all day in the August with all the cold air rushing past him without a care in the world. I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw it. I was so floored I didn't even know what to say to him. We don't all have physics degrees but shit.

#78 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

Well, when the average temp. is 110 degree's, they kind of have us by the balls.

Yeah... it's pretty crazy though. I don't think the bill should be over $400.00 when I have the thermostat set at 77.

I think it just takes a lot to cool down this house, vaulted ceilings and such. We're probably moving early next year anyway, so whatever.

#79 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:01 PM

$400.00 for AC?! Thats almost my rent! I just moved into these quite little studios. And all my AC and crap is included, so i can run my AC till the cows come home. It gets so cold sometimes and Ihave to throw on a sweater or something. haha.

AZ aint that bad, you just have to find the shady spots.
Posted Image

#80 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:21 PM

$400.00 for AC?! Thats almost my rent! I just moved into these quite little studios. And all my AC and crap is included, so i can run my AC till the cows come home. It gets so cold sometimes and Ihave to throw on a sweater or something. haha.

AZ aint that bad, you just have to find the shady spots.

That's pretty nice. Where do you live?

#81 theHeat

theHeat

Metroid=serious business.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:40 AM

I'm from Tucson ('87-'05), but I live in upstate NY and Savannah, GA for college. Looking forward to coming home next month for a week. Mmmm, real Mexican food, Bookman's, monsoon season, desert rain scent, cactus, no grass, and dry heat.

AND FRY'S ELECTRONICS! YES!

#82 megaseadramon

megaseadramon

I'm not a Eunuch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:17 AM

I love monsoon season, it rains for 10-20 min each week and thats about it.
Posted Image

#83 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:48 AM

Not me. Electricity and AC are included with my rent.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#84 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:10 AM

That's pretty nice. Where do you live?

I live around 19th and Bethany, right around that Bookman's. I work at Metro and I've got EB outside of the mall and Gamestop and Babbages inside the mall. and I have the Gamestop over by Christown. So I never have a problem finding shit in my area.
Posted Image

#85 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

I live around 19th and Bethany, right around that Bookman's. I work at Metro and I've got EB outside of the mall and Gamestop and Babbages inside the mall. and I have the Gamestop over by Christown. So I never have a problem finding shit in my area.

Oh yeah, I'm around there sometimes.

It's like 30 minutes from where I live now though, we moved from Glendale to fucking Surprise.

#86 Scrubsy

Scrubsy

The Charmed One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:09 AM

When I saw someone selling games that was from surprise, I thought they were saying the town was a surprise :D

#87 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:01 AM

Haha.

#88 nolimitsoldier

nolimitsoldier

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

I'm from Tucson :)

#89 agonybliss

agonybliss

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

I ive in Mesa, and work at the Mesa Bookmans. We get tons of great crap :)
I was able to replace all my old systems, and get games for each at a great price..

#90 WhoKnowsWho

WhoKnowsWho

Insert Custom Title Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

I ive in Mesa, and work at the Mesa Bookmans. We get tons of great crap :)
I was able to replace all my old systems, and get games for each at a great price..

Is there any particular day that is good to go in and check? I tend to check once a week on Monday but don't generally see too much good stuff to grab.
Posted Image