Michigan Deal Thread

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#271 Sulik2

Sulik2

Fallout Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

Does anyone know when Meijer is going to be doing the credit card thing again? I really am thinking it is time to pick up a PS3 and the meijer cc thing is by far the best price for one. Been a month since the last one so I am expecting it to be soon.
Posted Image

#272 venk

venk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:14 AM

Meijers in Ann Arbor had a dozen Wiis in stock.

#273 kennistond

kennistond

I'm so LOST

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:55 AM

Anyone heading to Gamestop in Bay City for Halo at midnight?

#274 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:04 AM

Does anyone know when Meijer is going to be doing the credit card thing again? I really am thinking it is time to pick up a PS3 and the meijer cc thing is by far the best price for one. Been a month since the last one so I am expecting it to be soon.

They were rotating the 15% off about every other week during the summer, with a 20% off at least once in June, July, and August. We're about due for another 15% off monday at least.
As for another 20%er, Who knows? Probably not until thanksgiving.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#275 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

Halo 3 t-shirt available at Meijer , for $10.00 down on a pre-order .

card.pngl1.gif

#276 RevMofat

RevMofat

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:37 PM

Game Hits still does tournaments. i have never been to one but just call they will tell you. I work about 5 miles from them.

I work at Game Hits and I can say that we haven't done a tournament in a long while, probably since 2006, but we're talking about doing more of them again soon, probably after the start of the new year, mostly because everyone is going to want to play Smash Bros Brawl and Halo 3. Personally, I would love to have an "Assemble the Band" tournament for Rock Band where you have to put together a group of friends and name your band, but I doubt it would happen.

As for deals, we just try to remain competitive with everyone else, so come in and look, baby.

#277 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

Alright guys doesn't look like alot of activity on the michigan thread so what im gonna do is every Sunday I'll get the paper and scan all video game ad's for the week! Give me some feedback if you guys would like this in this thread or start a new one "Michigan Sunday AD's"

#278 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

Alright guys doesn't look like alot of activity on the michigan thread so what im gonna do is every Sunday I'll get the paper and scan all video game ad's for the week! Give me some feedback if you guys would like this in this thread or start a new one "Michigan Sunday AD's"

We pretty much already have that in the Video Game deals forum, the only exception is that Meijer is missing.

#279 shyataroo

shyataroo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:16 PM

Anybody know where to find a damn Wii in this state. I have hit over 30 stores in the past four days with no sucess. I am in Detroit close to Fairlane mall if that helps.

goto your local gamestop...ask when they get the wii deliveries in. plan accordingly

#280 stealth1290

stealth1290

Lord of the folding team

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:09 AM

Anybody know of a mom and pop store near Troy... been looking for some classic games as of late (not sure what I want, hence looking for a store...) Thanks!
Posted Image

#281 kazo

kazo

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:05 AM

I got a store here in Inkster (yes its not near troy but still) they had a sega saturn, dreamcast, snes, and all sorts of old games. Its pretty new and they have a different location. I'll post up more info when I go up there and see whats going on.

So Michigan CAG's, what good deals have ya found? I found megaman legends 2 mint at a thrift store in garden city on ford rd. I don't know what else they have but that stood out.
Posted Image

#282 richyanks

richyanks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

Theres a place in Berkley on 12 mile. There like a toy store but have all old games/systems and comics and really anything. Just cant think of the name right now. But its on the tip of my tongue.

#283 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

Theres a place in Berkley on 12 mile. There like a toy store but have all old games/systems and comics and really anything. Just cant think of the name right now. But its on the tip of my tongue.

Timetravelers ?

card.pngl1.gif

#284 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:01 AM

I'm still not letting myself go there due to all the horror stories I heard at my comic shop.

#285 NoZoL

NoZoL

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

any one ever heard of stockbridge, michigan?
Trade list - http://www.cheapassg...371#post3840371

CHECK OUT MY TRADELIST!

GO DETROIT REDWINGS!!

#286 raehtz10

raehtz10

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

sadly, yes. I have not had good experiences there. Hung out with my brother's in-laws...what a bunch of racist rednecks...

#287 NoZoL

NoZoL

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:19 AM

sadly, yes. I have not had good experiences there. Hung out with my brother's in-laws...what a bunch of racist rednecks...

yeah, lol. Where do u live? And if u dont mind me asking, wuts there last name? Everybody knows everybody out here.

CHECK OUT MY TRADELIST!

GO DETROIT REDWINGS!!

#288 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:54 AM

Not a deal , but this place is very close to my house I thought i'd mention it .

http://www.animetoskateboards.com/

They have a booth in Gibraltar Trade Center [Taylor] also .

card.pngl1.gif

#289 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

Pretty neat place. May have to check it out on my day off.

#290 kazo

kazo

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

Not a deal , but this place is very close to my house I thought i'd mention it .

http://www.animetoskateboards.com/

They have a booth in Gibraltar Trade Center [Taylor] also .

Looks pretty awesome, looks like something for me to check out :D
Posted Image

#291 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

I can think of a similar store but not the store you are thinking of.

There is a store in Summit Place mall on telegraph road called Toy Box, I believe, and they have a lot of collectible stuff (including old video games, consoles, comics, bobble heads, basically anything you can think of) there for anyone interested.

#292 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Toy box is awesome.

You can pick up an old R.O.B. unit, an original Ninja Turtle action figue AND a semi-automatic BB gun. It's got everything good in the world in one place

#293 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

I got a store here in Inkster (yes its not near troy but still) they had a sega saturn, dreamcast, snes, and all sorts of old games. Its pretty new and they have a different location. I'll post up more info when I go up there and see whats going on.

So Michigan CAG's, what good deals have ya found? I found megaman legends 2 mint at a thrift store in garden city on ford rd. I don't know what else they have but that stood out.

351 Inkster Road, Inkster, MI

Is this it? Couldn't find a website for them (apparently some playground company that is more popular has the same name). If you could confirm it I would be happy. It would take me about 25 minutes to get there but I would drop in for a visit sometime.

#294 kazo

kazo

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

You got the address right and the store is called "Game Time" I found a sega saturn for 20 bucks there (no games though) but I need to check it out some more.
Posted Image

#295 NoZoL

NoZoL

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:02 AM

Any Jackson, MI deals?

CHECK OUT MY TRADELIST!

GO DETROIT REDWINGS!!

#296 Mrs. Doug Brown

Mrs. Doug Brown

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

Doug's Dugout closed because of tax problems in 2000. His father Bob( the old guy with the pipe who did the sports cards) died last April of cancer. He and I want to start up a new store in Ypsilanti sometime in the future.

#297 kazo

kazo

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:37 AM

Doug's Dugout closed because of tax problems in 2000. His father Bob( the old guy with the pipe who did the sports cards) died last April of cancer. He and I want to start up a new store in Ypsilanti sometime in the future.

REALLY!?! Wow... I hope you guys do start up a new store (I'd certainly go to it). Doug's Dugout was my favoriate place for anime and hockey cards.. I have some damn good memories and manga from there. I really miss game spot too.
Posted Image

#298 Mrs. Doug Brown

Mrs. Doug Brown

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

Thank you, Doug is selling some anime cels on ebay right now. bossy22islanders is the name.

We hope to get some new stock when I spend a semester in Japan, for my Japanese B.A.

#299 Mrs. Doug Brown

Mrs. Doug Brown

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

My fiancee's brother used to work there. If you listened to the CAG cast a few weeks ago where there was the discussion about video game retailers you'll know why he closed shop. Min the owner moved down to Atlanta to open a gaming cafe.

As for Doug, he was an asshole who blatenly sold fan subs on VHS tapes we made himself. He and Min had a feud going on.

So, Doug was an asshole, eh? Well, this is Doug and I don't think you know jack!
I never sold fansub video's! Min sold fansub videos! I had threatened him with calling the FBI, if he continuned to do so. He told me not to, that he would stop. That he never did! I only sold actual items from Japan. If I ever ordered an item, and it ended up being a bootleg, I returned it. If I could not return it, I destroyed it, at my cost. I was/am an advocate of turning in all bootleggers. Min was one of them. If you doubt that fact, just look at any of the video tapes he sold. Those xerox copy clamshell covers are a dead giveaway. In all likelyhood, Min moved to avoid prosecution. Why else would he move so far away?

You, sir, should never talk with your mouth full of......well, I will leave it up to all to figure that one out.

#300 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

I Am Legend Blu-Ray for $ 22.95 @ Meijer YMMV .

It looks like they come prestickered with the wrong price on them .

I had to get the price overridden , but I got it at that price .

card.pngl1.gif