Michigan Deal Thread

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#451 exagenous

exagenous

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Is there pinball? I am in if there is pinball.

#452 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

At least 15-20 pinball machines! Newer ones and classics. Its actually the best kept part of the arcade.

Ive been going there since I was 12, although I dont get in there much anymore its still a great place.

#453 Osirus313

Osirus313

CAG's Mega Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Lol. Still here just most deals are nationwide and I dont have any local game stores around me. Although they are closing the last great arcade in Metro Detroit this summer, so there is my contribution. Get out to Butterfly before they tear it down! :(

closing the butterfly huh?.....saw that coming

#454 edub3

edub3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

Good to see were still alive. I still haven't seen any good deals in the novi white lake area.

#455 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

closing the butterfly huh?.....saw that coming

Yeah the place is a shit hole but depending on how old you are you may remember when it was nice enough for families to hit up on the weekends. Its been on the market for a few years now, and I have always wanted to see it renovated. It could be the eastside Dave and Busters but better if done right. Sadly its being torn down for a Menards, as if Wal-Mart didn't destroy that intersection enough.

#456 cplater

cplater

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Lol. Still here just most deals are nationwide and I dont have any local game stores around me. Although they are closing the last great arcade in Metro Detroit this summer, so there is my contribution. Get out to Butterfly before they tear it down! :(

Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum is still open http://marvin3m.com/
Posted Image
Check out Dropbox!

#457 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'm going to miss that place :cry: Just went there a few months ago.
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175

#458 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hate my local walmart. Been looking for that $5 bin, or games on clearance - They never have it. I've asked them and they tell me they don't have one, yet the other stores nationwide do.

Probably have some lazy Fuck managers. Screw Grand Rapids.

#459 edub3

edub3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Has anyone had any luck with kmart clearance? The stores I've been checking aren't lowering anything.

#460 Osirus313

Osirus313

CAG's Mega Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

anybody checked out the new gameplay stores?

#461 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Have not heard of them..Got any links/info on locations?

#462 HomelessGamer

HomelessGamer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hey! Up in Flint their is a store that has crazy good deals. It called Disc Replay and had Fable 3 collectors edition for $20(used) every thing is used and once I got a NES dog bone controller for $10. They have ps1 for $10 and also movies, music, and tv box sets.
Here are the address's.

Battle Creek
5700 Beckley Rd
Suite B1A
Battle Creek, MI 49015 [map]
Phone: 269.282.1825
[next to Target, across from the Lakeview Mall]

Flint
3192G S. Linden Rd.
Flint, MI 48507 [map]
Phone: 810.732.5899
[Oak Brook Square, between
Buffalo Wild Wings & TJ Maxx]

Lansing
5831 W. Saginaw Hwy.
Lansing, MI 48917 [map]
Phone: 517.993.5250
[Across from the mall, between Bed Bath and Beyond and Hobby Lobby, next to Dollar Tree and the Drivers License Facility]
http://discreplay.com/index.html

PM if interested in any games but can't get there. (could workout deal)

Edited by HomelessGamer, 17 August 2012 - 09:23 PM.
Spaced out locations

#463 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Feel The Pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

Disc replay freaking rules! Flint is the closest one to me (like 40 miles away), but I was a frequent shopper at one in Mishawaka IN when i lived near there. Great prices on just about everything

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

Buy/Sell/Trade List http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=277132

#464 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

If you are looking for pinballs try Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor. I just moved out to Howell and the owner of Sharks Club is a diehard pin nut. He builds them a himself. Every machine is in mint condition. If say he has 35-50 pinballs. All for play.

#465 Osirus313

Osirus313

CAG's Mega Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

nobody has any local deals or stores?

Have Dexter Season 5 Sealed DVD
$20 Shipped

#466 Windseer

Windseer

Ps1/PSP Connoisseur

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

I live in Battle Creek atm. We have a Disc Traders here that is great for deals if you know keep current on the ballparks of different games (I do my best) Don't go in there expecting good customer service. All they do is sit behind the counter and BS. The only time they help you is when you ask them to. They are not rude by any stretch but they are in no way helpful if you don't know what to buy. It is the kind of store where you go in get your stuff and get out. If you like those kind of store then more power to 'ya. Just don't expect them them to know the price differences between condition tiers (IE: loose and cib are priced the same.) Anyway I can go on forever with my Love/Hate relationship with this store. They have the best selection (and now only R.I.P. my beloved Titans Entertainment Cafe) in town and "usually" the best prices. BTW if anyone wants a field report on the garage sale scene in town let me know. I have been Gsaling here for about 2  1/2 seasons and consider myself pretty well versed in this area.  

#467 BaIZIoo

BaIZIoo

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

I live in Battle Creek atm. We have a Disc Traders here that is great for deals if you know keep current on the ballparks of different games (I do my best) Don't go in there expecting good customer service. All they do is sit behind the counter and BS. The only time they help you is when you ask them to. They are not rude by any stretch but they are in no way helpful if you don't know what to buy. It is the kind of store where you go in get your stuff and get out. If you like those kind of store then more power to 'ya. Just don't expect them them to know the price differences between condition tiers (IE: loose and cib are priced the same.) Anyway I can go on forever with my Love/Hate relationship with this store. They have the best selection (and now only R.I.P. my beloved Titans Entertainment Cafe) in town and "usually" the best prices. BTW if anyone wants a field report on the garage sale scene in town let me know. I have been Gsaling here for about 2  1/2 seasons and consider myself pretty well versed in this area.  

We also have a Disc Traders on the West side of Lansing. Most of the time, I love the staff. They always are able to help, sometimes give recommendations, and are very friendly. However, I think there are occasional organizational issues. Did you guys have a Black Friday deal? We did, but it was incredibly unclear. The poster said 50% off all DVDs with many being $1, which was true. It also made it seem like you could get additional buy 1 get 1 50% off boxsets, but the employees said that wasn't true. I showed them the printout and the employees just shrugged. Furthermore, there was absolutely no forewarning of the deal until like, that morning, and I only learned of it through the poster they posted on Facebook. My friend bought DVDs the day before and they said nothing about it. I ended up getting a few CEs of movies and Simpsons boxsets on Thursday evening.

We then thought the deal extended to the following day (as that was actual Black Friday), and the poster most *definitely* made it seem that way as well. But they said the deal was over. I really don't understand what happened.

I kind of think they should recheck prices on games every now and then, as some used will be priced over the current MSRP. Despite these, it is definitely my favorite gaming and DVD store. There's still so many good deals to be had, and the store itself is very clean, unlike some other setups.

#468 Windseer

Windseer

Ps1/PSP Connoisseur

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

We had a Black "Thursday" in my Disc Traders. Though funny enough, Target (with was RIGHT next door!) was also have a Black Thursday sale. And to top it off they both started at the same time!!! Anyway the store had I think 20% off every thing, a buy 2 or 3 (can't remember which) get one free, all $3 or under  dvds  were $1.50, and if you bought 7 you got all of them for ten bucks. If memory serves me correct I got all 7 volumes of GITS SAC Season 1, Jet Grind Radio, and some other game. I had a bunch of other stuff I was going to buy that I had money for when you apply their "deals" but they got who checked me out game me one of the DVDs as my free items thus disabling my calculations. I wanted to argue but it was a meat grinder in their so I just wanted to get out. Also it's fun to go in their and just go in there and listen to some people talk about the Retro games.  Especially the ones who refuse to believe that a old Paper Mario is worth 30 bucks. (True Story)

#469 john73837

john73837

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

We had a Black "Thursday" in my Disc Traders. Though funny enough, Target (with was RIGHT next door!) was also have a Black Thursday sale. And to top it off they both started at the same time!!! Anyway the store had I think 20% off every thing, a buy 2 or 3 (can't remember which) get one free, all $3 or under  dvds  were $1.50, and if you bought 7 you got all of them for ten bucks. If memory serves me correct I got all 7 volumes of GITS SAC Season 1, Jet Grind Radio, and some other game. I had a bunch of other stuff I was going to buy that I had money for when you apply their "deals" but they got who checked me out game me one of the DVDs as my free items thus disabling my calculations. I wanted to argue but it was a meat grinder in their so I just wanted to get out. Also it's fun to go in their and just go in there and listen to some people talk about the Retro games.  Especially the ones who refuse to believe that a old Paper Mario is worth 30 bucks. (True Story)

you live in battle creek too, so do i.  i completely understand about the love/hate relationship with disc traders.  i have been looking for manuals recently, and they have a small collection of them.  every time i go in i want to look and try to get them to sell me just the manuals i need, because they never have the games labeled as to which come with manuals.  never get anywhere with them.  last time one of the guys was all set to sell them too me, but his buddy shot him down.  the store reminds me of 2nd chance in kalamazoo, which has been open long before disc traders; except with people that don't know as much about games.   

have you tried chapter 2 for another place in town?  they are now on columbia down across from woods pools.  they guy in there knows a lot about video games, and will try to keep an eye out for stuff for you.
as far as titan's you do realize they still have the game collection they used to have, which in my opinion was a little over priced.  sure they had some good games but they wanted more then i found on ebay or craigslist.

if you still live here, come find me at the meijer on columbia, i carry a 3ds around all day so if you have one u have probably streetpassed me. 

#470 Windseer

Windseer

Ps1/PSP Connoisseur

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

LOL I think we already do. I know a guy named john who works at meijer's and carry's his 3ds everywhere. The last time I saw him was at Burdettes. We run into each other from time to time. I am the one with the Zelda 3DS XL. I constantly talk about power rangers and it's Japanese counterparts. If you are who I think you are then I would be greatly amused.

#471 john73837

john73837

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

yup that' s me.

#472 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

You west Michganders are so funny!

SE Mi 'burb dweller.....

#473 Windseer

Windseer

Ps1/PSP Connoisseur

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

I was actually born and raised in Belleville, MI. I spent the first 23 years of my life there. I only moved to Battle Creek 3 years ago.