Michigan Deal Thread

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#31 Kagath

Kagath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:28 AM

Kagath where the Fuck is Petoskey because I work in Real Estate and this one company that we deal with always wants to do stuff in Petoskey. What big city is it near?

Top of your ring finger. North of TC about 60-65 miles.

#32 Photomotoz

Photomotoz

Magic Missile!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:42 AM

Haha, I love stuff like this! The fact that we can say where something is in the state by talking about where it is on our hands is totally awesome! Go Michigan!

#33 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:54 AM

Game Spot in Westland reminds me a lot of the small independent shops I saw in Japan. The owner is Japanese, so I guess it makes sense. Definately overpriced though. I haven't heard of a game store next to Farmer Jack in Milford. I only live about 10 minutes from there, so I'll have to check it out later this week!

#34 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:32 AM

Game Spot in Westland reminds me a lot of the small independent shops I saw in Japan. The owner is Japanese, so I guess it makes sense. Definately overpriced though. I haven't heard of a game store next to Farmer Jack in Milford. I only live about 10 minutes from there, so I'll have to check it out later this week!

Its a paintball, extreme sport, game store. its "...gecko..." something...im too tired to remember, but it does exist

#35 pistonfan

pistonfan

Maybe Next Year!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:08 AM

Now that video games are so main stream, there aren't that many place left other than the usual chain stores and the few other smaller stores already mentioned. I have heard that sometime early next year some of the Best Buy here in SE MI area may begin taking game trades. I wonder what kind of values they'll offer.

While we're talking about our old favorite shops that no longer exist, does anyone remember "My Games People Play" located in Waterford along M-59? This place was great. They opened during the old NES days and closed midway during the PS1 era (too many robberies and a blockbuster opened next door). They had 4 TVs set-up and would let you try out any game, kept a call list for popular rentals letting you know when it was turned back in, and was the first place I ever saw used games being sold. My favorite part was that older rentals were 99 cents, new releases were $2.99 for 2-3 days and you got a free rental for every 10 games rented. The 8 bit days were so much simpler and cheapass.

#36 aoLat

aoLat

In West Clowndelphia...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:14 AM

Michigan IS the U.S. Plus aren't we the most overweight state, too? :sad:

#37 kazo

kazo

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:14 AM

There's an import shop, called Game Spot, on Ford road between Newburgh and Merriman. Everything is over priced, and the guy will treat you like shit if you don't buy something, haha! So, I guess it's not that great of a place for CAGs.

Hell yes, the owner's name is min and a complete ass! Import games are way way way over priced and i'm scared to trade in anything there. They wanted $10 bucks for madden 06, 2 days after it came out. a friend of mine wanted to trade it in there, no can do now.

but I got a universal PSone from them for $50 with a brand new screen and the box. pretty good I guess...

#38 the3rdkey

the3rdkey

Foot Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:25 AM

Did anyone mention the GameSpot on Ford Rd in Westland that has imports? It not GameStop...
Posted Image

#39 ErekoseDM

ErekoseDM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:42 AM

does anyone know where i can get my ps2 repaired in MI anywhere within reason around downtown detroit? ill drive like an hour out no problems if i can get it fixed, id like to avoid buying a 'new' used system from eb. i keep getting leads but they all fake out.

my ps2 will boot however i think the optical drive got messed up hardcore. when i moved up here i opened my door to get my stuff outta my car, and the ps2 decided to take a swan dive. i bought that mug new and kept it in perfect shape. 0_o

#40 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:46 AM

Erekose, the only place that comes even close to mind is what 3rdkey just mentioned. Other than that...i guess either the internet or retail bait and switch are your friend

#41 ErekoseDM

ErekoseDM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:49 AM

how can one do the retail bait and switch with a fatty ps2. i need my hd ^_^

and was it a gamespot or a gamestop that might do repairs on Ford Rd in Westland. i had some fool tell me to look for gamespot, then another mentioned like CD ___ something.

#42 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:53 AM

Kind of off topic but still on topic...

Anyone who lives in Kalamazoo/Portage area, there is an old Kmart on Westnedge right on the main strip across from the mall and NO ONE buys games there. Always tons of rare stuff. They even have a nice selection on ps1 and dreamcast games last time I checked. Some of their stuff is overpriced (even the stuff that is listed as clearance on the kmart clearance thread, maybe they didn't get the memo?) but there selection for older/rare games is pretty nice.
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#43 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for the info that is way too far from where we work in Detroit.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#44 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:10 AM

Heads up for anyone in need of a new or second PS2. Meijer is having a Super Saturday sale tomorrow and PS2's are 129.99. 6am to midnight.

if you apply for a credit card you can get another 10% off and maybe a coupon for $10 off.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#45 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2005 - 07:01 AM

I got the newest Microcenter ad in the mail a few days late, NBA 2K6 for PS2 or Xbox is only $29.99 now (started on the 17th actually) through the 30th, plus you get a $10 gift card when you buy it. The ad didn't mention if the GC was given instantly or through a mail in.

Microcenter is across from Oakland Mall where the Abbey was. They are scattered across the country, but I've heard the deals vary so that's why I'm just posting this for my Michigan peeps.

#46 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:31 AM

I remember that place, still have a business card I picked up. I was only in there once, but was impressed. They had a ton of import ps1 games at a time when I had just modded my playstation. It was like a more hardcore gamer's version of a Funcoland.

As for other stores, there are the Blockbusters with Gamerush stores and in SE MI there are flea markets like Dixieland in Waterford and Gibraltar in Taylor and Mt. Clemens that usually have a booth or two with new and used games. There is also a Hollywood Video Gamecrazy store in West Bloomfield at Haggerty & Pontiac Trail.

It's surprising how far one will drive in the traffic & road construction we have here just to save some $$ on games.

I used to go there all the time. At the end, I missed a huge going out of business sale they had. 80% off everything. Fuckin sucked missing it.
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175

#47 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:48 PM

I got the newest Microcenter ad in the mail a few days late, NBA 2K6 for PS2 or Xbox is only $29.99 now (started on the 17th actually) through the 30th, plus you get a $10 gift card when you buy it. The ad didn't mention if the GC was given instantly or through a mail in.

Microcenter is across from Oakland Mall where the Abbey was. They are scattered across the country, but I've heard the deals vary so that's why I'm just posting this for my Michigan peeps.

Thanks I always wondered where the nearest Microcenter was. They have some good deals every so often.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#48 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

play source was awsome. I went there at least every other week. Loved it. But then both stores just kind of closed suddenly, no going out of business sale, not much warning, just bam. I wonder what they did with all those extra games? And speaking of it, does anyone know what happened ? Did they move, set up shop somewhere else, etc?

I think they just went under. I had no idea it was coming - a month or so before the Troy (?) store closed, a sign appeared saying that the owner was "on vacation." I don't think they ever came back. :cry:

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#49 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:31 PM

I think they just went under. I had no idea it was coming - a month or so before the Troy (?) store closed, a sign appeared saying that the owner was "on vacation." I don't think they ever came back. :cry:

Madison Heights, actually, but you are still correct about the rest.

#50 roc's feather

roc's feather

Man about town

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:57 AM

bummer. But who knows. Maybe the owner is a CAG.
"We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are." - Max De Pree
Posted Image

#51 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

I hate our the state of our state. :O

#52 heavy liquid

heavy liquid

tastes like burning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:38 PM

I hate our the state of our state. :O

Hah.. true. Michigan is a great state, but we're really struggling with the unemployment rate right now. Is it still the worst in the country? I wouldn't want to lose my job anytime soon, even though I can't stand it.

Oh, and I agree about Game Spot. Sometimes you can suss out a good deal, but it's really difficult. You can find imports and rare games there, but you'll definitely have to pay for them.

#53 Morrigan Lover

Morrigan Lover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

Nice little mom and pop store across the boarder in north Toledo:

http://vgug.com/
Posted Image

#54 kazo

kazo

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:51 PM

^thanks for the site, good selection of DC games there.

Just to give y'all a deal, I saw forza motorsport for the xbox at gamecrazy for $13.49 (with MVP). Pretty good racer I must say and anyone got any good PS2 deals???

#55 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:35 PM

FWIW, almost all of our anime dvd's. new & used, are $5. There are few Box sets/Dvd with box ones that are $10-$20. Nothing too new or amazing, but a few oldies and some dvd's in the middle of random series

#56 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

Hah.. true. Michigan is a great state, but we're really struggling with the unemployment rate right now. Is it still the worst in the country? I wouldn't want to lose my job anytime soon, even though I can't stand it.

Oh, yeah. I agree.

And I didn't notice the fragrant Engrish in my earlier post. :lol:

#57 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image
There's a bit more then shown in the "new" section.

#58 Renegade

Renegade

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

The Commerce Township GameRush has some older games... they're almost out of Dreamcast games and the good N64 games, but they've still got some good stuff left for relatively inexpensive. It's also great if you happen to be looking for Sega Genesis sports titles. :P

8350 Richardson Rd
Commerce Township, MI 48382

#59 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:10 AM

Anyone Michigan people want a strategy guide for Goldeneye:Rogue Agent or YuGiOh Capsule Monster Coliseum for free? I've got two of each to get rid of.

Also, if the two guys who almost came to blows at the GLC KB Toys over the last copy of Gran Turismo 4 are reading this, I'm laughing at you.

#60 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:43 AM

Madison Heights, actually, but you are still correct about the rest.

Yeah, it blew that it closed to be honest. I scored a lot of music and games there on the cheap.
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175