Michigan Deal Thread

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#61 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:52 AM

I think they just went under. I had no idea it was coming - a month or so before the Troy (?) store closed, a sign appeared saying that the owner was "on vacation." I don't think they ever came back. :cry:

Madison Heights, actually, but you are still correct about the rest.

Yeah, it blew that it closed to be honest. I scored a lot of music and games there on the cheap.
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175

#62 Spoon_si

Spoon_si

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:04 AM

Anyone Michigan people want a strategy guide for Goldeneye:Rogue Agent or YuGiOh Capsule Monster Coliseum for free? I've got two of each to get rid of.

Also, if the two guys who almost came to blows at the GLC KB Toys over the last copy of Gran Turismo 4 are reading this, I'm laughing at you.

I have a few copys of Full spectrum warrior Guide.. if anybody is interested...

it's free for pick up or you pay for exact shipping...
Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=213284
Updated: 02-03-09

Posted Image

#63 Renegade

Renegade

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

I havent had a chance to check, but ive heard theres some sort of game store near Farmer Jacks in Milford....

I just checked up there when I was getting lunch. :)

There's a store that sells games and paintball stuff called "Savage Gecko's". It's got quite a few older games (they do have a lot of newer games too), but they seemed to be a little more expensive.

#64 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, i'll at least have to take a look in there...but with all of my Gamerush pre-orders coming in, looking for new games is pretty low on my priorities list :)

#65 Machine

Machine

Welcome to the Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:19 PM

There was a cool little independent video game shop called Video Games & More in Flint that repaired all systems, installed mod chips, and had tons of used games for older systems (not just current gen). Unfortunately, it got shut down a year or two ago - the rumor was that they were busted for tax evasion.

#66 racketboy

racketboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:24 PM

bummer -- sad to see unique game stores disappear...

#67 kazo

kazo

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:10 AM

so did anyone here in michigan get an xbox 360?

I got mine at 9am, walked into game crazy bought it and walked out easily. Took me ten mins and plus there was no line!

#68 CantB76

CantB76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:19 PM

got my 360 at midnight in Ypsilanti at Gamestop

#69 pistonfan

pistonfan

Maybe Next Year!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:16 PM

I got mine at 9am, walked into game crazy bought it and walked out easily. Took me ten mins and plus there was no line!

Got one! I got to my Gamerush at 10 minutes to 10. There were about 3 other people waiting in their cars. The store opened at 10 and I was the only one who was waiting that was picking up a 360. One woman waited to see if they had any for sale and another of the people waiting was an employee there to get his preorder. No lines, no fights, no flu, and was at home by 10:20 playing Project Gotham.

As a side note, the 360 is amazing. (Though I'm playing on an HDTV). I find that I keep pausing NBA 2k6 to look at the players and even noticed that you can see the screws and screwdriver slots on the rim. Also, XBOX LIVE seems to work a little faster at connects.

#70 Tojo

Tojo

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:56 AM

There was a cool little independent video game shop called Video Games & More in Flint that repaired all systems, installed mod chips, and had tons of used games for older systems (not just current gen). Unfortunately, it got shut down a year or two ago - the rumor was that they were busted for tax evasion.

The guy who opened that store used to be my boss when I worked at Funcoland. There's your fun fact for the day.
Posted Image

#71 kazo

kazo

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:13 AM

As a side note, the 360 is amazing. (Though I'm playing on an HDTV). I find that I keep pausing NBA 2k6 to look at the players and even noticed that you can see the screws and screwdriver slots on the rim. Also, XBOX LIVE seems to work a little faster at connects.

I was about to pick up nba 2k6 on friday! And xbox live has gotten fast as hell, so far I haven't seen any lag in PGR3 and PDZ.

oh and post y'all gamertags so I can add yas.

#72 joeposh

joeposh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:41 AM

Probably a pointless post but does anyone know of any stores in southeastern Michigan (I live in Ann Arbor) that still have Xbox 360's in stock? I wasn't too interested at first but now I'm kinda jonzing for one.

#73 The Dord

The Dord

Game Center CX fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:18 AM

I got mine at 9am, walked into game crazy bought it and walked out easily.
Took me ten mins and plus there was no line!

Got mine through the Sperm-Reducing Contest*

* AKA Every10minutes Mountain Dew Promotion :D

Posted Image
Bing rewards. Earn Points for free Microsoft Points!

#74 Sulik2

Sulik2

Fallout Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:12 PM

On 360s I called a bunch of stores in the area about them today. The only one that said they would be getting any soon was one of the Targets I called. Looks like if you want one, camping for BBs second launch event is going to be necessary. No one had any in stock.

On another question, anyone know if any gamerushes in the same area have actually gotten any more 360 games in? They were like empty when I was looking to buy some games before my 360 broke.

Update- Found one circuit city that said they are expecting some in before christmas. Probably only 5 or 6 and to call back in a week and a half. Which, no surprise, is about the 16. I wonder if CC is going to try and do something like BB is doing with their second launch thing. Just with a lot less consoles.

Also, their is a post in another thread with Wal-Mart allocation numbers for the next few weeks. Anyone get a hold of any walmarts that expect to get their 3 in this week?

#75 heavy liquid

heavy liquid

tastes like burning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

On 360s I called a bunch of stores in the area about them today. The only one that said they would be getting any soon was one Target. Looks like if you want one, camping for BBs second launch event is going to be necessary. No one had any in stock. On another question, anyone know if any gamerushes in the same area have actually gotten any more 360 games in? They were like empty when I was looking to buy some games before my 360 broke.

Do you mean for rent at Gamerush? The couple stores I looked at haven't had too many copies available, and most have continuously been rented out. I did manage to snag King Kong for rent yesterday though.

Side note: WTF @ $8 rentals now?! Also, you HAVE to have a credit card approved in order to rent 360 games, and it cost me $1 for them to do so. So the game was a Total of $9 to rent. Still, it's better than paying $60 for King Kong.

Also, I notice that it's a 5-Day game rental. Didn't they get rid of the late fees, so we can now keep them out longer? So what's the latest I can return the game without any additional fees?

#76 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:43 PM

Are you talking about the one on Corunna Rd just west of Linden? I scored so much retro stuff there. Man he had everything from Atari to Vetrex systems, carts, and controllers. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't stock up on some of the rarer stuff before he was gone.

He told me he had a storage warehouse full of stuff that he was gearing up to unload on eBay. I gave him my card and told him to call me before he got rid of everything, but he never did.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#77 Draccius

Draccius

I heart Beta Rays!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, I got mine at midnight through preordering at Gamestop. It would have been completely painless but somebody that is mathematically challenged miscalculated the costs of the 360, so everyone who prepaid still owed $1.50. Took a little while to geet out the door. But, at least I didn't have to camp!

#78 Sulik2

Sulik2

Fallout Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:18 PM

Do you mean for rent at Gamerush? The couple stores I looked at haven't had too many copies available, and most have continuously been rented out. I did manage to snag King Kong for rent yesterday though.

Side note: WTF @ $8 rentals now?! Also, you HAVE to have a credit card approved in order to rent 360 games, and it cost me $1 for them to do so. So the game was a Total of $9 to rent. Still, it's better than paying $60 for King Kong.

Also, I notice that it's a 5-Day game rental. Didn't they get rid of the late fees, so we can now keep them out longer? So what's the latest I can return the game without any additional fees?

Nope I mean to buy. I know it was so wierd. I had $150 in store credit at Gamerush and the only thing I could buy from them was a play n charge kit and a 1600 point marketplace card. They never got any of their normal PD0, even had it predorder, as of last thursday still hadn't gotten em, finally canceled my preorder. They were sold out of controllers and COD2. I wanted to give my business to Gamerush and had to go to Bestbuy instead. It was really wierd.

#79 Tojo

Tojo

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

Does anyone have any Family Videos near them? I noticed at the one by me they have 360's for rent along with a bunch of games. I'm sure there is a deposit for renting but they have pretty good prices on rentals.

$10 a month and you get 1/2 all rentals. It's worth it if you plan on renting some games and a movies a lot. $3 to keep a game for 5 days? Not bad at all.
Posted Image

#80 Lord Draconus777

Lord Draconus777

Free fajitas for all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:10 AM

Anything decent in or around Shelby Twp.? All I see are friggin gamestop's, not that that's bad seeing as they're a decent store to build my psx collection and all... but that's beside the point.

#81 kazo

kazo

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:58 AM

Does anyone have any Family Videos near them? I noticed at the one by me they have 360's for rent along with a bunch of games. I'm sure there is a deposit for renting but they have pretty good prices on rentals.

$10 a month and you get 1/2 all rentals. It's worth it if you plan on renting some games and a movies a lot. $3 to keep a game for 5 days? Not bad at all.

damn, I didn't know that! I have rented games from hollywood video and they upped the price from 6 bucks to $7. I think i'll go back to family video when i get my xbox back from microsoft.
Posted Image

#82 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:09 AM

Nice little mom and pop store across the boarder in north Toledo:

http://vgug.com/

I live very close to that (among the other Toledo residents I'm sure), it's small.

As far as Michigan goes, I'm up in Luna Pier (desolate town) weekly. But nobody goes there.

#83 Sarcasmo2k5

Sarcasmo2k5

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:26 AM

Ann Arbor area seems to be dry of 360's. I've called every few days with no luck. No one's really given me a solid answer as to when they're getting more in. I guess I'll just wait for the 18th like everyone else... If anyone hear's anything in the Ann Arbor area (specifically UofM) let me know!
Thanks

#84 kazo

kazo

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:59 AM

Ann Arbor area seems to be dry of 360's. I've called every few days with no luck. No one's really given me a solid answer as to when they're getting more in. I guess I'll just wait for the 18th like everyone else... If anyone hear's anything in the Ann Arbor area (specifically UofM) let me know!
Thanks

If you can get to westland, I got a couple gaming store connections and I let ya know when they get any in. goes for anyone here as well.
Posted Image

#85 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

How is it that the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area is one of the largest areas with tons of bussines....yet we have no mom and pop video game places? I mean ya there are a few indy places that just HAPPAN to carry video games like Vault of Midnight, Wizzywig and Fun4All(worst store ever)but they arnt really video game places and kinda just have them as a hey these might sell type thing.

Kinda annoying. O well.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#86 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

...Wizzy wig has games?
Gaming accessories i know all too well, but actual games?

#87 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:40 AM

...Wizzy wig has games?

I havnt seen games there in awhile. WHen they have them they are in a glass case at the counter where you pay. And they only have imports.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#88 ninjaspeedrazor

ninjaspeedrazor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:05 AM

I live in Mt.Pleasant, the only mom and pop we have uses ebay prices. I was like WTF Chrono Trigger SNES, then I was like WTF 80 bucks?! Ya, screw that.

#89 r_koh

r_koh

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

I preordered my 360 from a Gamerush in Roseville back in June, but then they gave me a call the day before launch to tell me they only got 5 systems in and I was number 6 on the list. :(

#90 roc's feather

roc's feather

Man about town

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

...Wizzy wig has games?

Mmm, yeah I've only seen imports there. But they have a TON of gaming related toys, wallscrolls, knick-knacks floating around. Picked up some actuall Pikmin about a year ago. Really cool shop, that.
"We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are." - Max De Pree
Posted Image