Michigan Deal Thread

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#181 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

Any CAGS wanna hear me on the Radio IN the greater Detroit area(Im a professional Radio Broadcaster) Tune into 90.9 FM between 3-6pm Im the traffic anchor. The reports are Usually at the :20 :40 and :50 Each Hour.

Im also on 107.5 FM The Rythum doing the same thing at :10 and :30 between 3:10 and 5:30. I work for a company which provides News , traffic and weather and have no relation with the stations content. Im also the Fulltime News anchor on WDTK 1400am between 12-7pm. Top and Bottom of the hours. :bouncy:

Hm. I might have to hit you up for a job one of these days. I worked at WJR doing various behind-the-scenes production and the on-air flight cancellation report during Paul W Smith's show for about a year before getting laid off (pretty much anyone who was under 50 and/or hadn't been there for at least half a decade was blown out). This was about a year and a half ago; I was going to get another radio job but got sucked into where I am now doing EDI & computer support for a totally seperate company.
Posted Image

#182 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

If anyone in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area is ever up for some garage saling I would split gas costs with them. Im 23 but dont drive(working on it)because I had some social disabilties when I was in my teens whcih kept me from being able to take the test/drivers ed.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#183 aoLat

aoLat

In West Clowndelphia...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

I had some social disabilties when I was in my teens whcih kept me from being able to take the test/drivers ed.

Is that you in your avatar when you were a teen?!

I'm sorry that was terrible.

#184 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

Is that you in your avatar when you were a teen?!

I'm sorry that was terrible.

Hehe I had problems being around people because I passed out not because I killed them ;)
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher

#185 aoLat

aoLat

In West Clowndelphia...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:49 PM

Hehe I had problems being around people because I passed out not because I killed them ;)

Well that's a relief. :D

#186 kennistond

kennistond

I'm so LOST

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:10 PM

If anyone lives in the Tri-Cities area and wants to Garage Sale and split gas money sometime, let me know.

And if anybody knows a way to find out a lot of Garage Sales in MI, let me know.
I tried Craigslist but I guess MI hasn't found out about it yet.

#187 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:50 PM

If anyone lives in the Tri-Cities area and wants to Garage Sale and split gas money sometime, let me know.

And if anybody knows a way to find out a lot of Garage Sales in MI, let me know.
I tryed Craigslist but I guess MI hasn't found out about it yet.

I rather expected to see a post like this after the front page article got posted.

#188 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:13 PM

I rather expected to see a post like this after the front page article got posted.

I did it too. Makes sense though, I mean gas is expensive and going to garage sales is alot more fun with another person. Cheaper gas and company from a fellow gamer makes perfect sense.

#189 PigeonSt

PigeonSt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

Any CAGS wanna hear me on the Radio IN the greater Detroit area(Im a professional Radio Broadcaster) Tune into 90.9 FM between 3-6pm Im the traffic anchor. The reports are Usually at the :20 :40 and :50 Each Hour.

Im also on 107.5 FM The Rythum doing the same thing at :10 and :30 between 3:10 and 5:30. I work for a company which provides News , traffic and weather and have no relation with the stations content. Im also the Fulltime News anchor on WDTK 1400am between 12-7pm. Top and Bottom of the hours. :bouncy:

I love 90.9! That's pretty much all I listen to. Isn't there someone who does traffic reports under a radio name that's some kind of traffic pun on that site? I forget what the name is though...

#190 PigeonSt

PigeonSt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:47 AM

I love 90.9! That's pretty much all I listen to. Isn't there someone who does traffic reports under a radio name that's some kind of traffic pun on that site? I forget what the name is though...

I just remembered...Barry Kade.

#191 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:26 PM

For anyone near Warren, the Meijer at Mound Rd. and 12 Mile opens on Tuesday at 7am. Along with the usual doorbusters, games and dvd's are buy one get one half one.

From 8/8-8/13 you get 20% off your first purchase when you apply for a Meijer card.

Garfield will be there on Saturday and NFL LEGEND Barry Sanders will be there on Thursday.

#192 fuerstma

fuerstma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

Just in case anyone is interested, the Mammoth Video in Commerce Township on the corners of Commerce and Carrol Lake road is having an sidewalk sale. All their used PS2/GCN/XBOX games are $8. The only things that caught my eye were Halo 2 (lots of copies), a CastleVania game for PS2 and Psychonauts. Lots of other games there (probably 200 total when I was there).

#193 kazo

kazo

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:49 AM

Hey did any of you happen to get a 12 month xbl kit for cheap around michigan?? I am in dire need of one if anyone here can help, I got 20 bucks burning my pocket lol.. PM me please so I can hunt one down... or if any of you have one for sale.

Also can i price match a reciept for a 3 month xbl kit I bought at toysrus at best buy??
Posted Image

#194 XXXplosive1

XXXplosive1

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

Hey guys, I work part-time at the compusa at the CompUSA in Bloomfield Hills on Telegraph. We are going out of business and a liqudator has taken over the store. All the systems, games, and accessories are 15% off and we have 9 Xbox 360's for $340 if anyone needs one. We have all the new releases through the last week of July so you can get some games on the cheap as well.

#195 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:47 AM

Hey did any of you happen to get a 12 month xbl kit for cheap around michigan?? I am in dire need of one if anyone here can help, I got 20 bucks burning my pocket lol.. PM me please so I can hunt one down... or if any of you have one for sale.

Also can i price match a reciept for a 3 month xbl kit I bought at toysrus at best buy??

If you have a Gamerush near you they have the 12 Month XBL Kit with Game for only $17.50 on clearance. Also, it is a YMMV on the price match of the receipt because most stores don't do it but some do.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#196 kazo

kazo

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:43 AM

Hey guys, I work part-time at the compusa at the CompUSA in Bloomfield Hills on Telegraph. We are going out of business and a liqudator has taken over the store. All the systems, games, and accessories are 15% off and we have 9 Xbox 360's for $340 if anyone needs one. We have all the new releases through the last week of July so you can get some games on the cheap as well.

Hey do y'all have any computer deals goin on there???

And no go on game rush, the closest to me is in livonia lol and i'm in westland.
Posted Image

#197 PigeonSt

PigeonSt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:15 PM

Is there any chance that the clearences go lower than 15% and when would they do that?

#198 XXXplosive1

XXXplosive1

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:01 AM

They have gone to 20% on some products including games.

Computers are being sold too fast and we wont get any more from other stores. We do have a shit load of monitors and actually have a 17inch widscreen lcd for under $200 with a 8ms response rate.

#199 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

They have gone to 20% on some products including games.

Computers are being sold too fast and we wont get any more from other stores. We do have a shit load of monitors and actually have a 17inch widscreen lcd for under $200 with a 8ms response rate.

Damn. I'm at the PSP next door once a month. I'll have to pop in next time.

Is any computer software (not games) being clearanced or is it being shipped to other stores?

#200 XXXplosive1

XXXplosive1

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:23 AM

Damn. I'm at the PSP next door once a month. I'll have to pop in next time.

Is any computer software (not games) being clearanced or is it being shipped to other stores?

Since we went to 20%, a large majority of the software was shipped back to the manufactures since most non-gaming software is issued on consignment. We still have some but not as much as we had a week ago.

#201 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

I'm guessing you're a Wayne Stater? Specs Howard tends to put people everywhere else but Detroit.

I did the Specs thing back in the late 90's and went to class with a lot of people that went on to 97.1. I always seemed to get the christian radio stations, though. Last gig I did was weekends at 1500am (I think!) and I left because that I was my second job - my "main" job was I had just started working for Big Blue making about six times what any other station wanted to pay me, plus OT, bennies, 401(k), etc. Not a hard decision to switch...

I do kinda miss it at times, because it was such a fun job - and most people don't realize that you're usually always busy. When I am feeling masochistic, I sometimes consider looking for an overnight shift in addition to my ~50 hr a week day job.

The funniest on-air thing that ever happened to me was I was filling in on the Fourth of July and while I was on the air, I heard a knock at my door. The person I was filling in for NEVER told me she had scheduled an in-studio guest for an interview and CD giveaway. So I fumbled my way through the interview (asking the most basic questions) and decided to give away a few CDs. I said the fifth person to call would win the first of the guest's CDs...and no one called! I felt embarrassed for the guest and when the phone finally rang, I announced them the winner. (Only to find out later that the station never sent the CDs out to them!)

I know...way off topic (and a several month old post), but sometimes, I do kinda miss radio...

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#202 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:44 PM

I'm guessing you're a Wayne Stater? Specs Howard tends to put people everywhere else but Detroit.

I did the Specs thing back in the late 90's and went to class with a lot of people that went on to 97.1. I always seemed to get the christian radio stations, though. Last gig I did was weekends at 1500am (I think!) and I left because that I was my second job - my "main" job was I had just started working for Big Blue making about six times what any other station wanted to pay me, plus OT, bennies, 401(k), etc. Not a hard decision to switch...

I do kinda miss it at times, because it was such a fun job - and most people don't realize that you're usually always busy. When I am feeling masochistic, I sometimes consider looking for an overnight shift in addition to my ~50 hr a week day job.

The funniest on-air thing that ever happened to me was I was filling in on the Fourth of July and while I was on the air, I heard a knock at my door. The person I was filling in for NEVER told me she had scheduled an in-studio guest for an interview and CD giveaway. So I fumbled my way through the interview (asking the most basic questions) and decided to give away a few CDs. I said the fifth person to call would win the first of the guest's CDs...and no one called! I felt embarrassed for the guest and when the phone finally rang, I announced them the winner. (Only to find out later that the station never sent the CDs out to them!)

I know...way off topic (and a several month old post), but sometimes, I do kinda miss radio...

That's odd. I've not seen much in the way of IBM employees in the tri-county area,,,

#203 PigeonSt

PigeonSt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

I enjoyed the post. I worked for my high school radio station for two years and we really racked up the MAB and MAEB awards. Being a dj and sports director was a ton of fun and I miss it all the time.

#204 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:00 AM

That's odd. I've not seen much in the way of IBM employees in the tri-county area,,,

Really? The main (now only) IBM building is right on 9 mile and Southfield in Southfield. I used to work on the ninth floor there until I was trasnferred to a customer account. I loved my desk there. My desk was at the window facing Fox 2 and I would watch the Skyfox helicopter take off and land all the time...

I spent many years though as a "road warrior" before that and also did a lot of POS stuff for Best Buy and Target...things I do not miss at all...

#205 kazo

kazo

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:32 AM

sorry to bump the thread back into life but whats everybody gonna get on friday?? I am trying to get a copy of the outfit so far.

#206 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:01 AM

sorry to bump the thread back into life but whats everybody gonna get on friday?? I am trying to get a copy of the outfit so far.

A little late, admittedly, but I got jack. I'm a little short on cash for the next week and I really didn't want to blow what was left on some of the HDTV sales I saw. (However, I came THIS close to buying that door buster one at BB anyway...)

#207 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:14 PM

Got nothing. The Wii+ Zelda purchase killed my BF funding...buying Raving Rabbids 2 days later sure didnt help :)

#208 Sulik2

Sulik2

Fallout Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:16 PM

edited guy below was right
Posted Image

#209 stealth1290

stealth1290

Lord of the folding team

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:59 AM

Hey guys, I have a PS3 60gb I would like to sell to a Cagger in Michigan if possible for a local pickup. I live in Canton and am wanting to sell the 60GB PS3 for $860 and avoid the pain of selling on Ebay. I would accept cash and money order only for a local pickup. If anyone is interested leave me a PM. If it works with my schedule, I would even deliver the system.

Posted Image
Posted Image

come on man, that's not cool, plus this is a DEALS thread not to be mistaken with a "sell over MSRP because I waited outside target for an hour" thread.
Posted Image

#210 XXXplosive1

XXXplosive1

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:28 AM

Anybody know where to find a damn Wii in this state. I have hit over 30 stores in the past four days with no sucess. I am in Detroit close to Fairlane mall if that helps.