Photo
- - - - -

Michigan Deal Thread

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#241 Critical123

Critical123

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

any one no any import game stores in Canton,Novi,Sterling Heights,Detroit,Westland,Northville,Plymouth,troy can u give me the number and adresses please

#242 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

any one no any import game stores in Canton,Novi,Sterling Heights,Detroit,Westland,Northville,Plymouth,troy can u give me the number and adresses please

Masquerade games: 10 Mile Rd, Eastpointe.
The selection is old, and doesn't change often at all, but they'll usually do ordering for you.

Game Quest: Gratiot and 21 mile rd.
The store owner doesn't have much in the way of imports, but he has a reasonable selection of old used titles for most formats, and has no issue doing special orders for customers.

#243 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

If anybody's looking for some Wiimotes or WiiPlay, the Meijer in Brighton has 1/2 dozen of each today, FYI.

No Wii consoles, though, they sold out this morning.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#244 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

Man,

I remember when DIEHARD game stores were around..one in Waterford and one in Rochester, I played the Saturn there b4 it was released stateside. I was in awe of that wall of imports..man, good times. 8-)

I wish there was one closer. There used to be one on Canal and Garfield roads in Sterling Heights..what was that? Gamesource? Long gone too. :cry:

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#245 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:05 AM

I miss real gamestores... South-East Michigan myself here, close to Toledo, OH even.

#246 DarkYoda

DarkYoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

Just a heads up Quake 4 (360) $19 - 10% at the CUSA in Grand Rapids.

Didn't really see anything else that seemed like a good deal but I was just in and out real quick.

#247 kazo

kazo

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

there used to be gamespot in garden city but I guess he closed down since there in a game stop right down the street from him and his import games were sold at too high a price.

I miss those game stores, anyone ever heard of doug's dugout before? it was an anime/sportscard store in garden city as well (right by gamespot) I wonder whatever happend to him....

#248 DarkYoda

DarkYoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:02 AM

Just a fyi for anyone in the Grand Rapids area we do have an indy video game store called

Vidiots
LINKY to google map. Used stuff as well as new. Nice place to check out if your looking for older system stuff as well.

#249 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:39 PM

there used to be gamespot in garden city but I guess he closed down since there in a game stop right down the street from him and his import games were sold at too high a price.

I miss those game stores, anyone ever heard of doug's dugout before? it was an anime/sportscard store in garden city as well (right by gamespot) I wonder whatever happend to him....

Two week old post, I know, but I know the store you're talking about - it's less than a mile from my house. I just noticed a few weeks ago that the GameSpot (as opposed to gamestop) is gone, and I wondered about Dougs. Maybe A to Z cards and comics put him out of business...?

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#250 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:49 PM

Two week old post, I know, but I know the store you're talking about - it's less than a mile from my house. I just noticed a few weeks ago that the GameSpot (as opposed to gamestop) is gone, and I wondered about Dougs. Maybe A to Z cards and comics put him out of business...?

I bought my Asian Dreamcast [no modem] from GameSpot .

card.pngl1.gif

#251 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

Has anyone been to a CompUsa lately?

#252 SScorpio

SScorpio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:49 PM

My fiancee's brother used to work there. If you listened to the CAG cast a few weeks ago where there was the discussion about video game retailers you'll know why he closed shop. Min the owner moved down to Atlanta to open a gaming cafe.

As for Doug, he was an asshole who blatenly sold fan subs on VHS tapes we made himself. He and Min had a feud going on.

#253 crolius

crolius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:30 AM

I was just at the CompUsa in Novi and it was a joke. I can't believe how much stuff they've sold at miniscule discounts. It was a total waste of time.

#254 BelmontHeir

BelmontHeir

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:45 AM

I just created an entire new topic for this but I probably should have just posted the question here (sorry):

does anyone know of any game stores in Michigan - really anywhere in the lower peninsula but preferably within 1-2 hours of Detroit - that still carry PS1 games, new or used?

I'd greatly appreciate the help!!!

#255 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

I was just at the CompUsa in Novi and it was a joke. I can't believe how much stuff they've sold at miniscule discounts. It was a total waste of time.

I'm 5 minutes away, and after seeing what people did when I helped close up the Novi Kmart and the crap they would buy at %10 off... I havent even bothered.

#256 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

I'm 5 minutes away, and after seeing what people did when I helped close up the Novi Kmart and the crap they would buy at %10 off... I havent even bothered.

I still don't regret buying my Mindstorms set... those things NEVER go on sale.
:)

#257 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:53 PM

:) Crap... I should go in just to check on those... again

#258 kazo

kazo

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

My fiancee's brother used to work there. If you listened to the CAG cast a few weeks ago where there was the discussion about video game retailers you'll know why he closed shop. Min the owner moved down to Atlanta to open a gaming cafe.

As for Doug, he was an asshole who blatenly sold fan subs on VHS tapes we made himself. He and Min had a feud going on.

Holy crap!! I didn't know that.. I gotta find that gaming cafe lol I am visiting family in atlanta next month and I wouldn't mind paying him a visit :) I really miss his gamestore (I bought my launch PS2 from there and he repaired a couple of my systems too).

Didn't know that about doug tho, I only bought DBZ and Gundam manga from him.. still got some of my newtype mags I got from him as well. but damn that sucks.

#259 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

I just created an entire new topic for this but I probably should have just posted the question here (sorry):

does anyone know of any game stores in Michigan - really anywhere in the lower peninsula but preferably within 1-2 hours of Detroit - that still carry PS1 games, new or used?

I'd greatly appreciate the help!!!

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any. If there are any independents in the area that I'm not aware of - which is a very real possibility, given that I live in Ann Arbor for most of the year now - then that'd be your best bet. Most of the GameStops and EBs have been sold out for some time, and GameCrazy and GameRush stores have a selection that's at least 90% sports games if they've got anything left at all.

Are there any independent game stores in the Metro Detroit area? The last one I remember was Playsource, but they've been gone for years.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#260 shyataroo

shyataroo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:10 AM

there is a EB games on 7 mile and haggerty.

there is a EB games AND a game Stop in oakpark (follow novi road till you get to the big mall) other than that there is

a Best Buy on 8 and haggerty

a blockbuster on novi road

#261 Machine

Machine

Welcome to the Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

I know of a couple comic book shops that also buy, sell & trade used games and systems. The website for one is www.clemslansing.com. Another is www.f4ahobbies.com (their site says nothing about videogames but they had used games and some imports last time I was there). I'm know there's at least one more place in Lansing because a friend of mine recently picked up a used NES and some games there, but don't remember what it was called.

#262 Melhavic

Melhavic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

I drive to this place in Lansing for there annual summer capcom tournaments.
www.gmhits.com - Man those we're the dddaayyys!!!!!
Laugh, Win, Die, Cry

#263 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

I know of a couple comic book shops that also buy, sell & trade used games and systems. The website for one is www.clemslansing.com. Another is www.f4ahobbies.com (their site says nothing about videogames but they had used games and some imports last time I was there). I'm know there's at least one more place in Lansing because a friend of mine recently picked up a used NES and some games there, but don't remember what it was called.

Hmm...I go to UofM, so Lansing's a bit out of my neck of the woods. Ypsi, though, is definitely doable. I'll have to check that out next time I'm on campus. :D

I drive to this place in Lansing for there annual summer capcom tournaments.
www.gmhits.com - Man those we're the dddaayyys!!!!!

Do they still run those tournaments? I'd probably get my ass handed to me in the first round, but I'd love to get involved if they're still doing them.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#264 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

I found 5 just sitting in the case at the WALMART at m59 at i-94 last night. There was nobody in the aisle, No one seemed to care.

#265 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

Game Hits still does tournaments. i have never been to one but just call they will tell you. I work about 5 miles from them.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#266 kazo

kazo

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:25 AM

*BLOWS THE DUST OFF THIS TOPIC* lol anyone have any good gaming finds or gaming deals within the last couple weeks??

#267 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:43 PM

I figure I would post this in here, seeing as someone might not check the regular deals thread, but...

Use Meijer Credit Card Aug. 10 or 11 and get 20% of General Merchandise purchases.

#268 quistisffviii

quistisffviii

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

For those who are into import games (I think they might have a few non-imports too), Masquerade Games in Eastpointe is having an awesome sale on their video games. Games are ranging from 20% off - 60% off. Last Wednesday I picked up an import Dance Dance Revolution game (PS1) for about $13 and a Ranma 1/2 puzzle game (Super Famicom) at $24 instead of 32.

#269 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

Anyone going to Madison Heights BB for Halo 3 at midight? I'm considering it.
Posted Image

#270 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

Anyone going to Madison Heights BB for Halo 3 at midight? I'm considering it.

If I was to do the midnight thing , I'd be going to GameStop in Allen Park .

card.pngl1.gif