• Please log in to reply
1358 replies to this topic

#391 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

What about from Telegraph in SC?

Sounds like a good deal if I can figure how to get out there...

I would go the same way Shrike mentioned - 270 N to 44 East to Laclede St. Road. Head north until you end up on Eager Rd. I would avoid the area at rush hour if possible, though. Traffic can get pretty stupid.

I checked out Microcenter yesterday and it's pretty cool. Got a 1600 points card for $12.99. They have used games too - not the greatest selection ever, but definitely not bad.
Posted Image

#392 kurtmueller

kurtmueller

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

I would avoid the area at rush hour if possible, though. Traffic can get pretty stupid.

No kidding. If it's between like 3-7, just stay home.

#393 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:54 AM

Microcenter is a pretty awesome store. Think NewEgg, but in store form. I picked up NCAA08 Basketball (It might be 09) for $3.99 and four 1600 point cards. And a free coffee mug.

Edited by hufferstl, 19 November 2009 - 05:06 AM.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#394 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

take as many mugs as you want!!! that is what the manager told me lol, I wont need a coffee mug for work for 20 years now I have so many
122445.png

#395 thabizzle

thabizzle

I'll have...the chicken!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

the guy that checked me out told me they ordered 30,000 mugs and the shipment was lost(?) so they ordered another 30,000. Meanwhile, the first shipment shows up, and POOF! Too many damn mugs! I took 2, but they can't compare to my Office Space mug!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#396 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

I wouldnt even risk bringing such a nice mug into the post office. if its not nailed down its stolen. these MicroCenters are perfect though lol I wont be upset if they disappear
122445.png

#397 otakuman5000

otakuman5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

I will keep you guys posted on deals In my area, Jefferson City.

#398 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

If anyone is looking for The Sims 3, the Fenton, MO Goodwill had it in the case at the register for $19.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#399 cvraider

cvraider

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

If anyone is looking for The Sims 3, the Fenton, MO Goodwill had it in the case at the register for $19.

U missed the Call of Duty - MW2 for $20 for 360 there the other day. Target sent it in as a salvage item. Took it home and worked no problem. It will never be that price for at least two years or more.

#400 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:16 AM

Not sure if any the local St. Louis CAGs watch the news, though just heard about this a few minutes ago from KTVI:

http://kotaku.com/54...amestop-robbery
http://www.kmox.com/...o-store/5782242

In a nutshell, the Gamestop on Hanley in Maplewood was robbed in broad daylight and at gunpoint today.

Not sure why KMOX is calling Gamestop a video store :-s , though that's the only reason I found it on KMOX.

I checked KMOV, KTVI, KSDK and KPLR and none of them had the story. :wall:

#401 Azul_KoolAid

Azul_KoolAid

..Making up for lost time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:47 AM

Wow, that's crazy. I always thought Maplewood was half way decent. Good thing no one got hurt but if you're gonna rob gamestop why not take the drawer of games they have?
Posted Image

#402 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

Wow, that's crazy. I always thought Maplewood was half way decent. Good thing no one got hurt but if you're gonna rob gamestop why not take the drawer of games they have?

One robbery at a Gamestop doesn't change that. :bouncy:
Nowhere's crime free.

#403 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

holy hell ! I've been to that store before. might eat at Schlafley Bottleworks tonight. think I will drive by lol
122445.png

#404 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

I wouldn't call that store Maplewood, I would call it Richmond Heights. I live less than a mile from Bottleworks. Try the Summer Lager if they have some left.

card.png

#405 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

all about the raspberry spring brew is our favorite, but I like the summer brew also
122445.png

#406 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

Not sure if any the local St. Louis CAGs watch the news, though just heard about this a few minutes ago from KTVI:

http://kotaku.com/54...amestop-robbery
http://www.kmox.com/...o-store/5782242

In a nutshell, the Gamestop on Hanley in Maplewood was robbed in broad daylight and at gunpoint today.

Not sure why KMOX is calling Gamestop a video store :-s , though that's the only reason I found it on KMOX.

I checked KMOV, KTVI, KSDK and KPLR and none of them had the story. :wall:

Yeah Shrike I'm the one who sent the KMOX link to Kotaku.

I was at work and they said it during one of the news updates so I went to the work PC, found the story on their website, and sent the link to Kotaku.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#407 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

This happend to the one in alton il a few years back also. I think it was in broad daylight also.
Posted Image

#408 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

That area around that store is fairly ghetto. so that doesn't really surprise me that much. Hope they catch those losers. Man I HATE thieves.

#409 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

That area around that store is fairly ghetto. so that doesn't really surprise me that much. Hope they catch those losers. Man I HATE thieves.

What are you talking about? It's practically in Clayton.

#410 hinotori

hinotori

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

That's definitely a nice area (and Maplewood's pretty nice too), mostly businesses and shops, but things like that can happen anywhere. It's just important to be aware of your surroundings, no matter where you are.

But yeah, I don't think I'd call a shopping area that can sustain a Sansei and a Qdoba "ghetto." :)

#411 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

I work in Clayton and sometimes go to that Gamestop in Maplewood on my lunch break. I've never felt unsafe in that area. Like others have said, this stuff can happen anywhere.

Now they think the guys who robbed Gamestop are also responsible for the robberies at Culpeppers in the CWE and the Yellowstone Cafe in Town and Country. Hope they catch them soon.

http://www.fox2now.c...0,1172758.story
Posted Image

#412 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

What are you talking about? It's practically in Clayton.

I know somebody that lives on Elinor right up the street from that Gamestop and I didn't feel too safe when I would go to his house.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#413 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

I know somebody that lives on Elinor right up the street from that Gamestop and I didn't feel too safe when I would go to his house.

I don't know where you're from, buddy, but you are apparently awfully paranoid. I live walking distance from the GameStop in question; it's as safe as neighborhoods get in St. Louis.

#414 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

:wii: Wii Fit Bundle $79.99 @ Aldi

Comes with the original Wii Fit game (not Wii Fit Plus), the balance board, a green mat and an extra rechargeable battery.

#415 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

I don't know where you're from, buddy, but you are apparently awfully paranoid. I live walking distance from the GameStop in question; it's as safe as neighborhoods get in St. Louis.

I don't live in the greatest area myself but when you have crowds of people out in the streets making a ton of noise, then it gets a little uncomfortable. Even my friend said the area around his house sucked.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#416 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Check out the streets north of that store, east of Hanley but west of Laclede Station. Drive through those and let me know what you think. I believe that's what Killbomb is referring to as well.

#417 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:50 AM

Check out the streets north of that store, east of Hanley but west of Laclede Station. Drive through those and let me know what you think. I believe that's what Killbomb is referring to as well.

I drive through those streets every day. Here is what I think: they are safe. I walk around in the middle of the night alone listening to an iPod several nights a week, and have for a couple of years now--seems like if it were a bad neighborhood, I'd be an awfully easy target. What you're essentially doing with your argument is propagating incorrect information, and implying that somehow your uninformed opinion is fact, and it's a foolish argument to start with--the neighborhood in question is wedged directly between Clayton and Brentwood, two of the more expensive, upper-class neighborhoods in St. Louis. What you're doing is about the same as the people who erroneously assumed Kirkwood was a bad neighborhood when the Shawn Devlin story broke, and that was way scarier than a couple of uneducated robbers getting maybe a couple hundred dollars from a video game store.

#418 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

agree to disagree please.

card.png

#419 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

Fenton, MO Target last night had 4 copies of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 copies of Mass Effect 1 (old art style) Platinum Hits for $10 each.

42869.png

#420 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:55 AM

I hope one of those AC are still there early tomorrow afternoon. If anyone checks, please post if you can.

Thanks for the info MSUHitman.

card.png