St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1358 replies to this topic

#31 Worseley

Worseley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

Just thought I'd say hi. I'm up from Troy, MO but you'll catch me at College down here in Rolla (UMR).

I havn't seen anything lately around here that's Cag worthy

contra.gif

#32 The Cheapest Ass Gamer

The Cheapest Ass Gamer

Wii shall overcome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:44 AM

So I was just checking out the CompUSA stores around here, and they seem to be approaching the point where it's worthwhile to check them out. Monitors and TVs are at 25% (I picked up their last 27" Olevia LCD HDTV for $370), video games are 25% off, Windows Vista is 40% (Office is 30%), and random other deals. Computers are still only 10% off, so nothing noteworthy there. This goes for all three stores in the area (Sunset Hills, Bridgeton, and Ballwin). I was given an estimate of the first week of May for the stores to close...
I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality. -Mitch Hedberg

#33 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

No deals here, just saying hi to the STL thread and bumping it back up.

I see there are either not too many STL CAG's, or we don't have much to say :)

#34 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

Did anywhere sell Halo 3 early? The independent game store near me (Game On) didn't have it on sale as of Sunday, and neither did the 7-11 next door.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#35 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

Did anywhere sell Halo 3 early? The independent game store near me (Game On) didn't have it on sale as of Sunday, and neither did the 7-11 next door.

Where is Game On? I have never heard of it.

#36 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:34 AM

It's on Big Bend and Dougherty Ferry, about 1 mile off the exit on 270.

They carry video games (PS2, Cube, XBox, 360, PS3, Wii, and DS,) trading card games, pen-and-paper RPG's, miniatures, and comic books. They also have demo systems of PS3, 360, and Wii you can play (there is a charge.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#37 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:38 AM

FYI the Fenton Best Buy (as of 8 p.m. tonight) and Sunset Hills Gamestop (as of 4 p.m. Thursday) each have 1 new Legendary Halo 3 left in anyone is interested.

42869.png

#38 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:22 AM

New 5,000 square foot video game, music, movie, comic book, gaming/collectible cards, etc. store opening in St. Charles County soon. Slackers better watch out!

www.cultureshockstl.com

42869.png

#39 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

New 5,000 square foot video game, music, movie, comic book, gaming/collectible cards, etc. store opening in St. Charles County soon. Slackers better watch out!

www.cultureshockstl.com

Sounds like that overpriced store in KC (they have one in Springfield also). Can't remember what it is called at the moment, but at that one you can expect to find only top notch ebay prices.

Edit: Vintage Stock is the name.

#40 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:17 AM

We'll see how this is. Us VS players need a store to play at since Dragon King in St. Charles County was bought out by B&B Game Store from Eureka. If B&B doesn't get their act together and open a new store, we may have to try this Culture Shock place.

42869.png

#41 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

www.cultureshockstl.com

Speaking of Slackers, I went there not too long ago (for the first time in a while) and I was shocked at how overpriced everything was. I'm glad I wasn't missing out on anything!
Posted Image

#42 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

I hate St. Charles County - St. Louis city is where its at.

But thanks for the info on the new store, maybe I will check it out if I ever cross the Missouri River to the darkside.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#43 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

Speaking of Slackers, I went there not too long ago (for the first time in a while) and I was shocked at how overpriced everything was. I'm glad I wasn't missing out on anything!

Hell yeah they are. Games you can find regularly for $7 at Gamestops are $18 at Slackers. It's ridiculous.

#44 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:23 PM

I hate Slackers, good to see another store coming in. Hopefully it wont be the same.

We'll see how this is. Us VS players need a store to play at since Dragon King in St. Charles County was bought out by B&B Game Store from Eureka. If B&B doesn't get their act together and open a new store, we may have to try this Culture Shock place.

I just bought some VS. cards but had to go all the way to IL to get my starter decks and stuff, but the rules included aren't quite clear to a newb. Do places you play ever have any type of beginnger sessions to teach newbies how to play?

#45 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

Sent PM on VS.

Has anyone who lives in St. Charles County seen a sign for Culture Shock as to when they open? Their website doesn't list a date.

42869.png

#46 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:36 AM

Sent PM on VS.

Has anyone who lives in St. Charles County seen a sign for Culture Shock as to when they open? Their website doesn't list a date.

Anyone else see a commercial for Culture Shock during the South Carolina - Kentucky game on ESPN?

Reeks of overpriced goods. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I highly doubt it.

#47 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

Anyone else see a commercial for Culture Shock during the South Carolina - Kentucky game on ESPN?

Reeks of overpriced goods. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I highly doubt it.

They have been advertising exclusively on ESPN for a couple of weeks now. I'm always looking to give a local retailer a chance vs. the BB, CC, EB/Gamestop, etc. corporations out there.

42869.png

#48 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:40 PM

For anyone on the Illinois side, the new Gamestop out by Lowes and Walmart off Green Mount is having a B2G1 free sale right now. Have no clue how long it lasts, but i got stuff for free this morning.

This isn't the one by Target off Green Mount. Get off 64 and head past the Target shopping area down Green Mount. It is probably about 3 miles down the road. You will see the Lowes right off of Green Mount.

#49 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

The only thing I've found worthwhile at Slackers are older guides. Rest of it is pretty much as you described, overpriced and then some.

#50 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

I don't get the hate for slackers, I have no problem with them.

#51 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

I do think they're a little high, but I got some good deals on used HD-DVD's there and I was unable to off load some old DVD's for a couple of games, but now that the Fenton location closed I won't probably go to one again as there isn't one close to me that I would frequent.

Anyone go to Culture Shock yet? I think their grand opening was last week.

42869.png

#52 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:03 PM

I do think they're a little high, but I got some good deals on used HD-DVD's there and I was unable to off load some old DVD's for a couple of games, but now that the Fenton location closed I won't probably go to one again as there isn't one close to me that I would frequent.

Anyone go to Culture Shock yet? I think they're grand opening was last week.

I think the Fenton one just moved a couple exits down to the south county mall.

#53 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:07 PM

Well, now I see what MSUHitman was talking about:

Sep. 24 - Slackers in South County
Slackers in Fenton is no more. However, don't get too upset because we've only moved to a new, better location. The Fenton Slackers is now the South County Mall Slackers!

Located in the former Neutral Zone location in between Sears and Dillards, Slackers is once again merging our store with theirs. We carry the usual music, movies and games, but are also carrying action figures, toys, and comics from days of old to the newest releases!

Much like our Mid Rivers location, this store is an incredible, breathtaking site to behold!! There's something here for everyone.

Watch out for our Security Force consisting of Spiderman, Wicket and a Jawa. You'll see what I mean when you enter the store!
View Locations for store address.

The Neutral Zone wasn't there that long, like a few months at most. :-s

#54 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

Just in case you missed it, the chesterfield valley store also moved to the Mall a month or two ago.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#55 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:17 PM

And there's a Slackers in Mid Rivers Mall now, because the O Fallon one will be closing when they start building the Super Wal Mart

#56 cytorak

cytorak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:10 AM

Well, now I see what MSUHitman was talking about:

The Neutral Zone wasn't there that long, like a few months at most. :-s

The South County Mall is not really the target demographic for a store that has one wall consisting of Star Wars action figures.

If they were wrestling or Jeff Foxworthy action figures, that's a different story. :)

#57 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

Just in case you missed it, the chesterfield valley store also moved to the Mall a month or two ago.

I just saw that. Me and my girlfriend were at the Chestefield mall recently and saw it.

The prices weren't as bad as I remember them being, but some of the CD prices were laughable.

#58 uesc

uesc

Hellooooooooooo Nurse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

I just stumbled across this thread!

go STL!
Posted Image

#59 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

The South County Mall is not really the target demographic for a store that has one wall consisting of Star Wars action figures.

If they were wrestling or Jeff Foxworthy action figures, that's a different story. :)

I live out in that neck of the woods, I know that all too well. :lol:

#60 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:49 PM

Speaking of the Chesterfield Mall, anyone been in there and seen the decent looking chick with the incredibly high pitched voice?

Hopefully she doesn't look at CAG, because I highly doubt there is more than 1 worker at the Mall with an incredibly high squeaking voice.

All I can say is I don't think I have ever heard a voice quite like it.

Edit: When I say speaking of, I mean 3 posts back.