St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1378 replies to this topic

#1081 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

My friend and I were visiting StL this past weekend for a Cards game and RAW 1000 and in the downtime we decided to hit up a bunch of the Best Buys in the area to see what they had. Got a few decent deals (:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero LE for $20, and :360: Tron CE -- which is trash, but whatever, my son loves the happy meal toy-esque light cycle lol) and didn't see much else. I'm used to having a few Best Buy stores around the metro, but wow, you guys have a million Best Buys in that area. We didn't have time to hit them all, but we hit the majority.

Also on Monday we encountered some possible CAGs that were deal hunting in the same Best Buys that we hit in a row. Wanted to say something but it was getting close for us to hit the hotel before RAW.

#1082 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Man. The Best Buy over near St. Charles Rock Road is just awful. I had planned on picking up Twisted Metal, but they only have photocopies of the box out on the shelves. After waiting nearly 10 minutes up at the register to have no one show up to get the game out of some secure area, I gave up and left.

And you know, the funny thing is, that they were supposed to have a big focus on giving a great game experience, like they were looking for "game experts" to hire and everything, that was their big strategy, I don't think it ever materialized though.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#1083 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I go to rock rd one most of the time and while it isn't the best store, its closest to my house and I always find what I need. Usually if I need a game guy at the counter I just tell the person that is sitting by the door when I walk in and they page someone who is right there by the time I get back there
122445.png

#1084 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Pre-Owned ($19.99 or less, excludes game systems) Buy One, Get One Free @ Vintage Stock with Coupon (7/31-8/2)

I think they send you these coupons if you're on their mailing list.
Posted Image

#1085 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Pre-Owned ($19.99 or less, excludes game systems) Buy One, Get One Free @ Vintage Stock with Coupon (7/31-8/2)

I think they send you these coupons if you're on their mailing list.

Oh snap. I am on their mailing list but I have yet to get anything. Is the coupon pretty generic? Would love to use it to grab some SNES games I've been eyeing.

#1086 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Oh snap. I am on their mailing list but I have yet to get anything. Is the coupon pretty generic? Would love to use it to grab some SNES games I've been eyeing.

I'm not sure if its a single use coupon or not... I'll try to use it today and see if I can post it.
Posted Image

#1087 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm not sure if its a single use coupon or not... I'll try to use it today and see if I can post it.

Coolbeans. Thank you.

#1088 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

My coupon ended in 759U. What about yours?

#1089 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

My coupon ended in 759U. What about yours?

Same. I used one today to get Parasite Eve and a NES Zapper. It does seem to be a generic re-usable coupon.

Posted Image

Have at it! :bouncy:
Posted Image

#1090 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Awesome, thank you so much!

#1091 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

Same. I used one today to get Parasite Eve and a NES Zapper. It does seem to be a generic re-usable coupon.

Posted Image

Have at it! :bouncy:

Nice. I picked up dkc2 and Kirby's dream course. Slim pickings though...

#1092 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Go to Bodach's Games in Arnold, don't go to that trashy store. :)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1093 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

How are the prices/selection? That's a pretty far drive for me personally, but I'd be willing to try it once.

I made it over to Trade N Games a few weeks back and wasn't too impressed with it. Prices were about as good as V-Stock/eBay for older titles.

#1094 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

I've been there once and I really liked it. I've been meaning to go back to get them to make me an NES Lamp. :bouncy:
Posted Image

#1095 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

www.bodachsgames.com

The website only shows a bit of the selection, mainly higher end stuff.

I'd say he has a couple hundred 360 games, about 50-100 each of PS3 & Wii, tens of GameCube, hundreds of ps2 & XBox 1, 100 + Genesis & SNES, hundreds of NES, tens of Saturn, Sega CD, & 3DO, and a limited amount of Dreamcast & DVD's.

He recently bought a collection of tons of NES, SNES, Saturn, and some Sega CD/3DO. Highlights were Panzer Dragoon Saga, Bonk's Adventure NES, Action 52 (cart is playable but has vertical lines during gameplay,) & a boxed Night Trap.

#1096 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

The new GS in Festus is actually on the Crystal City side of the Festus/Crystal City city line right off I-55 in the Aldi's strip with a 63028 zip code. It's a bigger store than Farmington, basically the same size as outside South County Mall.

Edited by MSUHitman, 17 August 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1097 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

We have a new Family Video opening on the rock road in St. Ann soon, does anyone know if they tend to carry a decent game selection to rent? I haven't had a good place since that blockbuster in the same location closed down (yes I've tried gamefly, it's terrible for anything remotely new).

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#1098 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Erad the thing with Family Video is you MUST put down a $20 refundable deposit on top of the rental fee to rent any recent new release (last few months) game until you've spent over $150 in the store. They instituted this policy 2 years ago b/c they had so many people stealing their games since they don't require a CC to become a member.

Until I complained to the DM, they didn't even have signs about this until they told you about it at checkout. Since I was coming in from a free rental they sent me in the mail I was uberpissed and walked out and haven't rented from them since.

For anyone who has been to BB lately, do any of them still have the Star Wars TOR CE left? Store locator says sold out, but of course they could still have 0-2 copies.

Edited by MSUHitman, 18 August 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#1099 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Meh, I'll plunk down $20 if it means I can regularly rent new games.

#1100 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

hrm I never was asked to put 20 dollars down on a game, My wife rents tons of movies though so maybe she has spent the 150 necessary, only game I ever rented was metro 2033 I think though
122445.png

#1101 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

hrm I never was asked to put 20 dollars down on a game, My wife rents tons of movies though so maybe she has spent the 150 necessary, only game I ever rented was metro 2033 I think though

Yeah it's just $150 spent on your account, doesn't have to be all games. I think used movie/game purchases and/or snack purchases count also. And it's $150 at each individual store, it doesn't carry over across the chain.

Also sorry to Velo or anyone else near the BB on Watson as I was going to play Magic at Game Nite and I stopped there & got the last SW: TOR CE. I'll see if Fenton has one tomorrow.

#1102 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Well Manchester & Fenton are both out of SW:TOR CE, but Manchester had a 360 copy of Amalur & Fenton had 1 copy of Amalur each on 360 & PS3 as of 6 pm Sat.

#1103 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

There's at least 3-4 more copies of the Witcher 2 at the Eager Rd. Best Buy. It was marked $49.99 but rang up $39.99, and they had trouble ringing up the $30 Reward Zone coupon at first, but with a manager override I got the $9.99 price.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1104 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

I actually just got that at GS for nothing because I traded in Last Story and it was $25 used, had enough left over to put a decent amount towards Paper Mario.

#1105 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

South County BB has 5 or 6 copies of Witcher 2 left as of 5 pm tonight.

42869.png

#1106 ChillGuy

ChillGuy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Are there any stores that break street date here?

#1107 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Trade N Games on Highway 30 in Fenton broke the street date for Pokemon Black and White but the GS manager called Nintendo b/c it cost him preorders (people bought it there on the day before then came in and canceled their GS preorder.) Unrelated but Trade N Games no longer sells new games, just used.

Only "independent" shops that deal in new games I'm aware of are Play N Trade, Slackers, and V-Stock, but since they're small chains they can't afford to piss off a publisher by selling early.

Edit: There's a place called Game Monster in Crystal City & House Springs. Know nothing about them, just see their sticker on some of the used stock at the Fenton GS.

Edited by MSUHitman, 15 September 2012 - 07:54 PM.

42869.png

#1108 ChillGuy

ChillGuy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

I've never even heard of V-Stock before. I was looking to get RE6 before the end of this month without buying it online.

#1109 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

I know there is a V-stock at midrivers mall beyond that I'm not sure.

#1110 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

I know there is a V-stock at midrivers mall beyond that I'm not sure.

Also locations at South County and Chesterfield Malls.