St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1330 replies to this topic

#1111 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

V-Stock just took over 3 locations (SC, Mid Rivers, and Chesterfield malls) that Borders abandoned. From what I've heard that's what they do nationwide.

Game Monster is opening its third location apparently, this time in Fenton, as I saw the window display in the store right next to Dierbergs down from the Bluffs when I went to get an oil change at Dobbs/pay electric bill at Dierbergs. I don't think the owner knows what he's getting into since his location has way lower traffic than the BB, Gamestop, WM, and Target just down the street from him.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1112 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Fenton Target was out of Avengers 3D Blu-Ray tonight. Anyone know the status in Arnold, South County, or Manchester Target's?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1113 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Best Buy will price match the Avengers 4 disk blu ray, did it at the rock road location no problem. saved 10 bucks and Target was out anyway
122445.png

#1114 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

I was wanting the extra disc that came with the Target version, don't care that much about 3D but at that price ...

Also it seems Manchester Gamestop is doing 50/60% extra trade in this weekend.

42869.png

#1115 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'm going to check the IL side tonight for the Avengers 5 disc set. Any updates on the MO side?
Posted Image

#1116 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

The Target on 4701 N Illinois St, Fairview Heights had about 10 or so of the 5 disc set about 2 hours ago.
Posted Image

#1117 Drago Dracini

Drago Dracini

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Trade N Games on Highway 30 in Fenton broke the street date for Pokemon Black and White but the GS manager called Nintendo b/c it cost him preorders (people bought it there on the day before then came in and canceled their GS preorder.) Unrelated but Trade N Games no longer sells new games, just used.

Only "independent" shops that deal in new games I'm aware of are Play N Trade, Slackers, and V-Stock, but since they're small chains they can't afford to piss off a publisher by selling early.

Edit: There's a place called Game Monster in Crystal City & House Springs. Know nothing about them, just see their sticker on some of the used stock at the Fenton GS.

I was working at that GameStop during that time. I don't remember that happening. o.O Hell, we sent people to the TradeNGames if they wanted to sell or buy older gen games. Though I may not have been there that day, I really don't think that happened.

As for Game Monster, I don't know anything about the Crystal City one, but the House Springs one was lacking in all things when I visited last, of course that was a while back, a month or two before the WalMart moved.

#1118 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I was working at that GameStop during that time. I don't remember that happening. o.O Hell, we sent people to the TradeNGames if they wanted to sell or buy older gen games. Though I may not have been there that day, I really don't think that happened.

As for Game Monster, I don't know anything about the Crystal City one, but the House Springs one was lacking in all things when I visited last, of course that was a while back, a month or two before the WalMart moved.

My 2nd podcast (POWCast) is with the manager of the Fenton GameStop from Jan. 06-Aug. 11. Contact Malistre on taipow.com if you want verification of that story.

Game Monster is opening a 3rd location, this one in Fenton next to the Dierbergs behind Bread Co, McDonalds, & Dobbs. I'll check them out once they open.

#1119 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

So I went to South County TRU to check out the PC selection for the $10 clearance: only thing to note is one copy left of BF 3 and SW: TOR. They had a BUNCH of Sims 3 expansions and Batman: AC, and a couple of WoW Battlechests. Did end up with a $15 copy of Metro 2033 on XBox though.

42869.png

#1120 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Florissant TRU had absolutely nothing. Mid Rivers had about 5 Batman, and maybe 1 Starcraft chest.

#1121 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

There might have been a Starcraft there also, but I couldn't tell b/c the guy only picked up a few of the games from behind the counter when I said no to the first ones and said I was looking for Diablo 3. I was looking from in front of the counter so I couldn't see each spine, but definately no AC, Skyrim, or MW 3 and just the 1 BF 3.

Anyone go to Sunset Hills? I can report on Friday night if needed since it's on my way to play Magic.

42869.png

#1122 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

There might have been a Starcraft there also, but I couldn't tell b/c the guy only picked up a few of the games from behind the counter when I said no to the first ones and said I was looking for Diablo 3. I was looking from in front of the counter so I couldn't see each spine, but definately no AC, Skyrim, or MW 3 and just the 1 BF 3.

Anyone go to Sunset Hills? I can report on Friday night if needed since it's on my way to play Magic.

Stopped by Sunset hills. Out of SC2, D3 and Skyrim. They had a few (3) copies of Arkham City and maybe one copy of AC:R. They also had some Sims 3 expansions.

#1123 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I don't know if the register will let you buy it, but South County Walmart (Telegraph Rd.) had both console versions of Dishonored in the case w/ placeholder stickers already in place. This was at midnight.

#1124 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

Don't know if someone tried it, but Dishonored is no longer in the case and the sticker is gone also.

42869.png

#1125 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

FYI starting tomorrow STL County law states you must be 18 and have a valid state-issued ID (license/state ID card, passport, military ID, etc.) to trade games in, even if for store credit. This is a change as in the past you only needed that for cash.

42869.png

#1126 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

BB grabs ID when you do trade-ins, as does Target, so I guess this only affects Gamestop for the most part.

#1127 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

GS just never took ID for credit trade-ins outside of the city b/c they didn't have to. BB/Target don't care to have seperate standards for different cities/counties so they just make that part of the default process nationwide. Just wanted to give a heads up that trades may take longer to process at busy stores like Fenton.

42869.png

#1128 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Apparently we're getting a temporary Microsoft Store at the Galleria for Christmas. It opens on Friday.

42869.png

#1129 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

MSU - that is pretty awesome.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#1130 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Shame it'll be a temporary one. Would be nice to have a permanent MS store in the same two locations as the Apple stores, The Galleria and West County Mall.

#1131 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Apparently we're getting a temporary Microsoft Store at the Galleria for Christmas. It opens on Friday.

That's cool. Are there any permanent MS stores around here?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1132 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Not yet.

Plenty of places in both the Galleria and West County Mall that they could put up roots. Since that's where the Apple stores are also at, it makes a logical sense to me about where they'd go.

I just wish we'd get a Fry's already. MicroCenter is a help, though a Frys blows it out of the water.

#1133 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

KC I believe.

42869.png

#1134 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

So I walked into Target today and they had wii u pre order cards up. I pre ordered a Wii U for some reason. The black version with more memory for 5 bucks. Guy said the pre orders just started at Target on Tuesday and if I pre order I should get one because they only put as many cards out as they are supposed to get in the store. But if you want one and didnt pre order check a Target, I did it across from work in florissant and they had about 10 white ones left and 3 black system pre orders left
122445.png

#1135 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Let the clearance watch for AC 3 LE begin! Fenton Target has 2 copies on 360, 1 on PS3.

#1136 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Which WM will be less crazy on Thursday night, South County or Fenton?

42869.png

#1137 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

No idea, MSU. I'll be braving the crowds at St. Peters Walmart, hoping to pick up WWE 13, Forza Horizon, and Brave Blu-Ray.

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#1138 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

No idea, MSU. I'll be braving the crowds at St. Peters Walmart, hoping to pick up WWE 13, Forza Horizon, and Brave Blu-Ray.

Brave Blu-Ray is already $15 at Target this week. Is it cheaper at WM on BF?

#1139 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Well someone is going with me now so I have to go to Fenton. After the fiasco with the Madden NFL 12 tournament there last year (which I talked about on Checkmate Arcade) I hate going to that store for anything like this where it could be a nightmare if not run properly.

Brave Blu-Ray is already $15 at Target this week. Is it cheaper at WM on BF?

Brave is $8.96 at WM on BF. The DVD/BR BF deals are here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331390

Also according to Huffer the STL Target print ads show 1600 MS Points for $10 and not the 3-Month Live cards. Here's hoping I can PM at WM (just want 2-3 cards to cover Rock Band Blitz this week, Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim in 2 weeks, then a third card to cover anything else that would be discounted before Christmas.)

42869.png

#1140 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Vintage Stock will be doing buy 2 get 1 free on all pre-owned items for Black Friday.

Posted Image
Posted Image