St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1331 replies to this topic

#1141 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Vintage Stock will be doing buy 2 get 1 free on all pre-owned items for Black Friday.

Posted Image

Thanks Ramen but with V-Stock's shitty quality and no return policy I avoid them like the plague.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1142 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

As of five minutes ago the Hampton avenue target still had 1600 point cards ringing in at $10. Get the cards with the avatar folding their arms on the front of them.

#1143 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Anyone looking for the BF PS3 bundle w/Infamous & Uncharted the Fenton Target had an end cap by Electronics with over 15 of them as of 9:30 pm last night.

#1144 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I looked at that bundle from best buy and should have just bought one for 199, my launch unit sounds like a 18 wheeler when it turns on and I have no hard drive space lol
122445.png

#1145 masher

masher

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

v-stock allows returns. at least when i shopped at the midrivers they did,was a hassle however.

any1 know of places selling wwe13 for cheap? :(

#1146 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

I looked at that bundle from best buy and should have just bought one for 199, my launch unit sounds like a 18 wheeler when it turns on and I have no hard drive space lol

Yeah especially since now that bundle is now $250 at any store that still has it. Saw them at BB in Fenton.

v-stock allows returns. at least when i shopped at the midrivers they did,was a hassle however.

any1 know of places selling wwe13 for cheap? :(

Extreme hassle and you can only get a gift card. Bodach of Bodach's Games bought a game where the box was empty and they would only give him a gift card back, no cash refund.

Speaking of Bodach, all of his games $10 or less (any system) are B2G1F through Christmas Eve.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1147 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Speaking of Bodach, all of his games $10 or less (any system) are B2G1F through Christmas Eve.

Man, if that wasn't 42 miles away, one way, I'd go down there and check him out. It's just too far for me to drive for the off chance that he'd have something.

#1148 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Man, if that wasn't 42 miles away, one way, I'd go down there and check him out. It's just too far for me to drive for the off chance that he'd have something.

He sells games through his website www.bodachsgames.com but he's not the most computer-savvy person and doesn't always update. You could call him and he'd gladly sell them to you over the phone or on the website.

42869.png

#1149 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Bodach has Skyrim on 360, AC 3 on PS3, and Forza Horizon brand new for $40 while supplies last.

42869.png

#1150 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Fenton GS has a free sell for The Walking Dead CE on 360 as of open today.

#1151 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Not a deal, but I love seeing this kind of stuff on CL.

http://stlouis.craig...3532031725.html

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#1152 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

If anyone is trying to pick up PS All Stars Battle Royale for PS3 from Target while it's on a TPC at $30, it's been a bit spotty at best in finding copies. Bridgeton Target didn't have it on Monday though they had a single copy show up on Tuesday (which I picked up). Would be worth calling the store before going out there, just to be safe.

Same goes for trying to find Up 3D Blu-Ray combo pack which is also TPC'd down to $24.99.

#1153 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Microcenter has Halo 4 for $30, cheapest price it's been.

#1154 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Also got an email tonight that prices have dropped at the Chesterfield movie theatre starting Feb. 1:

Kids/Matinee- $4
Adults- $7

Add $1 for Mega Screen, $3 for Digital 3D

http://www.wehrenber...ng.aspx?pid=339

42869.png

#1155 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Sams on big bend had SSX for 12 and Borderlands 2 for 22. Both Xbox.

#1156 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Also got an email tonight that prices have dropped at the Chesterfield movie theatre starting Feb. 1:

Kids/Matinee- $4
Adults- $7

Add $1 for Mega Screen, $3 for Digital 3D

http://www.wehrenber...ng.aspx?pid=339

Very nice. Thanks for this. That theater must not be doing so hot.

#1157 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Very nice. Thanks for this. That theater must not be doing so hot.

It's their newest theater in the area and its big attraction is a huge IMAX-type screen. It's not am IMAX theater though, as it's a "Mega 3D" screen.

It's out Highway 40 at the end of Chesterfield Valley.

#1158 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

It's their newest theater in the area and its big attraction is a huge IMAX-type screen. It's not am IMAX theater though, as it's a "Mega 3D" screen.

I'm out in Dardenne Prairie, so it's somewhat close by-ish. We always head over to ones that are much closer though.

#1159 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yeah but that theatre has been there for at least 7 or 8 years, I saw several summer movies over there b/c my friends wanted to see it on the Mega Screen.

Why now has business plummeted there? Ronnie's is always packed.

42869.png

#1160 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Shameless plug here but if you're wanting to play tabletop TCG's in St. Louis County I would highly recommend Yeti Gaming by Crestwood Mall in the Shop and Save strip section. Prices below MSRP on a lot of things with mostly friendly people. They are going through some growing pains with their Magic player base blowing up (mainly from my group) but lots of room there and the owner is a playmat FREAK and will buy any of the official ones, especially cool VS System ones.

https://www.facebook...iGaming?fref=ts

42869.png

#1161 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yeah but that theatre has been there for at least 7 or 8 years, I saw several summer movies over there b/c my friends wanted to see it on the Mega Screen.

Why now has business plummeted there? Ronnie's is always packed.

If I had to guess, I'd say because of it's location. It's far enough out at Boone's Crossing that a smaller amount of people will head out that way. If you're in O Fallon or DP, you have two theaters right near I-64, or you have one at Mid Rivers.

#1162 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

The St Peters Big Lots has World of Warcraft for $5. WoW is free-to-play, but this would let you play past level 20 up to Wrath of the Lich King.
Posted Image

#1163 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

Repost of my story in the deals forum on getting Tomb Raider/Wreck It Ralph from Fenton Target:

"OK sorry been out all day and went to see Lindsey Stirling tonight so here was my experience in Fenton, MO (suburb of St. Louis.)

Got to Target just after 10 a.m. and went to Electronics with my preorder card & receipt. Asked to pick up my preorder copy and worker opens up the new release plastic prison display to get a Steelbook from it. Ask why they weren't held aside as I had heard they were very limited and was told they had plenty more in the back and he just didn't want me to have to wait for him to find the others, so take that how you will. Checkout was painless and I was immediately able to do a 2nd transaction with the $5 gift card and Disney Rewards/Scott Towels $7 off coupon to get Wreck It Ralph Blu-Ray for $8 plus tax.

Doing a quick check of the floor there seemed to be about 6 copies of both systems in the new release plastic prison display (one of each system of course in the Jaws of Bending) then looked around the regular sections of the plastic prison and saw one more of each copy in Jaws of Bending on their respective sides. So as of 10:30 a.m. they had 5 of each system on the floor in mint condition and 2 of each system that may be damaged.

The hotter seller of the day there was Wreck It Ralph as Target has the best price on it at B&M. As I walked back to Electronics I picked up the only remaining Blu-Ray copy on the front register shelves and when I went back to the Movies section in Electronics, there were only 3 more Blu-Ray and 1 3D Blu-Ray left on the floor. Didn't ask if they had more in the back or not."

42869.png

#1164 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

I picked up Ninjini today at the South County Best Buy on Lindberg. There was one left as of 11am.
Posted Image

#1165 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I ended up picking up the only 360 SB Tomb Raider that South County Target had yesterday around 9:15AM. They had to remove it from the display case at the end of where they store their games now.

I didn't know if they held any back from pre-orders, though it was the only 360 one they had. They had a few PS3 versions yesterday morning as well, though just that 360 one.

#1166 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Fenton BB has about 6 or 7 of the $7 Halo 4 CE strat guides left. AC 3 CE guides were all gone. Most of the other clearance stuff seems to be gone as well but I didn't look closely as it was all PS3, Vita, and 3DS stuff. If anyone wants me to check something specific I can.

42869.png

#1167 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Fenton BB has about 6 or 7 of the $7 Halo 4 CE strat guides left. AC 3 CE guides were all gone. Most of the other clearance stuff seems to be gone as well but I didn't look closely as it was all PS3, Vita, and 3DS stuff. If anyone wants me to check something specific I can.

Picked up the last AC 3 guide at the Brentwood Best Buy today. Had about 8 Halo 4 guides left.

#1168 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

Those looking for the Pikachu 3DS XL Sunday good luck: Manchester and Fenton Gamestop locations only received 2 units each.

42869.png

#1169 supermonkeyballer

supermonkeyballer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Anyone in the rolla, ft Leonard wood, Salem, licking, Houston area.. Would you want a local game store, that gives you at least half of the value for your game trade ins? I called GameStop and they wanted to give me 1/4 of the value they sell the same exact games for. I may open a store, but I would need at least $2000 a month in sales, before I would consider opening..

#1170 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

I might be moving to Ava (an hour away from Licking). I would be interested in having a used game store somewhere reasonably close. However, I don't like trading my games and I really prefer buying used games for older system (NES-PS2) as opposed to recent releases which I prefer to buy new.

Best of luck if you decide to do it!
Posted Image