• Please log in to reply
1379 replies to this topic

#91 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:29 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173379

This CAG says the North County Family Video is selling Mass Effect used for $30.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#92 Sphinx625

Sphinx625

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:25 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173379

This CAG says the North County Family Video is selling Mass Effect used for $30.

Yeah I live right next to it!

#93 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

Here are the Hollywood Video locations in our area that have until the end of April to turn a profit or will be shut down according to the thread in Deal/Shopping Discussions:

Chesterfield
Ballwin
Florissant
Webster Groves

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#94 MJbroken

MJbroken

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:39 AM

I live a few blocks away from that family video that was mentioned as well. On the negative end of things, i had to bring my used copy of mass effect back (which they gleefully resurfaced again!). We'll see if the copy works any better this time. They do have some crazy deals though.

549923.png

#95 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:30 AM

Does anyone in st. louis need a wii? I am selling an unopened wii for $250 if you buy my zelda: Twilight princess and an extra controller/nunchuck(barely used) also. I am wanting $350 for everything(includes the receipt).

I am not wanting to gouge anyone, let me know if you are interested.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#96 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:35 PM

If anyone wants to brave the weather, another STL-area CAG (forgot the name, sorry) said the Wal-Mart in Town and Country (Manchester Rd.) has broken the street date on MLB The Show on at least PS3, nor sure about PS2 or PSP. They put it out for sale yesterday.

Edit 8 p.m.- Cancel that on getting MLB The Show early. Just came back from that Wally World and either they sold out or they pulled it because there's a spot for it on the shelf but no copies.

42869.png

#97 cytorak

cytorak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

Fenton and South County Best Buys are NOT doing a Brawl midnight release.

#98 cytorak

cytorak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

Anyone know of any "shady" local shops that are selling Brawl early?

#99 FreshTekRadio

FreshTekRadio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

Anyone know of any good Mom & Pop stores that have a copy of Earthbound for the SNES? I'm a former St. Louisan stuck between St. Louis & Chicago and am coming down to visit my family in a few days and if there are any stores that have it I intend to finally pick it up again since my copy was sold at a yard sale by my family members a few years back grrr lol.

#100 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:03 AM

Only place I would suggest trying are GameXchange, Slackers, or the Play N Trade on Manchester as those are the only places that carry old stuff anymore.

42869.png

#101 FreshTekRadio

FreshTekRadio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:37 AM

Cool thanks for the help! My quest continues.....:D

#102 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

they have a 60 GB PS3 at the K Mart in O Fallon MO just so you guys know......

But it's in the back

#103 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

I know for a fact that the Sunset Hills, Crestwood Mall, Manchester, and Fenton Gamestop's (possibly West County Mall also) all got Wii's delivered today.

42869.png

#104 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Walmart in Glen Carbon/Edwardsville IL had atleast 4 of them yesterday around 3:30-4:00 pm. Don't know if they are sold out now or not. One of the Wii boxes was beat up a little on the corners.
Posted Image

#105 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

But it's in the back

Then go buy it. You can sell that thing for $650 plus $40 shipping in about 3 days on ebay.

Not sure what K-Mart has them listed at but I got some at Blockbuster for $449 plus tax.

#106 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

If anyone's looking for Nyko Perfect Shots, I found around six of them at the Kmart in South County, off of Lemay Ferry road.

Well, there's four or so now, with me picking up two of them.

#107 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

Is anyone besides Game Crazy having a midnight sale for GTA 4? I'll be at the Fenton GC getting my 360 LE of GTA 4 on that Monday night.

42869.png

#108 cytorak

cytorak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:30 AM

Anyone know where I can find a copy of Etrian Odyssey and/or Lunar Knights?

I can't find either of them anywhere, and I'd rather buy them at a B&M.

#109 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:16 AM

I think the CC in Fenton at the Bluffs still had a copy of Lunar Knights in the clearance bin but don't quote me on it.

42869.png

#110 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

Last night, there was a huge number (8+, if I remember right) of copies of Blue Dragon at the Sunset Hills TRU, the one by Hwy 44 & Lindbergh. They were towards the bottom of the dump bin, so you'll need to dig to find them.

There was at least one copy of Blazing Angels 2 there was well. Also, random other clearance TRU games, most of them in the dump bin on the floor. Some were off to the side in the locked case.

Same scenario for game placement in the South County TRU, though much less of good pickings.

#111 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

Mid Rivers and South County Best Buy and the 2 STL Game Crazy locations left (Fenton and in the city) will be having midnight launches for Grand Theft Auto IV. Gamestop's I guess are a case-by-case basis but none of the stores I visit have any signs saying they're going to do that.

I will be at the Fenton Game Crazy if anyone is coming there.

42869.png

#112 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

The Game Crazy up in Ferguson has one sealed copy of Etrian Odyssey left for $30. I've been thinking of picking it up for weeks, but haven't yet. You can have it if you want it. It was still there this morning.

#113 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:00 AM

But it's in the back

What are you getting at with the "it's in the back" statement? Is an employee holding it? Do you know if it is still available? I know I'm seeing this post a little late...

#114 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

Would anyone be interested in doing a CAG meetup like some of the other regions are doing? Like on Memorial Day or 4th of July like at Dave and Busters or something like that?

42869.png

#115 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Would anyone be interested in doing a CAG meetup like some of the other regions are doing? Like on Memorial Day or 4th of July like at Dave and Busters or something like that?

I would definitely be down for a CAG meetup sometime, but I will be out of town on both of those days. So if anything gets agreed on that is sometime when I am in town I will be there!

#116 Damien_Da

Damien_Da

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:03 AM

I'm about an hour south of STL. If anyone see's Saga Frontier or knows where one is, will you send me a PM? Thanks :D

#117 gleditts

gleditts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

Anyone know of any good Gears of War deals in STL?

#118 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

Anyone know of any good Gears of War deals in STL?

Buy it used at Gamestop, Game Crazy, or an independent store. Or go on EBay. This game won't drop in price for a new copy until this fall right before GoW 2 ships.

42869.png

#119 7thton

7thton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

Walmart in Glen Carbon/Edwardsville IL had atleast 4 of them yesterday around 3:30-4:00 pm. Don't know if they are sold out now or not. One of the Wii boxes was beat up a little on the corners.

Good to see another E'ville person around here. :D

#120 RynoZebz

RynoZebz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

I just wanted to say hey to all me STL brothers out there. A CAG meet up would be pretty neat. Keep me updated.

MSU... I plan on trying to give you Podcast a listen while at work in the next couple weeks. I've been wanting to work on a Podcast myself but haven't found anyone in the area who is really interested. I'm quite addicted to listening to them while I paint and design stuff at work.