• Please log in to reply
1379 replies to this topic

#1171 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

So who braved the snow to get Pikachu?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1172 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I totally did! :whee:
Posted Image

#1173 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

FYI just about every GS in STL is sold out of physical Luigi's Mansion. The stores that still have copies are holding them for preorders even though it's been a week since release.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1174 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

Really damn, I was thinking about heading down to the St. John one tomorrow since the site says they are in stock and I have a $15 credit.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#1175 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Really damn, I was thinking about heading down to the St. John one tomorrow since the site says they are in stock and I have a $15 credit.

St. John is way out of the normal area I'm at so they might have it, but beware even if they do they may be holding it for a preorder. Depending on how much you want to complain, you could get it since they're not supposed to be holding it anymore.

42869.png

#1176 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

I was able score a copy today at the Bridgeton Kmart, I only saw one other one there though.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#1177 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

no one really goes to the St. John's store. off the rock orad by ritneour. It was the only Gamestop I could get a pre order of the 360 slim the day it came out
122445.png

#1178 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Well it's the closest one to where I live, so it's the one I usually go to.

#1179 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Fenton GS was resupplied with Luigi today so maybe things will improve, but Fenton also sold all of their stock instead of holding for preorders after 48 hours were up so it may be scarce in other parts of the city.

42869.png

#1180 ColdfireTrilogy

ColdfireTrilogy

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Quite a few stores in the west county area still have hard to finds avail for the 3ds. Luigi's and mh3ds and fire emblem to say the least. I know vstock had a few of each in stock and they usually offer some very competitive trade in values for games... Was able to trade in 3 copies of prototype 2 I got from the best buy deal at 4.99 for 15$ a piece. Basically got Luigi's for free. Also yes (/shame) I waited on blizzard day for a 3ds pikachu at target. But it was worth it they only had 3 and as I was checking out no less than 6 people had already popped in a bit late hoping to snag one of their own to no avail.

#1181 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

yeah it's close to me also so I hit that one up a lot too. I work by the Florissant store but it's a damn zoo in there. usually takes 30 minutes just to check out. I can drive to the st. john's store buy what I want and be home before id get checked out at Florissant
122445.png

#1182 ColdfireTrilogy

ColdfireTrilogy

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Just wanted to point out. Last time I was in vstock at the chesterfield mall it was being run by 5 girls all with red hair and most were reasonably attractive. Gotta give it to my friend who actually pointed it out, I didn't. but it did freak me out a bit once I realized how uniform the the situation really was. They want our souls!!! Hahaha I haven't had any issues with returns from them but haven't had to return anything so... Here's hoping when I get dark arisen with my in store credit for ps3 it works (/fingers crossed).

#1183 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I probably would overall prefer to shop at V-Stock since you can trade in lots of stuff besides games (dumped off a bunch of worthless comics once at the midrivers one to get uncharted 3) but since I don't drive it's quite a hassle to get down there on any kind of regular basis, it's like 2 hours by bus to go to the chesterfield mall and then there's really no way to get to midrivers from here without a car.

#1184 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

yeah it's close to me also so I hit that one up a lot too. I work by the Florissant store but it's a damn zoo in there. usually takes 30 minutes just to check out. I can drive to the st. john's store buy what I want and be home before id get checked out at Florissant

Florissant GS is No. 1 in sales volume in St. Louis, Fenton is 2nd. Thank god the GS "idea" of having the high volume stores be 24-hours ended. I'm sure the Florissant staff is happy also (they had to do it for several months.)

42869.png

#1185 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

I probably would overall prefer to shop at V-Stock since you can trade in lots of stuff besides games (dumped off a bunch of worthless comics once at the midrivers one to get uncharted 3) but since I don't drive it's quite a hassle to get down there on any kind of regular basis, it's like 2 hours by bus to go to the chesterfield mall and then there's really no way to get to midrivers from here without a car.

How much did you get per comic? Would rather get rid of my comics to the local shop here on Telegraph but if they won't take it V-Stock it is. It's all recent Marvel/DC stuff from 04-09, is anything from that era worth anything?

42869.png

#1186 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

Hard to say almost all mine were 90s comics which I got maybe 10 cents a copy for because they already had so many. I didn't really care I just wanted to get rid of them, if you are looking to make money they aren't the place to go it's mainly a good way to unload stuff.

#1187 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Florissant GS is No. 1 in sales volume in St. Louis, Fenton is 2nd. Thank god the GS "idea" of having the high volume stores be 24-hours ended. I'm sure the Florissant staff is happy also (they had to do it for several months.)

Say what!! I would have gone in once at 4AM just for kicks. The staff probably would have hated me though.

#1188 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

Yeah they did it for a lot of 2011 if I remember correctly.

Also is everyone ok? I heard Hazelwood got hit with a tornado.

42869.png

#1189 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

Wildwood definite got hit with one. All is good out here in O Fallon.

#1190 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

We had tornado sirens go twice for about 5 minutes a piece, nothing happened though.

#1191 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Friend of mine drove by High Ridge KMart and saw it had a closing sign on it.

#1192 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Also is everyone ok? I heard Hazelwood got hit with a tornado.

We got a few minutes of hard rain and that was it. Of course my wife made me stop playing BioShock so we could watch weather bulletins on TV for two hours. :wall:

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1193 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Tornado missed my house by half a block. I live on Ville Cecelia in Florissant. Ville Gloria ends right at my house and the whole street was missing most or all of their roof and shingles. We were in Las Vegas all week while it hit so I wasn't home, but I drove down Howdershell to go to the bank today and it looked like a bomb went off. Hard to believe all that damage can happen so quick until you see it for yourself.
122445.png

#1194 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

So there was a tornado that touched down? All I kept hearing was high winds that were uprooting trees, but not an actual tornado. Guess I didn't pay attention to the local news enough to really know for certain I guess.

I don't know why, but tornadoes don't really phase me. I was outside staring at the one that touched down by Lindbergh and Page 15 years ago or so. Poor Carol House Furniture.

#1195 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

So there was a tornado that touched down? All I kept hearing was high winds that were uprooting trees, but not an actual tornado. Guess I didn't pay attention to the local news enough to really know for certain I guess.

I don't know why, but tornadoes don't really phase me. I was outside staring at the one that touched down by Lindbergh and Page 15 years ago or so. Poor Carol House Furniture.

I think this one was classified as an F1.

Surveyed the damage out here and we got more than I thought. The top of a tree got ripped off (10x5 chunk), and a 30 foot down spout I have fell off the house and subsequently got mangled to hell. Yay.

#1196 ColdfireTrilogy

ColdfireTrilogy

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Had wind lots of wind out here in Wildwood. About 30-40 seconds of 60-70mph sustained winds. Had my rear in the back of the basement but it sounded like a freight train was flying around the house. Then it was fine immediately after. Surprisingly little tree damage. I guess the trees have just had enough time to warm their sap up and stay flexible enough. A week ago and I think I'd be looking out the back deck to a frozen warzone.

#1197 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

it was an F2 that destroyed Hazelwood
122445.png

#1198 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Same. I don't even have regular TV at the house (internet TV only) and so the only indication that I have that I should be wary is when the sirens go off. I think it helps not to be tied down to the weather channel when in the middle of one.

That being said I might regret it one day.

#1199 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

FYI sometime in either May or June the Fenton GS is going to triple it's square footage (from 800 to 2400) as Oreck is closing and GS is buying out their space and breaking the walls down.

42869.png

#1200 ColdfireTrilogy

ColdfireTrilogy

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

My Google phone went off like a bat out of hell with warnings of potential tornado activity. First time it ever did that but was helpful since I don't watch TV either.