St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1331 replies to this topic

#1201 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

If anyone is looking to PM BB's 3DS XL price for a MK 7 3DS XL bundle, the Walmart's in Arnold, Lake St. Louis, Eureka, & on West Florissant Ave. all have units left.

Arnold & LSL have at least 4, Eureka has 2, and West Florissant has 1-3.

#1202 CONMAN999

CONMAN999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Would anyone be interested in buying a huge collection of PS3 games? I'm trying to get rid of them all. Some are a bit old, but it's 78 games so you should easily find a bunch you like. Amazon prices at $184.90 to trade in, but it'd be a lot easier for me (and you) to just sell it to someone locally for cash. So I can part with them for $180. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can send you the full list.

#1203 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Just bought a NES console on eBay. Does anyone know a place in St. Louis that sells old NES games without breaking the bank?

#1204 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Well obvious answers are vintage stock & slackers, but I haven't bought old school games in ages so no idea if they are reasonable.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#1205 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Bodachs Games in Arnold is usually pretty reasonable (although is VStock sometimes better for some obscure games since they don't always know how to price stuff). There's a GameXChange in Oakville. There's also a couple stores in Union, MO (GameOver and Game Depot).

You can also try flea markets. They are usually the most reasonable and the most fun.
Posted Image

#1206 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Just bought a NES console on eBay. Does anyone know a place in St. Louis that sells old NES games without breaking the bank?

Go with Bodach's as VStock doesn't allow returns so if you get a lemon you're screwed. Most of his NES games are under $10 and all the boxed or higher end ones are in a seperate display.

#1207 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Bodach's is doing a B2G1F on PS2 games currently. No current end date on the promotion.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1208 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Go with Bodach's as VStock doesn't allow returns so if you get a lemon you're screwed.

That's not true at all. I've done a return twice there without issue.

#1209 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

That's not true at all. I've done a return twice there without issue.

Well I have friends had returns denied on scratched or missing disks, & defective guitars.

#1210 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Well I have friends had returns denied on scratched or missing disks, & defective guitars.

I was able to return a NES game and a SNES game without issue. They gave me a straight up refund. They must have gotten a shitty employee because that's not the norm there.

#1211 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

I was able to return a NES game and a SNES game without issue. They gave me a straight up refund. They must have gotten a shitty employee because that's not the norm there.

On the missing disk, my friend wanted a full refund and he had to argue with them to get a store credit only refund. This was when they first opened a year or so ago.

And I think he didn't even leave the store before finding the case had no game.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1212 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

Unless anyone wants one of the 2 remaining copies of Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP for $15, Diablo 2 BC or WoW Cataclysm for $12, or Pilotwings/Steel Diver for 3DS for $15 then the High Ridge KMart is cleared out of anything good except for 1 lone first print run Vita (the one with the ATT promotion card it in but not Little Deviants) for $180.

All other systems are already sold.

42869.png

#1213 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Manchester, Fenton, Farmington, Florissant, & Wentzville GS locations will be doing a midnight release Thursday night for Last of Us.

42869.png

#1214 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Eh I'll probably just rent it. I heard it's well done but massively depressing. I play games to have fun as odd as that sounds...

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#1215 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Fenton GS is sold out of AC carts. They can still sell EShop codes.

42869.png

#1216 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

STL GS locations are sold out of Day 1 XB1 systems. If you want a PS4 preorder in store then you better get there before open tomorrow. Many stores are opening an hour early b/c of anticipated demand.

42869.png

#1217 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Preordered in full a PS4 at the U City GameStop today. They said they could only accept probably 2 more preorders.

536739.png

#1218 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yeah PS4 preorders have been slower but each store has more PS4's available than XB1's. Looks like possibly those rumors about MS having problems pressing memory chips may be accurate.

42869.png

#1219 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

The MO Nintendo/BB E3 event has been moved to Brentwood b/c the WiiU in South County is broken.

42869.png

#1220 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

Oh my god I am never buying from the Vstock in Mid rivers again. I bought a Wii U pro-controller and the clerk mocked my choice of console telling me that he actively tells people to not purchase a Wii U. Clearly I am a customer who has one, you are a massive douche,

#1221 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Oh my god I am never buying from the Vstock in Mid rivers again. I bought a Wii U pro-controller and the clerk mocked my choice of console telling me that he actively tells people to not purchase a Wii U. Clearly I am a customer who has one, you are a massive douche,

I would go work to get that guy written up/fired since that's ridiculous behavior for anyone to do at a retail store.

#1222 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Wow, if I wanted fanboy-ism out of my retail checkout, I will just buy online.

#1223 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Can anyone think of a place in-town that might buy a bunch of Xbox 360 faceplates for the first revision 360?

I have a number of them I'd like to get rid of/sell off and haven't had much luck in thinking of somewhere that might take them off of my hands.

#1224 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

VStock sells them but I'm sure they give almost nothing for them.

If any of them are rarer, then how about GameGavel.com?

42869.png

#1225 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

FYI Fenton GS still has double digit XB1 preorders available and a crapton of PS4 preorders available.

42869.png

#1226 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Fenton GS is out of XB1 as is most of STL, while they still have PS4 preorders available.

42869.png

#1227 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Was anybody able to get the Scarlet Ninjini this weekend? The few Gamestops I went to this weekend didn't seem to even get it in. 

I was able to pick up the Polar Whirlwind.

Posted Image

#1228 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

It's been real STL CAG.  My last week in Saint Louis ends on Saturday.

#1229 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Was anybody able to get the Scarlet Ninjini this weekend? The few Gamestops I went to this weekend didn't seem to even get it in. 

I was able to pick up the Polar Whirlwind.

Fenton had them but sold out in the first hour. Had 30 person line waiting for open.

It's been real STL CAG.  My last week in Saint Louis ends on Saturday.

Peace out. Where you going?

Fenton GS is out of XB1 as is most of STL, while they still have PS4 preorders available.

Fenton GS has a limited amount of XB1 preorders available & ps4 preorders are available until Sony tells GS to stop.

42869.png

#1230 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Peace out. Where you going?

Heading to NJ/NYC Metro area.  Love Saint Louis but I've always been a traveler.  Can't say in one area for that long, get restless.