St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1358 replies to this topic

#1231 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Fenton GS is out if XB1 preorders, and that may apply for the whole city of GS locations.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1232 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Went to the Brentwood Best Buy yesterday to do a few trade ins and man, what happened? Had to take the trade ins to customer service and they basically didn't know what to do. Meanwhile I was in a line for people trying to check out, trade in games and to have Geek Squad look at their computer. I was there 45 minutes to trade in 3 games. Unreal.

536739.png

#1233 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Went to the Brentwood Best Buy yesterday to do a few trade ins and man, what happened? Had to take the trade ins to customer service and they basically didn't know what to do. Meanwhile I was in a line for people trying to check out, trade in games and to have Geek Squad look at their computer. I was there 45 minutes to trade in 3 games. Unreal.

I've always had problems with trade ins at that store.  They either didn't know how to apply the 10% Gamer's club bonus, didn't have anyone who could do trade ins (wtf), or experienced something similar to what you had happen.

I'm sticking to Gamestop unfortunately unless the offers are too good to be true.

#1234 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, they forgot to add my 10% but after being there for over an hour it wasn't worth going back over with them sadly for $3.60

536739.png

#1235 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

BB is getting read of the dedicated gaming section counters and making everyone go t customer service to trade anything in, even for phones or whatever. No more dedicated gaming staff either I think.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1236 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Also this weekend is the LAST weekend to preorder an XB1 in store and be guaranteed a day 1 system at GS.

42869.png

#1237 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

If anyone here is interested or anyone who know that plays Magic, Yeti Gaming on Watson Road is having a Standard constructed Magic tournament on Saturday where first prize is a card that sells on the open market for just under $1000. $25 entry fee.

Spoiler

42869.png

#1238 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Does anyone n the STL area know of any casual Magic Gatherings (wow pun not originally intended). I am not overly experienced and did not even understand some of the stipulations for the tournament listed above. I want to learn, get better, and just have fun. (preferably to the eastern side of STL.... )
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1239 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Wizards Wagon in the Loop has some casual gatherings from what I've seen. I work down the street from them.

536739.png

#1240 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

Bodach's Games in Arnold will draft every other Tuesday and the non-draft weeks people will be there just playing.

If you want help learning Magic I'm more than willing to play over XBL with Duels of the Planeswalkers so you can learn and get comfortable enough to eventually go to a Friday Night Magic event.

42869.png

#1241 Zygote

Zygote

Yu are the One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

http://www.vintagest...coupon1307b.jpg - Movie trading company/ Vintage Stock has B1G1F - July 30-Aug 1

"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#1242 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

FYI sometime in either May or June the Fenton GS is going to triple it's square footage (from 800 to 2400) as Oreck is closing and GS is buying out their space and breaking the walls down.

This fell through so no expansion to the Fenton GS.

42869.png

#1243 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

What the hell did they do? Fuck

Greetings from the Amazon Associates Program.

We are writing from the Amazon Associates Program to notify you that your Associates account will be closed and your Amazon Services LLC Associates Program Operating Agreement will be terminated effective August 27, 2013. This is a direct result of the unconstitutional Missouri state tax collection legislation passed by the state legislature and signed by Governor Nixon on July 5, 2013, with an effective date of August 28, 2013. As a result, we will no longer pay any advertising fees for customers referred to an Amazon Site after August 27 nor will we accept new applications for the Associates Program from Missouri residents.

Please be assured that all qualifying advertising fees earned prior to August 28, 2013 will be processed and paid in full in accordance with your regular advertising fee schedule. Based on your account closure date of August 27, 2013, any final payments will be paid by October 31, 2013.

While we oppose this unconstitutional state legislation, we strongly support the federal Marketplace Fairness Act now pending before Congress. Congressional legislation is the only way to create a simplified, constitutional framework to resolve interstate sales tax issues and it would allow us to re-open our Associates program to Missouri residents.

We thank you for being part of the Amazon Associates Program, and look forward to re-opening our program when Congress passes the Marketplace Fairness Act.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Associates Team

Posted Image

#1244 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

Does this mean digital codes (XBL, PSN, etc.) will be taxed now? What about Gamestop store credit?

Also I'm an individual seller; will I still be able to sell on Amazon?

42869.png

#1245 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Does this mean digital codes (XBL, PSN, etc.) will be taxed now? What about Gamestop store credit?

I have no idea... I'm having trouble finding the bill. What I do know is that all Missouri based blogs basically lost half of their potential income sources. If Cheapy was based in Missouri, he'd be totally screwed.

I plan on calling my State Rep in the morning and ask her what the hell they were thinking.

Posted Image

#1246 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

No, it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

It has to do with people making money off of affiliate links, or people who would get money by sending people to Amazon.

As far as the actual bill itself, this is the first I've heard of it.

#1247 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

No, it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

It has to do with people making money off of affiliate links, or people who would get money by sending people to Amazon.

As far as the actual bill itself, this is the first I've heard of it.

It got buried into a random bill and signed by Nixon. It will tax stuff bought online, so it probably would impact Steam and PSN.

http://www.senate.mo...BillID=16944767

Posted Image

#1248 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

It got buried into a random bill and signed by Nixon. It will tax stuff bought online, so it probably would impact Steam and PSN.

http://www.senate.mo...BillID=16944767

http://www.kansascit...associates.html

This reads to me that it is taxing those affiliate referrals now.  Not online purchases entirely.  I guess we'll see on August 28th...

#1249 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Fenton GS will have midnight releases every Monday except for Sept. 2 for the next 5 weeks:

Aug. 19- SR, SC, Bureau
Aug. 26- Madden, Japanese games
Sept. 16- GTA V

Edit: NHL midnight most likely canceled as the store manager, who is also an area manager & a Blues season ticket holder, may end up promoted to another state so that will end that.

42869.png

#1250 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

Fenton Target sold out on Vitas.

42869.png

#1251 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

http://www.kansascit...associates.html

This reads to me that it is taxing those affiliate referrals now.  Not online purchases entirely.  I guess we'll see on August 28th...

Yeah, I think you're right. That actually makes me more upset since Missouri is essentially just targeting one group of people who make money on the internet.

Posted Image

#1252 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

Just got a day one Xbox preordered at the GameStop in U City. Not sure how long they will keep the preorders open.

536739.png

#1253 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

Not sure if this will change soon or not but there is still no tax on MS Point/Steam/PSN card purchases as of tonight at the Fenton GS.

42869.png

#1254 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

So I walked into the St. Peters Walmart store. Apparantly they are selling the Injustice: Gods Among Us COLLECTOR'S EDITION for $59.96 (it's only $10 more than than the game alone). Multiple copies of both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Is it worth it for the statue/DLC goodies if I already own the game?

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#1255 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

So I walked into the St. Peters Walmart store. Apparantly they are selling the Injustice: Gods Among Us COLLECTOR'S EDITION for $59.96 (it's only $10 more than than the game alone). Multiple copies of both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Is it worth it for the statue/DLC goodies if I already own the game?

Maybe if you sell the game and keep the goodies you'd be out like $30 I guess.

42869.png

#1256 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

If people are curious most of the south county-ish GS locations are around 200 or more preorders for GTA V while Fenton is over 500 & counting. So expect Fenton to be slammed if you're going to trade, etc. there next week.

42869.png

#1257 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

The OfficeMax in Arnold is closing and they have some external Hard Drives for 40% off. Might be useful for the Wii U, Xbox One or Playstation 4. I thought about picking one up, but by the time I would need one they might already be faster and cheaper.

Posted Image

#1258 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

Ramen keep us informed if you would. I need a larger one (have a 250GB right now) and wouldn't mind getting a bigger one cheap. I can't get out there until Wednesday night.

42869.png

#1259 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

Their last day is Saturday September 28th and they do markdowns on Thursdays. They seem to knock down prices by 10% every Thursday.

It also looks like area GameStops have gotten new shipments of the PC Version of Final Fantasy XIV. It looks like I'll actually be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Posted Image

#1260 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

If people are curious most of the south county-ish GS locations are around 200 or more preorders for GTA V while Fenton is over 500 & counting. So expect Fenton to be slammed if you're going to trade, etc. there next week.

The guy at the Delmar GameStop said they had about 500 preorders

536739.png