St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1379 replies to this topic

#151 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

on any hard to find releases, always check Game Crazy on West Florissant off of 270 on the North side. I work there, and we always have games. We never once sold out of Street Fighter 4 or Resident Evil 5. Had Fight Pads/Sticks for a long time. We always order tons of stuff because we preorder so much.

and if you come in, look for the only short white guy working there. THat's me :)

That Gamecrazy has been a diamond in the rough for me (I live pretty close to there). Usually when the Gamestops in the area are out of a game, I can almost always still find it at Gamecrazy. Of course, now that the secret is out... :)

If you ever see a blonde, 30-something white chick come in your store looking really out of place amongst the other patrons, it's likely me. :)
Posted Image

#152 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

The Fenton Gamestop still has 1 PS3 CE of SF IV if you're looking for one, it was a transfer from another store. I also saw a CE of Halo Wars at the West County Mall EB Games, but that was 2 weeks ago.

The Fenton Gamecrazy really pissed me off on Black Friday and I refuse to go there anymore. I filed a MO Attorney General complaint against them and was awarded a $20 GC. I then went there to redeem it for a PSN card (was waiting for them to get 1600 MS point cards back in stock but needed the PSN card more) and it took them 1 hour and 7 calls to GC Tech Support to sell me the card.

I was one of their best customers from 2006-mid 2007, even got a friend to buy a 360 there. Now all I've bought there since Sept. 08 was Tales of Vesperia LE, 2 sets of PS3 triggers for $5 each (the ones that slide onto the L2/R2 buttons,) Burnout Paradise 360 ($20 and Gamestop was sold out of new and used copies,) and that $20 PSN card I got essentially for free. Compare that to the hundreds I've spent at the Fenton Gamestop and it's a blow to them.

Even though the GC pre-order item was much cooler for RE 5 (sandglobe vs. animation cell) I still went to Gamestop because they treat customers much better there. It's not the manager or the asst. (red hair, glasses,) but it's this fat kid (third key I guess?) they hired from CC in 2007 that is the a-typical game store jackass. See my blog list for what happened on Black Friday.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#153 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

That Gamecrazy has been a diamond in the rough for me (I live pretty close to there). Usually when the Gamestops in the area are out of a game, I can almost always still find it at Gamecrazy. Of course, now that the secret is out... :)

If you ever see a blonde, 30-something white chick come in your store looking really out of place amongst the other patrons, it's likely me. :)

I hate the Gamestop in our area. Everytime I go in there, and try to make small talk with the employees about games and stuff while they are slow, they act like I have the plague. Then again, that's the norm for every GS I've ever been in. It's like their employees are too good to talk to the customers.

If you are ever in the West Flo. GC, I'll be the out of place employee(the only small white guy working there). We don't get many Cheap Ass Gamer's around here, just a lot of Cheap Ass Customers :bomb:

The Fenton Gamestop still has 1 PS3 CE of SF IV if you're looking for one, it was a transfer from another store. I also saw a CE of Halo Wars at the West County Mall EB Games, but that was 2 weeks ago.

The Fenton Gamecrazy really pissed me off on Black Friday and I refuse to go there anymore. I filed a MO Attorney General complaint against them and was awarded a $20 GC. I then went there to redeem it for a PSN card (was waiting for them to get 1600 MS point cards back in stock but needed the PSN card more) and it took them 1 hour and 7 calls to GC Tech Support to sell me the card.

I was one of their best customers from 2006-mid 2007, even got a friend to buy a 360 there. Now all I've bought there since Sept. 08 was Tales of Vesperia LE, 2 sets of PS3 triggers for $5 each (the ones that slide onto the L2/R2 buttons,) Burnout Paradise 360 ($20 and Gamestop was sold out of new and used copies,) and that $20 PSN card I got essentially for free. Compare that to the hundreds I've spent at the Fenton Gamestop and it's a blow to them.

Even though the GC pre-order item was much cooler for RE 5 (sandglobe vs. animation cell) I still went to Gamestop because they treat customers much better there. It's not the manager or the asst. (red hair, glasses,) but it's this fat kid (third key I guess?) they hired from CC in 2007 that is the a-typical game store jackass. See my blog list for what happened on Black Friday.

That sucks that GC gave you bad help. I will admit, we have had a lot of trouble with those PSN cards. But it sucks because I kinda take pride in the fact that I feel like GC has always given me better service than GS(see above) and I strive to give that to my customers in my store.
BTW, if you really want one of those sandglobes, we have boxes at my store, and if you are ever going to be in North County, send me a PM and come by the store and you can have one.

#154 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

I hate the Gamestop in our area. Everytime I go in there, and try to make small talk with the employees about games and stuff while they are slow, they act like I have the plague. Then again, that's the norm for every GS I've ever been in. It's like their employees are too good to talk to the customers.

If you are ever in the West Flo. GC, I'll be the out of place employee(the only small white guy working there). We don't get many Cheap Ass Gamer's around here, just a lot of Cheap Ass Customers :bomb:

Yeah whenever I go to the Gamestop around here, I have to figure the checkout process will take a minimum of 10 minutes once I get to the counter. If there's a line (and there usually is), I'm there for what feels like forever. I don't get it. :lol:
Posted Image

#155 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

Game Crazy on West Florissant in North County has x360 TE sticks for SF4

#156 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

I'm glad the GS store down by me on Telegraph (Coppergate Square) takes good care of me on promo items and pre-orders. I've been giving them all of my business and only picking up other stuff as needed at other stores.

Since the GC down on Telegraph closed a couple of years ago, the only one nearby is the one in Fenton, and most of the times I've been in there, the employees are nothing but assuming know-it-all jackasses. Also why most of the time I don't go there when I'm looking for games and other items.

The Florissant GC is vaguely close to work, so I could swing by there to pick something up as needed. Good to know there's a CAG working there, so that's always a plus.

#157 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:34 AM

For what it's worth, I live about five miles from the Fenton Game Crazy and work less than a mile from the Florissant location. The Fenton one sucks; they've pretty much given me nothing but trouble over the years, but I've never had a bad experience at the Flo one ever that I can think of. I also used to have good luck at the Rock Hill location, but they closed a couple of weeks ago.

#158 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

For what it's worth, I live about five miles from the Fenton Game Crazy and work less than a mile from the Florissant location. The Fenton one sucks; they've pretty much given me nothing but trouble over the years, but I've never had a bad experience at the Flo one ever that I can think of. I also used to have good luck at the Rock Hill location, but they closed a couple of weeks ago.

Well, that sucks that the Rock Hill location closed. Store locator doesn't show them coming up as a store, so that's a shame.

I went there a couple of times trying to find games that were on sale that the other stores didn't have. Guess that's not an option any longer.

#159 RLaidEPeas

RLaidEPeas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:52 AM

Anybody ever go to the Game Trader at Hawks Nest Plaza in St Charles?

#160 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:25 AM

Anybody ever go to the Game Trader at Hawks Nest Plaza in St Charles?

Yeah, I adore that place. I've gotten so much good stuff there. I also love Trade-N-Games down in Fenton.

#161 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

If anyone is still looking for Madden, the South County BB has at least 4 copies of the 360 CE (Madden 09 + NFL Head Coach 09) for $30.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#162 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:48 AM

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Kirby Air Ride (used most likely) with the disc, original box, and instructions?

I'm also interested in getting the original PS1 Crash games, and some older players guides, too.

I'm having no luck. I just can't see buying a used Crash game for $20-30.
Are they really that rare?

If anyone is still looking for Madden, the South County BB has at least 4 copies of the 360 CE (Madden 09 + NFL Head Coach 09) for $30.

You just gave me some nice memories of working there. lol

#163 thack

thack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:25 AM

I'm also interested in getting the original PS1 Crash games, and some older players guides, too.

On the Slackers website, there are several Crash games in the $15 dollar range.

#164 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

The Walmart at 44 & Lindbergh in Sunset Hills has a number of games at the front registers, all of them under a $10 sign.

Most of it is crap, though there's games for most systems. I think there were games for the PS2, PS3, Wii, 360, DS and PSP. No Xbox or GC stuff, I believe. Only highlights I can think off off-hand was Okami for the Wii and UT3 for the 360.

It's not even close to organized, so you'd have to dig through and figure out what's good and what's not. I was there on Saturday, so no idea what might still be there.

#165 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Has anyone seen Kirby Air Ride around? I had to return a copy because the disc was unreadable.

#166 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

Not a deal, but the bar "The Library" next to Soulard's Market has Guitar Hero Arcade. I didn't play it, but the bartender mentioned that it was one of only two in the city.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#167 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

They have Guitar Hero Arcade at Fast Eddie's in Alton too.

#168 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

good luck trying to get to it unless it is during the day. That place is packed and is usually standing only on friday and saturday night. Also it is not as great as everyone makes it out to be. The beer is cold but not the coldest and every time I went the burgers were always under cooked. In what little light that was there I could still see some red in the meat. Now that they have Guitar Hero Arcade there I don't think you will be able to even get close to that thing. Atleast it will free up a table. Well maybe.
Posted Image

#169 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

They have Guitar Hero Arcade at Fast Eddie's in Alton too.

There's also a Guitar Hero Arcade at Pop's in Sauget IL. I was there Friday for a concert and noticed it. Looked pretty cool, but I didn't get to try it out.
Posted Image

#170 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

As of 6 p.m. Friday night, Chesterfield, MO Target had 1 copy of Halo Wars LE for $55. in its clearance section.

42869.png

#171 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

looking for a 60gb ps3 or 80gb MGS bundle, Game Crazy W. Florissant has one of each, brand new

#172 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

If there's anyone looking for an AC6 bundle, the Best Buy on Watson in Crestwood had one last night. It was tagged @ $99.99, which is the discounted price.

Also, assuming it's still there, there was a SF IV CE 360 version at the Gamestop in South County on Telegraph, as of Friday evening.

#173 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

Shrike,
The DM you talked about in the penny guide thread; do you know what stores she covers? I ask this as St. Louis is divided out among 5 or so Gamestop districts so I wonder if I'll be able to find something at Fenton tomorrow.

42869.png

#174 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:41 AM

Shrike,
The DM you talked about in the penny guide thread; do you know what stores she covers? I ask this as St. Louis is divided out among 5 or so Gamestop districts so I wonder if I'll be able to find something at Fenton tomorrow.

I'd have to take a guess at the districts, though it would make sense if they cover geographical areas. The likely area that would cover my neck of the woods would probably be anything south of I-44. Assuming that's the case for that area, it would be be the Telegraph store, the three SoCo mall stores, the Gravios Bluffs store and possibly the Sunset Hills stores off of Watson.

From what I had seen, my guess is that she's not the only one with the attitude about field destroys.

#175 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

yea, if I'm guessing from the attitudes of the employees/manager at the lindburgh store in north county, no penny guides from that DM either. I found one one time and they refused sale. and it's pretty much the same 4 people who work there all the time I go in.

#176 ChokeOnTheMagic

ChokeOnTheMagic

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

Going to the South Grand GameCrazy in a couple hours to see if that 13.00 "used" StarWars: Force Unleashed thing is legit. Update coming soon.

#177 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Going to the South Grand GameCrazy in a couple hours to see if that 13.00 "used" StarWars: Force Unleashed thing is legit. Update coming soon.

I can confirm that it is. I work at the one in Florissant and we dropped the price on it the other day.

#178 thabizzle

thabizzle

I'll have...the chicken!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

just copped a copy of Force Unleashed @ Ferguson/Florissant store earlier. myl0r, if that was you that helped me, i was the pigmentally endowed guy with the all-black Cardinals cap and blue shirt.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#179 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:39 AM

If anyone is interested, the Chesterfield BB still has 3 copies of the 360 SF4 CE and 3 copies of the PS3 RE5 CE. Both are still marked at full price though. BB is also having a massive (for them) Blu-Ray sale with about 30 or so Blu-Rays on sale for $15 until July 4.

Also beware of the PS3 RE5 CE's as the outer boxes have been mangled because of the anti-theft sensor wrapped around it.

They also still have some Smackdown vs. Raw 09 PS3 CE's though for $50, but unless you want the Blu-Ray you're better off getting the regular version at Target for $30.

42869.png

#180 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

Few things of note:

SoCo BB on S. Lindbergh had LOADS of penny guides, most everything save MGS4 LE, including SSBB.

SoCo TRU on S. Lindbergh has a Singstar Vol 2 bundle, and supposedly has "loads of bundles in the back" of Buzz. RZone rep didn't know the bundles had dropped. They had one in the glass case, though I picked it up. Stickers in the case for the bundles are the normal $59.99 price, but the hang tag in the PS3 section for Buzz shows the right price, though it might be for the game.

Sunset Hills TRU on S. Lindbergh had one Singstar Vol 2 bundle, though no Buzz bundles.

Since I picked up the Buzz bundles at TRU, I'm returning my Walmart bundle back to the Manchester store in Town & Country / Des Peres tomorrow, so if you can't find it at Sears or TRU, check at that Walmart after mid-evening tomorrow.