• Please log in to reply
1358 replies to this topic

#181 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:47 AM

What is the price of Buzz at TRU?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#182 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

What is the price of Buzz at TRU?

$9.98. Sears has it at $20, though I never find much luck in clearance games @ Sears. Walmart has it for $20.

#183 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:38 AM

Thanks. I've had it since launch but I will look to maybe get copies for friends.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#184 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

No problem. I know the RZone rep in the SoCo store was shocked by the pricing on Buzz & Singstar bundles, and he kept saying that there were "lots more in the back" of the Buzz bundles. I didn't see it personally, I can't say for certain if they were or if he was just trying to be funny.

#185 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

just copped a copy of Force Unleashed @ Ferguson/Florissant store earlier. myl0r, if that was you that helped me, i was the pigmentally endowed guy with the all-black Cardinals cap and blue shirt.

that was me. next time let me know you are a fellow CAG

#186 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:03 AM

No problem. I know the RZone rep in the SoCo store was shocked by the pricing on Buzz & Singstar bundles, and he kept saying that there were "lots more in the back" of the Buzz bundles. I didn't see it personally, I can't say for certain if they were or if he was just trying to be funny.

I had no luck in North County. Went in to TRU to get Singstar and the last two bundles of Singstar 1 and 2(2 bundles each) were on HOLD for someone. I was pissed. I could have gotten Singstar 2 game only for $9.98, but I would have no mics since someone had 8 of them on hold in his bundles. Pissed me off.

#187 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

I had no luck in North County. Went in to TRU to get Singstar and the last two bundles of Singstar 1 and 2(2 bundles each) were on HOLD for someone. I was pissed. I could have gotten Singstar 2 game only for $9.98, but I would have no mics since someone had 8 of them on hold in his bundles. Pissed me off.

That's more than a little ridiculous to have that many bundles on-hold.

#188 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:45 AM

Few things of note:

SoCo BB on S. Lindbergh had LOADS of penny guides, most everything save MGS4 LE, including SSBB.

SoCo TRU on S. Lindbergh has a Singstar Vol 2 bundle, and supposedly has "loads of bundles in the back" of Buzz. RZone rep didn't know the bundles had dropped. They had one in the glass case, though I picked it up. Stickers in the case for the bundles are the normal $59.99 price, but the hang tag in the PS3 section for Buzz shows the right price, though it might be for the game.

Hadn't had time this week to go shopping for clearance stuff until today. The BB in South County must be dropping strategy guides completely as almost all of them were 20% off. Only penny ones left were 2 Gears 2 LE guides and I bought both of those.

South County TRU was sold out of Buzz. I was told there were only 4 bundles total when the price dropped. They had a Singstar 1 bundle left and that was it. Makes me feel real stupid for buying that for $35 at CC liquidation when it could have been had for $10.

Went to the Chesterfield BB and TRU on Friday night (I was working there Friday afternoon) and there were no penny guides at BB, and Chesterfield sold out of Buzz earlier in the week. There was 1 Singstar 1 PS3 bundle left there also.

42869.png

#189 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

As of 5 p.m., the Fenton, MO Target had 3 copies of Afro Samurai on 360 available at $14.98 each. All the other 360 games that are on the clearance schedule are in the 360 display case.

42869.png

#190 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:55 AM

I just left the Bridgeton Best Buy and got a copy of Guitar Hero: Smash Hits that isn't out till next Tuesday. I don't want to post this in the main forum because I am guessing an employee messed up and stuck them all out. they were on the shelves for 59.99 and I got a free Drum pedal also that is in next weeks ad, I don't know when they close but you might want to check it out if you live close.
122445.png

#191 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:45 AM

Please don't be mad but I bought the 6 copies of Afro Samurai at the South County Target, but they were ALL for members of the RagTag CAG group (darkbossman, shan, flesh, dkreegz, joe2187, and cmart05.) They are paying me for the copies of course.

42869.png

#192 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

Please don't be mad but I bought the 6 copies of Afro Samurai at the South County Target, but they were ALL for members of the RagTag CAG group (darkbossman, shan, flesh, dkreegz, joe2187, and cmart05.) They are paying me for the copies of course.

:bomb:

There he goes, pillaging my Target.

As long as they're for other CAGs, that's OK. ;)

#193 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

:bomb:

There he goes, pillaging my Target.

As long as they're for other CAGs, that's OK. ;)

Yeah if Fenton still had some I would have went there but I got one two weeks ago and they disappeared after that. If not all the CAG copies are claimed you'll be the first to know.

42869.png

#194 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

SoCo Target had two copies of GT5P @ $9.98 and 2 (or 3) copies of R&C F: ToD @ $14.98 when I left there this evening. Assuming they're still that price tomorrow morning, might be worth a pickup. They have shelf tags showing that price, in fact.

#195 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:21 AM

myl0r,
Any idea why I was refused the 360 wireless controller for 29.99 at Fenton like it's supposed to be at all other Game Crazy's and why the used game deal isn't being offered there either?

http://www.cheapassg...331#post5995331

Also why hasn't the air conditioner been fixed there since it broke 2 weeks ago? It's 100 plus heat index with heat advisories out there and all the HWV/GC have to cool the stores are box fans.

Getting ready to file my 2nd MO Attorney General complaint against the Fenton, MO store in 7 months.

42869.png

#196 carn311

carn311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

Currently at kirkwood target.

Aprox 5 copies secret agent clank psp $9.99

3 copies GHIII 360 $7.50

three copies of riddik for $42 on 360

I got the last star ocean for 9.99 ;)

#197 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:05 AM

myl0r,
Any idea why I was refused the 360 wireless controller for 29.99 at Fenton like it's supposed to be at all other Game Crazy's and why the used game deal isn't being offered there either?

http://www.cheapassg...331#post5995331

Also why hasn't the air conditioner been fixed there since it broke 2 weeks ago? It's 100 plus heat index with heat advisories out there and all the HWV/GC have to cool the stores are box fans.

Getting ready to file my 2nd MO Attorney General complaint against the Fenton, MO store in 7 months.

Fenton Game Crazy? I do not know man. Next time I see my boss or our DM I will mention how I heard of someone not getting advertised deals and having a horrible time there.
We(the W. Florissant store) honestly never even deal with them. We never call them to transfer things, nothing. I honestly sometimes forget that one exists. But I will ask my boss tomorrow, because he kinda helps out the DM doing district stuff within the city.

#198 gleditts

gleditts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

Any cags in stl find l4d at target? If so, where?

#199 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:00 AM

Currently at kirkwood target.

Aprox 5 copies secret agent clank psp $9.99

3 copies GHIII 360 $7.50

three copies of riddik for $42 on 360

I got the last star ocean for 9.99 ;)

That would have been nice, but I'm scared to death of driving now.

#200 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:23 AM

Fenton, MO Target has lots of copies of Prince of Persia for $15 and Secret Agent Clank for $10.

42869.png

#201 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

Which console is PoP for? Both?

#202 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

No 360 only on PoP clearance at Target.

#203 cvraider

cvraider

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

Target in Arnold had 10+ copies of fear 2 for 12.48. 1 riddick 41.98, multiple copies of a wrestling game for 360, and some wii crap nothing too notable. Clearance relocated to back row of dvd section.

#204 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:35 AM

Target at brentwood, rock road and st peters had a couple copies of Guitar Hero 3 Legends of rock (360) for 7.98. I already have it but If you need it might want to check, it is on the discount game rack and I found a couple on a shelf way in the back on the rock road by the clearance games
122445.png

#205 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

Target in Arnold had 10+ copies of fear 2 for 12.48. 1 riddick 41.98, multiple copies of a wrestling game for 360, and some wii crap nothing too notable. Clearance relocated to back row of dvd section.

I'll have to try and run by there sometime in the next couple of days and see if I can pick up one. Thanks for the head's up.

South County Target just had HAWX @ $41.98 on their clearance section, which I'm hoping will drop soon.

South County Best Buy has a number of games tagged with green dots and red dots. Red dot games are 20% off their price in the register, and green dot games are 10% off their price in the register. I took a quick look at it last night when I was there, though it looks like mostly crap from what I remember. Worth taking a look if you're going there anyway.

#206 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:15 AM

Came back from the Arnold Target, and picked up a copy of FEAR 2 @ $12.48. There was another copy left, as well as the single copy of Riddick @ $41.98 and numerous copies of HAWX @ $41.98, plus some other random games.

And yes, it's in the back row of the DVD section, and in fact, a couple of employees didn't know where it was. I think it was moved there because there was a Sony TV in the Clearance section where I'm sure the games would normally be at.

#207 cvraider

cvraider

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

Glad you found a copy of fear shrike!!! I'll pay more attention to detail next time as far as whats clearanced. I never find anything worth while in fenton where i live.

#208 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

Glad you found a copy of fear shrike!!! I'll pay more attention to detail next time as far as whats clearanced. I never find anything worth while in fenton where i live.

Thanks for letting me know about it. Greatly appreciated.

The South County store on Rusty Road is my "normal" Target, and their clearance stuff tends to suck pretty badly. Best I found was Last Remnant at $12.48 on a random visit, and the rest hasn't been that great.

The Arnold store isn't too far away, though not the one I'd run to normally. The Gravois Bluffs / Fenton store is the other "normal" one I'd go to, and they have OK clearance stuff, though not that great.

I certainly don't find anything like other people find, though it may be because other people hit it long before I can make it out there.

Though, again, thank you for letting me know about FEAR 2 in Arnold. Greatly appreciated. :applause:

#209 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Yes thanks also for the Arnold heads up, I just drove there from Hazelwood and got a copy of Fear 2 for 12.48. They had 1 left there along with one prince of Persia for the same price and about 10 guitar hero world tours for PS3 for 15 bucks. It was confusing to find them here, they are right by the DVD's like near the childrens books aisle.

Coming from the other end of the world that was a tough store to find. I drove by it once no seeing it down in the valley. It was worth it though grabbed a nice churro from costco for the drive back

Also I picked up Dead Space for 19.99 at Game Crazy on West Florissant up this way. they had lots of copies left. Might want to call the store to make sure they have one before you drive 20 miles though. I cant wait to play it.
122445.png

#210 cvraider

cvraider

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:15 AM

Ill report back more often if i find anything worthwhile. Currently laid off and at home watching my daughter so i have time to get out and look for these deals every couple of weeks. I can afford a cheap game every now and then. Tempted to pick up dead space at gamecrazy also.:)