New Hampshire Deals!!

I'm in New Hampshire.

I haven't gotten a good deal on video games since I moved here. On the plus side, the EB Games where I shop now is cool, much better than the Gamestop.

TBW

[quote name='smellhasreturned']uhhh hooksett k-mart has castlevania for 2.99

smell has spoken[/QUOTE]

wow smell your like god

im leaving now to pick a few up :lol:

I'm in New Hampshire too.

As for good deals.. ah... hmm... Nope can't really think of any. Most of the good deals I get are online.

I found this place recently:
http://www.gameswapzone.com/

That have some pretty sweet deals.
I've got Resident Evil 0, 2 & 3 for GameCube for $10 each factory sealed
and I got the whole PS2 .Hack// game series for $16 total all factory sealed.
Also have picked up a bunch of New Strategy Guide for $3-$5

The Hooksett Kmart is pretty sad ... all the games are covered in dust, but at least they finally moved the clearance games from inside the glass counter.

I'm from Manchester BTW. Didn't know there were that many CAG's from the area.

I know there is a place in Plaistow(sp?) called "The Video Game Exchange", and from what I hear, they have retro games at good prices as well as some other good stuff.

I'm in Rochester btw...(about 25 miles north of Portsmouth)

[quote name='Supaman1489']I know there is a place in Plaistow(sp?) called "The Video Game Exchange", and from what I hear, they have retro games at good prices as well as some other good stuff.
[/QUOTE]

That's my secret gold mine, don't intrude on my territory!

[quote name='alonzomourning23']That's my secret gold mine, don't intrude on my territory![/QUOTE]

^_^ I'm actually gonna go there for my first time tomorrow. I'll bust the secret wide open and let the rest of the NH CAG's know if the store is good or bad. I just hope I can find something worth making the trip for....

Plaistow is my home town, kiddies!
Don't intrude on MY territory.
Actually, I'm at school, so I'm glad some CAGs can enjoy my hometown in my absence.

I didn't make it to Video Game Exchange, I'm guessing they were closed. I called to see how late they were open yesterday(sunday) and got no answer. Thats okay though, a good friend of mine told me that the guy who runs the place is a real jerk. But I'm not gonna say anything about the place until I go.

[quote name='Supaman1489']I didn't make it to Video Game Exchange, I'm guessing they were closed. I called to see how late they were open yesterday(sunday) and got no answer. Thats okay though, a good friend of mine told me that the guy who runs the place is a real jerk. But I'm not gonna say anything about the place until I go.[/QUOTE]

Sorta. He's a jerk if you listen to him talk to his employee (the younger guy, I think he's the only one who works there beside the older owner). He's not rude to him or anything (he's like a friend, you can't tell who runs it by listening to them), but the discussions you overhear make you think he's a jerk. He's nice to customers though (at least to me). The other employee isn't very nice, but not a jerk either.

I need to take a trip there at some point, I wish it wasn't a 53 Min drive for me. =/

One question, for 8bit and 16bit gen, are the games mostly Carts only or is there good odds I can find compleate games? I really want to find a copy of Final Fantasy II and III with box and manual.

[quote name='CapAmerica']I need to take a trip there at some point, I wish it wasn't a 53 Min drive for me. =/

One question, for 8bit and 16bit gen, are the games mostly Carts only or is there good odds I can find compleate games? I really want to find a copy of Final Fantasy II and III with box and manual.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna piggy back on this question and add in, how is the Dreamcast selection?

Also, thanks for the heads up on the whole "if he's a jerk or not".

Any idea on their store hours?

[quote name='CapAmerica']I need to take a trip there at some point, I wish it wasn't a 53 Min drive for me. =/

One question, for 8bit and 16bit gen, are the games mostly Carts only or is there good odds I can find compleate games? I really want to find a copy of Final Fantasy II and III with box and manual.[/QUOTE]

For 8 bit mostly cart only, there's a mixture with the 16 bit. That store knows the prices of games 8 years ago, meaning ff3 or ff2 would likely be overpriced, or at ebay level. For example, ogre battle is 100, but suikoden 2 was 30 about a year ago. Last year I heard him say, after someone asked if he does ebay, saying he didn't have time for it. When I came home from college I went there again, he had some sealed harvest moon 64's and ogre battle 64's and I asked the price. He checked something on the computer (they do have an inventory price list though, which I've seen) and he said 80 and 100, which I thought was strangely high for them. The next time I picked out a guide for 15 bucks (goes for 50 on ebay) and his employee said "how did this get out here? It should have been in back". Then, when I picked up tales of destiny and some other game (about 25 bucks each, worth around 40 or 50 each), the owner commented on how I got a good deal, since they're a lot more on ebay. And the FF3 guide I almost bought (it was 25 bucks, I thought it was 15 like all the other new guides, as it wasn't marked any different) he said the same thing. When I found out it was 25 I hesitated, he said it goes for about 40 on ebay (which is true), I decided against it. It was a good deal, but I didn't want to spend 25 on a guide I wasn't going to use.

Even though he's found ebay, there are still good deals. But I fear the days of 30 dollar suikoden 2's (got 4 from there), $15 FF7 versus guide ($100 on ebay), $35 sealed rhapsodies (I got 2 from there, long before the reprint. He wanted 40, but I hesitated so he said 35. Ebay value of 120 each), sealed tales of destiny 1 and 2 ($30 each, worth around 100 each), 2 sealed persona 1's ($25, about 60 on ebay) and a sealed persona 2 (about $30, about 100 on ebay, again before reprint), all of which where bought about a year ago, are gone. It used to be a shining example of the off the beaten path, technologically out of touch ma and pa store. Now it's just a game store with a great selection of old games, used (5 bucks each unless something is particularly rare) and new guides at decent prices. Almost all the stuff I buy now I keep, I used to ebay about 60% or 70% of it.

It really was a gold mine. I'd go on shopping trips to portsmouth, spend 150 dollars in plaistow and portsmouth, and end up being $100 ahead after ebay. I had essentially free stuff for my personal collection, plus more money than I started with.

Their dreamcast collection isn't very good from what I remember, but I've never paid much attention to dreamcast.

I'm not really sure about the hours, though anywhere from 10 to 6 is safe I believe. I think they are longer than that though. They're closed sunday. Not sure about monday, they either used to be closed monday, or used to be open and now close on mondays.

Hey guys, been a while since this has seen some action... Well any way, the Circuit City in Newington's clearance bin had some alright games for pretty cheap. The most expensive was probably $15. I can't remember any specific titles off the top of my head, but if you missed out on a B rated game, it might be worth checking out.

[quote name='jimbo12457']Suncoast in the mall of new hampsire is going out of buisness......theres a sale going on....go check it out[/QUOTE]

How could I forget that. The Suncoast in the Fox Run Mall in Newington is also going out of business.

Any idea if prices are going to drop way below the MSRP?

[quote name='alonzomourning23']damn, the newington one was the only one I really care about. They have a much more lenient return policy than other suncoasts and a good used section.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm gonna go scope out the Newington store today and I'll post my findings later today.

Okay, here's the low down on Suncoast. Everything is marked down 30 to 50 percent. Most games/umds are 30% off, which isnt that bad if you can price match games to cheaper and then get the discount. They still have a lot of inventory left and I'm not sure when they are closing, but I know I'm gonna hold off until the super mark downs occur and I can find some of the games there I want cheaper elsewhere and price match them.

I'm from NH too!
Portsmouth to be exact :whistle2:/ still can't find anywhere that sells retro games for me to trade in my GC and games for.

[quote name='daschrier']I'm in NH/boston :) (From NH actually). Best finds have been from Bullmoose.[/QUOTE]

I definetly agree. Xbox 360 games are like 4 to 8 bucks less than the MSRP. Got me PGR3 for about $2 after credit/bull moose card. Too bad their Dreamcast selection is dying...

Just an update, there's a new game store that opened up in downtown Somersworth(if you can call it a downtown...) it's called Game Biz or something similar to that. They carry every and their prices are good. Genesis games are $5 a peice, gameboy color games are $10 a peice and so forth. It's really not that bad of a deal if you can find something good/rare for 5 or 10 bucks. I picked up PS2 power and a/v cables for like 9 bucks, so I'd say at least check it out, they can get almost anything for you, or so they say. Oh and before I forget, they have a Sega CD there or something similar to it.

Yo im from manchester...Has anyone noticed theres not many deals in newhampshire????//? sure theres a few here and there but other than that NOTHING

[quote name='Wiimote']Yo im from manchester...Has anyone noticed theres not many deals in newhampshire????//? sure theres a few here and there but other than that NOTHING[/QUOTE]

I agree, there's nothing around here.

But i am taking ur guys edvice and going to THE GAME EXCHANGE tommorow

o but the only time there was deals was when kmart in londenderry was closing to turn into sears essential there was soooooo many sales my head almost exploded!!!!!

ALL VIDEO GAMES 50-60% off!!!!!

[quote name='Wiimote']But i am taking ur guys edvice and going to THE GAME EXCHANGE tommorow

o but the only time there was deals was when kmart in londenderry was closing to turn into sears essential there was soooooo many sales my head almost exploded!!!!!

ALL VIDEO GAMES 50-60% off!!!!![/QUOTE]

What are you going there for? I went, but it really wasn't worth the trip. I guess if you live close to Plaistow, then go for it. What part of the state are you in?

Manchester like a 20 min drive...

i like what they had but the prices were sort of high

and even though they had pretty much any old school think you would want ....NO POWER GLOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Buy in Salem, NH allows price matches on any $8.96 games from the Circuit City clearance. Just bring in the print out. It doesn't matter if it's in stock or not, they take anything! I've already grabbed Star Wars Episode III, Shaolin Monks, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, NFSU Rivals and THUG Remix.

[quote name='EddieD']Best Buy in Salem, NH allows price matches on any $8.96 games from the Circuit City clearance. Just bring in the print out. It doesn't matter if it's in stock or not, they take anything! I've already grabbed Star Wars Episode III, Shaolin Monks, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, NFSU Rivals and THUG Remix.[/quote]

wow, finally some info thats useful! did ya happen to go to the Salem CC? im guessin you did and it was completely wiped out.

[quote name='Supreme']wow, finally some info thats useful! did ya happen to go to the Salem CC? im guessin you did and it was completely wiped out.[/quote]

Yes, the Salem Circuit City was wiped out by some asshole.

....Wait, that was me. :whistle2:# They actually didn't have too much, however. A worker told me that they were able to get first dibs and they took a lot.

Taiko Drum Master is 15 bucks at the KMart in Rochester. Might be a YMMV as to what its priced at your local KMart.

I guess I can start posting here too since I am moving to Andover, MA, which is about a 15 minute drive to NH. I actually go shopping in Salem a lot since NH is tax free.

I also lived in Hanover while I was going to school, but that was a long time ago.

[quote name='Supreme']yeah, I also do the majority of my shopping in Salem. I might head over to CC and try to PM that 360 HD.[/quote]

Have you been to Nashua at all? I passed by once, but only went to the Targets in the area. There was a mall connected to one of the Targets but it was closed at the time.

Nah, I rarely go to other mall areas. I've probably been there once. Only other places I can remember going to are the North Conway outlets and some outlets in some place near the RI border, forgot the name of the city.

If anybody's still looking for CC clearance titles, the Salem CC just refilled their clearance bin. I stopped by today and saw they had Untold Legends, Godfather LE among others. There are also three boxes of Donkey Kong Jungle beat with bongos for $19.99 each. I passed on everything though, but if anybody finds an extra DDR, let me know.

So I'm going to go to NH to try to get a preorder on the PS3. Which one is more crowded, the Salem TRU or the Nashua one? Any of you guys going to either? We could have a CAG meetup.

bread's done
Back