Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

• Please log in to reply
1058 replies to this topic

#721 bigjunior

bigjunior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

Radjago, any idea when the Meijer on harshman is closing? I know I went last week and it was 30-60% off general merchandise(on what was left).

Stopped in yesterday, it was still 30-60%. no really-gotta-have-it games. may get a few at the next price drop, but until then....

#722 SolidMetal

SolidMetal

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:43 AM

Yeah so any deals on like a 360 anywhere? And PS I'm in north carolina right now so i won't be home til like saturday.

#723 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

The Game Haven got broken into monday night. As far as we can tell all they took is a used 360 (no cords, just the system), 2 used PS2's, and a used XBOX.

The XBOX and PS2's have Game Haven warranty stickers on the bottom and the 360 has a sticker on the side with my crappy handwriting on it (it says "seems to work, needs further testing").

If anyone finds these for sale in the Dayton area PM me ASAP or call our store at (937)252-5635.

thanks!

That sucks! I can't believe that's all they stole. What a waste! Hope they get caught. I'll keep an eye on ebay, craigslist, and the local papers for listings.

Anyone know where to get a dreamcast for only like under 20 bucks? I don't need any controllers or anything I just need a good console that plays games. I don't need any cables either.

They go for $40 or so on ebay. I'd keep an eye out on craigslist or local pawn shops.

#724 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Stopped in yesterday, it was still 30-60%. no really-gotta-have-it games. may get a few at the next price drop, but until then....

Yep, went there yesterday. Saw a lot of mediocre games(jeez, they had a ton of copies of Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run for Xbox). Might pick up Justice League Heroes & a couple others if they get up to 80% off.

#725 bigjunior

bigjunior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

Yep, went there yesterday. Saw a lot of mediocre games(jeez, they had a ton of copies of Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run for Xbox). Might pick up Justice League Heroes & a couple others if they get up to 80% off.

Stopped in today, and it's 40% - 60% for gen merch, and 50% off for games. But most of the good games are gone now. I figure a few ebayers raided it something fierce sunday. Even still, there's bargains to be had if you want to get few games on the cheap (Jak 3 for $6... why not!)

to add... store closes in 13 days

#726 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

But most of the good games are gone now.

Nope, there weren't that many good games to begin with. It's been pretty much crap that Gamestop & Game Crazy are overstocked with ever since they started clearing everything out.

#727 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Big Lots in the Airway shopping center in Dayton has 15ft HDMI cables for $13!

#728 MM3_XBOX

MM3_XBOX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

Family Video in Huber Heights has a couple 29.95 pre-owned Assassin's Creeds, Mass Effects, Halo 3s, and one 19.95 Super Mario Galaxy when I dropped by this morning.

#729 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

Judging from the ad in the paper yesterday, the games at Meijer on Harshman Rd. are now 60% and might be 80% around Sunday.

#730 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

Judging from the ad in the paper yesterday, the games at Meijer on Harshman Rd. are now 60% and might be 80% around Sunday.

#731 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

I stopped by yesterday and it was 60% off marked prices. Slim pickings though. I'm amazed that all the DS, PS3, and Wii games disappeared so quickly.

#732 bigtymer

bigtymer

High End Space Cop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

Just got back from the University Heights Target...lots of clearance deals. PC/Mac GH3 for $50 marked down from $70. Bluetooth keyboard for PS3 for $25. Shure headphone $70 marked down from $100.
Just wanted to let the Clevelanders know about all these deals.

#733 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:00 AM

If you want a Wii, Toys R Us will probably be a good place to look. We just got 45 on our truck last night(Eastgate TRU) and we are supposed to be getting two more 40+ shipments in the next two weeks. I would call first though because Im not sure if they will be holds for ads or not.

#734 slowrc3

slowrc3

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

Ended up buying Orange Box(PS3) for 24.xx with the $5 off coupon last night at the target near Polaris in Columbus. They also had some other good deals. There was one copy of OB left.

#735 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

This is getting real old real fast, robbed again and this time we got a news video:

http://www.whiotv.co...448/detail.html

If anyone knows anything call the store or cops.

#736 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

This is getting real old real fast, robbed again and this time we got a news video:

http://www.whiotv.co...448/detail.html

If anyone knows anything call the store or cops.

That's pretty damn sad. Did the store keep track the registration numbers on the systems? Hopefully they'll catch the 2 guys that did it.

To be honest, that area that the store is in has gone downhill the past 10 years. I think that's why CD Connection moved up to across from Wright State's campus(until it eventually closed). I remember a couple times that store got robbed before they moved.

#737 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

there was a dreamcast for 20 bucks at the exchange by my house. kamms corner in cleveland.

#738 SolidMetal

SolidMetal

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

there was a dreamcast for 20 bucks at the exchange by my house. kamms corner in cleveland.

Wow I live in cincinnati lol.

And I'm sorry about that store. Looked like a pretty good store. :/ good to see local gamestore still.

#739 bigjunior

bigjunior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

watched the news. Those guys knew EXACTLY what they were doing and going after. the whole thing took 45 seconds!!
Sad to see this shit going on. Hope you guys are insured and can recover.

#740 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

We're really not as bad off as the news makes it out. We ended up losing a premium and elite 360 along with a handful of games but it's not like it's going to put us under or anything. We don't keep serial numbers or anything on file but even if we did i doubt we'd ever find them. We're currently looking at ways of improving security.

The response time from the police was awesome (about 2 minutes) but not much you can do when the d-bags only took 45 seconds (as mentioned). Normally robberies are an annual thing, apparently not this year.

At least channel 7 ran a legit story, Fox news made us sound like the small shop struggling to make it in the big scary world, they also seemed more concerned about the release of GTA 4 than the robbery. To top it off, the article on their website is very poorly written (misspellings and a mention that $2K is all we make in a month, that would barely pay rent, much less 12 employees).

For those interested, we've got a used Wii in stock (that managed to avoid being stolen). It's a little expensive at $240 though.

#741 bigjunior

bigjunior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

We're really not as bad off as the news makes it out. We ended up losing a premium and elite 360 along with a handful of games but it's not like it's going to put us under or anything. We don't keep serial numbers or anything on file but even if we did i doubt we'd ever find them. We're currently looking at ways of improving security.

The response time from the police was awesome (about 2 minutes) but not much you can do when the d-bags only took 45 seconds (as mentioned). Normally robberies are an annual thing, apparently not this year.

At least channel 7 ran a legit story, Fox news made us sound like the small shop struggling to make it in the big scary world, they also seemed more concerned about the release of GTA 4 than the robbery. To top it off, the article on their website is very poorly written (misspellings and a mention that $2K is all we make in a month, that would barely pay rent, much less 12 employees).

For those interested, we've got a used Wii in stock (that managed to avoid being stolen). It's a little expensive at $240 though.

Agreed about the news coverage. Ch 7 ran a good story about the theft; halfway thru the Fox story I was wondering what the hell they were reporting about!! Where did GTA4 even enter into the equation?!

#742 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

Agreed about the news coverage. Ch 7 ran a good story about the theft; halfway thru the Fox story I was wondering what the hell they were reporting about!! Where did GTA4 even enter into the equation?!

I did manage to be in the Fox video though. ;)

I think the angle Fox was going for was that people may be breaking into stores to get copies of GTA 4 to play/sell. It came out pretty stupid.

#743 jezebelseven

jezebelseven

I want to music

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:05 AM

Any Dayton-ites looking for a wii should be one of the first two people in line at the Trotwood Sears on Sunday, so a little birdie tells me.

Posted Image

#744 falcon815

falcon815

Ride on my coattails

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:25 AM

Hey guys. Not an Ohio resident myself, but I found a coupon some of you might be able to use. There's a set of Gamestops that have a coupon flyer that includes a 50% trade-in bonus coupon on it. Rules: 5 games at a time, doesn't stack with anything but Edge, coupon must be surrendered. Here are the Ohio stores listed on my coupon (got it in Indianapolis):

1) Eastgate Mall (4601 Eastgate Blvd, Cincinnati)
2) Eastgate Square (4394 Eastgate Square Dr, Cincinnati)

A little specific, but if you're in that area, check those GSes for the coupons. They're good until the end of August.

#745 SolidMetal

SolidMetal

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

Isn't that for like everywhere?
I don't do trade-ins anyway, they're a rip off.

#746 falcon815

falcon815

Ride on my coattails

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:52 AM

Isn't that for like everywhere?

If it were, I think there'd be a thread somewhere for it by now. That, or the Blockbuster thead on VG deals would be atwitter with plans for a flipping frenzy.

I don't do trade-ins anyway, they're a rip off.

Neither do most of us, but when there's a 60% bonus, a lot more people would consider it worthwhile. I don't think getting $32 back on a $40 investment ala FFVII:CC is a bad deal, for example.

In conclusion: what the hell, dude, I was just trying to help.

#747 SolidMetal

SolidMetal

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

In conclusion: what the hell, dude, I was just trying to help.

um...ok?

#748 movieman2742

movieman2742

#1 CAG in Whitehall, OH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

I'm from Whitehall, a suburb of Columbus on the east side. I used to shop here but Columbus hasn't had much good stuff here recently. I tend to travel out of town a couple days a week. Been to Dayton, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and about every small town in Southwest Ohio. Not to mention parts of Kentucky and Indiana.

Chicago and New York are next on my list.
http://l4d-fr.com/ac...gn&c=u&e=15&f=2

Sir Mr Bubbles Xbox Live
Sir_Mr_Bubbles Playstation Network

sir_mr_bubbles ebay id name
http://stores.ebay.c...ameZL2222QQtZkm

#749 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

I've returned to central Ohio after a four year sabbatical in the Windy City.

Damn it, everything here looks the same! What the hell have y'all been doin'?!

I kid. Drove by Bethel the other day to see that Crazy Burt's no longer exists. Never bought anything there, but it's always sad to see the little guy disappear. Used to price match their new releases all the time (they generally sold for $4-5 dollars less).

There was another similar store in Grove City, still went by the old "Video Games Express" title. Anyone know if it's still there?

#750 Xeno G

Xeno G

Stubborn Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

There was another similar store in Grove City, still went by the old "Video Games Express" title. Anyone know if it's still there?

It's still there and Burt still owns it. As far as I know it's the last VGE. At one point Burt owned like 5 of those and he had Crazy Butr's on Bethel.
BUY MY GAMES! [~ Twitter - 360 ~] Currently Playing: Halo 4 & Borderlands 2 (360), Skyrim & FTL (PC)