Photo
- - - - -

Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

• Please log in to reply
1058 replies to this topic

#901 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

FYI, the store in Willoughby(HWV/GC) won't be closing for another 4-5 weeks according to what they told me on the phone yesterday.

Also the HWV in Niles won't be closing for a long time since they said blank cases won't go from 10/$2 to 10/$1 for at least 4 weeks. :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#902 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:30 AM

Anyone know if the Blockbuster on Graham and Darrow is closing? It's no longer listed on the BBV website.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#903 daminion

daminion

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

Kmart in Wadsworth, OH is closing. Stopped in last week and games were 40% off. PSP Go was 20% off.

They didn't have any of the newest releases, but there were some decent titles. Unfortunately the starting price for most was $60.

#904 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

I was just in Buybacks trying to make money and I noticed a copy of Amped for Xbox at the low, low price of $67.99, and Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions for PSX for $72.99. So if you've got a copy of either of those, I guess dump them. Although, I was told they pay no more than a dollar for old games, so I'm wondering if they gave someone a dollar for MGS and then marked it up to $73. I'd like to see that guy's reaction.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#905 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

Not sure how long this is going on but It's About Games on Pearl Rd in Parma is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all used games. The store is slightly over priced but this sale should offset that. I picked up DKC 2 & 3, and FF Disidia for about $34.

#906 Pango5k

Pango5k

Now with Retsyn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

The K-mart in North Canton has Super Street Fighter 4 out early if anyone is interested. I picked up the 360 version, that had about 5 total. Not sure if the PS3 version is there, but it may be a safe bet.

Not really a deal, but just a heads-up if anyone wants it early.

#907 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:14 AM

With all these stores closing, where am I going to find clearance deals anymore?

#908 ccc2021

ccc2021

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

Middletown, Ohio here.

Does anyone on here check the Lebanon Target store? I dont get there too often but I've heard that had some good clearance games recently. Can anyone confirm?

#909 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:40 AM

The used game section of the Sharonville Micro Center was absolutely barren today! What happened to that store?

#910 rocko34

rocko34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

New CAG here, I live in southern Ohio near Portsmouth, however work alot in CBUS, my wife is from Mentor/Cleveland, so go up there alot to0. Former Otterbein grad aswell I have noticed a few of you on here.

Side note, Have any of you heard of the Grandview weekend outlets? They seem to mostly in southern Ohio, with one as far north as Circleville in the old Walmart building. They usaully pop in old Kroger or department store buildings. Apparently when items do not sell at Target they send them to a warehouse and sell palettes of old merchandise at auctions. These Grandview stores buys these items and turn around and sell them at their outlets, usually pretty cheap. I have found opened copies of COD MW2 for 14.99, PS3 Memory card adapters for 6.99-which were flipped on Amazon for 30 a piece, Various strategy guides for 2.99 and etc. Basically they go down to the Target auctions during the week and buy a whole bunch of palletts bring them back, throw the junk on the shelves ( I mean throw too!) and open on friday, sat and sun. When they open on Friday at 10 it is like shopping market sweep with a bunch of old ladies with carts trying to buy depends and crackers. Luckily for us, most do not go to buy games so you do not have to go right when they first open to get the best deals on games and electronics. They seem to have no pricing strategy as prices vary store to store. For example COW MW2 was 10 at some and 25 at others, I guess it depends on the knowledge of the associate at time they price it. I found many great Amazon flips in these stores, not just in video games as they carry everything that a Target carries. I have even found a coleman camping tent for 15 bucks that sells online for over 200!
*****Word of caution- alot of stuff is opened box returns so be sure to make sure it is complete or works-they let you plug in stuff to test as cash back returns are not an option.
The best part is sometimes you can even haggle the price with them!

#911 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

I always thought Target sold it's unsellable returns and old clearance merchandise to Goodwill.

#912 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

cincy kmart in blue ash had some decent games today.... havent really been searching around lately

#913 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

Checked out a Grandview Weekend Outlet in Trotwood. Strange place. All they had gamewise was some 360 Guitar Hero WT for $10. Still, i'll check occasionally since it seems like what they have is entirely dependent on when you go.

#914 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Checked out a Grandview Weekend Outlet in Trotwood. Strange place. All they had gamewise was some 360 Guitar Hero WT for $10. Still, i'll check occasionally since it seems like what they have is entirely dependent on when you go.

I've never heard of any of these any word on how to find out about them

#915 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

Definitely YMMV, but in Northeast, OH, Marc's has the Dark knight "special Target DVD" (the one with the batmask) for $4.99. And they have lots of them!

#916 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:28 AM

Is this a flea market? I saw a video on Youtube of a game booth at a flea market in Huber Heights that looked decent.

#917 selu21

selu21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:41 AM

I'm from Northeast Ohio, specifically Wooster. We have a Gamecrazy, which is attached to a Hollywood video. Both are doing 20-30% off all game liquidation deal. I'm hoping that things get cheaper as the deadline gets closer, as bad as that makes me feel to hope for. The Gamecrazy here was always a great alternative to Gamestop, which makes me sad to see it go.

#918 RAZORLAND

RAZORLAND

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hey! I'm from Cleveland, about an hour west of Youngstown! Graduated from the U. of AKRON also; I consider myself representing two cities.

this thread's an oldie but a goodie.

#919 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

I'm from Northeast Ohio, specifically Wooster. We have a Gamecrazy, which is attached to a Hollywood video. Both are doing 20-30% off all game liquidation deal. I'm hoping that things get cheaper as the deadline gets closer, as bad as that makes me feel to hope for. The Gamecrazy here was always a great alternative to Gamestop, which makes me sad to see it go.

Thanks for posting this. That one and the one from New Philly are both closing, and I am also kinda waiting for the next level (40-50%) at both stores. If you see it hit 40-50%, can you send me a PM?
Posted Image

#920 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

Rocko34's post clued me into the Grandview place.

It's kind of like a ghetto Big Lots. Lots of random overstock and returns from other stores. Make sure you check the expiration dates if you buy food. I bought some boxes of mini chocolate bars for a quarter each only to discover they expired four years ago! Seems like it would be a good place to stop by every week of two.

Here's the link to their website with locations:

http://grandviewoutlets.com/

Also anyone looking for universal TV remotes should check meijers. I bought a Harmony 610 remote for $40 at the one in Beavercreek, i didn't see any more.

#921 selu21

selu21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for posting this. That one and the one from New Philly are both closing, and I am also kinda waiting for the next level (40-50%) at both stores. If you see it hit 40-50%, can you send me a PM?

Will do. I'm probably going to start checking in at the start of each week until they close. I'll let you know if they drop prices if I see them.

#922 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Went to Grandview Outlet in Circleville today. Pretty different place ended up looking at both copies of MW2 for 30. One was ringed and the other looked pretty new. so I was happy overall gettting one of them

#923 equality

equality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Not sure if anyone is from the Blacklick/Reynoldsburg/Gahanna area but I went into a little shop called Ultimate Video Game Connection off East Broad and was pretty impressed with their prices.

Picked up Mirror's Edge for PS3 for 7.99 and noticed a fair amount of other games similarly priced. Didn't check out their 360 selection but would imagine the pricing is similar.

#924 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

Not sure if anyone is from the Blacklick/Reynoldsburg/Gahanna area but I went into a little shop called Ultimate Video Game Connection off East Broad and was pretty impressed with their prices.

Picked up Mirror's Edge for PS3 for 7.99 and noticed a fair amount of other games similarly priced. Didn't check out their 360 selection but would imagine the pricing is similar.

is this the new place ive heard about close by the target?

#925 work88

work88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Just moved from Cleveland to Columbus. Moving makes you realize how much stuff you've accumulated over the years. That being said I have a few games and controllers that are just sitting in a box (ps2 and original xbox stuff).

Is it appropriate to post a list in this forum of the stuff I want to get rid of? I only ask because I was going to put everything on Craigslist but thought a CAG might want first crack at it.

#926 equality

equality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

is this the new place ive heard about close by the target?

Yes, it's a real small place. Wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't driven by.

#927 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

Looks like they opened up a Buybacks in Beavercreek behind Chilis where Rex used to be. Think i'll check it out today.

#928 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

Just moved from Cleveland to Columbus. Moving makes you realize how much stuff you've accumulated over the years. That being said I have a few games and controllers that are just sitting in a box (ps2 and original xbox stuff).

Is it appropriate to post a list in this forum of the stuff I want to get rid of? I only ask because I was going to put everything on Craigslist but thought a CAG might want first crack at it.

I'd say the trading forum would be the place to post that, but you could certainly put a link to it on here. Craigslist will definitely give you a wider audience.

#929 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

Stopped in Buybacks in Beavercreek, pretty much just like the one by the Dayton Mall.

I like Buybacks because they're generally cheap but they have the occasional game/movie that's ludicrously expensive for no apparent reason.

#930 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

Stopped in Buybacks in Beavercreek, pretty much just like the one by the Dayton Mall.

I like Buybacks because they're generally cheap but they have the occasional game/movie that's ludicrously expensive for no apparent reason.

The Beavercreek one is a lot bigger and has more stuff though. I like Buybacks, I find some pretty good stuff there sometimes. I went in there and bought Aladdin for the Genesis complete for only 5 bucks.