Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

• Please log in to reply
1058 replies to this topic

#931 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:12 AM

Stopped in Buybacks in Beavercreek, pretty much just like the one by the Dayton Mall.

I like Buybacks because they're generally cheap but they have the occasional game/movie that's ludicrously expensive for no apparent reason.

This, it's incredibly hit or miss. The other day I found a Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Collector's Edition for $22 after I had just paid $17.99 for the standard edition at Gamestop. Not only that, Gamestop switched the copy I picked out with some beat-ass copy they had hidden behind the desk. But, I split the difference by picking up a Red Alert 3 for $6.99. Meanwhile, there's a VHS copy of Return of the Living Dead for $56.99.

One thing about them, though, is their standards are so high that I almost never trade there but I also never worry about buying from them, not only the discs but the cases as well. That's something I hugely appreciate, especially with Gamestop's new case-switching tactic.

But, alas, I still can't get over charging $45 for a barebones SNES, even if they're the only SNES in town.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#932 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:34 AM

I can think of 3 or 4 other places you can get SNES stuff around town, although all of them are charging something similar. Seeing as they go for about $40 shipped on ebay, craigslist, and other online stores, it's not so bad.

#933 raregamergirl

raregamergirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

The Ultimate Video Game Connection store is mine :) If anyone from here goes in, you can get an extra 15 percent off any of the used games. Just mention that I (Sara) said you could get a CAG discount (or you can get 15 percent extra in trade, which is obviously good towards anything).

If you are interested in vintage stuff, be sure to ask if you can check out the back :)

#934 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:18 AM

The Ultimate Video Game Connection store is mine :) If anyone from here goes in, you can get an extra 15 percent off any of the used games. Just mention that I (Sara) said you could get a CAG discount (or you can get 15 percent extra in trade, which is obviously good towards anything).

If you are interested in vintage stuff, be sure to ask if you can check out the back :)

do you have a copy of red seeds profile for ps3 by any chance?:)

#935 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

Come on Ohio, we need to get our asses in GEAR bump
Posted Image

#936 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Sorry. The Dayton Mall area has been dry recently.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#937 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Amish country is still pretty barren, so I was basically talking out of my ass up there, haha.
Posted Image

#938 bigjunior

bigjunior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:58 PM

Sorry. The Dayton Mall area has been dry recently.

agreed!

Hey neighbor!! WC here

#939 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Just got an email from:

Play N Trade of Dublin
7593 Sawmill Rd., Dublin, OH
In the Kroger Marketplace Plaza
(614) 889-6991

They are having a promo the 27-29th:

Applies to ALL used games, accessories, and game systems:

Spend 19.99 get $5 off
Spend 39.99 get $10 off
Spend 59.99 or more get $15 off
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#940 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

Just got an email from:

Play N Trade of Dublin
(614) 889-6991

They are having a promo the 27-29th:

Applies to ALL used games, accessories, and game systems:

Spend 19.99 get $5 off
Spend 39.99 get $10 off
Spend 59.99 or more get $15 off

Is that store any good? I work out at lifetime fitness right next door basically so I always see it, but I never go in.

#941 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Is that store any good? I work out at lifetime fitness right next door basically so I always see it, but I never go in.

It's not bad at all, I have been there a few times and bought some items. Definitely, worth checking out since you're in the area.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#942 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

I'll be here for a few more weeks until I head back to school. With most of my friends already back, I'll definitely have to check it out, even though my backlog is huge.

#943 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

I'll be here for a few more weeks until I head back to school. With most of my friends already back, I'll definitely have to check it out, even though my backlog is huge.

Last time I was in there they had a mint Zelda Ocarina of Time in the case. I told one of the employees how me and a buddy used to believe his n64 would break due to how heavy the cartridge was (the thing is like a brick :lol:)They carry just about every game system plus new and used titles for wii, ps3, 360, used blu-rays and HDDVDs too.

Edited by evildeadjedi, 27 August 2010 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#944 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

agreed!

Hey neighbor!! WC here

Hooray! I'm not the only one around here.

Springboro/Miamisburg here, until I go back to school.

Edited by DrMunkee, 27 August 2010 - 08:12 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#945 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Anybody know any places around the Cincy area that sells games early? :D

#946 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

Wish I knew there have been a few times I have been looking to get a game a few days early and I can never find anywhere

#947 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:42 PM

There's not a single copy of Hitman: Blood Money in this entire town, but I did manage to find a used Halo Reach at Buybacks for $47, lulz.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#948 SolidMetal

SolidMetal

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:46 AM

You just have to be bros with the people who work at GameStop, that's how my friend gets his early.

#949 rocko34

rocko34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Last time I was in there they had a mint Zelda Ocarina of Time in the case. I told one of the employees how me and a buddy used to believe his n64 would break due to how heavy the cartridge was (the thing is like a brick :lol:)They carry just about every game system plus new and used titles for wii, ps3, 360, used blu-rays and HDDVDs too.

They are a cross of a mom and pop store and a gamestop. They are a franchise, so the owner and staff are flexible in what they can do versus a corporate Gamestop. They have over all comparable prices to Gamestop, usually a few bucks cheaper and they also have a discount card like Gamestop. They do have the best sales! Earlier in the year they had a spring sale and it was amazing, they had many brand new 360 and ps3 games for 50% off, I got the TEKKEN 6 limited edition bundle that comes with the fighting stick for like $40 brand new, and this was in early 2010, crazy. Its worth stopping to see when they will have thier next big sale.

#950 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Yup, I stopped in one day after my workout and had a lengthy talk with one of the workers and bought a couple small things. Looked like a good place to me.

#951 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

Got an email yesterday from:

Play N Trade of Dublin
(614) 889-6991

ALL USED GAMES $25 and UP - 25% OFF!!

ALL USED GAMES $10 to $24.99- 50% OFF!!

ALL USED GAMES $.99 to $9.99 - 75% OFF!!

This Friday, Sept. 24th thru Sunday, Sept. 26th ONLY!

If you head over be sure to stop by Graffiti Burger for an awesome burger!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#952 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Graffiti burger is the best. Menchies has some great froyo as well.

I might have to head back from campus to Dublin to check out those sales.

#953 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

any places around parma that might be selling nba 2k11 early?
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#954 daminion

daminion

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

There is a B2G1 free sale at the new Gamestop by great northern mall on brookpark by target. Right next to Jimmy John's.

Pretty sure this is the store:
Game Stop 6691
(440) 734-4275
25102 Brookpark Rd
North Olmsted, OH 44070

Edited by daminion, 08 October 2010 - 06:34 PM.
fixing crappy post i made on the iphone while driving

#955 MCHamster

MCHamster

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

Reporting in from Cincy, Also from the Dayton/Msbg area.

#956 sethrhf

sethrhf

The Watcher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

I'm in the Dayton area

#957 bigjunior

bigjunior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:19 AM

dayton area too. yippee!!

#958 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:24 AM

I'm not sure if these DS titles I found at Five Below (Brooklyn) are at all Five Belows. They have Dragon Ball Origins, Honeycomb Beat, and New International Track & Field for $5 each. Picked up DB:Origins not sure about the others...

#959 JDN169

JDN169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

The Blockbuster on Airway rd in East Dayton is closing in a couple days. Used DVD's were $3.99 each when i was in there last. Blu-Rays were still overpriced.

Cashlands in East Dayton are giving $5 cash for ANY 360, PS3, and Wii games as well as Blu-Rays. They are also giving $2 for PS2 games and $1 for DVD's.

The Game Haven is doing DVD price drops (finally). We're going down the alphabet and have A's and B's done. Prices now range from .99 to 9.99 with a fair amount on the cheaper end. We're not discontinuing the Buy one get one free sale until price drops are finished. This means that there are plenty of .99 and 2.99 movies that are BOGO to boot.

Jacques

#960 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

They are opening ANOTHER Gamestop across the street from the Target by the Dayton Mall. That makes 3 within walking distance of one another - One in the Mall, one beside Target, and now one across the street from Target. I thought it was bad when they had two in the mall, but this is just odd. The guy in the old one beside Target said that they plan to keep them all open.

I don't know if they'll have any grand opening deals, but I think it opens on Thursday.